PDA

View Full Version : Axeing

.:SpIcYsPy:.
21-03-2005, 16:19
Why are EE axing all the best characters, even the OK ones and not the rubbish ones? Sorry I cannot understand this!! I am getting really frustrated now! :mad: Im going to let it all out now.....

Jake - He is soooo good looking and he is a great actor why won't they just keep him for 3 years or even forever, I wouldnt mind :love:
Danny - He can't act much but I guess they come as a pair.
Derek - Yes hes going!!! :thumbsup: I am so happy this is a good choice he jsut sits there disagreeing and agreeing with Pauline!

I know there are some other characters are leaving and I know that I like some of them but I am so dissapointed. If they are going to axe all our favourite charcters what are they going to do? :mad: :mad: :mad: If they are going to get rid of everyone there wont even be an EE!!!!! Unless.. This is the way they are going to close EE down...... NOOOOO please someone calm me down or just agree with me to make me calmer because I dont see why EE is trying to make EE rubbish!!!! :eek:

*JSW*
21-03-2005, 16:27
Jake - He is soooo good looking and he is a graet actor why won;t they just keep him for 3 years or even forever, I wouldnt mind
Because somebody is good looking is no reason to keep someone in a soap and he can't act!

Danny - He can't act much but I guess they coem as a pair.
That is definatley no reason to give someone a contract!

And I doubt EE is trying to make itself rubbish!

Also try to sort your spelling out its all over the place!

Siobhan
21-03-2005, 16:30
Because somebody is good looking is no reason to keep someone in a soap and he can't act!

That is definatley no reason to give someone a contract!

And I doubt EE is trying to make itself rubbish!

Also try to sort your spelling out its all over the place!

I had a feeling you were going to say something like that JSW... I am not a big Moon brother fan either but they seem to be popular and a reason EE is getting rating but if that all EE is looking for then they could have any bizzare storyline as long as the actors were good looking... I am sensing an American soap coming on... :rotfl:

Matty L
21-03-2005, 16:36
I saw some of the omnibus on Sunday afternoon and its the first time I have watched EE in about 6 months and Jake and Danny Moon are awful!!! No wonder they are axeing them, they are terrible!! Im not so sure on Johhny Allen either, thank god Phil agreed to come back!

Angeldelight
21-03-2005, 16:42
I think that both Joel Beckett and Jake Maskell have not been given a chance to show the depth of their characters or to show the range of their acting abilties, which is definaltey a shame.

I think Jake Maskell does Danny brilliantly, he portrays the character really well and I love his one liners they're great.
"if you type in 4377 it spells hell backwards"

Keep them in Walford we need interesting, lovable characters NOT the Mitchells

*JSW*
21-03-2005, 16:47
I'm sorry but if you see good acting ability in Jake Maskall you must be on something strong!

Considering they've featured in 40+ episodes, thats enough time for them to show off some acting ability and enough time for me to gather a sensible understanding of their acting ability ;)

Siobhan
21-03-2005, 16:47
Keep them in Walford we need interesting, lovable characters NOT the Mitchells

I think the more colourful charaters make EE watchable... Jake and Danny are lovable but not interesting... Phil has so much more going for him and did since day one..

Angeldelight
21-03-2005, 16:55
Why do you say that Jake Maskell can't act? HE portrays Danny REALLY well

How can Phil be interesting, can you really think of any MORE DIFFERENT storylines he can feature in now?

If the characters are not interesting how can the viewers WARM to them and LIKE OR CARE about the storylines they're invovled in?

*JSW*
21-03-2005, 16:59
Jake Maskall has got to be one of the worsest actors on EE for years, it so tells that he was cast at the last minute.

I never said I liked Phil! He can stay away. I for one doo not want to see a 1998 version of EE in 2005. Very boring!!!

Angeldelight
21-03-2005, 17:00
how can't he act?

when do you think he couldn't act? what situation?

*JSW*
21-03-2005, 17:05
how can't he act?

when do you think he couldn't act? what situation?
Every episode. There's no acting ability there and even the Jake and Danny lovers realise that on here!

Angeldelight
21-03-2005, 17:07
you must be watching something all other fans aren't

i for one think he's a great actor and EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion

*JSW*
21-03-2005, 17:10
you must be watching something all other fans aren't

i for one think he's a great actor and EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion
Angeldelight, I never said people weren't entitled to their opinions! We're having a debate. You can think what you like and me what I like!

Angeldelight
21-03-2005, 18:12
I still think he's a great actor and should stay as he and jake give the moon family a little more depth and interest as a family

and he can act

21-03-2005, 18:24
Angeldelight (Yumm!) I so agree with you beracuase you agree with me!! Jake does need to be givin a chance beacause he has got a great skills! I also want to save Jake and Danny!! Jake even more!!

21-03-2005, 18:26
JSW I do acutally think you are seeing different things and as for my spelling I my finger just slips a few times. So sorry I will edit it out for you. Other thing is why cannot you see that Jake has alot of potential! He has got skill. He is great not to mention his looks. Its his acting mroe which I like! You seem to disagree with most the posts posted on this site!

true.moon
21-03-2005, 18:31
i no they have been great fun and good acting why ee why??

di marco
21-03-2005, 20:12
i dont think jake and danny should go either. im not saying that theyre the best actors on ee cos theyre not but they do have potential. also danny is well funny, he lightens up ee a bit imo

Jade
21-03-2005, 20:48
If you want to discuss the Pros and Cons of Jake/Danny axing please use this thread

http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1188

Thanks

crazygirl
21-03-2005, 21:39
i think eastenders do too much sacking and thats why the ratings are down

Frankie
22-03-2005, 12:06
I think that Jake and Danny can both act and you can't have everyone in the square all doing some thing extremely interesting at once other wise it is not realistic and that is why EE is so great.

callummc
22-03-2005, 17:20
Jake and danny arn't brilliant but their no worse than a lot of the others,we all have our favourites ,i don't think it's jake and dannys fault,the whole cast have had totally diabolical scripts since christmas,i think somebody at EE is really a corrie or emmerdale fan and has set out to bore us all to death.

Alisha
22-03-2005, 17:49
I don't think too highly of Jake's acting (Danny Moon) but I do think Joel (Jake) can act! He is not my favourate and dont see him as one of the best actors on the show either but I do see potential and had he stayed longer we could have seen that shine through alot more. He has only been there three months and just by first impressions, I am likeing what I see (not physically -even though he is an attractive male, I don't fancy him)

Not everyone will share my view but I know that many do. He should have stayed.

*xeni*
22-03-2005, 17:52
Jake and Danny could be back on our screens in a few months or even a year or so as they're not being killed off; so stop worrying!! :nono:

Angeldelight
22-03-2005, 18:56
have you ever seen a character that has been axed reappear on our screens?

i can't say i have EVER

*JSW*
22-03-2005, 19:36
have you ever seen a character that has been axed reappear on our screens?

i can't say i have EVER
That's true why would they have bothered bringing them back if they were axed :rotfl:

tbh, I don't see why Spicy started this topic if you don't want to see axeings why are you presuming they're going to happen and then put a real downer on your post?

I like things as they are now all the dead wood has been discarded, time for some new characters I say!

Bad Wolf
22-03-2005, 19:40
hi, i read inside soap today, and compared to the other two big soap's the ee cast list is tiny!! they had to double space the whole thing, so i would expect to see lots of new faces over the coming months.........................unless this is all part of the bbc job cuts programme (ha ha he he)

*JSW*
22-03-2005, 19:50
hi, i read inside soap today, and compared to the other two big soap's the ee cast list is tiny!! they had to double space the whole thing, so i would expect to see lots of new faces over the coming months.........................unless this is all part of the bbc job cuts programme (ha ha he he)
Indeed it was something I noticed recently as well. It must be half the size! If no new characters come we'll be in danger of having repetitive characters and repetitive storylines which we all know doesn't work!

Bad Wolf
22-03-2005, 19:54
thats my point about the moon's all they seem to be doing at the moment is axeing, i know we have kat, dennis, phil, and peggy coming back but that is not for weeks, juley goes next week too and gus is on his way out

22-03-2005, 20:39
Becasue there is too many ' gangsters ' they may bring more Dereks and Paulines in as soon as Derek leaves. I miss you Jake. I do actually have a point posting this JSW to get a point across sayign they should stop axeing the public's favourite characters.

*JSW*
22-03-2005, 20:46
Becasue there is too many ' gangsters ' they may bring more Dereks and Paulines in as soon as Derek leaves. I miss you Jake. I do actually have a point posting this JSW to get a point across sayign they should stop axeing the publish favourite characters.
Mabye I didn't explain myself properly. Your entire post had a sad/mad feel. Why ask questions if they make you sad?

Anyway, what characters do you want to see leave? And you miss Jake? He hasn't even left yet!

Alisha
22-03-2005, 20:56
SpIcYsPy,

I see nothing wrong with your post and can see the point you are trying to make in general :) There is already a pinned post on the same thing on the forum though.

*JSW*
22-03-2005, 20:59
Please i didn't say there was anything wrong with the post!

