PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Jackson (Dean Gaffney)

Pendlebury
22-03-2005, 14:27
According to Sky

"Is bin man Robbie Jackson about to return to Albert Square? Apparently he is, but it won't be in the form of Dean Gaffney who played the hapless character for ten years. His sister Sonia, played by Natalie Cassidy, is still there and there are plans to bring Robbie back but with a younger and hunkier actor. Dean told me that he's "more than upset with this decision".

the_watts_rule
22-03-2005, 14:30
cool

*JSW*
22-03-2005, 14:30
Sky should come with a warning for fake spoilers.

Nearly everything they say ends up being lies. I really would highly doubt this massively.

dddMac1
22-03-2005, 14:36
i'm not going to belive anything unless it has Been confirmed by the BBC cause there is a lot of Fake spoilers going About

katwoman
22-03-2005, 14:45
i would like to see robbie return to walford it would be interesting to see what happens if he finds out sonia is getting in touch with chlioe again. there are bound to be fireworks.

Debs
22-03-2005, 14:47
lets hope tis is fake! he was the most boring character ever!! did he do anything interesting???

*JSW*
22-03-2005, 16:06
Sky nver post anthing thats true, seriously don't believe it!

dddMac1
22-03-2005, 16:12
if they did replace Dean with another actor to play Robbie i would my Tv off and i would Never watch Eastenders again

Jade
22-03-2005, 16:13
It does seam doubtful I admit, but as they have posted a valid (?) source its still a spoiler until proved incorrect.

Cheers

dddMac1
22-03-2005, 16:19
hope it is

Pendlebury
22-03-2005, 16:20
My post was not a wind-up, I am not consciously trying to mislead, just reporting what is on Sky website as is my soap duty.

*JSW*
22-03-2005, 16:21
It does seam doubtful I admit, but as they have posted a valid (?) source its still a spoiler until proved incorrect.

Cheers
Indeed it is a spoiler even though very unreliable. I just think its a good idea to draw people's attention to fact its quite 'risky' and not neccessarily true if quite the opposite.

Jade
22-03-2005, 16:21
That was what I was trying to say!!!

You were just reporting what you heard, weathere its true or not remains to be seen!

dddMac1
22-03-2005, 16:22
don't beleve Anything unless it has been confirmed by the BBC not saying it is a lie or anything

*JSW*
22-03-2005, 16:23
My post was not a wind-up, I am not consciously trying to mislead, just reporting what is on Sky website as is my soap duty.
Nobody claimed it was a wind-up. I'm just saying its not a very reliable source so the euthenticity of the spoiler is doubtful.

You should still post it, all spoilers should be reported to these boards :D

Meh
22-03-2005, 16:24

Its nothing to do with your post, just the fact that people are dubious about what they read on the sky site.

If you see a spoiler, post it. Thats what the soapboards are for!

dddMac1
22-03-2005, 16:41
thats true Mordor

Trinity
22-03-2005, 17:45
Personally, if Robbie is coming back I would welcome a head transplant!

*JSW*
22-03-2005, 17:49
Why do EE think that returning a character with a new head works. It most certainly doesn't it completley makes it unbelievable (even further) and Robbie Jackson wansn't even a very good or popular character so why would they want to bring him back?

Debs
22-03-2005, 19:09
i find it very confusing when they bring new actors in to play characters. like lucy and peter. one day they were two kids and the next they were completey different.:confused:

Angeldelight
22-03-2005, 19:18
Personally, if Robbie is coming back I would welcome a head transplant!

I agree, this board is for spoiler how ever unlikey that's why it's called a spoiler board!!!!

I would definaltely welcome the head transplant

littlemo
22-03-2005, 22:55
Why do EE think that returning a character with a new head works. It most certainly doesn't it completley makes it unbelievable (even further) and Robbie Fowler wansn't even a very good or popular character so why would they want to bring him back?

I completely agree that bringing characters back played by different actors is wrong. I personally loved the character of Robbie Jackson (not Fowler, not trying to cause offence, just pointing it out). He wasn't one for major storylines, but I think that was the writers fault not the actor. He was a very supportive loving man. He was great with Sonia, he was very family orientated. I really feel Sonia is in need of him right now.

I hope Robbie comes back but played by Dean Gaffney, it wouldn't be the same if he wasn't.

