PDA

View Full Version : Martin Fowler

Pages : [1] 2

littlemo
04-03-2005, 22:36
I read the spoilers for the end of March, people are saying they are on press office, but they are also on ********* Eastenders if people can't get that which I can't. They look great! However I am surprised Martin is so angry about Sonia being concerned for her daughters welfare.

This is what I read, it's not in exact detail, if you want to know exact details, go onto one of the websites mentioned. This is the week in a nutshell, After reading about Chloe's adopted parents being killed in the paper, Sonia decides to go to the funeral. She is concerned about Chloe, and wants to check she is being looked after properly. Martin tries to talk her out of it (probably because he feels it will be to painful for her). Sonia goes to the funeral and is surprised to see Chloe there. She lies about who she is to get information from the person with Chloe (probably her adopted gran). Then when Sonia tells Martin she has seen her, he is really angry with her, he shouts that Chloe is not their daughter anymore, and he storms out of the house. The next day I think Martin has calmed down a bit, and tries to reason with Sonia saying that she should leave Chloe alone.

It's a good storyline because I agree with both sides of the argument. Martin clearly feels that Chloe has been away from them for 4 years, and they shouldn't uproot her. Then there's Sonia, who clearly loves her very much and just can't accept the fact that somebody else has more rights over her daughter than she does. Also she feels a maternal need to protect her.

Although I feel Sonia maybe being a bit selfish, she does adore her child, and it must be so hard for her. I don't think Martin has to agree with Sonia but I do think he has to support and try and understand her. A marraige is about being there for one another, when Sonia was going through all this before she didn't have anybody now she does, Martin needs to show that he cares about how she's feeling.

I'm not sure how this storyline is going to turn out, but I know there will be a lot more to come. So I'd say Sonia talks Martin round to her way of thinking. If anyone knows anymore about what's going to happen, let me know!!

Cupcake
05-03-2005, 01:18
http://www.*********.co.uk/latest/eastenders.htm Lol is that it?

.:Kitz:.
05-03-2005, 09:09
wow, well. I guess that martin should really be supportive because it is his child!!

littlemo
05-03-2005, 14:48
Yes I think Martin should be supportive, not just because Chloe's his child but because Sonia is his wife. Married couples are supposed to be there for each other. When Martin married Sonia, he told Robbie that he wanted to make up for everything he had done in the past, really make her happy, and he should stick to his promise.

I'm not saying he has to agree with Sonia getting involved with her daughter, but a little empathy wouldn't go a miss.

littlemo
05-03-2005, 14:52
In reply to cupcake, yes I know this is the correct website. I was just saying I couldn't get onto press office spoilers, I can get on to the Eastenders *********, this is where I got the spoilers from lol.

It's going to be a great week isn't it, finaly some good storyline for Martin and Sonia, they have been in a lull for a while, and really like these characters.

Ruby21
11-03-2005, 19:42
Does anyone know if Martin and Sonia break up over the whole Chloe custody battle as by the sound of things Martin is not supportive of Sonia wanting to get Chloe back. I hope they don't as they're about the only happily married couple in soaps.

Jade
11-03-2005, 21:28
Apart from Dot and Jim of course!

#1 Eastender
12-03-2005, 19:12
i think martin secretly wants to see chloe again but he is thinking of her in the long run, i think that he thinks that if he sees her again he will want to keep her but he knows that, that may not be as easy as it sounds

littlemo
12-03-2005, 23:18
I think Martin is concerned about Sonia, he's worried that this is going to turn into more heartache for her. Martin promised Sonia when they got married, that he was not going to let her down ever again, and that he was going to make her happy. I'm not sure how Martin feels about Chloe, but he's never had a chance to bond with her, so he probably doesn't feel much yet.

I very much doubt Martin and Sonia are going to break up over this. Natalie Cassidy (Sonia) seems to think they belong together, in an interview I read, she said she wanted them to be the next Pauline and Arthur. She said if the couple come out of this stronger than ever, it would show the audience that they're marraige will survive anything.

I really think that although Martin has his reservations about Chloe now, he will come round. If Sonia is really dead set on fighting for Chloe, he would have stand by her, if he loved her as much as he says he does. Martin has hurt her so much in the past, if he has a chance to make her happy, he should want that for her.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
13-03-2005, 09:38
Who was the father of Chloe? Jamie/Martin? I forgot. I really do hope that Sonia wins Chloe. I cant wait for this to happen, same week as Tina and Rubys arrival I think! Everythings going up a bit I guess this month!

di marco
13-03-2005, 09:53
martin was chloes father

littlemo
14-03-2005, 19:42
Yeah Sonia and Jamie started going out when she was about 5 months pregnant, but Sonia didn't know. When Sonia told Jamie Martin was the father he went mad, he went round and hit him, this was during Christmas day lunch.

It's strange how things work out isn't it? back then Jamie was the one taking care of Sonia and Martin was the selfish naughty school kid. Now Martin and Sonia are married and there is nothing Martin wouldn't do for her? (well I suppose time will tell).

emma_strange
15-03-2005, 18:16
I hope they do fight for custody and win. it would be nice to see them together again, and it would settle them down, make them realise pauline's right and they need to save their money instead of clubbing all the time

RIP_Rubbish_Gangster
16-03-2005, 14:04
I hope they do fight for custody and win. it would be nice to see them together again, and it would settle them down, make them realise pauline's right and they need to save their money instead of clubbing all the time

Or alternatively, they could leave the little girl with her REAL family and have another shot at having a child that they don't abandon!

*vcl*
16-03-2005, 14:26
they did not abandon her !

sonia was only 15 she thought it was in chloes best interest. sonia was not in a stabel enough position to look after her. She loved her little girl and giving her up was the hardest decision she has ever made just as it is for every mother/father who has to do this .

But at the end of the day sonia was not ready and wanted chloe to have everything she didnt .

now sonia is more stable married and chloe has lost her apdopitive parents, Sonai will never stop being her mum, she could go to live with her grandparent but that why we have courts to decide what is best for the child !

RIP_Rubbish_Gangster
16-03-2005, 15:12
they did not abandon her !

sonia was only 15 she thought it was in chloes best interest. sonia was not in a stabel enough position to look after her. She loved her little girl and giving her up was the hardest decision she has ever made just as it is for every mother/father who has to do this .

But at the end of the day sonia was not ready and wanted chloe to have everything she didnt .

now sonia is more stable married and chloe has lost her apdopitive parents, Sonai will never stop being her mum, she could go to live with her grandparent but that why we have courts to decide what is best for the child !

I've made my point and feelings clear about this on another thread. In my opinion, anyone that has their child adopted gives up their rights to the child. They are certainly not free to pick and choose when they pick up their relationship again - irrespective of how old the birth mother was when they gave him or her up. They give up their rights.

AND I do see it as abandoning actually as that is how I feel.

Bad Wolf
16-03-2005, 15:16
we all have our opinions and feelings, but this is a SOAP afterall, please don't get too aggressive xxx

*vcl*
16-03-2005, 15:32
I've made my point and feelings clear about this on another thread. In my opinion, anyone that has their child adopted gives up their rights to the child. They are certainly not free to pick and choose when they pick up their relationship again - irrespective of how old the birth mother was when they gave him or her up. They give up their rights.

AND I do see it as abandoning actually as that is how I feel.
well you are intiled to your opinion and so am I!

Im just saying that there are many reason why someone gives up their child for adoption and i dont think it is fair to put them all in the boat!

Yes some people do just abondon their babies and kids but not every one ! every case is different

Bad Wolf
16-03-2005, 15:37
this is not a place for an arguement, if you think a storyline is wrong then fair enough, but please respect other peoples opinions, there is no right or wrong in these situations

RIP_Rubbish_Gangster
16-03-2005, 15:58
I'm not getting aggressive, I just find this particular storyline offensive to a certain population of viewers, myself being one of them. I have ceased watching EE now.

dddMac1
16-03-2005, 16:01
hope Martin and Sonia don't break up cause they make a great couple

Bad Wolf
16-03-2005, 17:05
I'm not getting aggressive, I just find this particular storyline offensive to a certain population of viewers, myself being one of them. I have ceased watching EE now.

hi, i really don't mean to cause offence, but i do think that everyone is entitled to their opinion, to be honest i think its a rubbish story line too, they should focus on her nursing and not dwell on her past x

RIP_Rubbish_Gangster
17-03-2005, 09:01
I guess this is the first time a storyline in a soap has ever made my blood boil, mainly I suppose because I've actually been in the situation that the little girl is about to be in. I've had my life turned upside down because my natural parent wanted to rake up the past when I've been happily settled with my parents for 24 years (at the time).

I hope I haven't caused offence to anyone with my brash manner, I just feel offended by this storyline being aired as I know that people will see it as the green light to do the same thing. Having been on the receiving end to the past being raked up and seeing my adoptive parents and extended family hurt beyond all comprehension I will continue to feel aggrieved by this storyline. I don't think EE will ever really understand just how many people they have peed off with this and how many viewers are sick and tired with the 'blood is thicker then water' vomit they spew nearly every episode. Lets face it, this storyline is all about Sonia and how it affects her. It will all be from hers and martins perspective without a thought for what the other family are going through.

