PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Den Watts

adbjcs
12-04-2005, 17:18
anyone see todays sun newspaper. leslie grantham says ee ratings have fallen since den was killed off. im not sure how true this is though. what do you think? :)

callummc
12-04-2005, 18:07
I don't think he spoke to the sun directly,he was on tv yesterday morning,he did say the ratings have dropped since he left,he talked about the play he was in,he also said he wouldn't be going back and he missed some of his friends at Ee like -june brown,nigel harmon,leticia dean,natalie cassidy,wendy richard and he looked well,he also said it was a mistake to go on the webcam but what happened wasn't as black and white as it appeared in the papers.

Layne
12-04-2005, 19:27
Aww bless, i'm missing him.I thought Leslie was a fab actor, and Den was a brill character!We miss him, it just ain't the same!
Luv ya
Layne
x x x

littlemo
12-04-2005, 23:43
anyone see todays sun newspaper. leslie grantham says ee ratings have fallen since den was killed off. im not sure how true this is though. what do you think? :)

I don't think Eastenders ratings falling have anything to do with Leslie Granham leaving the soap. I don't think viewers have turned off in protest. It's to do with the lack of storylines and the bad scripts that have been produced the last few months.

I do think Eastenders has been improving lately. I am enjoying the storyline with Rebecca/Martin & Sonia & I like the characters of Johnny and Ruby. There does seem to be a lot of good upcoming storylines. I think it's only a matter of time before the EE ratings will be on a high again.

I've noticed Tony Jordan's name being mentioned on the end of episodes now, the episode when Martin and Sonia went to say goodbye to Rebecca was the first one I saw with his name on the titles, and it was definetely the best episode I'd seen in months.

callummc
13-04-2005, 00:37
Aww bless, i'm missing him.I thought Leslie was a fab actor, and Den was a brill character!We miss him, it just ain't the same!
Luv ya
Layne
x x x I miss him to,he also said he left because of the hatchett woman,his words , not my'n , but think about it she's the one responsible for the crap we've had to endure since christmas , and i beleive Leslie going has lost them veiwers-my gran, mam, dad, 2 brothers , 1 sister , 2 aunts ,and 3 of my mams friends,and their only the people i know about , i used to enjoy watching Ee with my family, now it's a case of me and my other sister watch it in the bedroom,whats worse is we've all voted for emmerdale in the soap awards as a protest,and because my mam and gran have actually started watching it and i've seen bits and it's not to bad , i'm glad i'm not the only one on these boards who misses him,nice talking to you.

Layne
13-04-2005, 18:01
I miss him to,he also said he left because of the hatchett woman,his words , not my'n , but think about it she's the one responsible for the crap we've had to endure since christmas , and i beleive Leslie going has lost them veiwers-my gran, mam, dad, 2 brothers , 1 sister , 2 aunts ,and 3 of my mams friends,and their only the people i know about , i used to enjoy watching Ee with my family, now it's a case of me and my other sister watch it in the bedroom,whats worse is we've all voted for emmerdale in the soap awards as a protest,and because my mam and gran have actually started watching it and i've seen bits and it's not to bad , i'm glad i'm not the only one on these boards who misses him,nice talking to you.
No your not the only one!!!!

callummc
14-04-2005, 12:27
I also feel that the coffin is not nailed shut,i also think that if they dug up the hole and there was no body it would bring a lot of den fans back,just thinking that maybe,1 day hell walk back in the vic would be enough,thats the only reason a few den fans are still watching,lets face it den watts is EE.

phils little sister
14-04-2005, 12:34
Yeah bring back Den :cheer:

the_watts_rule
14-04-2005, 18:16
bringing him back again would just be sad

barneysulk
14-04-2005, 20:36
bringing him back again would just be sad
And probably a miracle. How would the scriptwriters explain that one I wonder? A secret twin? But nothing would surprise me in EE nowadays.

BlackKat
11-07-2005, 13:37
Found this on Supanet, haven't seen it posted anywhere:

Dirty Den from beyond the grave

EastEnders fans who thought they had seen the last of Dirty Den are in for a shock after he makes an appearance from beyond the grave.

The conniving con-man met his maker for the second time on the BBC show after he was hammered to death by Chrissie Watts, played by Tracy-Ann Oberman, in the soap's biggest storyline of the year.

But after his body is discovered under the Queen Vic cellar, his voice is heard again - reading a letter found by adopted daughter Sharon, played by Letitia Dean.

It will not be the recognisable gravely drone of Leslie Grantham, however, as BBC bosses were forced to search out a soundalike to take his place after relations between the two parties soured irretrievably.

Actor Grantham was sacked after reports about his private life appeared in the tabloid press and his departure from the show is certain to be for good.

"We are recruiting a soundalike to duplicate Dirty Den's voice for the reading of the letter," a BBC insider told the Daily Star.

"The letter will contain bombshell revelations for Den's nearest and dearest as he tries to justify and condone his behaviour in writing."

Well, it doesn't sound too bad - at least he's not actually back, :lol:

Jojo
11-07-2005, 13:43
Richard Arnold said on GMTV this morning that he was going to be discovered in September as well :cheer:

Carrie Bradshaw
11-07-2005, 13:44
A soundalike - hmm :hmm: - can anyone do any good impressions? You could land yourself a part in Eastenders!! Where is this letter going to come from - didn't Chrissie throw away all his stuff?

eastenders mad
11-07-2005, 13:52
so he is definely going to be dead but read the letter out that he wrote for sharon is that right i am confused.

I hope he does come back it will be really rubbish if he did think about it.

angelblue
11-07-2005, 13:56
Oh it sounds great :lol:

Jojo
11-07-2005, 13:59
What has Den got to confess ?? I'm sure Sharon and Dennis really want to know the truth about why he slept with Zoe and don't they know that already?? I think its a bit daft really, its not as if he can tell everyone that Chrissie dealt the fatal blow!

