PDA

View Full Version : Sanderson and Stephenson quit Corrie?

twinkle_eyes83
21-03-2005, 13:03
Coronation Street actresses Nikki Sanderson and Debra Stephenson are reported to be quitting the ITV1 soap.

Sanderson's real-life boyfriend Danny Young is leaving the show in July, and friends claim that they cannot bear to be parted.

Nikki, who plays Candice Stowe, is quoted by the Daily Star as saying, "My contract is up in September. At the end of the day, an actor's life is one where you do go from job to job. People understand it."

Meanwhile, Stephenson, who plays Frankie Baldwin, is apparently hoping to pursue a music career, following her appearance on Comic Relief Does Fame Academy.

"I've had three offers since Fame Academy," Debra said. "I'm not going to turn this chance down. The idea is to get an album of songs together. I already have one I did for a hobby on the internet."

Joanne
21-03-2005, 17:19
Candice is a good character because she is so dumb and shallow, you can laugh at her but I wouldn't particularly miss her. Frankie on the other hand is really good and Debra Stevenson is such a good actress but I preferred her character in Bad Girls.

Tamzi
21-03-2005, 20:28
A corrie spokeperson has confirmed this is false and neither actress is leaving.

Soaps King
21-03-2005, 21:32
It is false. Debra stephenson told a recent paper "Im flatterd that everyone thinks im a good singer, But acting is my passin and i dont want to quit just yet!"

Ella.
22-03-2005, 21:20
Tina Baker also confirmed yesterday on GMTV that they are not leaving.

chamone256
24-03-2005, 20:40
i read somewhere recently that the axeing of Danny young has been overturned and that if he quits his boozing all the time he can be there permanently. But he is on thin ice. :cool:

*JSW*
24-03-2005, 21:38
There was a report in the Daily Star but as far as I know its not true. Corrie hasn't said he's saying.

catrindavies05
24-03-2005, 21:47
I hope Debra Stephenson doesn't leave because she's an amazing actress. I really enjoyed seeing the real person on Celeb Fame Academt but I'd miss the loud and brash Frankie! Also, no disrespect to her, I do think she's gorgeous and everything but she's getting on a bit to be a pop star!

Katy
25-03-2005, 11:30
i did'nt think it had been confirmed either

*JSW*
25-03-2005, 14:17
Can a mod please lock this? Its been confirmed as false and is going ogg topic and undoubtedly confusing people.

dddMac1
25-03-2005, 14:51
they have both said that they aint leaving what the papers printed is False