PDA

View Full Version : Nemone Axed From Radio1 After 5 Years

Emmak2005
01-07-2005, 23:32
JK and Joel are to replace Nemone as hosts of Radio 1's early breakfast show from the autumn.

Nemone, who has been with the station for five years, is leaving in September "to pursue other interests" in radio and TV.

"I've enjoyed five brilliant years at Radio 1 and worked with some great people," she said today. "I'm looking forward to new challenges in Radio and Television... and not having to set my alarm for 2.00am!"

JK and Joel will take up the 4am-7am slot from Monday to Thursday, in addition to their duties as hosts of the Top 40 countdown on Sunday afternoon.

"This is a slot that we intend to make our own," the pair said. "We've got the brilliant mix of new music and we now want to stamp our personality on the show.

"We already get to reveal the official number one every Sunday, so it's amazing that we're now going to be on the station throughout the week as well."

http://images.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/library/160x120_bbc_radio1_jkjoel02.jpg JK & Joel

Jessie Wallace
02-07-2005, 00:05
I was never up early enough to hear her! Chris Moyles show has me in stiches at times tho.