PDA

View Full Version : casting troubles for next season?

Bad Wolf
03-07-2005, 13:53
not technically a spoiler but it indicates who will be back and who wont

Footballers' Wives producers are struggling to cast four lead roles, with just three weeks to go before a new series begins filming.

A host of new characters will be appearing in the next series, after most of the current stars were axed or quit the show.

Last week, Jamie Davies, better known as Harley on the ITV1 drama, was dropped from the programme. Zoe Lucker (Tanya), Ben Price (Conrad), Alison Newman (Hazel), Marcel McCalla (Noah) and Elaine Glover (Katie) have also left the show.

"A lot of people are sweating here," an insider told The People. "We're working at double speed to be ready."

Sarah Matravers and Nicholas Ball, who play Joley Slater and Gerry Ryan on ITV2 spin-off show Extra Time, will be joining the main cast for the next series.

The casting delay is being blamed on the Extra Time spin-off, which has kept producers busy in the run-up to the new series.

"It took up a lot of the summer and our normal preparation time," the insider added.

Producer Cameron Roach explained, "I'm in the process of casting but I hope to be done in a week or so."

eastenders mad
03-07-2005, 16:01
why did they do the extra time for they should have put it on itv1 not 2

Bryan
04-07-2005, 11:11
yet another reason why extra time should be axed...

the 2 worst characters from that are coming into footie wive!!!!

whats point of shannon without harley!!!#

and amber without conrad!!!

i hope tanya returns in the final episode!!!

this could be the end for the show!!!!

bondboffin

Luna
04-07-2005, 14:29
whats point of shannon without harley!!!#

and amber without conrad!!!

bondboffin

There is no point!!!!

tammyy2j
04-07-2005, 14:45
Isn't Amber leaving some time in the new series also.

FW won't be the same with Tanya and Hazel. I really want Tanya back as the new owner of the club.

Bryan
04-07-2005, 14:57
Isn't Amber leaving some time in the new series also.

FW won't be the same with Tanya and Hazel. I really want Tanya back as the new owner of the club.

ambe ris leaving half way trough

bondboffin

Tamzi
04-07-2005, 17:58
Hardly anyone from the last two series will be left. They should never have done Extra time. I might not watch it this time around. Too confusing as I never watch extra time and now it hasn't got Tanya and Hazel.
xxx

Katy
04-07-2005, 18:00
i said at the begining that extra time would cause trouble. Why will people want to watch this new series if they already know Conrad dies as it was shown on extra time. And also why have half the characters missing. It really will not work. Especially Shannon without Harley you cant have a wife without a footballer in footballers wives its not possible.

Bryan
05-07-2005, 12:02
i said at the begining that extra time would cause trouble. Why will people want to watch this new series if they already know Conrad dies as it was shown on extra time. And also why have half the characters missing. It really will not work. Especially Shannon without Harley you cant have a wife without a footballer in footballers wives its not possible.

tanya turner didnt in series 3, she was married to frank

bondboffin

Treacle
06-07-2005, 00:28
They'll never get the cast right now. Kylie and Chardonnay, Tanya and Jason etc...that was when the show was at it's best.

iocioc
08-07-2005, 09:05
noooo they can let her leave!!

Bryan
08-07-2005, 09:51
noooo they can let her leave!!

who?

Katy
08-07-2005, 10:11
theres an awful lot leaving.

Tamzi
09-07-2005, 11:04