Dr. Tangliss
11-07-2005, 14:18
I wonder what it is?

Treacle
11-07-2005, 14:35
There's nothing to say he even talks about his death, obviously that would be impossible.

I think it's probably some stuff he wrote in a letter to try to explain his seedy behaviour but he just never got round to sending it. Some people write letters just to let their feelings out. Maybe Sharon could find it and it could be one of them voice over things where she is reading the letter and it's just Den's voice in her head. That wouldn't be stretching credibility too far although it's an unusual special effect for a soap.

callummc
11-07-2005, 15:20
it sounds to me like they are probably trying to get leslie to do his voice,and their just letting him know that if he dosn't they'll get someone else to do it,to make it credible it would be better if he did it,cos is voice is very recognisable and if it isn't done properly it'll just be pathetic

i_luv_dennis
11-07-2005, 15:36
i know yeh it sounds really good

squarelady
11-07-2005, 15:56
Maybe he'll finally admit he fancied Sharon all along!

Treacle
11-07-2005, 16:28
That'll make me cringe squarelady :)

callummc
11-07-2005, 18:06
well if thats the storyline and they really want to destroy whats left of 1 of ee greatt charectorses well i for 1 will call it a day cos ee must realise den has a big following just check out hreads on other websites and he also has plenty of older fans who would say that ee had finally over stepped the mark,and i'm sur leslie granthem would be repulsed at such a storyline,

squarelady
11-07-2005, 18:23
We all know it's true though WQ!

BlackKat
11-07-2005, 18:24
If it does say anything like that, I can just imagine Sharon's face when she's reading it, lol.

Treacle
11-07-2005, 19:20
well if thats the storyline and they really want to destroy whats left of 1 of ee greatt charectorses well i for 1 will call it a day cos ee must realise den has a big following just check out hreads on other websites and he also has plenty of older fans who would say that ee had finally over stepped the mark,and i'm sur leslie granthem would be repulsed at such a storyline,
It's a special voice over effect used in THOUSANDS of other drama projects and I think even in soap before.

It's not like they're bringing Den back.

callummc
11-07-2005, 20:58
i wasn't meaning i had a problem with a voice over as long as it sounded right,it depends for me what the voice was saying if its just telling sharon things and that he loves her as a daughter great,but if they start more sordid incest story ideas well for me and a lot of other people that would be unacceptable,den might have been a possesive dad,but the idea of him loving her sexually for me would just be ee had totaly lost its credibility,i think some peple have a weird obsession with incest,i'd prefer for him to tell her that he never slept wirh paula rickman,that she lied to dennis and thats why he had a problem with dennis,maybe it was arthur who slept with her,but den knew and was thinking of poor dennis finding out pauline was his stepmum

Treacle
11-07-2005, 21:00
I doubt they'll open up the incest revelation. It did exist though there's no denying it.

callummc
11-07-2005, 21:06
well thats a matter of opinion no one knows what was going through his head except the writers who wrote his lines,maybe some of them have incsest on the brain or maybe we are all a bit to obsessed with ee and should follow leslie granthems advice and get out more

Treacle
11-07-2005, 21:41
It was obvious Den had incestuous feelings towards daughter Sharon. I thought it was something we were meant to pick up on. It was almost written in the dialogue in several occasions and direction almost screamed it.

Bryan
12-07-2005, 11:23
i think this will be good...have they done the voice over letter thing before

i think it needs to be done, as sharon isnt getting on with him atm, but if he justifys his reasons then she can grieve properly

Treacle
12-07-2005, 11:25
How can you justify something like that though?

Bryan
12-07-2005, 11:29
How can you justify something like that though?

justoify what? i was on about all the zoe stuff not the incest, as why bring up something she knew nothing about, for the zoe stuff he loved sharon so much that he couldnt bear her to go and didnt think dennis was the best perosn for hger, if he loved her he would not have chosen zoe etc... that he was doing it all for her in his twisted little way

Carrie Bradshaw
12-07-2005, 11:29
Doing this letter thing means that Sharon will feel she is on slightly better terms with Den and may want to speak to him to resolve some of their issues. This may lead to more searching for him, guilt that he is not going to be at her wedding and she will feel much more upset when she finds out he is really dead.

Bryan
12-07-2005, 11:30
Doing this letter thing means that Sharon will feel she is on slightly better terms with Den and may want to speak to him to resolve some of their issues. This may lead to more searching for him, guilt that he is not going to be at her wedding and she will feel much more upset when she finds out he is really dead.

sorry if this has already been mentioned but does she red the letter before or after dens body is discovered?

Carrie Bradshaw
12-07-2005, 11:33
sorry if this has already been mentioned but does she red the letter before or after dens body is discovered?
Oh yeah, I don't know - I just presumed it was before but it could be after. :searchme:

hayzie
12-07-2005, 13:11
i thought the letter was found after the body has been discovered, thats what i assumed anyway.....

eastenders mad
12-07-2005, 15:44
i thought she reads it when the body is found

di marco
12-07-2005, 20:29
i assumed she read it after the body was found, but i dont know

Layne
12-07-2005, 21:54
i assumed she read it after the body was found, but i dont know

yeh what do you think the letter will say???
I mean, if chrissie isn't found out (silly i no!) but sharon will never know that chrissie did it
Because the letter isn't excaltly going to say
'Chrissie killed me with that booldy doorstop!'

di marco
13-07-2005, 06:06
yeh what do you think the letter will say???
I mean, if chrissie isn't found out (silly i no!) but sharon will never know that chrissie did it
Because the letter isn't excaltly going to say
'Chrissie killed me with that booldy doorstop!'

no it wont be able to say anything about the death lol! im thinking it will prob just be explaining about everything sharon heard when she came back, about zoe etc.

Babe14
13-07-2005, 08:27
Oh my god that is so silly..

