PDA

View Full Version : Kacey Ainsworth speculates over 'Housewives' role

Emmak2005
05-07-2005, 17:21
EastEnders star Kacey Ainsworth has prodded the rumour mill into action again over her possible role in Desperate Housewives.

Back in May, it was reported that the actress had landed (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds21119.html) herself a part as a new nanny in the hit American drama. Despite these claims, her agent categorically denied (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds21212.html) that she had been approached by show producers.

Talking of her supposed suburban role, Kacey told Inside Soap: "Well, you know, these things have a funny way of getting out! That's all I can say on it really, we'll just have to wait and see."

http://images.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/eastenders/160x120_eastenders_kaceyainsworth_littlemo01.jpgKa cey Ainsworth (Little Mo Mitchell) - just how desperate is she for a role?

Treacle
05-07-2005, 17:24
Oh, I hope she does.

Carrie Bradshaw
05-07-2005, 17:39
Yeh, it would be nice to see her in another role besides Little Mo.

Jessie Wallace
05-07-2005, 18:21
That would be really funny, if she did get a part in Desperate Housewives. Hope she still stay's in Eastenders tho, and just does a cameo in Desperate Housewives.

Bryan
05-07-2005, 18:22
yeah but wed have to loose her for a few months...saying that she could come back molfie free

bondboffin

Jessie Wallace
05-07-2005, 18:24
Prohaps she will leave when shane Richie does, and they leave together to stat a new life with there baby!
But in real life Kasey will be doing a stint in Desperate Housewives.
Oh well just a thought!

CrazyLea
05-07-2005, 18:28
i like your thought.. probubly wont happen... but i like it lol

Jessie Wallace
05-07-2005, 18:29
Thanx, i thought it was a great storyline!!

Bryan
05-07-2005, 18:39
Thanx, i thought it was a great storyline!!

molfie would live on!!! but why would she come back without alfie is he wa sthe only reason she went and why would she go with someone who had dumped her for kat?

she'll probably leave after not being able to cope with all the slaters bithcing about her, and she leaves and comes back with a 3 month old baby

bondboffin

Jessie Wallace
05-07-2005, 19:29
molfie would live on!!! but why would she come back without alfie is he wa sthe only reason she went and why would she go with someone who had dumped her for kat?

she'll probably leave after not being able to cope with all the slaters bithcing about her, and she leaves and comes back with a 3 month old baby

bondboffin

Prohaps Molfie decide they are meant to be together and then leave together. And she comes back when it doesn't work out and wants to make thing up with Kat.

Bryan
05-07-2005, 20:10
anyways we dont know 1) if she is going to go to DH and 2) if she'll leave at xmas or 3) if she'll rteurn ifd she leaves

so lets just wait and see :)

bondboffin

Jessie Wallace
05-07-2005, 20:12
anyways we dont know 1) if she is going to go to DH and 2) if she'll leave at xmas or 3) if she'll rteurn ifd she leaves

so lets just wait and see :)

bondboffin

I know, i'm just making up a story line for Eastenders.

di marco
05-07-2005, 20:21
Prohaps Molfie decide they are meant to be together and then leave together. And she comes back when it doesn't work out and wants to make thing up with Kat.

maybe she could get back with billy a bit before she sleeps with alfie, then she could leave with alfie thinking the babys his then find out its billys

Jessie Wallace
05-07-2005, 20:25
maybe she could get back with billy a bit before she sleeps with alfie, then she could leave with alfie thinking the babys his then find out its billys

I just wish Mo and Billy would get back together and then Kat and Alfie can get back together and then we can all be happy again.

Bryan
05-07-2005, 20:26
i hope kat sleeps with billy to get payback on little mo!!!

bondboffin

di marco
05-07-2005, 20:26
I just wish Mo and Billy would get back together and then Kat and Alfie can get back together and then we can all be happy again.

i want that to happen too, billy and little mo and kat and alfie but only if alfie goes back to how he was before

Jessie Wallace
05-07-2005, 20:30
yep, but he'll only do that if he's back behind the bar the the queen vic. But i like Chrissie there too so i'm not sure at the moment.

di marco
05-07-2005, 20:30

i really cant see kat and billy sleeping together!