Bad Wolf
17-03-2005, 12:56
i'm sorry if i caused offence to you, i totally understand where you come from, there are thing happening in a rival soap which also make my blood boil, they focus on one point of view, and do not take in to account the effect this can have on the wider people involved, you should complain to the beeb? xxx

twinkle_eyes83
17-03-2005, 13:17
that would be good if martin an sonia got chloe back

RIP_Rubbish_Gangster
17-03-2005, 13:55
i'm sorry if i caused offence to you, i totally understand where you come from, there are thing happening in a rival soap which also make my blood boil, they focus on one point of view, and do not take in to account the effect this can have on the wider people involved, you should complain to the beeb? xxx

Thanks Rachel, I've considered writing a complaint when I see how it pans out but to be honest, I've had enough of EE now. It's the same old same old and with the prospect of Phil Mitchell looming, I think thats it for me.

Alisha
17-03-2005, 16:22
Im just saying that there are many reason why someone gives up their child for adoption and i dont think it is fair to put them all in the boat!

Yes some people do just abondon their babies and kids but not every one ! every case is different

I agree :)

littlemo
17-03-2005, 23:02
I can't wait for Phil Mitchell to come back, I think he's a great character. And as for Martin and Sonia, I want them to get Chloe back. I know it may not be realistic, but I feel so sad for Sonia, she loves her so much. Everyone Martin, Jim, Dot etc. thinks she's mad for wanting to see Chloe. Especially Martin feels that she is losing control, like when she kidnapped her, but I don't think he understands the full extent of how she's feeling.

I really feel he should give her some support and most of all give her a hug. I've read the spoilers and on the last day, Martin goes to see Chloe with Sonia, so it may be that he's trying to be there for her finally. It also seems he may change his mind in the future, from what i've read on the webcam.

Sherbs
18-03-2005, 10:12
Well said RIP

RIP_Rubbish_Gangster
18-03-2005, 12:52
I can't wait for Phil Mitchell to come back, I think he's a great character.

Sure he is if you like a completely exhausted character with an inaudible voice and a head like a potato. Dennis on the other hand, is something worth waiting for!

Debs
18-03-2005, 14:26
yeah i agree i can honestly say taht i have NOT missed phil at all. i dont see what he can do when he comes back!! i am looking forward to dennis return and the zoe thing coming out to her family who think she is perfect

Siobhan
18-03-2005, 15:42
To be honest, i think it is law.. once a child is adopted you have given up your rights.. it is different with fostering... i don't think you can contact a child you put up for adoption until 18.. this was made clear to sonia at the time

Ruby21
18-03-2005, 15:55
Does Martin change his mind after he meets Chloe and decide to fight for custody ?

sarah21
18-03-2005, 21:57
Yes, but this is about Sonia finding out that Chloe's adoptive parents have been killed in a car crash. Concerned for her daughter, she goes to the funeral just to make sure that the child is being taken care of. Unfortunately, it will open a can of worms because Sonia will not be able to see her daughter and then walk away. The following weeks will see how Sonia tries to cope with all the emotional problems that this will bring. EE are not saying that all natural parents can go and get their child, they've made it quite clear in the past that it cannot happen. It is only because Chloe is now technically an orphan that it becomes possible. We don't even know if Sonia tries to get her daughter back yet.

I realise that this will upset some people, but quite honestly drama always affects people in some way depending on their life experiences. There are always storylines that will touch a nerve.

19-03-2005, 11:42
I think so but I am not sure.

littlemo
19-03-2005, 21:53
I think so too, because this storyline is set to go on for months. If Martin was firm about not getting involved with Chloe, Sonia would have to put it too rest. I don't think there would be any hope Sonia would get Chloe back on her own, and their marraige would not survive such opposition.

I have a feeling that when Martin visits Chloe something happens to change Martin's mind about the situation. There is nothing said in the spoilers about Martin and Sonia the week after, which leads me to think there is something to know.

I really want to know what happens, so if anyone has any spoilers please! post them.

littlemo
19-03-2005, 22:02
I can't wait for Phil Mitchell to come back, I think he's a great character.

Sure he is if you like a completely exhausted character with an inaudible voice and a head like a potato. Dennis on the other hand, is something worth waiting for!

I know Phil isn't much to look at, but I do like his character, he has something unique about him. He always provides good drama. I love Dennis too, he is great looking, and his character has many levels. He can show an emotional side and a hard side, which is not unlike Phil either.

littlemo
19-03-2005, 22:09
EE are not saying that all natural parents can go and get their child, they've made it quite clear in the past that it cannot happen. It is only because Chloe is now technically an orphan that it becomes possible. We don't even know if Sonia tries to get her daughter back yet.

I realise that this will upset some people, but quite honestly drama always affects people in some way depending on their life experiences. There are always storylines that will touch a nerve.

Yes I totally agree with those statements. It is possible now for Sonia to get her child back. She is capable of adopting Chloe like anyone else could. Chloe has been made an orphan, and although it may have been difficult for Sonia to get her back in the past, there have been a lot of changes.

I love that EE is able to tackle such storylines. They have always been able to do them justice in the past, and I'm sure they will succeed again. Natalie Cassidy and James Alexandrou are both brilliant actors, and I think it will be great!

Bethany Dobbin
19-03-2005, 23:25
I saw a snap of sonia and chloe in a magazine the other day, it said reunited at last or something like that. i don't knowwhat that means but it might be some help.

littlemo
20-03-2005, 15:38
I don't think it was telling us anything. There are quite a few magazine covers like that. There's a statement and then a question mark next to it. I think i've read all of them now, all of them say the same thing.

littlemo
20-03-2005, 22:18
I read that it says in the Radio Times that Martin gains feelings for Chloe when he meets her, and him and Sonia are left with the decision to walk away or to fight for her.

The week after's spoilers don't mention Chloe at all, so I'm not sure whether they just leave it or if the writers are keeping it quiet. I think Sonia's feelings for her daughter are too strong for her to walk away permanently, she needs to know whether she is being well looked after.

sharon+dennis4eva
21-03-2005, 10:48
I hope so. It would be great for Sonia and Martin to finally get Chloe back and be a proper family.

cinamin
21-03-2005, 11:12
I think Martin may be afraid that Sonia will not get Chloe back and he doesn't want her to get her hopes up for Chloes return. If Sonia can't get custody because she signed the baby away, Can't Pauline try to get custody now that Chloes adopted parents are dead?

Siobhan
21-03-2005, 12:24
From what I have read in a magazine in Ireland, Martin doesnt' want pauline to know cause he knows that his mum would fight for custody.. He doesn't want Sonia getting involved cause he is afraid that she will get hurt again.. Also Sonia goes to funeral but with her grandfather Jim not martin and introduces herself as a family friend....

cinamin
21-03-2005, 12:28
I'm sure if Pauline finds out,she will call a lawyer right away. I know Sonia will be thrilled but do you think Martin will be as happy? Is he ready for a child now?

Siobhan
21-03-2005, 12:48
I think he is ready but he is afraid that Sonia will be let down again by the system...

cinamin
21-03-2005, 12:52
Its seems such a shame, Sonia and Martin feel in love and chloe is their daughter I would love to see them as a happy family, Pauline and Dot would be thrilled to be Grandmums. I hope they give Sonia and Martin a chance to be a happy family , Don't you?

littlemo
21-03-2005, 19:17
From what I have read in a magazine in Ireland, Martin doesnt' want pauline to know cause he knows that his mum would fight for custody.. He doesn't want Sonia getting involved cause he is afraid that she will get hurt again.. Also Sonia goes to funeral but with her grandfather Jim not martin and introduces herself as a family friend....

Which magazine did you read that Martin doesn't want Pauline to know about the situation with Chloe? I live in Wales, but it is still only 3 hours away from London, I don't understand why I haven't seen this. I read the magazines as soon as they come out in the shops.

chocolate
21-03-2005, 19:33
does anyone know how old chloe is ?

di marco
21-03-2005, 20:27
about 4 nearly 5 i think

Jade
21-03-2005, 20:36
It said on todays prog that she was 4

Ruby21
21-03-2005, 21:02
Yeah I saw that in the Radio Times, I am so glad that Martin's feelings for Chloe develop as it makes it more interesting as we have always seen it from Sonia's point of view. It wil interesting to watch Martin meeting Chloe and changing his mind about whats best for her.

littlemo
21-03-2005, 21:07
Yes that's the way I feel. It would be great to see Martin get involved in his childs life, gain some feelings for her. Martin has never been given the chance to bond with his daughter, and I feel this is the ideal opportunity. I can't wait to see this episode, seeing them all together as a family.

littlemo
21-03-2005, 21:14
Yes it was her birthday in October, so she's 4 and about 5 months.

cinamin
21-03-2005, 21:36
It didn't seem that long,thanks for the update,so she is old enough to know something terrible has happened to her adopted family.

crazygirl
21-03-2005, 21:43
so like any other eastenders storyline we are gonna get this for ages until people are sick of watching it and lose intrest e/e are so famous for that!!!

littlemo
21-03-2005, 22:40
I think it's going to be a good storyline, some people may be annoyed with storylines that drag out, but I feel it can be a good thing sometimes. The audience haven't forgotten about the Sonia/Chloe storyline, because the writers haven't let us forget. Sonia has never forgotten her daughter, she's as important to her now as she's always been.

