PDA

View Full Version : EE-Shannis-The love that burned in the heat

Eastie-babe4eva
27-03-2005, 15:52
It was windy outside; the harsh breeze rattled the skeletons trees, causing them to shake violently, their leaves helpless plummeting to the ground. For a mid-spring afternoon in Majorca the weather was surprisingly miserable. If anyone dared to set foot outside that wind would gnaw at their bare flesh, filling them with nothing but an ice cold feeling. For this reason tourists and locals alike stayed inside.

Dennis lay on his bed, staring up at the ceiling. His head physically ached, all his emotions drained from inside of him leaving him open, vulnerable and dependant. He held his eyes tightly shut, locking himself in total and complete darkness. The amount of alcohol he’d demolished last night had seriously taken its toll on him. All over his body was painful and weak as if all the blood had evaporated from within him. In the very pit of his stomach he felt raw, the nauseas feeling still inside him telling him he must’ve been sick. He relied on that alone to tell him he’d been sick as all memories of last night had faded.

He sat up. He was still dressed in the clothes he’d been wearing for the past three days and nights. He couldn’t even remember the last time he’d bothered to clean his teeth. His vision cleared, that hazy fog disappearing. The wind had died down a little now and a river of sunlight streamed through the open window causing his eyes to hurt just that little more. Once his eyes adjusted to the ray of light he opened them again. He took a hasty look round his room. He was in a grotty bed-sit. The walls were a dirty grey, reminding him of the old prison cell he’d once called home. Thinking back he was only mildly better off now than he had been then.

There were no curtains in the window, and no magical scenery he’d imagined he’d wake up to each morning. The sheets on his bed were torn, the only real furniture in his room a faded chest of drawers he hadn’t even bothered to pack his clothes into. Not that he could have anyway, two of the four drawers were cracked and the bottom one completely useless. That was nothing compared to the stench he’d grown accustomed to. The bed-sit was horrible but it was only a temporary arrangement.

The silence was broken by a loud knock at the door. He sighed knowing only too well that the person knocking so violently would be the landlord coming to collect his rent. With Dennis not working he had no money to give. He decided to put on some music. He switched it on, not caring what tune came on just that it was loud enough to drown out the sound of the door. The knocking carried on but he ignored it. He heard a voice shouting his name. For a while he was shocked, unable to move. That voice was feminine and oddly familiar. He smiled, darting into the bathroom and quickly cleaning his teeth. His gums bled but it was better than chancing it. He didn’t want her to know he’d fallen apart without her.

He ran out of the door, down the stairs and into the sunshine. It was amazing how quickly the weather had changed. It was almost as if the sun was to show that happiness was coming. He caught a taxi, sending the driver to the airport. She’d be there; she just would have to be. He needed to stop her before she had the chance to leave him again, not that she’d ever really left him in the first place. He missed her more each day and yet the longer his pain went on the easier it became to forget things about her. It had become so bad recently that he’d been unable to picture her face. But, after hearing her voice all he could see was her face. The taxi came to a pause. He flung over some money, not caring how much he’d given and if it was substantial. After-all it was all the money he had.

He ran through the airport, searching for the sheet of blonde hair as he went. He came to a pause, staring up at the screen which showed all the times of the scheduled flights. His eyes paused at London. He bit his lip, inhaling a deep breath before running toward gate 27. Dennis approached the desk, seriously out of breath by now.

“Can I have your passport and ticket please?” The lady asked politely and professionally. She was pretty, with short blonde hair and tiny facial features. He dismissed her from his mind focusing himself on Sharon. She was what was important to him and he needed to tell her that before it was too late. “Look, I’m not flying I just need to tell the woman I love that I need her!” He replied. She smiled and nodded. “Thanks!” He said hastily and turned to walk through. “I never said you could go through. I’m sorry I can’t let you, but I understand, honestly. I’ll see if I can catch her back here for you. What’s her name?”

Dennis paused. What was he doing? He needed time to think through what he was going to say. Although chasing her to the airport and declaring his love for her could be classed as romantic he did not know if it was good enough to fetch her back. “Sharon.”