Debs
22-03-2005, 23:02
yeah if they feel they have to bring him back then he has to be played by dean gaffney and not another actor

Georgie
23-03-2005, 13:20
According to Sky

"Is bin man Robbie Jackson about to return to Albert Square? Apparently he is, but it won't be in the form of Dean Gaffney who played the hapless character for ten years. His sister Sonia, played by Natalie Cassidy, is still there and there are plans to bring Robbie back but with a younger and hunkier actor. Dean told me that he's "more than upset with this decision".
omg as much as i hated the character robbie and dean gaffery they cant bring him back because he is the one eastender that i can remeber (in my watching time) that got away with a happy life and also how can they explain he has changed his image we saw him at sonias marriage which was about a year ago no one changes that quickly

bowsie05
23-03-2005, 15:47
The Sun ran this story aswell and usually they are fairly reliable with their info on soaps

littlemo
24-03-2005, 00:20
The Sun ran this story aswell and usually they are fairly reliable with their info on soaps

I don't think The Sun is the most reliable paper in the world. I just can't believe that the writers would even think about replacing Dean Gaffney as Robbie Jackson, he has always played the part well. No other actor would be able to fill his shoes. And having some gorgeous guy play him is unrealistic, how can they expect the audience to believe him and Sonia, Carol etc., are from the same family (I'm not meaning to cause offence to the Jackson family, I love them. it's just EE characters are mean't to look normal, not like models).

I don't think characters should come back played by different actors, not unless it is absolutely neccesairy. The audience could understand the character of Sam being changed, Daniella Westbrook's problem with drugs prevented her from coming back. I think this was the rarest case where the second actress did a better job than the original. Kim Medcalf has done her character justice.

It wouldn't work in the case of Robbie.

*JSW*
24-03-2005, 00:28
Mabye its the fact that Dean gaffney is such a D Head (fill in the gaps!)

If this is true I simpily see EE playing onto the teenyboppers market so to speak. We've seen what 'rewards' have been 'reaped' with characters such as Dennis and Jake and undoubtedly the same would hopefully (in the eyes of the execs) happen here.

It simpily wouldn't work as you say littlemo, it would seem so forced and obvious if you see what I mean? Bringing old characters back full stop is no way to solve EE's problems and head transplants look furtherly desperate.

An EE trying to revert to a 1998 version where all things are rosey just won't work and this is where I fear it is going...

Siobhan
24-03-2005, 10:34
I don't think characters should come back played by different actors, not unless it is absolutely neccesairy. The audience could understand the character of Sam being changed, Daniella Westbrook's problem with drugs prevented her from coming back. I think this was the rarest case where the second actress did a better job than the original. Kim Medcalf has done her character justice.

It wouldn't work in the case of Robbie.

I think the Charlie Brook did a blinding job as a second Jannine. Sometimes replacement actors do really well... there is lot from other soaps too.. Tracey and Sarah Lou were both played better 2nd time round

Georgie
24-03-2005, 12:35
Yeah but they were out for at least 4 years whereas robbie has been out for one its will just be sooo unbelivable

Siobhan
24-03-2005, 13:13
True and you are right.. Robbie is Robbie and can only be played by Dean Gaffney...

littlemo
24-03-2005, 22:40
Yes Robbie hasn't even been gone a year, he came back for Martin and Sonia's wedding (which he didn't end up seeing) in May (I think it was). It would be ridiculous to bring him back with another actor playing him.

I do agree though that some characters who come back played by a different actor sometimes work. Of course Charlie Brooks as Janine, but she didn't have much of a character when she was in it the first time. Todd Carty playing Mark was good, although I wasn't really old enough to remember the first Mark. I don't think they have changed the actors of characters much in EE, except when somebody goes out of show and are brought back, or when child actors finish and they bring somebody else in to carry the actor into adulthood.

.:Kitz:.
25-03-2005, 10:43
Just a thought, and this is probly me being stupid but who's looking after Wellard?

Was it gus because he's leaving soon so who'll be left with Wellard, poor wellard, somebody think of the dog please!?! He'll be left outside on the streets alone, unless Sonia and Pauline take him in....(ha ha, i'd like to see that one, *evil chuckle*)

gbnut
25-03-2005, 16:44
Its nothing to do with your post, just the fact that people are dubious about what they read on the sky site.

If you see a spoiler, post it. Thats what the soapboards are for!

but people should state were there sourse is from otherwise people make rubbish up!!!