Everytime the writers have picked up this storyline, it has been looked at from a different angle, and a new situation. When Sonia gave birth to Chloe she was 15 and with Jamie. When she kidnapped her, Jamie and Sonia had split up, so it was just about her. Now Sonia's married to Martin, and there are another set of problems to deal with. I love storylines with history, I think there great!

cinamin
21-03-2005, 22:50
It helps to know a person's history in the story,this way you can understand why they feel the way they do, Even if Sonia became pregnant now,she still would long for Chloe back,it doesn't matter how much time has passed ,thats her baby in her heart,she could never forget her child. Sonia's character is too caring and sensitive for that. There are alot of complications now that Chloe been adopted, I guess the story will take awhile to finish,but thats ok, as long as there is a happy ending I can wait!

littlemo
21-03-2005, 22:59
Yes I want there to be a happy ending for Sonia, she deserves some happiness.

This storyline is about history, a few people have been asking on here who the father of Chloe is, if you hadn't watched it 4 years ago you wouldn't know. Martin hasn't really been mentioned in relation to Chloe. There was the time when Sonia told Jamie Martin was the father and Pauline decided she wanted Chloe back. But then the situation was dropped soon after. In the main when Chloe has been discussed it has been in relation to Sonia. So people who have watched it for a lot of years, will have the upper hand.

I think it would be great if we get to hear about the past, during this storyline. It is important to the story.

Jade
21-03-2005, 23:00
She also said it's her baby not their baby

littlemo
21-03-2005, 23:16
That's a good point. I suppose she feels that since she went through the labour & adoption on her own. And Martin was only ever really involved in the conception, that she had the right to call her daughter, instead of their.

I can see Sonia's point, she handled it all, but Martin was never given the chance to be involved. I don't blame Martin for the way things panned out with Chloe. Now it seems that Sonia wants Martin to be involved, and it is difficult for him to be concerned about a child he never knew.

sarah21
22-03-2005, 11:13
Good news for littlemo, apparently Martin is getting cross with Sonia because this is too painful for him. When they go to see Chloe, Martin is forced to admit how he feels about her. He now knows how Sonia feels.

RIP_Rubbish_Gangster
22-03-2005, 11:58
She also said it's her baby not their baby

How is a four year old a baby?

Jade
22-03-2005, 11:59
I have not idea, just repeating what Sonia said on last nights episode!

RIP_Rubbish_Gangster
22-03-2005, 12:12
Yes I totally agree with those statements. It is possible now for Sonia to get her child back. She is capable of adopting Chloe like anyone else could. Chloe has been made an orphan, and although it may have been difficult for Sonia to get her back in the past, there have been a lot of changes.

I love that EE is able to tackle such storylines. They have always been able to do them justice in the past, and I'm sure they will succeed again. Natalie Cassidy and James Alexandrou are both brilliant actors, and I think it will be great!

It's obvious you believe that Sonia should get her natural child back but what you fail to observe are the feelings that the adoptive family have. Yes, fair enough the adoptive parents have died and I noticed on another thread you and some others have discussed the prospect of Pauline taking the lead. Why should she when the little girl has got adoptive grandparents that love her? Is it because you honestly believe that no one could love the little girl more then Sonia and the 'blood' family? If that's the case, someone better inform all the adoptive families in britain that they've been wasting their time and to give the child back to where they come from because 'no one could love them more'! Thats basically what the storyline says to me.

People that adopt children very often cannot have kids of their own and this is the only way for them. They totally smother that child in love and it does not mean that they or their parents, or their parents parents, think of that child as anything less then family. Just because someone can get pregnant and have a child, doesn't mean that they are a mother.

RIP_Rubbish_Gangster
22-03-2005, 12:15
I know Phil isn't much to look at, but I do like his character, he has something unique about him. He always provides good drama. I love Dennis too, he is great looking, and his character has many levels. He can show an emotional side and a hard side, which is not unlike Phil either.

My reasons for not wanting Phil to return are not as shallow as looks, more to do with the fact that the character has been completly used up in my opinion. I don't feel there is much more the character can do.

Debs
22-03-2005, 13:36
It's obvious you believe that Sonia should get her natural child back but what you fail to observe are the feelings that the adoptive family have. Yes, fair enough the adoptive parents have died and I noticed on another thread you and some others have discussed the prospect of Pauline taking the lead. Why should she when the little girl has got adoptive grandparents that love her? Is it because you honestly believe that no one could love the little girl more then Sonia and the 'blood' family? If that's the case, someone better inform all the adoptive families in britain that they've been wasting their time and to give the child back to where they come from because 'no one could love them more'! Thats basically what the storyline says to me.

People that adopt children very often cannot have kids of their own and this is the only way for them. They totally smother that child in love and it does not mean that they or their parents, or their parents parents, think of that child as anything less then family. Just because someone can get pregnant and have a child, doesn't mean that they are a mother.

i am really looking forward to see how this plot works out. i do not agree that sonia should get chloe back as she did give her rights up but it is good that eastenders has bough tup the fact that sonia still has feeling s for this child. i do think that the best outcome would be that chloe grandparents would be the best carers for her. she knows them the best and it would have been her parents wishes. surely chloes adoptive parents made a will in the event of this happening. when my son was born me and my husband made sure tghis was the first thing we did as we dreaded the thought of there being a big fight over who would look after him. now everyone knows let hope the situation never happens!

i hope that they show the emotion on both sides not just on sonia and martins and i really hope they that chose the most believable outcome and that is chloe staying with her grandparents or other members of her adoptive family

katwoman
22-03-2005, 13:51
i think its a very good storieline and if sonia and martin do get chloe they will make the perfect little family.

Debs
22-03-2005, 13:57
if sonia wants to have a family why dont her and martin start plannign for one instead of splitting up one!

*vcl*
22-03-2005, 14:00
Another baby is not going to change how she feels about Chloe/Rebecca,

Sonia needs and wants to check her child is going to be ok, I agree in some sense that it would probably be easier on the child to leave her with her adoptive family but i can also see that all sonia wants is the best for Her child.

RIP_Rubbish_Gangster
22-03-2005, 14:00
if sonia wants to have a family why dont her and martin start plannign for one instead of splitting up one!

I totally agree with you!

RIP_Rubbish_Gangster
22-03-2005, 14:03
I have not idea, just repeating what Sonia said on last nights episode!

I know, my boyfriend had it on in the other room (am not watching now this has started) and I heard her say that too.

Sonia seems to only see the little girl as a baby in her mind. She doesn't seem to grasp the concept that this little baby has grown up, can walk, talk and knows who it's family is. She doesn't need to endure any further trauma (after losing her mum and dad) by confusing her. She would need stability.

Debs
22-03-2005, 14:05
Another baby is not going to change how she feels about Chloe/Rebecca,

Sonia needs and wants to check her child is going to be ok, I agree in some sense that it would probably be easier on the child to leave her with her adoptive family but i can also see that all sonia wants is the best for Her child.

no another baby is not going to change how she feels about chloe nothing ever will but she gave her up for adoption. of course she will think about her and want her to be ok, but if she hadnt known who the parents were she would never have known that they had died. she wants what is best for chloe?? then let her stay with the people who have helped bring her up and not complete strangers.

cinamin
22-03-2005, 14:06
I would hate to see Chloe without a family,if not Sonia and Martin,then who?

Debs
22-03-2005, 14:14
I totally agree with you!

i have to admit when i first heard about this storyline i thought, what a fab plot but then as time goes on i just think that unless they keep chloe with her grandparents then it will be very unbelievable!!

Alisha
22-03-2005, 16:11

I do agree there. However, I dont think the story's intention is trying to make a 'blood is thicker than water' point. It's just not the feel I'm getting from watching it and reading the interviews. I think it's more to do with Sonia's desperation to have her daughter back. There is no doubt in my mind that adoptive parents can love thier child more than thier natural parents because in my eyes then can, if not more. However to me, the portrayal of it all is Sonia's regret of letting her go and still loveing her. I beleive that Sonia knows that Chole's parents and extended family do love her. However, in Sonia's state of mind she is not thinking straight. It's like when Martin said 'Chloe is like a drug to her' and he is right. She cant let go. We all saw what happened last time so after reading that piece of devestateing news in the paper, it's completely natural for Sonia to be behaveing in such an irrational mannor. She may not be a mother to Chloe but she is her daughter and therefore is a part of her. Sonia has never stopped loveing her and it's something she has to live with everyday.

Currently I don't think that her intention is to get her daughter back. She's is worried for her and just want's to make sure she is ok but seeing Chloe again its bound to open up a can of worms for her and Sonia's love for Chloe may well cloud her better judgement. Sonia is a level headed strong female but if anyone or anything that can get to her it's Chloe. The more she will see her, the more she will want her back. Like you though, I do think that Chloe is best left where she is and disrupting her now will be more damage but I can see it from Sonia's viewpoint as well as Martin's. :)

I somehow have an incling (I could be wrong) that Sonia will not gain custody of Chloe in the end. I feel that the storyline is more to do with all the heatache, feelings and desperation of Sonia getting her daughter back and causeing friction between her and Matin in the process. However I don't think the outcome will be in her favour. We may see Sonia have some sort of breakdown afterwards if she doesn't get Chloe back. I'm likeing this storyline and I so think it's been the most compelling thing in a long time. Natlaie Cassidy is the finest young actress on the show and I'v always liked Sonia. It's great to see her at the center of another great storyline. She never fails to deliver.

Debs
22-03-2005, 18:06
I somehow have an incling (I could be wrong) that Sonia will not gain custody of Chloe in the end. I feel that the storyline is more to do with all the heatache, feelings and desperation of Sonia getting her daughter back and causeing friction between her and Matin in the process. However I don't think the outcome will be in her favour. We may see Sonia have some sort of breakdown afterwards if she doesn't get Chloe back. I'm likeing this storyline and I so think it's been the most compelling thing in a long time. Natlaie Cassidy is the finest young actress on the show and I'v always liked Sonia. It's great to see her at the center of another great storyline. She never fails to deliver.

i agree with you alisha that i do not think, at least i hope that eastenders do not go down the sonia gets custody route as i tihnk they wil be sending out the wrong message to people.

natalie cassidy id a very good actress particularly when playing this kind of role!! it is also good to see how martin is going to react as i felt he didnt really play a part at all in chloes adoption!! its a veru good storyline but they need to do the most realistic outcome and that is chloe staying with her adoptive family!

prettypayal
22-03-2005, 18:37
in one of the magazines james says that there might be a storyline that sonia gets pregnant. and next friday is where they leave it for a while

Angeldelight
22-03-2005, 19:01
i think it MAYBE a good storyline but both Sonia and Martin signed over their rights to be parents to Chloe/Rebecca and i understand that they just can't stop thinking about her. But the poor kid is 4 years old and has just lost her parents she's not going to understand and it's probably going to do more harm that good.

chamone256
22-03-2005, 19:27
apparently sonia was going to get depression :hmm: but since kh was sacked i don't know if this storyline does come around. I heard she gets pregnant too. :)

Lizzie Brookes
22-03-2005, 20:14
I think they should be together as a family all three of them. Chloe's "parents" are now dead, so surely something could be arranged so that her biological parents could potentially have her back. Things have change. Sonia's not cruel - she'll allow the adoptive family access.

Travelmom
22-03-2005, 20:55
Have we ever seen the adoptive grandparents? Are they fit enough to look after a toddler? It could be the way to go to get her back with Martin and Sonia if they happen to be to old to look after Chloe/Rebecca.

Just a thought.

littlemo
22-03-2005, 21:40
Yes I read that magazine, I think it said that there may be a storyline coming up which involves family, I'm not sure if they were necessairily talking about Chloe. James does say that this is where the story ends for now, but I don't think it's over. I've read quotes on webcam.

Something I read a few weeks ago was a conversation between Martin and Sonia, it seemed to be about Chloe (I'm not totally sure), Martin and Sonia were doing something serious they didn't want Pauline to know about. Jim and Dot were involved in the chat too.

I'm sure I read an interview with Natalie Cassidy as well that mentioned that this storyline goes on for months.

sarah21
22-03-2005, 21:48
i think it MAYBE a good storyline but both Sonia and Martin signed over their rights to be parents to Chloe/Rebecca and i understand that they just can't stop thinking about her. But the poor kid is 4 years old and has just lost her parents she's not going to understand and it's probably going to do more harm that good.

But I don't think Martin did sign over his rights to Chloe. He wasn't named on her birth certificate so he wouldn't need to.

This story is more about Sonia's feelings and regrets about having her child adopted and I like it as it is so realistic. Not many women can have a child adopted and then live pain free. As Sonia said to Zoe, there is always a price to pay.

I don't know if Sonia and Martin will try and get custody of Chloe or leave her as she is, but Kay said at the funeral about how Chloe's gran didn't need all this at her time of life. It is all very emotive, but a judge would have to think what would be the best for the child in the long term. A young child with an older lady with problems that will only get bigger as they both age, or with a young couple who will probably give her siblings? Personally, I would like to see her back with her natural parents, but with her adoptive gran and family remaining part of her life. Whatever happens, if Chloe doesn't come into their lives now, she will in years to come.

littlemo
22-03-2005, 22:09
But I don't think Martin did sign over his rights to Chloe. He wasn't named on her birth certificate so he wouldn't need to.

This story is more about Sonia's feelings and regrets about having her child adopted and I like it as it is so realistic. Not many women can have a child adopted and then live pain free. As Sonia said to Zoe, there is always a price to pay.

I don't know if Sonia and Martin will try and get custody of Chloe or leave her as she is, but Kay said at the funeral about how Chloe's gran didn't need all this at her time of life. It is all very emotive, but a judge would have to think what would be the best for the child in the long term. A young child with an older lady with problems that will only get bigger as they both age, or with a young couple who will probably give her siblings? Personally, I would like to see her back with her natural parents, but with her adoptive gran and family remaining part of her life. Whatever happens, if Chloe doesn't come into their lives now, she will in years to come.

All very good points. Martin didn't sign his daughter away, he didn't know about Chloe being his child until after Sonia had given her up. He wasn't on the birth certificate, and at the time Sonia didn't want him involved in her life. Although there was the incident where Pauline wanted to adopt her, and Martin told her he wasn't interested. Whether that would go against Martin in a court of law, I'm not sure.

I am loving this storyline, and I thought the moment with Neil's cousin and Sonia tonight was interesting, when she mentioned the adopted gran not being fit to look after Chloe. It might be something which would go against the grandmother in court.

I really want Sonia and Martin to get her back, they would make a great family, and even if they went on to have 10 children it wouldn't replace Chloe/Rebecca as their daughter. I don't disagree it would be confusing for the child being placed with strangers, at this time, but it wouldn't be that way forever. Sooner or later things would become apparent. They could make her transfer into the Fowler family gradually, there wouldn't have to be a big rush about it.

Debs
22-03-2005, 22:18
but even if the gran isnt fit to look after chloe there may be other people, people who chloe knows and trusts that can look after her.

more children would not replace chloe but sonia gave her up she has to deal with that and move on!

littlemo
22-03-2005, 22:57
There could be others willing to take of her, but Neils cousin was with Chloe/Rebecca at the funeral. I am quite close too my cousins, but I would have thought an aunt or uncle would be more appropriate to take Chloe/Rebecca to her parents funeral.

The way the cousin was talking, it didn't seem the grandmother was coping very well, and I'm sure family members help out but it didn't seem that anyone had offerered to take her in.

littlemo
22-03-2005, 23:33
Well she would have to be put with somebody. It has been said that the Millers (Chloe's adopted parents) are a big close knit family, so I assume they won't be short of people wanting to look after the child.

I'm not sure how Martin and Sonia would fit into the plan. Unless they wanted to adopt their own child (this sounds rather strange) they couldn't really be a part of it.

Debs
23-03-2005, 07:56
yeah a aunt or uncle would have been better but surely they would have been inside. the cousin was outside as she didint want to upset chloe.

Alisha
23-03-2005, 16:46
:nono:

The way the cousin was talking, it didn't seem the grandmother was coping very well, and I'm sure family members help out but it didn't seem that anyone had offerered to take her in.

You make an intresting point there. We can't automatically assume that aunts and uncles want to take Chloe in just because her adoptive parents have just passed away. For all we know, they may not want the responsbility. This may/may not be the case but it's yet to be seen. I dont doubt that they love Chloe but there is a difference between loveing a child and raiseing them and more importantly wanting to aswell. Thier choice shouldn't be under any 'obligation'.

We dont exactly know the circumstances of her extended family yet. They may already have children and dont want the extra burden. This is a possibility. They may feel that Sonia and Martin can offer Chloe alot more than they can. Only time will tell.......... :hmm:

Ruby21
23-03-2005, 18:01
You make good points Little Mo, that is a realistic scenario for Martin and Sonia to get Chloe back, I would love that to happen ! If not I just hope Martin and Sonia come through this stronger than ever. I am dying to know what happens , I was suprised to hear that the story ends next Friday, I thought they would decide to fight for custody after they both see Chloe together. The lack of spoilers is so frustrating , I really miss Tina Baker's weekly spoilers.

littlemo
23-03-2005, 23:05
Yes wouldn't it be great if there was some way Sonia and Martin could get their daughter back. I don't think it's the end of the storyline though. James said it was the end for a while, but I think it's going to come up again really soon. From what i've read this storyline is going to go on for months.

sarah21
23-03-2005, 23:19
I couldn't believe it when I read that it is over next Friday. It seems a lot of fuss for a 2 week storyline, so I'm hoping that it will be back soon. I know Chloe is better off with her gran who she knows and loves, but her age does bother me. I'd certainly be happier if she was with younger people. Chloe could end up being a carer to an infirm, elderly lady or she could lose her at an age when it would be difficult to find someone to take her.

It would be nice if there was some way for them to get Chloe back without causing too much upset and involving everyone concerned - Alisha's idea is a good one!!

Alisha
23-03-2005, 23:27
I don't think it's the end of the storyline though. James said it was the end for a while, but I think it's going to come up again really soon. From what i've read this storyline is going to go on for months.

Yeah....it may be the end temporarily but I think it will crop up again some time in the future. Martin may have a change of heart or the adoptive family may re-evulate thier decision (if they have already chosen to keep Chloe).

I think it will have a while to go yet. I'm likeing this storyline. :)

littlemo
23-03-2005, 23:29
Yes I think Rebecca should be eased slowly into the Fowler family. I know it would be confusing at first for her, but when she understands who Sonia and Martin are, I'm sure she'd adjust. Martin and Sonia could come and visit Chloe and her adopted gran at their home, maybe 3 times a week and get to know them. Then she could go and stay with them for weekends, get to know Pauline, Jim and Dot. She would have family that love her and a secure upbringing. Martin and Sonia love Chloe very much.

But then again to go from a family who live in a nice area and could give her everything she could want, to Walford is a big leap for a child. But it isn't really about material possessions, it's about love.

*JSW*
23-03-2005, 23:34
Sadly so far this storyline hasn't got off to the best start for me :(

I feel the whole thing has been rather coincidised (if you know what I mean!) I mean what would the likely-hood be of you reading about your daughter's adoptive parents dieing in a car crash, finding out where the funeral is and choosing to go, all on the night before the actual event?

There doesn't seem to be enough of anything there. Hopefully we'll see some evolution for the better in the coming weeks....

RealityGap
24-03-2005, 09:53
It is true that Chloe/Rebecca is now an orphan - BUT unless there is no family or friends that the adoptive parents have nominated for guardianship Chloe/Rebecca would not enter into the social service web again, and be replaced with another family. And even if this did happen it would be unlikely that Martin and Sonia would successfully manage to adopt her as they have not been through the adoption screening process (which on average takes 9mths)

I think that this is one story line that has gone on too far and too long and has gone from a well acted thought plot to an over stretched one. It was great that Sonia gave Chloe up for adoption as she felt that she couldn't bring her up in the situation she was in, she also thought of Chloe's interests when Pauline tried to adopt her, so WHY would she stop thinking of what is best for Chloe now. How could she really think that taking Chloe from the environment she has been raised from the people who love her, when she has just lost her (adoptive) parents would be the best thing to do?

Debs
24-03-2005, 10:15
lets hope that sonis just wants to check that chloe is being well looked after and not trying to get her back. if it is ening in two weeks then she cant be looking for custody.

sarah21
24-03-2005, 12:38
I think that this is one story line that has gone on too far and too long and has gone from a well acted thought plot to an over stretched one.

Oh I can't agree with that. This is a storyline that was always going to happen. After Sonia kidnapped Chloe, she retreated into herself and thought that the best way to deal with the situation was to try not to think about her and she hasn't really mentioned her since. When Martin tried to bring up the subject last year when they were walking through the park with Bobby, Sonia made it clear that it wasn't open for discussion.

It was obvious that this girl needed some form of help and she should have been sent to a counsellor to try and sort out her feelings. Now she has seen Chloe again, all those feelings which haven't been dealt with have come rushing back. She desperately needs to sort out the guilt, the loss and grieve properly for her daughter. It is quite realistic to show that Sonia still has feelings for her Chloe and always will.

I feel the whole thing has been rather coincidised (if you know what I mean!) I mean what would the likely-hood be of you reading about your daughter's adoptive parents dieing in a car crash, finding out where the funeral is and choosing to go, all on the night before the actual event?

I know what you mean about this. But, my mum read about a friend's death in the paper and found out about the funeral and went to it all in the same day. It does seem a bit contrived, but it can happen. :hmm: Soaps are all about coincidences though aren't they? :rolleyes:

RealityGap
24-03-2005, 14:12
I do see what you mean about Sonia never having delt with the greif but I personally think that they could have explored this in other ways, such as Sonia and Martin deciding to have another child BUT realising they both need councelling. This could then highlight Sonia's need to grieve the loss and her guilt feelings.

As I said before I personally think that they have stretched this too far now.

I also worry that it is sending the wrong message to people concidering adoption, in that EE is potraying it in a very negative light from Sonia's view point, and although I don't think it is an easy thing to do or live with, it can be a positive for both the child and the birth mum

Alisha
24-03-2005, 16:42
I think that's because Sonia really regrets her decision. I agree -Sonia did what she thought was best at the time but back then she was in a different place, clearly confused and in a difficult position. She was 15 and just given a birth to a baby she didn't plan for. She knew that she couldn't offer Chloe the life she deserved. There have been many mothers in similiar situations who have regreted thier choices months/years down the line. However Sonia made her decision and it best to let things lie now. It also depends on the families perspective on this and whether thier opinion of Chloe's best intrests will change over time. When Sonia heard about the death of Chloe's parents in the paper -her maternal instincts were telling her to check the welfare of her daughter. At that point her intention wasn't to get Chloe back but just to check that she was ok. However seeing Chloe is going to make it very difficult for Sonia to let her go and move on.

I don't think that adoption would be a option for her now but back then she thought she was doing the right thing. After kidnapping Chloe, only months later it became apparent that Sonia deeply regreted her decision and has done ever since.

RealityGap
24-03-2005, 17:07
it is a very difficult subject/situation, and depends on what you feel about things. I would say that a teenager who delivered a baby following a pregnancy would stuggle to bond with her baby (speaking as a nurse who has watched mothers struggle to bond with planned babies) therefor not quite sure I always get the fact Sonia is going along with her maternal instincts, as a mother myself I firmly believe my maternal instinct have grown along with the love for my children as I have gotten to know them.

BUT insaying all this EE is a soap and is there to entertain us and the bearing on reality is often blurred, and certainly the story line will no doubt bring out some great acting from James Alexandrou and Natalie Cassidy

littlemo
24-03-2005, 21:30
it is a very difficult subject/situation, and depends on what you feel about things. I would say that a teenager who delivered a baby following a pregnancy would stuggle to bond with her baby (speaking as a nurse who has watched mothers struggle to bond with planned babies) therefor not quite sure I always get the fact Sonia is going along with her maternal instincts, as a mother myself I firmly believe my maternal instinct have grown along with the love for my children as I have gotten to know them.

BUT insaying all this EE is a soap and is there to entertain us and the bearing on reality is often blurred, and certainly the story line will no doubt bring out some great acting from James Alexandrou and Natalie Cassidy

Yes I remember when Sonia gave birth she did find it very hard to bond with Chloe/Rebecca. She just wanted the social worker to take her baby away, and needed to get on with her life. At the hospital she felt confused and didn't think the baby had anything to do with her, it was like it had happened to somebody else. But the social worker wouldn't take the baby there and then, and Sonia was made to take the child home and bond with it, which made it very difficult for her to ignore growing feelings.

When Sonia finally gave her child away she felt devestated. It's clear those feelings haven't gone away. Martin was saying tonight that he thought she had put it behind her before, and wondered why she was feeling this way now, Sonia stated she had never got over it. We as the viewers have seen her emotion since she gave her baby away, Martin hasn't, so it seems he is a bit of an outsider.

I feel Martin was 'out of order' (that's a familiar EE saying isn't it) tonight, I know he has strong feelings and emotions about the situation, but what Sonia's going through can't be helped. Martin seems to think Sonia is crazy for even having these feelings for her daughter. And what he said about her being nutty, I know a lot of people have thought this of her recently, but for her husband to say it, it just wasn't nice. I also think Martin should talk about their daughter with Sonia, she needs to talk to somebody, and her husband should be the ideal person. A councillor can be good if you want to speak to somebody anonymously but you should be able to talk about your partner about something like this.

Martin needs to get on Sonia's side more. He can talk about his feelings, she can talk about hers. I'm sure it would help if they opened up, they love one another, and it's important to be there for each other.

littlemo
25-03-2005, 20:58
What did you think of the Chloe storyline tonight? It seems Martin and Sonia are really drifting apart. I don't think I'm on anybody's side, it is all very complicated. I have sympathies for both characters.

Martin is a bit on the outside of things, and is feeling that he may not be enough for Sonia, which is a horrible thing to be feeling. But on the other hand the person who is competing for her affection is his daughter, and he shouldn't feel jealous of that. He really wants to protect Sonia from getting hurt, but he can't because her maternal feelings are taking over her mind. I don't think Martin can compete with that.

I feel sorry for Sonia, Martin is trying desperately to understand what she's going through, but he can't. They are in love, but at the moment they are both at complete loggerheads. People keep telling Sonia that once she sees Chloe she is not going to be able to stop, and they are all right, and Sonia knows it but she can't help herself. We saw Sonia tonight with Chloe, and we knew that it wasn't going to be the last time she saw her. As soon as the grandmother suggested her coming around again, we knew what her reply would be. It's a great storyline!

*JSW*
25-03-2005, 21:09
I thought we saw good progress tonight in this storyline. Its almost as though we saw 'nutritional growth' in the emotions of Martin and Sonia. I think for the first time tonight we saw Sonia getting addicted to the drug which is Chloe.

I'm hopeing we'll continue to see similar 'evolution' in this storyline in the coming weeks. So far this week I had been disappointed (poor writing undoubtedly to blame), the inconsistancies to create a moving storyline was really becoming irritating but tonight I felt a very organic feel to things. Natalie Cassidy had a script where you could feel the emotion similarly with James Alexandrou and Jim (don't know who plays him!) but not to such a greater extent...