I don't understand why it upset you so much?

22-03-2005, 21:17
Mainly it upsets me beacause the script-writers just axe people off. I just needed to let it all out and ask questions to see what other people thought, that's all. Yes he hasn't left :cheer: I will make the most of while hes on EE!

*JSW*
22-03-2005, 21:19
Its ok, you don't need to justify your actions to me :)

I don't understand why you were asking a question if it made you so mad/ sad? And it was a good question...

Angeldelight
25-03-2005, 17:18
They need to get rid of Ian Beale, him and Jane are really boring now.
Get rid of Keith Miller he's such and inconsiderate git he does nothing because he can't be bothered if he left i'd really warm to the family

di marco
25-03-2005, 17:23
i know what you mean, ian and jane are just soooo boring! and i know keith cant read or write or anything but there are still jobs that he could do that dont require him to be able to read and write, and if he had looked for a job ages before now instead of sitting on his backside all day, then he may have been able to get one! and i agree, i like the rest of the family, though im not really sure about darren but he might grow on me given time

.:Kitz:.
25-03-2005, 17:46
i like darren, he reminds me of one of my mates. Ha ha-they could be brothers!

*xeni*
27-03-2005, 22:18
They need to get rid of Ian Beale, him and Jane are really boring now.
Get rid of Keith Miller he's such and inconsiderate git he does nothing because he can't be bothered if he left i'd really warm to the family
No way......They should NOT get rid of Ian, he has been on E.E. since the begining; even if he doesn't have a great storyline at the moment so what? He's a local and that makes the story real, so what if Keith is an inconciderate git, how many of that type are around;it's real life! What do you want, lies and unreal families? Get real and support the locals.
P.S. thank god they god rid of the Ferreras, that was the worst departure in soap history! :eek:

Brummiegirl4805
27-03-2005, 22:22
Why are EE axing all the best characters, even the OK ones and not the rubbish ones? Sorry I cannot understand this!! I am getting really frustrated now! :mad: Im going to let it all out now.....

Jake - He is soooo good looking and he is a great actor why won't they just keep him for 3 years or even forever, I wouldnt mind :love:
Derek - Yes hes going!!! :thumbsup: I am so happy this is a good choice he jsut sits there disagreeing and agreeing with Pauline!

I know there are some other characters are leaving and I know that I like some of them but I am so dissapointed. If they are going to axe all our favourite charcters what are they going to do? :mad: :mad: :mad: If they are going to get rid of everyone there wont even be an EE!!!!! Unless.. This is the way they are going to close EE down...... NOOOOO please someone calm me down or just agree with me to make me calmer because I dont see why EE is trying to make EE rubbish!!!! :eek:

I didn't know Derek was going, that's no surprise he never gets any storylines. I agree about Jake and Danny, I think they're the best thing to hit EE in recent times. They are not background characters like Derek, Juley, Gus etc. They serve a purpose being there and it's nothing to do with their looks either. I don't think either of them are really gorgeous, I just think they're great characters. They will be a sad loss, if they're gonna do this stupid thing, get rid of Johnny Allen too.

Angeldelight
28-03-2005, 14:39
How can you want IAN to stay, he's had no GOOD INTERESTING storylines for years i mean how boring was him and Jane getting together????? he gets it together with EVERYONE who works for him we KNEW that was going to happen!! and all this bullying stuff WHO CARES?????
and Keith is just soooooo boring he does nothing ABSOLUTLEY nothing!!! the only storyline he was involved with was the football team and you ain't seen them for months, i wonder why? cus it was a crap storyline!!!!!!!!!!!

if EE want people to watch the show then you have to have warmed to the characters and care about the storylines they given to watch, if you can't then how will thet get the viewers??

DO US ALL A FAVOUR AND GET RID OF IAN AND KEITH THEY'RE BORING AND NOT INVOLVED IN ANYTHING INTERESTING

28-03-2005, 14:52
Here here, Keith is the most BORING and UN-REAL character ever.
Real slobs don't watch documentry's on telly. Good lord, my dad says that there are no such people who do the things Keith does. AXE HIM, AXE THE WORTHLESS OLD GIT BEFORE I START CHUCKING STUFF AT THE TV SET!!!!!! he annoys me SO much!!

Angeldelight
28-03-2005, 15:31
it's true!!

hooray some who agrees with me

GET RID OF KEITH HE'S BORING ME TO DEATH

Bad Wolf
28-03-2005, 15:35
it's true!!

hooray some who agrees with me

GET RID OF KEITH HE'S BORING ME TO DEATH

bit harsh??