Debs
25-03-2005, 19:21
Just a thought, and this is probly me being stupid but who's looking after Wellard?

Was it gus because he's leaving soon so who'll be left with Wellard, poor wellard, somebody think of the dog please!?! He'll be left outside on the streets alone, unless Sonia and Pauline take him in....(ha ha, i'd like to see that one, *evil chuckle*)

come to think of it where has wellard been i havent seem him for ages!! i guess that gus will take him with him when he goes.

di marco
25-03-2005, 19:33
oh, but i like wellard! :D

Jade
25-03-2005, 20:07
but people should state were there sourse is from otherwise people make rubbish up!!!

They did name a source SKY

Jade
25-03-2005, 20:08
come to think of it where has wellard been i havent seem him for ages!! i guess that gus will take him with him when he goes.

Didnt Wellard get ran over?

*JSW*
25-03-2005, 20:21
Didnt Wellard get ran over?
I don't remember him being run over! Gus has him and Gus hasn't been on-screen for ages (or up until this week)

di marco
25-03-2005, 20:35
i think i remember that wellard did get run over but that he was alright afterwards

*JSW*
25-03-2005, 20:39
So was run over! I must of missed that episode! Sorry for doubting you JJ :)

littlemo
25-03-2005, 21:47
Yes he's living with Gus. I don't think Gus will take him when he leaves, because if Robbie comes back, he will want him (I should think). It could be Sonia who takes him in, but Pauline has already got a dog. I'm not sure how they'd get on, Wellard would probably eat him for breakfast! lol.

magicdragon
26-03-2005, 23:59
it is true, i read it on aol today

*JSW*
27-03-2005, 00:28
it is true, i read it on aol today
AOL isn't an official source so I wouldn't neccessarily believe it. Wait for official confirmation before believing anything! AOL is honestly no reliable source anyway!

Jade
27-03-2005, 00:37
So what is an official Source - The BBC I agree but they hardley ever "Confirm" anything so to speak - it all comes from a "BBC Insider".

People should still be able to post spoilers if the have a source from some form of media.

*JSW*
27-03-2005, 01:04
JJ, thats not i'm saying. I think you've mis-interperated what i've said. Someone saying "it is true because I read it on AOL" is a slightly not very good way of going things about things. I'm simpily saying that your preparing yourself for a fall if you go about things like that. AOL is by no means an official source so should not be taken as something for certain. Thats all I was pointing out JJ :)

Also BBC Insiders are as real as 'close friends' to celebrites. Its made up to make people think the story's true when its not neccessarily the case! :D

crazygirl
27-03-2005, 18:47
well i think sonia will take in wellard for robbie's sake
but i dont want robbie to come back because he is like zoe moan..moan...moan

littlemo
27-03-2005, 21:23
I want Dean Gaffney to come back because he's a great actor, I love him as Robbie. He's the greatest brother anyone could have.

littlemo
02-05-2005, 15:09
There was a spoiler on here a while ago which said Robbie Jackson was coming back played by a different actor, I thought it was totally ridiculous. Has there been anymore news on that?

I love the character of Robbie and it just wouldn't be the same to have somebody else playing him other than love Dean Gaffney (The news on here before was that he was going to be played by someone really good looking). I think it would be so great for Dean Gaffney to come back, I think it was horrible the way he was axed. Robbie was such a brilliant brother to Sonia, I feel for her character at the moment, the only family she's got is Jim and Dot (on her side), it would be nice for Robbie to be one of the main characters involved in this Rebecca storyline. He was really supportive when Sonia had her baby. I would love to see him again on screen.

angelblue
02-05-2005, 15:18
Was he axed or did he decide to leave himself

littlemo
02-05-2005, 15:28
Was he axed or did he decide to leave himself

He was axed, I remember an interview with Jack Ryder on a chat show, he was saying how upset Dean was when they let him go. Dean has twin girls, and they were very little at the time. Robbie has made one appearance since then, turning up for Sonia and Martin's wedding, although they had already married by the time he got there. I would really like to see him back!

.:SpIcYsPy:.
02-05-2005, 15:29
I doubt it. I wonder how Nila or someone is.. you know his wife...

littlemo
02-05-2005, 15:36
I doubt it. I wonder how Nila or someone is.. you know his wife...