Jessie Wallace
05-07-2005, 20:31

bondboffin

The thought of that makes me feel sick, yuck.

di marco
05-07-2005, 20:31
yep, but he'll only do that if he's back behind the bar the the queen vic. But i like Chrissie there too so i'm not sure at the moment.

maybe he could work in scarlett lol! or when jake moves in with chrissie then he could get alfie his job back and him and chrissie could work behind the bar together

Bryan
05-07-2005, 20:33
maybe he could work in scarlett lol! or when jake moves in with chrissie then he could get alfie his job back and him and chrissie could work behind the bar together

i thought i read a long time ago that jonny gave alfire a job there as manager....obviosuly i didnt happen but that would have been good as jonny and alfie kinda get along

bondboffin

Jessie Wallace
05-07-2005, 20:34

I almost like that one, but Kat's gotta be behind the bar with them to make it almost right.

Bryan
05-07-2005, 20:35
I almost like that one, but Kat's gotta be behind the bar with them to make it almost right.

kat and chrissie behind the same bar??? that ent gonna happen!!!!

bondboffin

di marco
05-07-2005, 20:37

kat and chrissie working behind the bar together lol! and jake and alfie would just be standing there not really knowing what to do!

Jessie Wallace
05-07-2005, 20:37

bondboffin

Well it's gonna have to be Chrissie out on the stall then, with Kat and Alfie back there they belong.

Bryan
05-07-2005, 20:38
kat and chrissie working behind the bar together lol! and jake and alfie would just be standing there not really knowing what to do!

so youd have little mo and aflei and kat friction

chrissie and kat friction

and chrissie and jake passion

god imagine all the drama to come from them 4 working behind the bar

bondboffin

Jessie Wallace
05-07-2005, 20:40

bondboffin

Well it would be cheaper for the Eastenders boss's they wouldn't need any other characters, with all of them in one room, you could get atleast a weeks viewing from that!!

di marco
05-07-2005, 20:47

bondboffin

id get rid of little mo from behind the bar

Treacle
06-07-2005, 01:24
It would depend how long she needed off. If she was only doing a short cameo then she wouldn't need to leave EastEnders.

Bryan
06-07-2005, 11:15
It would depend how long she needed off. If she was only doing a short cameo then she wouldn't need to leave EastEnders.

i heard 3 episodes...so maybe just a 2 week break...to saty with lynne or belinda or zoe when kat and the slater's bithcness and unpleasnat gets too much for her

i hope kacey's cameo dosnet mean that loadsa american shows want to sign her up as that would then be the end of little mo :mad:

bondboffin

Treacle
06-07-2005, 11:17
I doubt it will, she's hardly American actress material.

Bryan
06-07-2005, 11:21

who knows...? rickey gervais and hugh laurie have made it big over there

bondboffin

Jojo
06-07-2005, 15:29
Interview in Inside Soap with Kacey Ainsworth -

some reports suggest that she's set to join the cast of US drama Desperate Housewives as an English nanny. Despite initial denials, Kacey hints that it may not be an entirely fictional story...."Well, you know, these things have a funny way of getting out! Thats all I can say on it really," she carefully ponders, before adding in a serious tone, "We'll just have to wait and see....I love Desperate Housewives though" continues the 35 year old actress "The biggest fan on set is Laila Morse (Big Mo). She's love it if I was on the show because she could go over to LA and visit me and her brother (Hollywood actor Gary Oldman) at the same time!"

Make of it as you will!!

kckinsmcg
06-07-2005, 15:51

I am curious what Brits think is "American actress material?" Do you think our TV actors here are "better or worse" (for lack of a better choice of words) than yours? Personally, I think there are much better actors on British televsion as a rule than over here. It seems here anyone who has ever been on the tube considers themselves a star. Regardless of talent and they could not make the transition to British television. I mean, "Everybody Loves Raymond?" I sure don't. Can't stand him.

Honestly, I watch more Brit shows faithfully than American, the humor is different and the subject matter usually a little closer to the bone so to speak.

Kacey certainly is not...Meryl Streep or Hilary Swank, but I think she might be good on Desperate Housewives. I've never seen more than a few minutes of it, but that might make me tune in.

Anyway, curious who everyone thinks would or could do well frome EE over here. Keep in mind, there is a large audience for EE, but it is satellite subscribers only these days. So even though there are a lot of us most EE actors would be relatively unkown here. Almost all EE people would be breaking in so to speak and that is always cool to watch and see who takes off and who does not.

Jessie Wallace
07-07-2005, 20:25
Well as long as she comes back to us again, good luck to her.

willow
07-07-2005, 20:27
it will be very interseting if she does join, as we are so used to seeing her as lil mo in ee, when you are in soaps it is hard not to be type cast, only a few have got away with it

Jessie Wallace
07-07-2005, 20:29
it will be very interseting if she does join, as we are so used to seeing her as lil mo in ee, when you are in soaps it is hard not to be type cast, only a few have got away with it

And to see what the american would think of her.
I've seen interviews and stuff with her and she is so so different, her posture and the way she talks, well basically everything.

willow
07-07-2005, 20:34
hopefully she will be able to do it,
its the only problem with being a soap actor!!hopefully the american public will think she is great!!
that is if she does get a role in dh!!!!

Jessie Wallace
07-07-2005, 20:38
She could pull it of if she did get a part. i just want her to come back to Eastenders if she does.

willow
07-07-2005, 20:41
i am sure she would come back, she will probably go and visit her sister for a while whilst she is filming dh

Jessie Wallace
07-07-2005, 21:07
Yep, i would think so, someone else sugested that storyline earlier.

willow
07-07-2005, 21:10
sorry did not read all the posts!!

its how they usually give them time off!!

i hope she gets it!!

Jessie Wallace
07-07-2005, 21:15
Thats how all soap gives the cast time off, they pack them off to see some relative usually one that you've never heard off!

Bryan
08-07-2005, 09:03
Thats how all soap gives the cast time off, they pack them off to see some relative usually one that you've never heard off!

in the slaters case we have...as its either lynne or belinda usually

bondboffin

Jessie Wallace
08-07-2005, 23:12
in the slaters case we have...as its either lynne or belinda usually

bondboffin

They can use Zoe as one as well now.

Bryan
09-07-2005, 08:48
They can use Zoe as one as well now.

true, but its more convinet to travel across london than the contenant

is lynne living with belinda now???

Tamzi
09-07-2005, 12:32
I don't think she is
xxx

di marco
09-07-2005, 12:38
I don't think she is

no i dont think she is either

willow
09-07-2005, 12:42
wonder where she is??

Jessie Wallace
11-07-2005, 13:38
I thought she went to stay with her when she left.

di marco
11-07-2005, 16:31
I thought she went to stay with her when she left.

maybe she did then?

Jessie Wallace
11-07-2005, 16:38
Not sure i could be wrong, that's just what i thought happened.

myra129
13-07-2005, 16:20
According to Ann Montini on Sky News the rumour of kasey joining DH is just a inside joke between her and Shane Richie. DH publicity staff are getting cheesed off with people asking when shes going to be joining, they've never even heard of her! Bit sad, was looking forward to seeing her in it, oh well.

Carrie Bradshaw
13-07-2005, 19:22
According to Ann Montini on Sky News the rumour of kasey joining DH is just a inside joke between her and Shane Richie. DH publicity staff are getting cheesed off with people asking when shes going to be joining, they've never even heard of her! Bit sad, was looking forward to seeing her in it, oh well.
:rotfl: I think thats quite funny - it must be really easy to wind up the press like that! :lol:

Jessie Wallace
13-07-2005, 23:45
That's great, the celeb's getting one back on the press!