Angeldelight
28-03-2005, 17:07
you can't say he's even a little bit interesting he doesn't do anything

28-03-2005, 17:14
yeah, sorry Rach On all other occasions i would agree with you, but on this one i'm with 'Angel Delight' coz Kieth does my head in with all this "it'll be alright, love" and "i don't know how you do it rosie love, but you all ways make ends meet". Well Keith, if you got off your fat behind she wouldn't have to make ends meet, would she?! God, if he really loved his family he would get out there and get a job! All he has to do is make an effort!

di marco
28-03-2005, 17:46
i agree! couldnt have said it better!!! :D

SoapWatcher
28-03-2005, 17:52
Keith would have potential iif he got up off his backside.

A for Ian, well yeah , he gets on my nerves, but hes an original cast member, I doubt hell be going anytime soon.

***sharon rules***
28-03-2005, 20:18
i know there allways taking the good character it's not fair.

Brummiegirl4805
28-03-2005, 21:48
How can you want IAN to stay, he's had no GOOD INTERESTING storylines for years i mean how boring was him and Jane getting together????? he gets it together with EVERYONE who works for him we KNEW that was going to happen!! and all this bullying stuff WHO CARES?????
and Keith is just soooooo boring he does nothing ABSOLUTLEY nothing!!! the only storyline he was involved with was the football team and you ain't seen them for months, i wonder why? cus it was a crap storyline!!!!!!!!!!!

if EE want people to watch the show then you have to have warmed to the characters and care about the storylines they given to watch, if you can't then how will thet get the viewers??

DO US ALL A FAVOUR AND GET RID OF IAN AND KEITH THEY'RE BORING AND NOT INVOLVED IN ANYTHING INTERESTING

I liked the idea of Jane and Ian together at first, it started off exciting. By the time they did get together, I was bored by it and it didn't have the same impact at all. This story is a bit different though cos of Jane's husband.
It's a shame about Keith, I mean the story with them being penniless has been tragic but very boring at times. They were all such a force to be reckoned with, now look at them. Eastenders really do have to look at the reasons why it is losing viewers and constantly losing out to Emmerdale. At one time that would never have happened. I can't stand Emmerdale so I can't understand it really.

Jade
28-03-2005, 21:51
And Ian had the storyline about weather on not he would find out he was Bobbys father. I mean how much can a bloke go through in one lifetime. I think he may have some storylines comming up with Lucy turning into a nightmare, or is that now over and done with?

Do you think the Millers are supposed to be some sort of Dingle type family?

Brummiegirl4805
28-03-2005, 21:54
And Ian had the storyline about weather on not he would find out he was Bobbys father. I mean how much can a bloke go through in one lifetime. I think he may have some storylines comming up with Lucy turning into a nightmare, or is that now over and done with?

They were introduced as the new Slaters. The story with Bobby got boring as well. I don't really like Lucy when she tries to be like Stacey. It doesn't quite work.

Jade
28-03-2005, 21:57
Maybe Ian, Jane and the kids should move away and live happily ever after in the next borough of London (as you dont ever see anyone who lives outside the square) I mean how much trauma can a bloke go through in one lifetime

callummc
29-03-2005, 03:07
The way it's going at the moment they might as well as axe the lot,and start showing EE from the beginning again,cos all their doing is constantly repeating their storylines with different actors.

Mr_Cellophane
29-03-2005, 13:48
But without the humour, acting abitities or story lines !

Rach33
29-03-2005, 14:15
Definately not like the Dingles get rid of the parents and just keep the kids

Debs
29-03-2005, 16:14
no i dont think they are supposed to be like the dingles!!! not to keen on the family though espeically keith!!

RealityGap
29-03-2005, 16:55
I must admit that I don't get the Danny and Jake thing, they just don't do it for me

30-03-2005, 14:48
i know what you mean, ian and jane are just soooo boring! and i know keith cant read or write or anything but there are still jobs that he could do that dont require him to be able to read and write, and if he had looked for a job ages before now instead of sitting on his backside all day, then he may have been able to get one! and i agree, i like the rest of the family, though im not really sure about darren but he might grow on me given time
Yes the lady at the beginning when he went to the job centre said something about animal care centres, you dont need to be literate for that, or what about rubbish cleaner like Gus, they will get along talking and you don't have to be that literate for picking rubbish and making the streets of Walford clean. There are many jobs I think EE are not realsiing that well enough. Keith really needs to stop watching all those documentries!! :nono:

30-03-2005, 14:49
Who are the dingles?!!? :confused:

