PDA

View Full Version : Death Of A Dancing Queen

Bryan
16-07-2005, 16:37
This is the scene i have submitted for Transmissions 2006

Dressing Room – Night

A dark and dreary dressing room, red curtains cover up the stage opposite, boxes of seventies costumes are stacked up around the room. Angela is sitting down at the dressing stable staring into a large mirror with light bulbs all around it.

A toilet flushes and Michelle comes out of the toilet and into the dressing room. Angela gets up and gestures that she sits down.

Angela: You all done?

Michelle: Yeah, just have to wait three minutes.

Michelle throws the pregnancy test onto the table and turns it over.

Michelle: The most agonising three minutes of my life…

Angela: I can imagine, but it isn’t the end of the world if you’re pregnant…

Michelle: It might as well be, I mean what have I got to offer a child?

Angela: Don’t be so harsh on yourself…

Michelle: Harsh? (laughs to self) I’m not being harsh. I have a ****ty job, no money and live in a rented council flat. Hardly good parent material am I?

Angela: Jason would help you, he wouldn’t let his child do without…

Michelle: Jason dosen’t care about anyone but himself Ange’.

Angela: What are you then?

Michelle: A shag, a pretty girl that he sleeps with, one of many no doubt.

Angela: Yeah but surely things would change if he realised you were going to be expecting his baby… you never know he might even mend his ways.

Michelle: As if, it would be like Prince Charles having an affair…

Angela: You’ll never know unless you tell him…you are going to tell him aren’t you?

Michelle: I don’t even know if I’m pregnant yet…

Angela: Well if you are…

Michelle: I don’t know, I mean do I want my child to be brought up by a violent drug dealer?

Angela: We cant choose who we fall in love with…

Michelle: That’s the point, I don’t even love him, I never have, he was just a bit of fun…but I’ve never had the guts to leave him…I’m afraid what he’d do to me…

Angela: He’d find himself another tart…

Michelle: (Defensive) Oh thank you very much…

Angela: Oh you know I didn’t mean it like that…anyway isn’t it time?

Michelle looks at her watch and then at Angela.

Angela: Go on then, you’ll never know if you don’t look.

Michelle grabs the test and looks at it, she covers it up then bends her head down and runs her hand tough her hair and starts to sniff.

Angela: Well?

Michelle: (Hesitant) It’s positive…

Angela: Oh ‘Shell, I’m so sorry….

Michelle: Don’t be. It’s my own stupid fault…if I shag around then its bound to happen, besides…I’m not keeping it…I’m having an abortion…

Angela: Oh no, you can’t ‘Shell!

Michelle: Why not? It’s my body and my baby, I don’t want it, and that’s final.

Angela: Ok so it wasn’t conceived in the best of circumstances, it may be wrong the wrong guy, you may have wanted to wait for a few years, but you’re pregnant now, and well it’s no the baby’s fault that your unhappy with your life…don’t punish it Shell. You’ve got nine months to work on it, and give the baby what it needs.

Michelle: You don’t get it do you! I cant change my life! I can’t leave Jason! He’d kill me!

Angela: I didn’t say to leave him did I?! Besides you cant leave him because he’s the father!

Michelle: No he isn’t!

Angela: You what?

Michelle: He isn’t the father…

Angela: (Confused) But…er…well who is then?

Michelle: You don’t want to know…

Angela: Yes I do, I wouldn’t have asked otherwise…

Michelle: Trust me, it’s best that you don’t know…

Angela: Just tell me Shell!

Michelle: Okay then, but you’re not gonna like it… I’m not happy about it myself, it was a drunken night…

Angela: I don’t care about the details, just tell me who!

Michelle: It’s…it’s…

Angela: Spit it out.

Michelle: (Ashamed) It’s Paul.

Angela is heartbroken, she begins to breath heavily, Michelle turn around to face her.

Michelle: (Emotional) Ange’ I’m so sorry…

Angela: You slag!

Angela throws a glass at the mirror, it smashes. Michelle dashes up form her chair.

Michelle: You’ve got to understand…

Angela: How could you, you dirty little slapper!

Michelle: Ange’!

Angela charges towards Michelle and grabs her hair, and pulls it, Michelle screams. The pair start a massive bitch fight, the pair ling each other around the room, smashing into things and trashing the room. The pair end up rolling around on the floor fighting. Paul and Kevin rush in.

Paul: What on earth is going on in here?

crumpet
18-07-2005, 16:06
More!

Bryan
18-07-2005, 16:12
More!

i havent done more lol its just the scene im submitting, i wont do the other scenes of it for a few months yet!!!!

crumpet
18-07-2005, 16:19
NOOOOOOOOOOO, CAN'T YOU DO A SCRIPT LIKE IT but with out all this stuff?

crumpet
18-07-2005, 16:20
that you can do more of?