Dr. Tangliss
13-07-2005, 09:04
I think the part of getting someone to do a voice over in the style of Den is silly.

Babe14
13-07-2005, 10:54
It just seems so unrealistic to me, when your dead your dead..but who knows what really happens in the after life!

callummc
13-07-2005, 11:59
maybe den wrote a letter to sharon after she left but never posted it,sharon would forgive den anyway,she has no illusions about her dad she's allready forgiven chrissy,but thats cos she dosn't know the truth yet,but when forensics confirm the date of death,then she'll know chrissy was involved

di marco
13-07-2005, 15:35
It just seems so unrealistic to me, when your dead your dead..but who knows what really happens in the after life!

i dont think it will be den actually reading it, sharon would just be hearing his voice in her head as she read it

Treacle
13-07-2005, 16:25
justoify what? i was on about all the zoe stuff not the incest, as why bring up something she knew nothing about, for the zoe stuff he loved sharon so much that he couldnt bear her to go and didnt think dennis was the best perosn for hger, if he loved her he would not have chosen zoe etc... that he was doing it all for her in his twisted little way
That's what I meant. It's still implausible that anybody could justify their actions in that kind of situation (the Zoe one).

Abbie
13-07-2005, 17:53
i cant wait for this EE has to win awards for this storyline:D

eastenders mad
13-07-2005, 20:15
yeah cause corrie keep winning them

di marco
13-07-2005, 20:22
yeah cause corrie keep winning them

corrie dont deserve to win them, ee should get some

eastenders mad
13-07-2005, 23:11
yeah ee is alot better than corrie to many old people in corries

Jessie Wallace
13-07-2005, 23:41
i cant wait for this EE has to win awards for this storyline:D

Yeap, Eastenders is so much better than Coronation Street. I could happily fall asleep if i had to watch Coronation Street.

sarahwelford
13-07-2005, 23:46
eastenders should get some corrie lately has been rubbish like the fish storyline who cares and the sheely charlie storyline is just dragging on

Jessie Wallace
14-07-2005, 00:20
Exactley, that story line is getting on my nerves now, i wish things would just hurry up now, i know they don't in real life but, this is drama thats supossed to keep us entertained, not bored.

eastenders mad
14-07-2005, 10:22
yeah lol i mean what will tele be without the soaps

Bryan
14-07-2005, 13:14
Exactley, that story line is getting on my nerves now, i wish things would just hurry up now, i know they don't in real life but, this is drama thats supossed to keep us entertained, not bored.

what there problem is they dont give it breaks

little mo and trevor went on for over 2 years, but... it was broken up by oither storylines it wasnt solid chocka blocka for months in a row, where as sharley is...if it isnt sharley then its a stupid boring sitcom storyline that lasts two weeks and then has no effect on characters,

boring!!!!

kckinsmcg
14-07-2005, 13:50
A soundalike - hmm :hmm: - can anyone do any good impressions? You could land yourself a part in Eastenders!! Where is this letter going to come from - didn't Chrissie throw away all his stuff?

Remember when Den gave all those papers to Marcus Christie? Perhaps there was something in there that will clear Phil, otherwise how would he legally be in the Square? If he escapes again, they will find him immediately. So maybe there was something in those papers that tells all of his past deeds and deals. He said to Marcus at the time of exchange, "Now everything is back where it belongs" or something to that effect, suggesting that he had some dirt on Marcus as well to make him turn on the MItchells. Once he realizes Den is dead it would be safe for Marcus to come forward with any information he might have. With Phil, Grant and Peggy returning there has to be something going to happen for Phil to be let out of prison legally. What do you think?

Bryan
14-07-2005, 14:25
whether den was behidn ti or not the point still stands that phil had broken in, stolen money and had a firearm...thetres no way that he could be found not guiliuty

it will have to be a very clever plot to get phil out of jail legally, and will be interesting to see how it is achieved

eastenders mad
14-07-2005, 14:28
does he not just get released
how long was his sentance for?

Bryan
14-07-2005, 14:30
there hasnt even been a trial yet, and he has to go down when there is one as he was caught red handed in the place!!! with money and a gun!!!!

kckinsmcg
14-07-2005, 14:34
whether den was behidn ti or not the point still stands that phil had broken in, stolen money and had a firearm...thetres no way that he could be found not guiliuty

it will have to be a very clever plot to get phil out of jail legally, and will be interesting to see how it is achieved

That's my point exactly. No matter what he was still found with his hand in the cookie jar and therefore was guilty of at least attempted grand larceny (not sure what it would be called over there) and would of course still be guilty, but again we know he returns with the family in tow and now we know there is going to be a letter from Den tying up all loose ends.

To me it was just too easy the way Marcus handed everything over considering his history with the Mitchell's so it has always bothered me that it was dropped the way it was.

Also, Chrissie may have thought she threw everything away, but Den had a lot of alone time where she did not know where he was or what he was doing. Perhaps there was a safety deposit box left behind in Spain after Dennis met him there. He always said even at the end that everything he did was for his family. Sharon of course being the most important. Since his last brush with death in the canal and seeing how upset Sharon was when he returned maybe he left behind a will this time and a letter to explain his actions.

All I know for sure is that I cannot wait for this to come out.

kckinsmcg
15-07-2005, 03:33
does he not just get released
how long was his sentance for?

When Phil was arrested, Den looked down the hole at him and said "being caught red-handed withe the money inside the place...you'll be lucky to get out when your 60." So I always assumed he was going down for a long long time,hence his reason for escaping also.

brewer0
15-07-2005, 04:47
I think it says he IS actually her father!!!!!!

di marco
15-07-2005, 05:53

source?

Bryan
15-07-2005, 09:52

that could happen i suppose theyd altough the biological father to adopt his child

but i dubt this will happen... it dont move the story on Den is Sahron's dad as far as she is concerned, so not much point in in happening...but would be good to see Sharon';s face...shannis marraige would then not be allowed as they would be blood related!

