PDA

View Full Version : depps reason against marriage

chance
13-07-2005, 12:33
Johnny Depp has revealed that the only thing stopping him from proposing to long-term partner Vanessa Paradis is that he doesn’t want to burden her with his name.

The pair have been together for seven years and have two children together and they regard themselves as married, but with Vanessa getting the better deal with her name.

Depp explained: "It would be a shame to ruin her last name! It's so perfect - Vanessa Paradis. So beautiful.

"It would be such a drag to stick her with Paradis-Depp. It's like a flat note.

"For all intents and purposes we are married. We have two kids together and she is the woman in my life.

"But if she ever said: 'Hey, let's get hitched', I would do it in a second. We'll do it if the kids want us to, or maybe when the kids are old enough to enjoy it with us."

Abi
13-07-2005, 15:22
awwww bless him!

Johnny Allen
13-07-2005, 15:57
He hasn't proposed to her because he's planning to marry me. He's such a lovely guy him and Vanessa make a great couple.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
13-07-2005, 16:09
They sure do!! :) Aww...

CrazyLea
13-07-2005, 16:47
awww

Trinity
13-07-2005, 16:59
That is crazy, I know lots of married couples where the have both kept their original names. It isn't a legal requirement to call yourself by your spouse's surname. In Scotland you can call yourself whatever you like, as long as you have evidence that you are in fact called by that name, e.g. a letter from the bank manager or even your parents!