30-03-2005, 14:54
yeah, sorry Rach On all other occasions i would agree with you, but on this one i'm with 'Angel Delight' coz Kieth does my head in with all this "it'll be alright, love" and "i don't know how you do it rosie love, but you all ways make ends meet". Well Keith, if you got off your fat behind she wouldn't have to make ends meet, would she?! God, if he really loved his family he would get out there and get a job! All he has to do is make an effort!
I have to agree with getting rid of Keith until he sorts out his looks and behaves like a proper man instead of a silly slob. Rosie well I dont see why she never sees his mistakes its ' My Kieth is better blah blah blah ' and yes Kitz the it will be alrite annoys me so much Rosie is working her bum of hard and here he is eating all the foods on the menu not even trying to put it int Aleeshas pram to give to Rosie or anything! He gobs it down to himself poor Rosie :( I agree he does nto put any effor into anything. :mad:

di marco
30-03-2005, 15:31
Who are the dingles?!!? :confused:

theyre on emmerdale. but thats as much as i know as i dont watch emmerdale

31-03-2005, 10:58
O ok thank-you :)

*Cris*
31-03-2005, 11:54
I hate sonia and think she should be gone as she is a cow coz of the way she treats pauline. Allthough pauline is over-protective, it is wrong. Other than that she is okay.

Debs
31-03-2005, 13:24
I hate sonia and think she should be gone as she is a cow coz of the way she treats pauline. Allthough pauline is over-protective, it is wrong. Other than that she is okay.

no way!! sonia is one of the best characters in eastenders. she has been in it for ages! she treats pauline that way because she interferes in her lfe. i would treat her exactly the same way!!

Siobhan
31-03-2005, 14:14
totally agree Debs.. I would end up killing my mother-in-law if she was like Pauline.. Sonia has great patience

Rach33
31-03-2005, 14:31
I'll second that puts you off marriage a bit

31-03-2005, 15:58
Everyone has thier own opinion in this please do realise that. :) Thank-you.

31-03-2005, 20:14
I've gotta say. I totally dis-agree with cris's thoughts. Sonia is great, always will be, but Pauline really is a pain in the neck. I'd tell her where to stick her opinions if she were my mother-in-law aswell! But saying that, Pauline can be ok. But not very often.

gbnut
31-03-2005, 21:28
Here here, Keith is the most BORING and UN-REAL character ever.
Real slobs don't watch documentry's on telly. Good lord, my dad says that there are no such people who do the things Keith does. AXE HIM, AXE THE WORTHLESS OLD GIT BEFORE I START CHUCKING STUFF AT THE TV SET!!!!!! he annoys me SO much!!

i have to disagree with you . how does your dad know that there are no such people. i can assure you that there is. it is a bit sterotyipical to say that slobs dont watch documentaries. why not and in your opinion what would they watch?????

mw0390
31-03-2005, 21:34
i think sonia is playing this part really really well

01-04-2005, 18:21
i have to disagree with you . how does your dad know that there are no such people. i can assure you that there is. it is a bit sterotyipical to say that slobs dont watch documentaries. why not and in your opinion what would they watch?????
I didn't come on here to fight. So in answer to your question i guess it is a bit steriotypical but what else can i base it on? :searchme: :hmm:

I have NEVER met a slob LET ALONE a slob that educates him/herself through watching television documentaries. I've never met a PROPER slob before (but i know they exsist) so you're right. I'm basing my views on steriotyping. Sorry, but i don't like the character and if slobs are really like that, my dad is going to have to eat his words........(sorry i don't mean to talk about slobs like their trolls or monsters or anything! sorry for any offence caused:D )

01-04-2005, 18:24
:D All nice :D

i_luv_dennis
02-04-2005, 08:37
#1 21-03-2005, 16:19
Celebrity Gossip Queen

Axeing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why are EE axing all the best characters, even the OK ones and not the rubbish ones? Sorry I cannot understand this!! I am getting really frustrated now! Im going to let it all out now.....

Jake - He is soooo good looking and he is a great actor why won't they just keep him for 3 years or even forever, I wouldnt mind
Derek - Yes hes going!!! I am so happy this is a good choice he jsut sits there disagreeing and agreeing with Pauline!

I know there are some other characters are leaving and I know that I like some of them but I am so dissapointed. If they are going to axe all our favourite charcters what are they going to do? If they are going to get rid of everyone there wont even be an EE!!!!! Unless.. This is the way they are going to close EE down...... NOOOOO please someone calm me down or just agree with me to make me calmer because I dont see why EE is trying to make EE rubbish!!!!

they are not any fit charcters left

p.s i mean while dennis not in it