Abi
15-07-2005, 09:54
Would be a good story though

eastenders mad
15-07-2005, 09:55
yeah of course after all the heartache they went through and they have to do it again if they find out they are blood related i hope they are i can't stand them.

hayzie
15-07-2005, 10:30
oh no! i hope that isnt true that would be disgusting then! but it might explain why he was so against them, but if it was true den would have told them ages ago, not now. this isnt true anyway, its cobblers! :D

Bryan
15-07-2005, 10:51
oh no! i hope that isnt true that would be disgusting then! but it might explain why he was so against them, but if it was true den would have told them ages ago, not now. this isnt true anyway, its cobblers! :D

yeah i know what ya mean, hed have used that as his argument a long time ago, there would have been noi point in him keeping it to himself, hed have nothing to gain from it. and he would have told sharon a long time ago so shed have gotten closer to him...he would have said it when she disowned him on the 20th anniversary episode

callummc
15-07-2005, 11:15
There was a rumour last year in one of the papers that den was sharons biological father and was going to tell her but that never happened,looking back in hindsight i think it would have made a better story than the ridiculas den-zoey storyline,but whats done is done and maybe ee are thinking of running that storyline now or it could just be another rumour

Bryan
15-07-2005, 11:37
There was a rumour last year in one of the papers that den was sharons biological father and was going to tell her but that never happened,looking back in hindsight i think it would have made a better story than the ridiculas den-zoey storyline,but whats done is done and maybe ee are thinking of running that storyline now or it could just be another rumour

if was in their minds it could eaisly be used at any point as you say...but i dont want it to happen as i know sharon would end her love with dennis becuase of it

callummc
15-07-2005, 12:08
I wouldn't normally agree cos i'm no shannis fan,can't stand it when sharon goes all googly eyed,i'd now like them to stay together and fight and snide just like den and angie,for me thats more entertaining than a 34 year old woman acting like a love sick teenager,but whatever plans ee have for the letter i hope they keep the content secret and keep us all guessing,cos then whatever it is should get peoples interest back and more veiwers

Crazzykayzz
15-07-2005, 16:41
Did Den really get da sack? Omg i didn't knwo that lol! but i really hope that dennis'll come back for sharon because they belong together...does anyone actually know if chrissie and sam are leaving ee?? can someone tell me please thank-you hehe...i also got told from a friend that zoe is coming back to ee! i dont no if my friend is joking about it, but is it true? does anyone know? is demi leaving ee and taking aleesha with leo? i do apologise that i know that some of this reply is nothing to do with wot you are all talking about but no one else will tell me!
did anyone know about lynn??? she left because she got the sack on ee, because she kept getting drunk with her mates, apparently, i read it in the paper i dont no how true it is, it was in the paper yesterday.
sorry about the slang i have done on here (some of it)

***sharon rules***
15-07-2005, 16:47
did den reali get da sack? omg i dint no dat lol! but i reali hope that dennis'll come back for sharon because they belong together...does anyone actually know if chrissie and sam are leaving ee?? can someone tell me please fankoo hehe...i also got told from a friend that zoe is coming back to ee! i dont no if my friend is joking about it, but is it true? does anyone no? is demi leaving ee and taking aleesha with leo? i do apologise that i know that some of this reply is nothing to do with wot you are all talking about but no one else will tell me!
did anyone no about lynn??? she left because she got the sack on ee, because she kept getting drunk with her mates, apparently, i read it in the paper i dont no how true it is, it was in the paper yesterday.
sorry about the slang i have done on here (some of it)
den got the sack.dennis just went to go and change the time on the ticket but sharon didnt know that.crissie and sam do leave the show this year.zoe dont come back.dont know the other quesion.

Mr Humphries
18-01-2006, 22:52
I cant see how this can be true but me and my new boyfriend was having dinner in The Ivy last night and over heard a conversation on a nearby table with whom was none other than Leslie Grantham's Agent ! He was telling someone (Who I think was his wife) that he was not sure how he was going to talk Leslie about a possible return to Eastenders. Although he said money talks and big money was on the table.

Not saying this is try campers, but it was what I heard :searchme:

alan45
18-01-2006, 22:53
Improbable as it may sound I would not be surprised

CrazyLea
18-01-2006, 22:58
that would be well silly if it did. i would definately stop watching. i doubt its gunna happen though.

Chris_2k11
Oh god surely not :eek:

Mr Humphries
I have always been a dirty den supporter, and would like him to have stayed but I even thought it was total stupidness when I heard it

Mr Humphries
18-01-2006, 23:01
it seemed very serious too me, my boyfriend was almost going to phone the sun's newsdesk

Richie_lecturer
18-01-2006, 23:01
Den returning? How ridic.....

...hang on, this is EastEnders. :rolleyes:

Meh
18-01-2006, 23:02
I cant see how this can be true but me and my new boyfriend was having dinner in The Ivy last night and over heard a conversation on a nearby table with whom was none other than Leslie Grantham's Agent ! He was telling someone (Who I think was his wife) that he was not sure how he was going to talk Leslie about a possible return to Eastenders. Although he said money talks and big money was on the table.

Were you high?

squillyfer
18-01-2006, 23:03
sounds very unlikely and silly to me

Chris_2k11
18-01-2006, 23:05
It's impossible though. He's dead and buried. It was definitely him this time. We saw the body being removed from the cellar. I really can't see this being true. Im not saying you are lying Mr Humphries... I just really don't see how this could happen :confused:

alan45
18-01-2006, 23:07
It's impossible though. He's dead and buried. It was definitely him this time. We saw the body being removed from the cellar. I really can't see this being true. Im not saying you are lying Mr Humphries... I just really don't see how this could happen :confused:

Anythings possible in EE fantasy land

Mr Humphries
18-01-2006, 23:07
Were you high?

How dare you be so Rude ! :angry:

I am only repeating what I heard and considering my boyfriend is a respected person in West Street and a regular at The Ivy and even shock hands with the agent, dont judge.

I wish I had kept it to myself now

sheilamarie
18-01-2006, 23:08
Anythings possible in EE fantasy landthats true

Chris_2k11
18-01-2006, 23:09
Anythings possible in EE fantasy landYeah but this really would be taking the biscuit! :rolleyes: lol

alan45
18-01-2006, 23:10

Im glad you posted :)

Richie_lecturer
18-01-2006, 23:11
Well EE have certainly taken a few custard creams in recent years Birks.

CrazyLea

I am only repeating what I heard and considering my boyfriend is a respected person in West Street and a regular at The Ivy and even shock hands with the agent, dont judge.

:lol: high
he was only joking probably lol :p
we aint saying that your lying (like chris said)
just that its rather doubtful that it would happen like. cause we did see the body and stuff.. unless he comes back as a ghost :searchme:

Meh

Only going by what your antics on the shout board last time. Maybe you were too drunk and suicidal to recall?

Mr Humphries
Why so everyone can have a laugh

Mr Humphries
18-01-2006, 23:15
Only going by what your antics on the shout board last time. Maybe you were too drunk and suicidal to recall?

You really are a nasty person arent you. People can have a bad time in life, you should not judge unless you know the full story.

Mind you hanging around a soapboard must make you feel like god!

alan45
Why so everyone can have a laugh

Not at you but at the daft people in EE land. If true it will mean EE will end up on C Beebies

Where it belongs

Chris_2k11
Well EE have certainly taken a few custard creams in recent years Birks. :lol:

alan45
18-01-2006, 23:17
You really are a nasty person arent you. People can have a bad time in life, you should not judge unless you know the full story.

Behave Mr H I would hate to see you :banned:

Meh
18-01-2006, 23:23

Any more compliments? I could probably dig up a few deleted posts of yours in the past where you have blantantly confessed to being drunk/getting mugged by some gay lover you just pulled etc.

Whcih all leads me the the conclusion that what you say has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Very witty insult - maybe i should respond with: you like hanging around soapboards cause you like picking up the soap?

What's the next label coming?

alan45
18-01-2006, 23:27
you like hanging around soapboards cause you like picking up the soap?

Your put-downs crease me up. :rotfl: Remind me never to insult you :nono:

Meh
18-01-2006, 23:41
Your put-downs crease me up. :rotfl: Remind me never to insult you :nono:

Nah, he does sensible posts the majority of the time so I'm not going to ban him. Its just that he can have his 'moments' shall we say that has caused grief and stress to some members as to his well being.

alan45
18-01-2006, 23:47
Its just that he can have his 'moments' shall we say that has caused grief and stress to some members as to his well being.

Haven't we all :)

Meh
18-01-2006, 23:49
Anyway, to get back on track, Dennis coming back is Eastenders doing a Dallas with Bobby and shooting itself in the foot.

di marco
19-01-2006, 08:06
unless he comes back as a ghost :searchme:

thats what i thought as well, that would be the only explanation really

the_watts_rule
19-01-2006, 08:20
The only way this could possibly happen is if he came back as a ghost as crazylea and dimarco said or EE ae jsut being plain daft.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
19-01-2006, 08:28
Thanks for posting Mr H :D I hope this dosen't happen though!!

19-01-2006, 08:30
But if he does come back as ghost well then it's like making it really unreal like how Leo had a dream thing and we saw it!!

JustJodi
19-01-2006, 08:35

Here we go again :rolleyes:

the_watts_rule
19-01-2006, 08:41
But if he does come back as ghost well then it's like making it really unreal like how Leo had a dream thing and we saw it!!

Maybe Sharon dreams it or something.

JustJodi
19-01-2006, 08:47
Hmm has there ever been a dream scene or a ghost haunting in ANY of EE's episodes.....:searchme: :searchme: Not gonna say that EE won't pull something out like that but its so unlikely,, however in reality,, people do dream of DEAD people.. :ninja:

Siobhan
19-01-2006, 10:15
sorry but I really can't see this happening, EE would lose all credibility and it would lose too many people... Den is dead and buried and should be left that way.

I could see a spin off or a flashback, like they did with nana moon to her past, maybe they would use him then but not back in EE for good

JustJodi
19-01-2006, 10:18
I totally agree...this thing( Dens so called return) has been beaten to death ( no pun intended):p I just do not see why people can not accept the fact that Stinky Den is DEAD and BURIED ( too bad they didn't cremate the darn corpse to make sure he stays DEAD ):rotfl:

chimmers
19-01-2006, 14:32
The law took a DNA sample from Dennis to confirm that the corpse was Den, the law confirmed it and there is no way Den can come back as a living breathing character.

Unless they do a spin off about what Den got up to inbetween the times of when he first "died" until he came back. That would be good, on the Costa Del Crime with Chrissie set in the late eighties

alan45
19-01-2006, 15:09
The law took a DNA sample from Dennis to confirm that the corpse was Den, the law confirmed it and there is no way Den can come back as a living breathing character.

They brought him back before after his identity was confirmed following his assasination by a bunch of daffodils. The EE producers are capable of anything in order to try and win back viewers. The return of the Beetroot is a prime example.

If they are dat enough to bring Webcam man back again as an insult to viewers intelligence then they may as well move EE to its rightful place on CBBC :rolleyes:

myra129
19-01-2006, 15:14
Well said Alan, EE must truly believe we have the intelligence of 5 year olds if they go ahead with this.

Kim
19-01-2006, 16:51
I would think it's true as it was Leslie Grantham's agent, only I don't see how it is possible to bring him back though. I wan't to see his reaction to Sharon being pregnant by Dennis though.

Layne
19-01-2006, 17:59
sorry but I really can't see this happening, EE would lose all credibility and it would lose too many people... Den is dead and buried and should be left that way.