Nita, I don't think they're married. I would think if he was going to move to India with her, he would have married her by now, but no I don't think he has. I think they must be still together, they made quite a nice couple. And Robbie was great with Anish, I think he'd make a good father, he was lovely with Chloe/Rebecca too.

Lisa321
02-05-2005, 17:33
Wasn't it Sunita?
I can't remeber.
Nita or Sunita one of them.

Siobhan
02-05-2005, 17:35
it was nita.. seen them on TV the other day.. Uk Gold.. ah the memories

littlemo
02-05-2005, 22:01
Wasn't it Sunita?
I can't remeber.
Nita or Sunita one of them.

Yes it's Nita who played Robbie's girlfriend in Eastenders. Sunita is in Corrie (Dev's wife). Thta's where you might have got them mixed up.

Perdita
26-06-2015, 05:36
EastEnders star Dean Gaffney is returning to the soap for a short stint.

The actor will briefly reprise his role as Robbie Jackson as part of his on-screen mum Carol's upcoming exit storyline.
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/26/618x473/soaps-dean-gaffney-1.jpg
Dean Gaffney
© Getty Images / Jon Furniss/WireImage
Dean Gaffney

Robbie hasn't been seen in Walford since February 2010, when he walked his sister Bianca down the aisle at her second wedding to Ricky Butcher. He then returned to his family in India after revealing that his wife Nita was six months pregnant.

Kim
27-06-2015, 05:39
Guest return for Robbie Jackson, DTC repeats something else he did in his first time on the show.

If he was going to return, he should have done so for the funerals of his brother and grandfather, especially the latter as he lived with him for a number of years. That was under the control of the current producer.

I read that Robbie has a 4 year old son. Someone needs to go back to school. His child would be 5. As it's only a guest return, I don't think we'll get a story that the first child sadly died.

Perdita
02-09-2015, 17:49
EastEnders will be welcoming Wellard number two later this month as Robbie Jackson finds himself paired with another lovable dog on his comeback.

As previously reported, Dean Gaffney will be reprising his role as Robbie this autumn as part of his mother Carol Jackson's exit storyline.
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/36/618x830/img_0998.jpg
Robbie Jackson and Wellard 2
© BBC
Robbie Jackson and Wellard 2

Viewers may remember that Robbie never got over losing the original Wellard back in 2008, so he naturally jumps at the opportunity to get another dog for his young son.

However, in typical Robbie style, things don't quite go to plan, but his dreams manage to come true at the last minute and there is only one name for his new pet - Wellard 2.

Gaffney said: "Robbie and Wellard were inseparable, so it seems only right that there will be a Wellard 2. I think viewers are going to love him!"

Wellard 2 will be making his debut later this month when Robbie returns to screens.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a666444/eastenders-robbie-jackson-to-return-to-walford-with-a-new-wellard.html#ixzz3kb46lv8I

lizann
03-09-2015, 02:11
robbie has a son, with who?

Perdita
03-09-2015, 05:25
robbie has a son, with who?

Nita, young Indian woman he met and she left to return to India and he went with her, he left Wellard #1 with Gus, his friend.

kaz21
17-04-2017, 23:23
It's the return we all knew was coming one day, as EastEnders legend Dean Gaffney has revealed he is heading back to Walford.

The actor – who first appeared on Albert Square in 1993 as affable market trader Robbie Jackson – will reprise his role on the soap over the coming weeks.

"I'm really happy to be back," Dean said.

"I'm so lucky to be given the chance to work again with such a talented group of people. A big thank you to Sean and the team.

"I think it's going to be a lot of fun."

"I'm thrilled to welcome back Dean as Robbie Jackson, one of EastEnders' most loved and most popular characters," added executive producer Sean O'Connor.

"Bridge Street Market has never quite been the same without Robbie policing it in his hi-viz jacket.

"Dean brings a wonderful warmth and fun to his portrayal of Robbie and I'm sure that audiences will take him to their hearts again, just as they have always done."

Dean left the soap in 2003 when Robbie moved to India with his girlfriend Nita, but he made a brief return for Bianca's wedding in 2010.

Robbie returned again in 2015 for Carol's exit storyline, revealing he'd separated from his partner Nita and made the decision to move to Milton Keynes for a fresh start.

At the time, Dean said he wanted a permanent EastEnders return – and it looks like he may have got his wish.

Perdita
04-06-2017, 13:13
Dean Gaffney has revealed more information about his forthcoming Eastenders return.

The actor revealed earlier this year he would be returning to the BBC One soap as the affable market trader Robbie Jackson after a seven-year absence.

However, it looks like we'll be seeing Robbie's darker side...

"Robbie has come back with a vengeance," he told the Radio Times.

"I haven't just come back to order pints in the Vic or cups of tea in the cafe. He's straight back on the square causing some ructions with the market traders."

Robbie will be returning to screens over the coming weeks. He first appeared on Albert Square in 1993, spending a decade in Walford before departing for his girlfriend Nita.

He then made a brief return for Bianca's wedding in 2010 and also came back in 2015 for Carol's exit storyline, revealing he'd separated from Nita and was moving to Milton Keynes for a fresh start.

At the time, Dean said he wanted a permanent EastEnders return – and it looks like he may have got his wish.

"Sean O'Connor, the boss, said in our first meeting he wanted me to come home, which was such a nice thing to say," Dean explained.

"It's a privilege to be asked back because at the end of the day acting is a hard business.

"I've got children I need to put presents under the tree for. And it's a job I did from when I was 15 and I don't any different, and I love it."

He added: "And I need the money!"

Digital Spy

Perdita
14-09-2017, 07:12
EastEnders might be lining up an online dating story for Robbie Jackson, which could see the hapless market worker find love at last.

Dean Gaffney reprised his role as Sonia's brother Robbie earlier this year and the actor has promised there are some exciting plots on the way for his character.

"There's a good few storylines coming up for Robbie's return", Dean told the Daily Star.

"He's trying to find love, and in the new age of finding love, he may find romance in the same way people nowadays are finding romance."

And asked whether he was referring to online dating, he cheekily replied: "You said it. It could be an Instagram thing. We don't know."

Robbie initially left the soap back in 2003 with his partner Nita Mistry, with whom he went on to have a son. However, upon returning to Walford in 2014, Robbie revealed their marriage had ended, and he later decided to relocate to Milton Keynes.

Speaking to Digital Spy recently about whether Robbie could find romance, Dean said: "I was always asking if he could have a permanent partner.

"Patsy Palmer used to always say that they should go against the grain and get Robbie a fit woman; someone who is walking through the Square and everyone is saying 'Who is that?', 'Robbie's girlfriend'. This absolute worldy. But in my opinion, it never happened."

Digital Spy

tammyy2j
14-09-2017, 14:40
I thought he was maybe going to be paired with Donna as they have the love hate arguing going on

tammyy2j
18-03-2019, 00:17
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/8659186/eastenders-dean-gaffney-dramatic-return-robbie-jackson

Robbie returns

lizann
03-06-2019, 02:19
he is back this week with son sami but does nita know

Perdita
13-10-2019, 11:25
https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/13/dean-gaffney-axed-eastenders-asking-stranger-sexy-pictures-10908664/?fbclid=IwAR2JC_LyD07XMOUSDM-LUvZuSF4uG9RVsqJjUC59XnQRz37OA00Ji-zPRKk

Dean Gaffney has reportedly been axed from EastEnders after ‘begging a stranger for sexy pictures.’ The star, who returned a couple of years ago as Robbie Jackson, has already had his final scenes aired as Robbie was seen heading abroad to look after his injured son Sami. Metro.co.uk has approached EastEnders for comment and are awaiting response. According to the Daily Star, Dean said he was using the time to reflect and give himself ‘a step in the right direction’. Bosses allegedly terminated his contract after it was claimed that he contacted a random girl online and asked her for intimate pictures. Dental nurse Theresa Hayman alleged that Gaffney, 41, messaged her on Facebook in the middle of the night asking her for the images of her ‘boobs and bum’. A source stated: ‘Dean knows he’s made some bad decisions and he is working hard to get his life back on track. He split up from his long-term girlfriend and then he lost his job. But he knows he only has himself to blame.

‘He’s always been a popular member of the cast and everyone loves Robbie Jackson so it’s a real shame that he will no longer be on our screens.’ He added: ‘Dean knows that he was given a huge opportunity when he returned to EastEnders full-time two years ago after a number of guest stints. But his break-up with Rebekah hit him hard and he spent a lot of the summer out in Ibiza. Whenever he wasn’t filming he’d be off for the weekend. ‘He was telling friends out there what had been going on and how he was coming to the end of his contract when his bosses found out what he’d done and decided not to renew his contract for now.’ The door has been left open for the actor to return.