Certainly stronger progress tonight...

mandypops
25-03-2005, 21:32
my partner and i have been through an adoption assessment and we were asked to name somone who would look after our adotpive child if something happened to us. Also nominated persons would have to give their consent, so if eastenders have done their research chloes/rebeccas adoptives parents would have done the same thing. When parents give their children up for adoption they lose all rights and I mean all rights. The child even gets a new birth certificate with the adoptive parents name on and not the birth parents. So Matin and sonia have no rights at all as regards to Rebecca. If the child goes back then this is 100% unrealistic and I will switch off for good. If something happened to us I couldnt bear the thought of our 6 year old being put back with birth parents instead of the family he has grown to love.

sarah21
25-03-2005, 22:33
I really don't know where EE are going with this storyline, whether it is just finally covering the emotional fallout of Chloe's adoption between Sonia and Martin, or whether they will try to get her back. But, I do believe that whatever the outcome, it will be something that could happen legally. It is too important a topic and EE know that.

I enjoyed the scenes tonight. Natalie and James are talented and I felt so sorry for both Sonia and Martin. I wish Martin had talked to Sonia last night when she desperately needed to speak with him. Now he wants to talk, she is bottling it up and closing off, you could see it in her face. It is going to cause so many problems for them, I wonder if they are strong enough to cope with it all.

Ruby21
26-03-2005, 14:19
I believe Martin and Sonia have a very strong relationship, this is the first major crisis in their marriage, apart from the stalker and Sonia forgave Martin even before she found out that nothing happened with Sarah which proved the strength of their love for one another. Their main problem so far has been living with Pauline, in fact they have been so loved up its weird to see them fight ! It will interesting to see what happens after they both see Chloe next Friday and how they cope afterward. Its complicated but I could'nt help thinking last night when I saw Chloe's elderly grandma , that Martin and Sonia should be a part of her life as her grandma won't be able to look after her forever and then her life will be disrupted again and she will find out when she is older that she was adopted and could resent her parents for not fighting for her. Whereas if she can now develop a relationship with Martin and Sonia when her grandma is no longer able to look after her , living with Martin and Sonia will seem natural to her. Chloe would still remain in contact with her extended adopted family. Ultimately its up to the executive producer but i really hope Martin and Sonia remain Mr and Mrs Fowler, i love the idea of them been the new Pauline and Arthur without the cardigans ! :hmm:

.:Kitz:.
26-03-2005, 16:50
Yeah, but some how i can't see Sonia down the pub with Dot and comparing dodgy hair cuts can u? ha ha, only kidding. Personally, i totally agree with u even tho i'm FAR to young to remember arthur and pauline together!

littlemo
27-03-2005, 18:35
I believe Martin and Sonia have a very strong relationship, this is the first major crisis in their marriage, apart from the stalker and Sonia forgave Martin even before she found out that nothing happened with Sarah which proved the strength of their love for one another. Their main problem so far has been living with Pauline, in fact they have been so loved up its weird to see them fight ! It will interesting to see what happens after they both see Chloe next Friday and how they cope afterward. Its complicated but I could'nt help thinking last night when I saw Chloe's elderly grandma , that Martin and Sonia should be a part of her life as her grandma won't be able to look after her forever and then her life will be disrupted again and she will find out when she is older that she was adopted and could resent her parents for not fighting for her. Whereas if she can now develop a relationship with Martin and Sonia when her grandma is no longer able to look after her , living with Martin and Sonia will seem natural to her. Chloe would still remain in contact with her extended adopted family. Ultimately its up to the executive producer but i really hope Martin and Sonia remain Mr and Mrs Fowler, i love the idea of them been the new Pauline and Arthur without the cardigans ! :hmm:

You make some very good points here. I agree that Sonia and Martin are great together, it's amazing how their relationship has grown from them being a couple of kids who hated each other, to husband and wife. I would love it if their relationship lasted, however I can't really see Natalie Cassidy staying long enough to become the next Pauline Fowler to be honest. I think she's such a great actress.

What you just said is exactly the way I want the situation with Chloe to happen. Sonia and Martin should be allowed access to their daughter. I don't know who Chloe/Rebecca should live with or who would benefit her in the long run. Her adopted grandmother is somebody the child knows quite well, and can probably give her a lot of things Martin and Sonia can't, but her feelings for Rebecca can't be as strong as Sonia's. I think a parents love is important. If Sonia and Martin keep contact with Chloe, at least she'll know she isn't an orphan.

littlemo
27-03-2005, 20:47
The epsiode I can't wait for is next friday. Martin coming face to face with his daughter. After all the denial of his feelings for Chloe, he is finally going to realise how much he does actually love her.

I know Martin is going to force Sonia to tell the truth about who she is but I really don't want this to be the end of the storyline. Chloe is their daughter, and it is important for her to be included in their lives.

Brummiegirl4805
27-03-2005, 22:26
Yeah I can't wait for that episode either. I've always wanted Chloe to come back in it. This story to me is very interesting. I mean yeah we knew there would be something with Chloe/Rebecca, it's been good so far. Big story for Sonia and Martin, just what I like to see.

Ruby21
28-03-2005, 03:57
Little Mo, Yeah I don't really think that Martin and Sonia will be around as long as Arthur and Pauline, last year there were rumours that James Alexandrou was planning to leave and then he did that directing course in New York, really hope he does'nt he is fantastic ! However Natalie Cassidy said she always wants to be a part of EE but I would like to see her in other things aswell. Ideally if they leave Martin and Sonia will emigrate to Florida and live happily ever after, not very EE I know !

littlemo
29-03-2005, 18:49
I read some news today in a magazine, about the Chloe storyline. Apparently when Sonia finally comes clean to Chloe/Rebecca's adopted gran, Martin and Sonia say a tearful goodbye to their daughter, and are finally able to get on with their lives. However as they try to put the past behind them and move on, Pauline finds out about the situation, and vows that she will do anything in her power to get Chloe back. I really want to know more about this, it sounds very exciting!

littlemo
29-03-2005, 23:11
Did anyone else find tonights episode really emotional? the stuff with Martin and Sonia was really gripping. They've had some really heavy talks lately, but tonight's was especially moving. It was the first time I really saw the situation from Sonia's point of view.

When Sonia told Martin about her wondering everyday if she did the right thing giving Chloe up, and about her feeling really guilty, it was really raw. It also made me feel quite sad, when she said that she didn't feel much like a mum now, but she really wanted too, and you could see her face when she said it, filled with sadness & longing.

I've always felt sorry for Sonia, and have wanted her to get her child back all along, but I don't think I quite saw the emotion of it all. I'm wondering whether tonight's episode may have turned a corner for some people. A lot of people have seen her as mad for not being able to let go and selfish. I think I saw a different side to her tonight, did anybody else?

I also think Martin should do exactly what Sonia said and support her. Even if he thinks she's wrong in seeking out her child, it's something she shouldn't have to go through alone. She has a husband, and she should be able to share things with him.

sarah21
30-03-2005, 16:20
Yes, I thought it was gripping and emotional too. The trouble is that Sonia has never talked about Chloe properly to anyone and it has been eating away at her.

What I want to know is when did Martin get so grown up?? It was good to see them trying to talk about the situation even if they couldn't agree on it. They make a good, strong couple. It was very sad when Sonia admitted that she knew what she's doing is wrong, how she's going to get hurt and asked for Martin's support. At least he's finally beginning to realise just what Sonia has gone through with Chloe and how much she means to her.

crazygirl
30-03-2005, 16:25
i cant wait until pauline finds out and wants to see her does anyone know how long we have to wait until that sroryline?

littlemo
30-03-2005, 19:04
i cant wait until pauline finds out and wants to see her does anyone know how long we have to wait until that sroryline?

Not very long. According to the previews it's coming up in the next few weeks. I think after Martin and Sonia leave Chloe's gran's they are very emotional, but after a while, when they have got back to some normality, and are gettting their relationship back on track, this is when Pauline finds out about their secret. It's probably just as Sonia is beginning to get back to her old self. Pauline really picks her moments.

Jade
30-03-2005, 19:05
Sould be in Press Office Spoilers this week, look out for them on Friday!

littlemo
30-03-2005, 19:13
Yes, I thought it was gripping and emotional too. The trouble is that Sonia has never talked about Chloe properly to anyone and it has been eating away at her.

What I want to know is when did Martin get so grown up?? It was good to see them trying to talk about the situation even if they couldn't agree on it. They make a good, strong couple. It was very sad when Sonia admitted that she knew what she's doing is wrong, how she's going to get hurt and asked for Martin's support. At least he's finally beginning to realise just what Sonia has gone through with Chloe and how much she means to her.

Yes Martin does seem to have grown up overnight doesn't he? He used to be so immature and selfish, now he is really considering Sonia's feelings. I could see how much Martin loved Sonia last night, agreeing to go and see their child with her. Despite the fact that he thought she was wrong, he tried to put his feelings aside for her.

I'm glad that Martin is trying to listen to his wife instead of just judging her. What Sonia said about him needing to support her was completely right. Sonia just needs somebody to be there for her, she's never really had any support. Because Sonia's such a strong character and is quite stubborn, I think people around her feel she can cope with anything, but she was just a child when she had Chloe, and she has been going through all this pain without anybody too help her. Everybody just expects her to get on with it, and it's not that easy for her.

I really love this storyline, great acting by James and Natalie, and they've turned their characters into such a brilliant husband and wife duo.

littlemo
02-04-2005, 22:37
Another moving episode last night, incredible! I loved the way Martin warmed to Rebecca (his daughter), I read in a magazine that Martin finally saw his child as a 'little lady' (I think that's what James said). Last time Martin saw his daughter was when she was a baby, now 3 years later, there's a 4 year old girl staring back at him. She's walking and talking, it must be an incredible feeling, especially seeing she looks so much like him. I liked the way the director had Rebecca staring up at Martin all the time, with her long eyelashes (like Sonia said), and I think for the first time, he really saw himself in her. Martin couldn't get enough of her.

I genuinely thought too that the child actress playing Rebecca looked like Sonia and Martin. I loved seeing some of Martin's feelings coming out, I really felt for him, as well as Sonia.

I know Rebecca doesn't know about Martin and Sonia being their real parents, but it seems she has taken to them. I thought that picture thing was good, her each giving them a picture. I bet that's going to be treasured forever. And when Martin kissed Rebecca before he left, that was adorable.

I actually felt like I was going to cry when Martin and Sonia left the house, they were in tears, and they were just looking at their daughter with some stranger (to them, Martin anyway), and they just had to walk away. Excellent storyline!

Ruby21
03-04-2005, 16:48
I know it was so adorable the way Rebecca looked up at Martin with her big dark eyes and how he knelt down to say goodbye and she kissed him, it was nearly too much for me ! I dread to think what Pauline will do, I can't believe Dot tells her !

di marco
03-04-2005, 20:09
I can't believe Dot tells her !

well you know what dots like! she likes a good gossip about things! probably forgets she not meant to say anything until its too late!

geordie
03-04-2005, 20:14
Who was the father of Chloe? Jamie/Martin? I forgot. I really do hope that Sonia wins Chloe. I cant wait for this to happen, same week as Tina and Rubys arrival I think! Everythings going up a bit I guess this month!

Martin was or should i say is the father of chloe / rachel. they had a one night fling way back

littlemo
04-04-2005, 21:38
Martin was or should i say is the father of chloe / rachel. they had a one night fling way back

Chloe/Rebecca is Martin's daughter yes. I love this storyline it's great how they have brought something from way back and made it significant too current episodes, very gripping stuff!

I can't believe that Dot tells Pauline about Chloe, after Dot was talking tonight about being worried that Jim was going to tell her the truth. Dot agreed it's for the best, keeping Pauline out of it, so why does she have to go and rake everything up. Because it makes the storyline more dramatic!

It was nice tonight listening to Dot and Jim talking about their grandaughter. I can understand why they discouraged Sonia from continuing her relationship with Rebecca, but we can know see that it wasn't as cut and dry as some people thought. I didn't realise Dot and Jim had all those feelings and thoughts about her, Jim talked about what she looked like, and they were both excited about being a great-grandfather (I know Jim's got Liam, but Rebecca's his first great grandaughter) & step great grandmother (Dot). Although she's been adopted, it's clear they still think about her.

I can see that Rebecca would be very well taken care of if she went back with Martin and Sonia. She'd have Pauline, Jim and Dot fussing over her. Dot and Jim are very sweet I can imagine them with her. I think they'd all be very happy together.

It was interesting when the scene ended with Jim and Dot, they panned out and Dot was talking about them both being all alone in the house. I know it's probably something to do with their idea to move out, but it also got me thinking about Rebecca. That house used to be so noisy with all the Jacksons living there, it's definetely missing a child around the place. And also my idea that Martin and Sonia could move in if Jim and Dot moved out, it would be nice to start another generation of family, the Fowler-Jacksons.

littlemo
05-04-2005, 20:49
Saw Sonia tonight in EE a very small clip, but we saw Sonia find out about Jim and Dot's idea to move, and Sonia not feeling happy about it. I can see why Sonia wouldn't relish the idea, she is losing everyone she cares about, she has just said goodbye again to her daughter, and now her grandad the only link to her family she has in the square is thinking of leaving too.

Of course I know Dot and Jim won't be going far if at all but Sonia is bound to feel rather neglected. All she'll have to turn too eventually is Pauline (other than Martin), what an idea.

sarah21
08-11-2005, 16:10
According to someone on Digital Spy, it is in today's TV Times that Martin beds Dawn at Christmas. This will be the final nail in the coffin of Sonia and Martin's already shaky marriage.

Siobhan
08-11-2005, 16:12
Is this after he finds out about sonia kissing naomi???

crazygirl
08-11-2005, 16:12
omg! martin and dawn i didnt think martin would do that again to sonia unless sonia and martin split up before hand

Angeltigger
08-11-2005, 16:13
Well if this is true than i would not be shocked

sarah21
08-11-2005, 16:19
If it's true, I hope Martin really does want his marriage to be over otherwise he is going to be a very sorry boy.

Let's see Dawn coping with the mother-in-law from hell :p

Kim
08-11-2005, 16:24
Is this after he finds out about sonia kissing naomi???

I think so, if this is true. I thought that Martin and Sonia become closer after getting Rebecca/Chloe back following the death of her gran, Margaret.

Siobhan
08-11-2005, 16:25
I think so, if this is true. I thought that Martin and Sonia become closer after getting Rebecca/Chloe back following the death of her gran, Margaret.

No.. think this drove them apart more as they couldn't see eye to eye on the issue and then along came naomi

Jada-GDR
08-11-2005, 16:25
does anyone know what he does when she kisses naomi?

crazygirl
08-11-2005, 16:29
does anyone know what he does when she kisses naomi?he probably get excited and joins in :lol:

Siobhan
08-11-2005, 16:31
he probably get excited and joins in :lol:

:rotfl: but i doubt it.. i dont' think he likes her.. does he even find out?

sarah21
08-11-2005, 16:40
Sonia and Naomi is in the next few weeks - it's in the spoilers already out.

Martin finds out. He confonts her in the Vic and demands to know if she has been having a fling with Naomi. Dot is left spluttering into her tomato juice!

No.. think this drove them apart more as they couldn't see eye to eye on the issue and then along came naomi

I think part of the problem is that all this Chloe business has brought back memories for Sonia and I think she still resents Martin deep down for the problems with Chloe and Jamie.

Angeltigger
08-11-2005, 16:42
so has rebbeca nan died

Jada-GDR
08-11-2005, 16:45
he probably get excited and joins in :lol:
LMAO :cheer: that would just be the funniest thing

Jada-GDR
08-11-2005, 16:48

Martin finds out. He confonts her in the Vic and demands to know if she has been having a fling with Naomi. Dot is left spluttering into her tomato juice!

do they break up though?
where did you read that anyway?

08-11-2005, 16:49
so has rebbeca nan died
Going too..

Siobhan
08-11-2005, 16:54
Going too..

Poor child.. she has been through enough

Angeltigger
08-11-2005, 16:56
Going too..
Oh ok thanks, Do we know how?

crazygirl
08-11-2005, 16:58

I think part of the problem is that all this Chloe business has brought back memories for Sonia and I think she still resents Martin deep down for the problems with Chloe and Jamie.omg he ask's her in the vic! you cant have a row in a pub about having a lesbian fling :lol: it all happens in the queen vic :rotfl:

Debs
08-11-2005, 17:24
omg he ask's her in the vic! you cant have a row in a pub about having a lesbian fling :lol: it all happens in the queen vic :rotfl:

:rotfl: you can have a arguement anywhere in walford!! and the vic is always a good place for dirty secrets to air!!

Debs
08-11-2005, 17:25
Martin and Dawn!!!

i really hope they dont split martin and sonia up

hayley
08-11-2005, 20:55
oh dear! :(

littlemo
08-11-2005, 22:53
Martin and Dawn!!!

I read in the Mail Weekend magazine that rumours about Sonia and Martin getting a divorce have been greatly exaggerated. This was said by Natalie Cassidy.

I think the whole Naomi thing will soon be forgotten about. It's obvious that Sonia doesn't share her feelings, she's just looking for some comfort, and as for Martin and Dawn, I really hope it's not true. Martin really doesn't seem like Dawn's type, he's way too young for her.

I can't believe how far apart Sonia and Martin have drifted. When you think back to the way they were just after they got married, they love's young dream. It's such a shame.

crazygirl
08-11-2005, 23:03
I read in the Mail Weekend magazine that rumours about Sonia and Martin getting a divorce have been greatly exaggerated. This was said by Natalie Cassidy.

I think the whole Naomi thing will soon be forgotten about. It's obvious that Sonia doesn't share her feelings, she's just looking for some comfort, and as for Martin and Dawn, I really hope it's not true. Martin really doesn't seem like Dawn's type, he's way too young for her.

I can't believe how far apart Sonia and Martin have drifted. When you think back to the way they were just after they got married, they love's young dream. It's such a shame.how is he too young for her?

littlemo
08-11-2005, 23:15
how is he too young for her?

Maybe only by about 5 years but there's still a bit of an age gap. I just didn't see him being somebody she would go for. I thought it would be somebody who would challenge her a bit, like one of the Mitchells. She seems to be the kind of woman who craves adventure. And Martin isn't exactly the adventurous type.

But if it's just a one night stand, it's not a relationship. Maybe it's just a drunken mistake.

