PDA

View Full Version : Katy's exit not yet confirmed

tina_freeze89
22-03-2005, 13:40
According to the Daily Star (I know it's not 100% reliable) actress Lucy-Jo Hudson has said that she is still not sure how Katy Harris is to leave. So far she has learned of 5 different endings planned but no decision has yet been reached.

Could 5 endings be filmed and Corrie bosses hoping we won't find out till the episode is aired?

I really hope so because eastenders did this with the "whodunnit" episode when phil unveiled the identity of the person who shot him. That was very effective because it had the viewers sitting on the edge of their seats and we really know too much in advance these days. I mean, picture how shocked we would have been on that Friday night when Katy killed Tommy, had we not known about the plot. That's the point of twists and turns....they idea of the unknown makes the show so much better to watch!

Debs
22-03-2005, 13:42
why do they say that there are more than one ending been filmed??? do they really or is it just so that people dont believe things they have read. in my experience when there is a story in the paper the one you read about is always the one you see.

tina_freeze89
22-03-2005, 13:52
yes but i think at the minute, there is so much speculation about the outcome of the whole Killer Katy storyline, that the Corrie bosses have decided to beat the soap psychics at their own game.....think about it, the showdown would be a lot more exciting and would gain a lot of viewers if people didnt know how the storyline is going to turn out. I think the 5 possible endings are:
katy sent down + angela death
angela sent down + katy death
angela sent down + katy on the run
angela + katy sent down
and i can't quite think of a fifth scenario....but i don't really care...i'm looking forward to finding out AT THE TIME and not before

Debs
22-03-2005, 13:56
not sure what would happen to angela but believe that katy will kill herself!!!!

tina_freeze89
22-03-2005, 13:59
yeah i hope she does. not in the sense that I dont like her character, but I love Lucy Jo Hudson and I think she would play the part of a suicidal Katy so so well. But on the other hand...it is the common presumtion and I'm sure the Corrie bosses want to surprise us somehow....I think she'll TRY to kill herself but will be discovered and rushed to the hospital where martin will be on duty and will bid her an emotional farewell. I hope so because in my eyes, martin and katy belonged together...don't you think?

Debs
22-03-2005, 14:01
yeah that would be really good maybe as she is dying she could confess all to martin!!! that would then get her mum off the hook!!

tina_freeze89
22-03-2005, 14:03
yeah but Angela's leaving....or maybe on her death bed she could confess all....but with Martin realising that Angela knew all along and still let him get arrested for Tommy's murder, he decides not to submit the evidence to the police

*JSW*
22-03-2005, 14:04
I honestly wouldn't believe the Daily Star, they come out with a lot of rubbish!

Undoubtedly this will be to make people be not sure what's going to happen. Thinking that the storyline will end up 'totally different' to how you'd expect. I bet she'll commit suicide, that's the only way I can see Katy going. With her mother sent down and her father dead and killed by her, Katie will have no-one to look after her, keep her sane and with the grief and guilt increasing it wil undoubtedly be her only way out...

tina_freeze89
22-03-2005, 14:10
yes but what do you think about her death...what do you think about the idea that she could fail suicide but die in hospital under the care of martin....do you think it's likely that she could admit all on her deathbed but to the martin (who probably won't do anything about it cuz he probably hates Angela for what she did to him)...I'm thinking that it's kinda unlikely because Katy killing herself will be dramatic....being in the care of martin on her deathbed wil just be emotional.....do you think she will leave a note?

tammyy2j
22-03-2005, 14:58
Which ever ending they show i hope Katy goes and it happens now. I can't stand her crying anymore

SoapRach
22-03-2005, 15:17
but i don't really care...i'm looking forward to finding out AT THE TIME and not before

So why are you on a spoiler website. :searchme:

I think that soaps say that they have filmed more than one ending so that people are not so sure if what they have heard is true, and so they are more likely to actually tune in and watch it. I don't think that they would waste the resources on actually doing it! I may be wrong but I think it's a red herring.

Trinity
22-03-2005, 16:07
I don'r care whether Katy lives to cry another day or dies - all that matters is she is leaving the street. Hurrah - one less whinger!

Penguin8191
22-03-2005, 19:42
i cant remember where i heard this but i heard that angela goes 2 jail 4 tommys murder. Katy tries 2 kill herself but failes and ends up in hospital!

the_watts_rule
23-03-2005, 08:27
i heard that katy commits suicide

*JSW*
23-03-2005, 12:18
i heard that katy commits suicide
Thats been the discussion of this thread! :)

This 5 different story outcomes is a tactic used by Corrie to make the viewers think that the way they think its going to end is infact doubtful. It changes the predictability of it I suppose (but you always come out with the outcome of what you expect)

Bad Wolf
23-03-2005, 12:21
a lot of people will complain if she does, i think they are still trying to gauge public opinion on the subject before screening the conclusion

buttonnoon2004
23-03-2005, 12:21
JSW I agree with you, its just a tactic devised by Corrie to put us off the scent!!

*JSW*
23-03-2005, 12:31
a lot of people will complain if she does, i think they are still trying to gauge public opinion on the subject before screening the conclusion
I'm presuming your talking about Katy commiting suicide Rach. I think the research does indeed have to be done (I can't remember thee last graphic soap suicide :confused: ) but if its put on in the 8.30pm slot right at the end (when she actually commits suicide) and its all carefully and sensitively doen I doubt there will be complaints. But to achieve that level of sensitivity research has to be done and this is the reason I think there is such a long gap between the murder --> suicide.

tina_freeze89
24-03-2005, 09:30
I doubt that Corrie are going to randomly decide which ending to screen...though that's what they want us to believe. If they did that then it would cause complications for the episodes after that....i mean, filming takes place well in advance of screening so by the time the actual episode has been screened, a lot of new episodes will have already been filmed. I think Corrie are doing this so that soap psychics and such don't write about it and tell everybody the definite ending - like in eastenders when viewers were about to find out who shot phil, the EE bosses knew all along that it was gona b lisa but they lead us to believe that they shot many different endings. I destinctly remember that all of the soap magazines wrote about the suspected outcomes and didn't actually reveal anything...so the whole thing was a shock