PDA

View Full Version : Emmerdale in more detail this week (Monday 18th - 22nd July)

Emmak2005
18-07-2005, 03:06
Courtroom scenes always bring out the best in a soap's most extreme characters, and Viv surpassed herself last week as Zoe stood in the dock, charged with the attempted murder of Scott. "She burnt down our church! She's a dangerous loony!" she cried, with characteristic sensitivity. On Friday Zoe still allows her to see Jean, provided that she is accompanied by Callum (Er. What happened to the Geordie nanny all of a sudden?), but the scene turns nasty when Scott turns up, too. Still, at least it gets the gorgeous Callum back on our screens, if only for a few brief scenes.

It looks as if Ethan might be about to get more action as well - at least if those nervous-looking, sideways glances are anything to go by. The poor guy has had rotten storylines since day one, but now that Laurel is back, things are set to change. On Thursday, following a spat with Jasmine, he and Laurel have a cosy chat when Ashley is too busy to listen, and it is clear that Ethan enjoys their closeness. You can't blame Laurel for looking elsewhere. She arrived back to a meal cooked by Ashley and a cuddle on the sofa and declared, "I wanna love you in every possible sense of the word" (ie she's gagging for it). It's clear it's never going to happen with Ashley, so Ethan had better start practising getting out of that cassock.

There were also relationship problems for Louise yesterday, when Matt suddenly ended their relationship and confessed that he only went out with her in the first place for a bet. In todays episode Sadie tells her that she does not have the brains or class to keep a man like Matt, which immediately brings the words pot, kettle & black to mind. Sadie tried to raise her eyebrows last week - such strenuous effort has not been required since they tried to raise the Titanic. Louise is deeply upset and Sadie leaves with a cruel smile across her face. Presumably one that needs crampons to set it in place.

Babe14
18-07-2005, 08:39
I'm loving Emmerdale and thought that for once Matt was being straight with Louise when he told her that he loved her. It's going to be an interesting storyline with Matt and Sadie, the only woman he ever loved and was badly hurt by, I think that they belong together. Poor Louise though will Terry have her back if she realises what a big mistake she has made?

Sounds interesting about Ashley/Laurel/ Ethan. Ethan needs a bit of a juicy storyline to liven his character up, he's become lost and dull recently.

I'm really pleased that Callum is actually being ivolved in storylines and hopefully he'll be given a lot more. Callum is a character that they could do a lot with. Um I can just see him as Lord of the Manor..all we'll need then is a nice steamy romance for him..

Not sure about the new Dingle additon yet..still it is very early days...

Katy
18-07-2005, 10:26
Matthew King is so horrible. Mind you Louise did deserve it after dumping Terry like that. Even though its early days i think the new dingle addition is good. She looks just like the others.

phils little sister
18-07-2005, 10:31
Im glad Louise gets dumped by Matthew, i dont like her at all - who will she go for next the bishop?

im liking the new dingle too :cheer:

phils little sister
18-07-2005, 10:32
And i hope Terrry dosent take her back, she deserves to be on her own

Katy
18-07-2005, 10:34
she deserves to be on her own. How could anyone do that to Terry. She walked all over him.

phils little sister
18-07-2005, 10:37
I know i felt real sorry for Terry, he is such a nice fella

Katy
18-07-2005, 10:38
i know hes so sweet and dawn left him too. highlight had to be viv though. "She burnt down our church! She's a dangerous loony!" that made me laugh

phils little sister
18-07-2005, 10:39
:rotfl: Viv is great - but imagine having her as a neighbour id murder her :rotfl:

Katy
18-07-2005, 10:41
i know she so nosy i have an older viv living opposite me. she knows everything in my small town thing. Shes so nosy.

I reckon she norris double from corrie.

phils little sister
18-07-2005, 10:42
Yeah Norris and Viv in the shop together they would be loving it

Emmak2005
19-07-2005, 00:45
I didn't like Sadie's attitude to Louise either in yesterdays episode. Saying she wasn't Matthew's type because she was a blonde bimbo with no brains. And also I think Emily's going over the top with organising a rota for her and Paddy. Served her right when he came home blind drunk with another woman on his arm. :bow: