PDA

View Full Version : Anyone agree with me?

chamone256
24-03-2005, 18:16
all the eastenders characters need more depth. when i mean depth i mean some characters come out of now where and made a name for themselves with little known about their family background
:searchme:

Alisha
24-03-2005, 18:25
all the eastenders characters need more depth. when i mean depth i mean some characters come out of now where and made a name for themselves with little known about their family background
:searchme:

Yes! I agree :)

What I like is characters with depth and that being portrayed through the storylines and thier characteristics.

Dennis has developed quite a bit since he came but I do think he is still undeveloped. I feel it would be really intresting for ee to dig deeper into the child abuse he suffered when he was younger. The storyline has alot of potential. Sexual abuse amongs boys is not out of the norm. So far eastenders has portrayed many female victims but I think they should cover males too as they are equally victimised. I would have loved to see Danny and Jake developed but unfortunately we won't get the chance. :(

Johnny also has depth and so does his daughter Ruby. There are some issues there that need enravelling. Chrissie -another great character should be developed some more. We know that she has some brothers so maybe we could see them in the future and learn more. Chrissie strickes me as the sort of person who has more than her fair share of skeletons in her closet.

chamone256
24-03-2005, 18:28
I agree. Mickey has a sister called Dawn and we know nothing about her. :hmm:

callummc
25-03-2005, 01:08
I agree also but what gets me is Dawn never even phones,not even at christmas,and they never really talk about her,it's like out of sight out of mind.

Siobhan
25-03-2005, 12:53
I agree also but what gets me is Dawn never even phones,not even at christmas,and they never really talk about her,it's like out of sight out of mind.

Was kinda the same with Clare and Diana Butcher... they had very little to do with the family too.. it was a place to send Janine when she was misbehaving...

There is a lot of potential with the characters in EE... and it should be developed

Cuppa_Char
25-03-2005, 15:58
Yes! I agree :)

What I like is characters with depth and that being portrayed through the storylines and thier characteristics.

Dennis has developed quite a bit since he came but I do think he is still undeveloped. I feel it would be really intresting for ee to dig deeper into the child abuse he suffered when he was younger. The storyline has alot of potential. Sexual abuse amongs boys is not out of the norm. So far eastenders has portrayed many female victims but I think they should cover males too as they are equally victimised. I would have loved to see Danny and Jake developed but unfortunately we won't get the chance. :(

You've taken the words right out of my mouth - I was really intrigued by the glimpses/comments made about Dennis's past, and then as soon as it's mentioned, it becomes another Shannis-bed-hopping marathon. Pfft!

I would also like to know more about the Moon brothers, especially Danny - some of the comments made by Johnny and Danny's reaction to them, plus the way Jake is so protective, has got me wondering about his childhhod/past.

Siobhan
25-03-2005, 16:09
Think it is just a brother thing.. see how protect Alfie is of Spencer

Cuppa_Char
25-03-2005, 16:12
Oh Yeah I get the brother thing - but I feel that there is something more. It's just this gut feeling.

Siobhan
25-03-2005, 16:53
well we may never know as they are been axed