I could see a spin off or a flashback, like they did with nana moon to her past, maybe they would use him then but not back in EE for good

Yeh i agree siobhan! Thanks for posting though! :) xxx

Jada-GDR
19-01-2006, 18:49

god i would stop watching it!!! eastenders would be so stupid

Debs
19-01-2006, 19:05

omg i seriously will stop watching EE if he come s back!

alan45
19-01-2006, 19:05
god i would stop watching it!!! eastenders would be so stupid

Yes imagine any soap being foolish enough to bring someone back from the dead ..................

oops its EE we are talking about here :rotfl:

19-01-2006, 20:38
:lol:!!!

callummc
20-01-2006, 14:00
well mr humphries i for one hope it does happen,the papers did say last year that he was supposed to come back has a ghost,but if i wrote the script i'd write it like this,we only had dennis's mothers word for it den was his dad,if she'd had a one night stand with den shes capable of more 1 nighters,den had been digging into the past to see if he was really the dad,the man who was turned up looking to see what den wanted,fell down the hole next to den,waking him up,concussed and in shock den crawled out of hole crawled away,was picked up by ambulance in coma,polices dna proves it was little dens dad,den wakes up out of 2 year coma wanting his pub back

Kim
20-01-2006, 16:11
Yeah, there was something about the ghost thing in the Sun.

littlemo
20-01-2006, 16:39
I would think it's true as it was Leslie Grantham's agent, only I don't see how it is possible to bring him back though. I wan't to see his reaction to Sharon being pregnant by Dennis though.

I would have liked to have seen that as well.

Infact they have brought a ghost back before. I don't think he was actually a ghost it was just in Dot's imagination, Charlie Cotton. Actually I think it might have been Nick seeing him, when he was on drugs. I think it could be done. Maybe it's a day dream Sharon has.

I did read on Digital Spy that the character of Kate is supposed to be back on screens, and they are going to do a special episode for 21st Anniversary. I don't know if this is true. But I suppose it might be like Children In Need where everybody takes part. Leslie Grantham could be involved with that, maybe Nigel Harman would be asked as well, that would be great!

Chris_2k11
20-01-2006, 16:44
Yeah, there was something about the ghost thing in the Sun.What did it say?? :searchme:

Richie_lecturer
20-01-2006, 17:03
What did it say?? :searchme:
"Boo!"

Richie_lecturer
20-01-2006, 17:09

I did read on Digital Spy that the character of Kate is supposed to be back on screens, and they are going to do a special episode for 21st Anniversary.

Oh I do hope so. She was a great character, sadly made redundant by Berridge. What a waste.

JustJodi
20-01-2006, 17:10
Excuse me every body,, I love all this banter and stuff when some one comes in with a rumor,, but golly gosh darn gee do u guys actually think the guy was REALLY LESLIE GRANTHAM's agent:searchme: :searchme: Do we have actual proof he was the real mccoy ??:searchme:

Face it folks Den is Dead Dennis is Dead !!!!!!!!!!!!

Richie_lecturer
20-01-2006, 17:11
Perhaps by agent Mr Humphries meant some kind of skin agent for Leslie's face, to stop it looking so haggered. :searchme:

JustJodi
20-01-2006, 17:19
Perhaps by agent Mr Humphries meant some kind of skin agent for Leslie's face, to stop it looking so haggered. :searchme:

You know richie,, nothing surprises me any more:rotfl:

JustJodi
20-01-2006, 17:20
Oh I do hope so. She was a great character, sadly made redundant by Berridge. What a waste.

Ok I bite what or where is Berridge?? This dumb Yank has to ask :searchme: :lol:

Richie_lecturer
20-01-2006, 17:24
I meant Louise Berridge, Exec Producer of EE from late 2002-late 2004. She's the one that helped 'wreck' EE, bringing us such storylines as 'Jack the War Hero', Cardboard Funfair, Den Mark II, Shannis, Andy the Pantomine Gangster, Real Walford,.....need I go on? :rolleyes:

JustJodi
20-01-2006, 17:41
I meant Louise Berridge, Exec Producer of EE from late 2002-late 2004. She's the one that helped 'wreck' EE, bringing us such storylines as 'Jack the War Hero', Cardboard Funfair, Den Mark II, Shannis, Andy the Pantomine Gangster, Real Walford,.....need I go on? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the Berridge lesson Richie,, like Dr Evil said I NEED THE INFO:rotfl: Thanks :D

callummc
21-01-2006, 01:31
yes LB made some mistakes,,she brought alfie moon,but shes resposible for shane rirchies head expanding,she brought back den for me and my family the best thing she ever did,she gave us little dennis but was then stupid enough to think anyone over 16 was enjoying shannis,i think she had a lot of bad look with cast members falling ill and getting pregnant,and a lot of suspenstions,in my opinion veiwers should have been put first instead of ruining scripts the cast resposible should have been made to work their suspension but not paid,that would have taught them a lesson,for me LB brought good and bad,kh.nearly destroyed it and i'm afraid to say for me its still not that good theres sparks of excellent episodes mixed with utter rubbish that LB would have been slagged for yet for some reason people are accepting now,probably cos we are now used to drivel we just accept it.ie ruby and juley, johnnys mood swings-is he on the change,rosie whinging all the time,EE once again becoming the mitchell show,mixed with bad scripts and bad acting

alan45
21-01-2006, 01:50
yes LB made some mistakes,,she brought alfie moon
Which started off as a brilliant idea

,she brought back den for me and my family the best thing she ever did
In my opinion this was her biggest mistake. The man was DEAD!!!!! :rolleyes:

,she gave us little dennis but was then stupid enough to think anyone over 16 was enjoying shannis
Another disaster

now,probably cos we are now used to drivel we just accept it.ie ruby and juley, johnnys mood swings-is he on the change,rosie whinging all the time,EE once again becoming the mitchell show,mixed with bad scripts and bad acting The Magnificent Mitchells are so overated :angry: In short she ruined EE

callummc
21-01-2006, 01:57
EE was no worse then than it is now she gave us good episodes and bad and the new crew are no better

alan45
21-01-2006, 01:59
EE was no worse then than it is now she gave us good episodes and bad and the new crew are no better

The new crew are worse

callummc
21-01-2006, 02:06
I agree with you on that one,and wonder if LB was given another year and weathered the storm if she could have done better,i think she could,well she couldnt have done worse if she'd tried and tonights episode was absolute rubbish i wish rosie would run of cos she does my head in

big bro fan
21-01-2006, 20:27
How can Den possibly come back i mean the guy was buried how can you survive that.

