PDA

View Full Version : Eastenders- new time slot?

Ella.
24-03-2005, 16:45
Eastenders may have a new time slot according to new controller of BBC Peter Fincham, although it is not clear yet what time the soap will be moved to.

The article is on the ThisisLondon website.

Sorry if this has already been posted, I did have a look but couldnt find any other threads.

*JSW*
24-03-2005, 16:50
Time slot changes are not needed. its a reduction in the number of episdodes that is needed to get EE up to a better standard...

Siobhan
24-03-2005, 17:10
Time slot changes are not needed. its a reduction in the number of episdodes that is needed to get EE up to a better standard...

Totally agree with this..
Can only assume they are change time so they never clash with Emmerdale again

Debs
24-03-2005, 17:33
yeah but what time could they put it on?? it would clash with emmerdale or corrie!!

think it should godown to just two or three nights a week again maybe then we will get better storylines

*JSW*
24-03-2005, 18:47
Putting it on at the same time as Emmerdale- Ok but would still loose viewers. Coronation Street- suicide. 8-8.30pm too late. I don't see where it can go tbh :confused:

Debs
24-03-2005, 19:17
it just wouldnt be good putting it on at thesame time as these soaps. the only good thing is i can watch at tenon bbc3 but what about the peeps who dont have digital??? soppose it could be put on at 8pm every night.

callummc
25-03-2005, 01:05
Maybe with a bit of luck they'l put it on after the watershed which would give them a bit more scope for juicier storylines,that'd maybe improve things as long as they don't turn it into another footballers wives.

Siobhan
25-03-2005, 12:55
It could be on at 8pm on Tue and Thursday.. the 7.30 time slot on these days clash with Emmerdale

dddMac1
25-03-2005, 13:58
i think they should try only showing two episodes a week should give the script writers more time to plan storylines get it back on track and puting it on at 8pm would be good instead of 7.30 therefore it does not clash with other soaps

Siobhan
25-03-2005, 14:14
i think they should try only showing two episodes a week should give the script writers more time to plan storylines get it back on track and puting it on at 8pm would be good instead of 7.30 therefore it does not clash with other soaps

excellent.. go back to tuesday and thursdays.. reduce the time, increase the plots..:)

Debs
25-03-2005, 18:15
yeah definately cut the episodes down a bit! eastenders was so much better then. and i always think it is better on at eight.

Jibbi
26-03-2005, 04:21

No because BBC have timetables. I think this thread is a rumour mill. Firstly, tuesdays will not be increased because of Holby City and I will STOP watching Eastenders if they made it 8 on thursday...The Bill is on at that time :love: