PDA

View Full Version : Channel 5 confirms Home and Away UK Xmas Break 2015

Pantherboy
17-11-2015, 22:21
Channel 5 have today confirmed to Back to the Bay that Home and Away will once again be taking a break in the UK over the festive period.

The last episode of the year to air will be Episode 6300 on Friday 4th December 2015. The show will then take a 5-week break before returning on Monday 11th January 2016.

The UK is currently 8 weeks behind Australian airings following a 4-week break earlier this year—and with the 2015 season continuing in Oz with a number of bumper episodes until Wednesday 9th December, it’s likely that the gap will be extended further.

At this time there has been no indication of there being any special repeats during the break, but we will update this post if any new information/changes come to light.

Has this been formally announced in the UK yet guys?

Perdita
18-11-2015, 05:36
I guess Channel 5 have announced it so makes it official, Pantherboy... Home and Away in Australia will start again in February after the Australian Open Tennis, right?

Pantherboy
18-11-2015, 07:09
I guess Channel 5 have announced it so makes it official, Pantherboy... Home and Away in Australia will start again in February after the Australian Open Tennis, right?

Although they have announced that this year's finale is on Wed Dec 9, I haven't read/seen anywhere where they have confirmed when H&A will return in 2016. However, you are quite correct Perdita saying it (usually) returns after the Aust Open Tennis. I checked the Tennis Aust website a couple of weeks ago, & if I remember correctly, it said that the Men's Final is on Sunday January 31. So I assume H&A wil resume the following night on Mon Feb 1? (If I hear confirmation of a resumption date at some stage, I will post)