PDA

View Full Version : A First For Corrie - New Character Alert

Emmak2005
30-06-2005, 20:39
Corrie will welcome its first deaf character in August, when Emily Bishop's niece, Freda, arrives to nurse her aunt back to health after she suffers an injury. Deaf comedienne Ali Briggs has been cast in the role of the mysterious Freda - whom busybody Norris Cole suspects of being a con artist.

I've been surfing the net on google to see what this actress looks like - but only managed to find a side shot.

http://www.adornequip.co.uk/aliear.jpg Comedienne Ali Briggs (Emily Bishop's niece Freda)

Treacle
30-06-2005, 23:13
Sounds dodgy :D

Jade
30-06-2005, 23:16
Well if its true then well done corrie!!!! you do not see a fair representation of people in soaps.

Treacle
30-06-2005, 23:31
Sounds dodgy though, wish they would just kill boring Emily off or give her a storyline, surprised she's not having an affair with a married man, affairs are Corrie's usual stories.

Jade
30-06-2005, 23:34
most soaps majorly involve affairs/love triangles/complicated realtionships

Chris_2k11
30-06-2005, 23:38
Walford Queen, no offence, but it seems to me that apart from EastEnders you have a problem with anything to do with any other soap! :D

Debs
01-07-2005, 00:12
she does Birks!!

what a good storyline!

Treacle
01-07-2005, 00:41
Walford Queen, no offence, but it seems to me that apart from EastEnders you have a problem with anything to do with any other soap! :D
That is SOOO not true. I only watch the big 3 religously.
People think I am EE biased which maybe I am a little bit but I used to be a Corrie fan too. At one time I loved both and at times Corrie has been better than EastEnders but recently I cannot identify with Corrie. I miss Hilda and the characters who looked so much more real. It's all these panto colours and characters and the overdose of humour that's being injected into the show. It's a shadow of it's former self. I'm sick of them casting people purely based on their supposed good looks. When I read the statement released from Corrie about the new Adam Barlow it never mentioned his acting talent just that he was a hunk and look at him!!!
I just don't like Corrie anymore sadly but I live in hope that it will go back to the high standard it once enjoyed where humour was subtle but still great and the characters were brilliant too.
The Tony Wood era has been the worst IMHO and not a lot can top those dreadful supermarket episodes. I really liked the Bill Podmore episodes a lot more.

Digital Duck
01-07-2005, 03:50
Deaf comedienne Ali Briggs has been cast in the role of the mysterious Freda - whom busybody Norris Cole suspects of being a con artist.

Oh no, here we go again....sounds like another comedy character. Corrie at the minute just lacks any originality. Norris Cole may have suspected Richard Hillman years ago, but how many people has he supsected of being dodgy since then? I've lost count, TOO MANY! :thumbsdow The laughable thing is, he didn't suspect Mel Hutchwright... :rolleyes:

Expect to see more bad acting and totally unfunny scenes from this effortless storyline.

Treacle
01-07-2005, 03:52
Oh no, here we go again....sounds like another comedy character. Corrie at the minute just lacks any originality. Norris Cole may have suspected Richard Hillman years ago, but how many people has he supsected of being dodgy since then? I've lost count, TOO MANY! :thumbsdow The laughable thing is, he didn't suspect Mel Hutchwright... :rolleyes:

Expect to see more bad acting and totally unfunny scenes from this effortless storyline.
Oh I wholeheartedly agree 100 percent babe with what you're saying :D :D :D

Sounds DREADFUL, ABSOLUTE TOSH!!!!

The fact we are being SUBJECTED to numerous panto characters as it is is bad enough.

I'm fumigating with this show :angry: Watching Wednesdays - I almost lost the will to live.

When Corrie go back to having subtle humour and half decent plotlines (Not affairs - Sally yawwwwn an ORIGINAL plotline there for the websters :rolleyes: - NOT ) only then can we say Corrie has improved :D