The lady nodded and typed it into the computer. “I may need a surname, you know!” She said whilst the page loaded. “Sorry, Sharon Wa...” “Rickman?” She interrupted. He took a physical step back. Sharon had used his surname. She’d obviously considered staying in Spain with him. “That’s the one!” He finally replied. She nodded pressed down the speaker. “Would Sharon Rickman come to gate 27 please? I repeat would Sharon Rickman come to gate 27 please? Thank you!” Dennis grinned. Sharon Rickman had a nice ring to it, a ring of forever. After ten minutes Dennis was anxious. He walked back up to the same lady. “Try Sharon Watts instead! I fact, let me call her,” The lady bit her lip. “Please?”

She sighed and took a step back. Dennis walked round and spoke into the speaker.

“Sharon, It’s Dennis here. I know I sound like an ass for doing this and knowing you you’re probably really embarrassed right now but underneath you’ll be secretly shrieking with joy! Most people would think of this as romantic and you’ll agree with them but right now you probably hate me just that little more than you already did. I remember watching Love Actually with you that once, I secretly loved it. Anyway, because it’s Easter and at Easter you tell the truth I thought I’d tell you that in my eyes you’ll always be perfect. I love you Sharon!” He finished and stepped away from the speaker. He had salty tears in his eyes.

He wiped them with the back of his hand. “I love you too Dennis!” He spun around. Sharon stood there silent tears running down her face like so many times before and a massive grin plastered on her lips. He ran to her, sweeping her off her feet and then resting her back down and holding her close. “But it’s too late. I came to see if you were alright. I know you are now. It’s too late for us Dennis but I thought you’d like to be the first to know. I’m engaged. Don’t protest! He’s lovely honestly, he makes me happy, he’s uncomplicated and I love him. I do love you still and there’s a part of me which always will but, Cameron is right for me! Come back to Walford. You can meet him. Look I’m not saying it’ll be easy but I’m sure you hate being alone in an unfamiliar country. Please Dennis, for me?”

He took a step back, wiping the tears from his cheeks before they could fall. “Fine, I’ll come!” His voice was dry, the tears choking him. Sharon took his hand and gave him a soft kiss to the lips. Although he knew she was taken he knew she was and would always be his. The kiss seemed never ending, neither of them wanting their lips to part, both of them crying. Dennis pulled away. “You used my name.” She smiled and nodded kissing him again briefly. “In my wildest dreams I longed to have that name and, privately in the back of my mind I do.” He seemed to understand. He kissed her again, lighting up fireworks which fizzled in the Spanish heat.

Only a one parter btw!

Verity! xxxx

angelwings
27-03-2005, 20:21
what do you mean only a one parter verity that was amazing and i would absolutely love it if you could do more. love Emma.x

di marco
28-03-2005, 08:55
wow, that was fantastic! :D im speechless! everything you write is always so good! so much detail, so much emotional, so gripping all the way through. i loved reading it! :)

PinkFairy
28-03-2005, 12:18
Brilliant. That was all so real. I thought that the woman behind the desk was Sharon at first, but then I realised that they would of recognised eachother. Please carry on with your fantastic scripts.
Lauren xxx

Dennis_R_Luver!
02-11-2005, 22:09
Listen Verity, its steph remember the nutcase who used to be on BBC eastenders website , added u 2 buddy list GET IN TOUCH never thought i;d get to write to you again lol *tearful* missed u, iz n krissy n lush so much! lol KODAK Moment aww hun i am as nutty as ever and maybe even a bit more lol dont be scared!

- am soooo hyper now i found you

*rushes into verity's arms

Steph : I missed yoooooo

Verity: Me tooo

*Steph throws water balloon at verity and runs away*

lol do u remember our games?

luv Stephywephyboo x x x

Eastie-babe4eva
03-11-2005, 16:27
OMG stephy wephy!!!!! I haven't been on this board like...forever....then I get an email, read it and who should I see but the person me, Lushy and Krissy were talkign about just the other day. WE've got a Steph mission!!!

Darling. Add me to MSN...

Lushpink
03-11-2005, 18:16
ZOMGZ, guess who? :P heylo stephypops! Still as random as ever deary =D hope your ok, have missed ya sooo much, add me to msn if you have it,if not email me
[email protected]
aww, glad to have found ya!!! Has been quiet without you, we're reunited! I found Krissy and Verity, and then Verity found Iz and now verity has found you! awwww stephy! <huggles>

XXLUSHXX (yup tis still me ending :P)

Chloe-Elise
03-11-2005, 19:41
Great script :D please do some more,it was brilliant! :D