Kim
21-01-2006, 20:32
Through some pathetic reason thought of by EE that is impossible!

alan45
21-01-2006, 20:36
How can Den possibly come back i mean the guy was buried how can you survive that.They did it once :rolleyes:

Kim
21-01-2006, 21:03
He wasn't actually buried then though.

Richie_lecturer
21-01-2006, 21:05
Yes he was, well at least they thought he was.

alan45
21-01-2006, 21:06
He wasn't actually buried then though.

He was :) identified a post mortem carried out and his body burried :rolleyes:

littlemo
21-01-2006, 22:30
He was :) identified a post mortem carried out and his body burried :rolleyes:

That was a mistake by the police. Needed to tie up loose ends. The body couldn't be identified properly, because it had been in the water for a year, it had wasted away.

If Leslie Grantham is to comeback, I don't think it's anything to do with a storyline bringing him back from the dead. Either it's something he's doing for the BBC, an Eastenders Revealed kind of programme or Comic Relief (which is usually in February), or he's coming back in a dream or ghost sequence. The ghost thing seems extremely unlikely, I don't think any actor worth his salt would do something like that. Having 2 lives is bad enough, but coming back as ghost as well is pretty ridiculous.

Chloe O'brien
21-01-2006, 22:33
maybe they will do a dallas like when bobby died it turned out to be a horrible dream.

alan45
21-01-2006, 22:37
That was a mistake by the police. Needed to tie up loose ends. The body couldn't be identified properly, because it had been in the water for a year, it had wasted away.

Sorry to burst your bubble but under English law the body could not have been disposed of until it was positively identified // Den was dead 14 years ago :)

alan45
21-01-2006, 22:43
duplicate post

littlemo
21-01-2006, 22:55
Sorry to burst your bubble but under English law the body could not have been disposed of until it was positively identified // Den was dead 14 years ago :)

What Dennis said was that the body was identified, but they were only able to confirm the sex, weight and height, everything else was inconclusive. I assume it was just the pathologists and police that saw him. I was saying that it was difficult to identify the body 'properly' because it had spent so much time in the water. And Sharon said that the police told her he wasn't in a fit state to be seen, so no relative did look at him.

Cornishbabe
21-01-2006, 22:59
he could come back as a ghost

alan45
22-01-2006, 11:44
What Dennis said was that the body was identified, but they were only able to confirm the sex, weight and height, everything else was inconclusive. I assume it was just the pathologists and police that saw him. I was saying that it was difficult to identify the body 'properly' because it had spent so much time in the water. And Sharon said that the police told her he wasn't in a fit state to be seen, so no relative did look at him.

There is the slight matter of DNA evidence along with forensic pathlogy. :wall: It was the scriptwriters :rolleyes: who made the mistake by killing him off and then fourteen years later bringing him back with a daft excuse and hoping most folk wouldnt remember

xStephaniex
22-01-2006, 18:03
they cant kill den once and bring hmi back, then kill him again and bring him back !! thats just unlucky lol - unless they brought him back as a ghost !! do a fenner lol :p but that gave me nightmares :(

Kim
22-01-2006, 18:35
What's a Fenner? lol.

di marco
22-01-2006, 19:33
What's a Fenner? lol.

from bad girls i think?

callummc
23-01-2006, 11:54
the ghost scenario would be good if he wasn't there all the time just everytime sharon said i wish my dad was here you wouldn't dare treat me like this,bang-hello princess,who ever was there ran screaming and sharon denied it,off to the nuthouse with the culprit

di marco
23-01-2006, 11:58
the ghost scenario would be good if he wasn't there all the time just everytime sharon said i wish my dad was here you wouldn't dare treat me like this,bang-hello princess,who ever was there ran screaming and sharon denied it,off to the nuthouse with the culprit

no if they were to bring him back as a ghost, it would have to be as someones imagination, like it couldnt be that everyone could see him, or maybe he appears in someones dream or something, the more i think about it, the more stupid it sounds!

JustJodi
23-01-2006, 12:18
This whole thread is NUTS !!!! Den is dead and they can not afford to hire Leslie to come back as a GHOST...and they can not use something else with out paying the star for his "speaking role" if he utters HELLO PRINCESS..its gonna cost Elstree,, sooooo I HONESTLY doubt it,,,royalties are what keep some has been stars afloat...

tammyy2j
23-01-2006, 13:51
He's dead and this time leave him dead.

If EE want to bring anyone back from the dead bring back Dennis.

JustJodi
23-01-2006, 13:52

Like father like son eh :searchme: :lol:

alan45
23-01-2006, 14:56

:rolleyes: Oh Lord NO!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: The wooden Mr Harman must stay buried :sick:

dddMac1
23-01-2006, 15:14
i can't see that hapening but Leslie is a good actor

JustJodi
23-01-2006, 15:21
I agree Leslie is a pretty good actor ( I have seen him in other roles besides Stinky Den) but please folks let him and his son stay dead for the sake of the viewing audience:rotfl:

di marco
23-01-2006, 20:23

i dont think they should bring back dennis either, i liked him but people should remain dead once theyve been killed!

Chris_2k11
23-01-2006, 21:08
i dont think they should bring back dennis either, i liked him but people should remain dead once theyve been killed!I agree! This isn't Dallas! :rolleyes:

alan45
23-01-2006, 21:26
I agree! This isn't Dallas! :rolleyes:

Its not even close :rotfl:

Richie_lecturer
23-01-2006, 21:28
It's an environmentally friendly version of Dallas, i.e. without the oil.

xcutiekatiex
24-03-2006, 19:29
this seems very much untrue he is dead we all saw him be buried!!!

crazygirl
24-03-2006, 19:37
well it must be true if you have heard it! but i think its a silly idea but nothing surprises me in eastenders

Safia.bradford@
22-04-2006, 15:49
Yeah It is impossible to bring Den back now. The only possible way Den could return and this would be very far fetched would be Den escaping from the cellar shortly after Chrissie buried him and replacing the cellar with another body and dressing it in his clothes etc and fleeing for Spain. I know it is over the top :D

Richie_lecturer
22-04-2006, 16:24
But of course, this is EastEnders....

Dutchgirl
22-04-2006, 16:34
But of course, this is EastEnders....
Well said, the imagination of the scriptwriters is an endless pitt,:rotfl:. And of course in soapland anything goes.......

alan45
22-04-2006, 18:24
Yeah It is impossible to bring Den back now. The only possible way Den could return and this would be very far fetched would be Den escaping from the cellar shortly after Chrissie buried him and replacing the cellar with another body and dressing it in his clothes etc and fleeing for Spain. I know it is over the top :D

Dont you go giving those fools in Elstree any more daft ideas please :p

Richie_lecturer
22-04-2006, 18:40
Well said, the imagination of the scriptwriters is an endless pitt,:rotfl:. And of course in soapland anything goes.......

Yes their ideas are as flat as the Benelux region. :rolleyes:

Dutchgirl
22-04-2006, 18:41
Yes their ideas are as flat as the Benelux region. :rolleyes:
Should I be offended?:hmm: They have some high hills in the Ardennes.

Jada-GDR
22-04-2006, 18:44
i'd like den to return, he was one of the good actors that ee seems to be killing off so often now :p

Richie_lecturer
22-04-2006, 18:49
Should I be offended?:hmm: They have some high hills in the Ardennes.

Well, in that case, most of Holland then, not all. :p

Dutchgirl
22-04-2006, 19:25
Ok, hahaha Holland is flat anyway.

Richie_lecturer
23-04-2006, 00:03
Nothing flat about Leslie's though. *Cough* :sick:

Moving on... :o

DaVeyWaVey
23-04-2006, 11:49
There is no way he could return...he is dead and buried. If he did return, i would stop watching.

Richie_lecturer
23-04-2006, 15:32
He was dead and buried before though and still returned, yet you still watched it. :hmm: :cool:

Safia.bradford@
23-04-2006, 18:01
if Leslie Grantham wanted to come back which he won't not even in a million years it could still be possible. We never saw Den getting buried remember so Den could have easily escaped from the hole in the cellar while Chrissie wasn't there. He could have survived the blows to his head surely. He survived the first one remember by Zoe. He could be spain again for all we know laughing to himself that he has cheated death again and Chrissie is rotting away in prison

alan45
23-04-2006, 18:03
if Leslie Grantham wanted to come back which he won't not even in a million years it could still be possible. We never saw Den getting buried remember so Den could have easily escaped from the hole in the cellar while Chrissie wasn't there. He could have survived the blows to his head surely. He survived the first one remember by Zoe. He could be spain again for all we know laughing to himself that he has cheated death again and Chrissie is rotting away in prisonOH NO you are again giving the twits at Elstree more ideas about bringing the wrinkly webcam man back :sick:

Safia.bradford@
23-04-2006, 18:07
How do we know that the producers and writers are reading this thread anyway? My idea would actually be pretty plausible for Den's return but like I said Leslie wouldn't come back anyway.

alan45
23-04-2006, 18:18
How do we know that the producers and writers are reading this thread anyway? My idea would actually be pretty plausible for Den's return but like I said Leslie wouldn't come back anyway.

God knows where the producers and writers get their ideas for their increasingly ridiculous storylines

DaVeyWaVey
23-04-2006, 20:31
if Leslie Grantham wanted to come back which he won't not even in a million years it could still be possible. We never saw Den getting buried remember so Den could have easily escaped from the hole in the cellar while Chrissie wasn't there. He could have survived the blows to his head surely. He survived the first one remember by Zoe. He could be spain again for all we know laughing to himself that he has cheated death again and Chrissie is rotting away in prison

Yeah but how do you explain Sam digging him up and the police taking him away in a coffin and there being a funeral for him???? :)

alan45
23-04-2006, 20:35
Yeah but how do you explain Sam digging him up and the police taking him away in a coffin and there being a funeral for him???? :)It wasnt him it was a brother of the man who was shot by the bunch of daffodils on the Walford Canal :)

Safia.bradford@
23-04-2006, 20:54
Yeah but how do you explain Sam digging him up and the police taking him away in a coffin and there being a funeral for him???? :)

You could say that the body Sam dug up was a fake one that Den had replaced in the hole the night he escaped. He found the body in the cemetry in his original grave and put it in the hole. :D

Kim
23-04-2006, 21:15
You could say that the body Sam dug up was a fake one that Den had replaced in the hole the night he escaped. He found the body in the cemetry in his original grave and put it in the hole. :D

That would be a bit too convinient.

lizann
12-06-2018, 00:23
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/6504387/eastenders-legend-leslie-grantham-fighting-for-life/

Leslie Grantham fighting for his life

Perdita
15-06-2018, 13:29
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/6504387/eastenders-legend-leslie-grantham-fighting-for-life/

Leslie Grantham fighting for his life

He has died .. RIP Leslie :(