Sonia manages to get herself into some situations doesn't she?! She always seems to bare the brunt of everything.

sarah21
08-11-2005, 23:26
how is he too young for her?

Because he is only 20 and Dawn is about 25 isn't she? But age aside, Dawn is quite worldly wise and Martin is very immature. Dawn would chew Martin up and spit him out!

According to Heat mag, James and Kara are actually a couple.

Did Natalie say anything else in the magazine? Was it an interview?

I've quite liked Sonia and Martin together and I'm glad to see that a few people here do too. My problem is that they haven't really done much with this couple. They disappear for months on end and it's a shame they seem to be falling apart, especially if the rumours about Rebecca coming back into their lives is true.

Apparently in the Daily Star today (somebody has told me this, so I don't know how true it is), there is a story that Natalie Cassidy has begged the producers to end Sonia's deadend marriage and split them up. James is supposed to have said the same. I find this very strange as Natalie isn't known for demanding storylines and interviews in magazines have always had James and Natalie saying how much they want Sonia and Martin to make this work. Then again, this is the Daily Star ...

Funny you should mention Dawn and one of the Mitchells because I could see her going after Phil. Someone with money, who could show her a good time.

Florijo
09-11-2005, 09:32
I would actually like Sonia and Martin to split up. I never believed in them as a couple as it felt that they only put them together because of the Rebecca connection, and because Martin is the future of the Fowler family. I also felt that they put them together because they did not know what to do with either Martin or Sonia as individual characters.

I would actually be inclined to believe that Natalie and James would want them to split Sonia and Martin up. As characters that have been on the show for years, I would guess that they do have some say in how they would like their characters to progress. I can believe that Natalie and James may have gone to speak to Kate Harwood about being frustrated by their characters, and she may have taken their views on board, as if she did not, they may both have decided to leave.

Saying this however, I don't want them to split up because Martin sleeps with Dawn. I would rather they split up because they realised that they married too young, and that they have just drifted apart naturally. Not every marriage fails because of a third party.

Sonia and Martin are both good individual characters, but apart from Rebecca, they have nothing in common and are boring. They should find Sonia a new boyfriend, maybe a new doctor character, and Martin should find someone new as well. I would like them both to stay friends, but if Martin does sleep with Dawn, then I guess this is unlikely.

sarah21
09-11-2005, 10:27
I think one of the reasons they put them together was, as you say, Martin is the future of the Fowler family and they wanted Sonia to be part of a major EE family. Obviously, this was meant to be the Mitchells but with Jack Ryder leaving they had to make it the Fowlers.

If they do split, which I think they will, I would like it to be friendly and not involve a third party, especially if Chloe comes back into their lives at some point.

crazygirl
09-11-2005, 11:05
Because he is only 20 and Dawn is about 25 isn't she? But age aside, Dawn is quite worldly wise and Martin is very immature. Dawn would chew Martin up and spit him out!

According to Heat mag, James and Kara are actually a couple.

Did Natalie say anything else in the magazine? Was it an interview?

I've quite liked Sonia and Martin together and I'm glad to see that a few people here do too. My problem is that they haven't really done much with this couple. They disappear for months on end and it's a shame they seem to be falling apart, especially if the rumours about Rebecca coming back into their lives is true.

Apparently in the Daily Star today (somebody has told me this, so I don't know how true it is), there is a story that Natalie Cassidy has begged the producers to end Sonia's deadend marriage and split them up. James is supposed to have said the same. I find this very strange as Natalie isn't known for demanding storylines and interviews in magazines have always had James and Natalie saying how much they want Sonia and Martin to make this work. Then again, this is the Daily Star ...

Funny you should mention Dawn and one of the Mitchells because I could see her going after Phil. Someone with money, who could show her a good time.oh right i thought martin was 21 and dawn was 23 i was only guessing their ages i wasnt 100%

Florijo
09-11-2005, 11:17
Apparently, Natalie has just been on Heart FM with Toby Anstis and said that Sonia and Martin split up at Christmas and Naomi's mother is arriving. She confirmed Martin and Dawn but didn't say if it was a one night stand or something more.

I did not hear this myself, I got it from another website.

Chloe O'brien
09-11-2005, 11:38
Natalie deserves better storylines than the ones they are giving her as her acting talents are going to waste. if ee are not careful they will lose another big star through boredom. Sonia needs to have a happy time for a change

xXxJessxXx
09-11-2005, 15:32
Let's see Dawn coping with the mother-in-law from hell :p

haha relationship id love to see :rotfl: Dawn and Pauline. somethign tell me that would be more firey than Sonia and Pauline. lol

But i beleive in the saying 'once a cheat always a cheat' he's done it before so whats stopping him!

dddMac1
09-11-2005, 15:50
i would love to see Dawn cope with Pauline

Angeltigger
09-11-2005, 15:53
i think Dawn will be able to stand up to Pauline as she has done it with Everyone else

Siobhan
09-11-2005, 15:54

I don't think she will have to cope with her but I can see a falling out with Rosie and Pauline with poor Demi caught in the middle

i_luv_dennis
09-11-2005, 16:02
his could be the couple who splits at xmas

sarah21
09-11-2005, 16:05
Natalie deserves better storylines than the ones they are giving her as her acting talents are going to waste. if ee are not careful they will lose another big star through boredom. Sonia needs to have a happy time for a change

Exactly Chloe. As much as I've liked Sonia and Martin their storylines have been so poor and Sonia has been wasted (not too bothered about Martin to be honest) and I would love her to have some exciting storylines. Natalie deserves a lot better.

I think Natalie herself has realised this because according to the Daily Star she begged the producers to split them up. Of course, this is the Daily Star ...

With regards to Martin with Dawn, I can't see that lasting. Dawn is a Zoe replacement and is as selfish and gobby. She will want someone with money who can buy her things and show her a good time.

crazygirl
09-11-2005, 16:07
i think martin and dawn are going to be a one night stand and has for martin and sonia i hope they do split up they do my head in!

lollymay
09-11-2005, 16:09
martin and dawn - that would be an interesting one

prettypayal
09-11-2005, 20:30
i used to like sonias character but now they have made her boring. martin and dawn deserve each other they are rubbish and annoying

i_luv_dennis
09-11-2005, 20:35
i no yeah she use to be fun

Siobhan
10-11-2005, 11:29
i used to like sonias character but now they have made her boring. martin and dawn deserve each other they are rubbish and annoying

Maybe Sonia will get back with Gus.. he really cared for her... I never understood why she got with Martin.. how can you love someone who killed the true love of you life??

shelleyspecs
10-11-2005, 12:31
omg she doesnt want a life of fruit n veg anyway...lol

lollymay
10-11-2005, 12:33
Maybe Sonia will get back with Gus.. he really cared for her... I never understood why she got with Martin.. how can you love someone who killed the true love of you life??

i didnt understand that one either

Jada-GDR
11-11-2005, 14:28
put some drama in, i expect
the couple are useless i'm glad they're splitting sonia SHOULD get back with gus, but martin deserves to be axed. he's a good actor and all, but his character's just BORING and what's with the hair? he looks like one of the beatles :rotfl:

Debs
11-11-2005, 14:45
put some drama in, i expect
the couple are useless i'm glad they're splitting sonia SHOULD get back with gus, but martin deserves to be axed. he's a good actor and all, but his character's just BORING and what's with the hair? he looks like one of the beatles :rotfl:

awwww i want them to stay together! why cant soaps have at least one young happy married couple

Jada-GDR
13-11-2005, 09:39
i like them together but they honestly cant keep doing this to eachother. Martin and Sarah, Sonia and NAOMI :rotfl: , Martin and dawn... its just not right :(

xsoftladybugx
13-11-2005, 10:01
awwww i want them to stay together! why cant soaps have at least one young happy married couple

Are Sonia and Martin actually happy though?!

Kim
13-11-2005, 11:00
Are Sonia and Martin actually happy though?!

Not any more....

Surfer Rosa
15-11-2005, 12:46
Martin and Dawn!!!

I hate when the split good couples up and Sonia and Martin are good together...

(Hi by the way!)

Jada-GDR
21-11-2005, 22:00
hopeful course of the future...

-Martin sleeps with dawn and sonia leaves him
-Sonia takes martin back but then leaves him AGAIN when she discovers that she's got HIV thanks to his "canoodlings" with dawn (wouldn't that be unexpected?)
-Martin tries to kill himself :crying: (but it doesnt work)
-sonia and gus get together
-sonia discovers that she doesn't have HIV at all and she and martin remain friendly
-martin gets together with pat
-gus beds wellard and sonia leaves him
-sonia murders martin because he wont agree to have his hair re-styled
-sonia is jailed for murdering martin
-martin is ALIVE and visits sonia in jail using one of the following lines:
"Ello princess"
"Ello mum"
"Ello sweetheart"
-gus and martin both propose to sonia at the same time (despite her trying to murer him - this is ee for gods sake) but she rejects them both and gets together with jim
-dot ges depressed and forgets to wash her hair
-naomi snogs dawn
-naomi and dawn become a couple
-martin and sonia kill eachother when they ge drunk at the butchers

the_watts_rule
22-11-2005, 08:25
Lol, I don't think EE will do most of that. Good idea thoughs.

twinkle_eyes83
22-11-2005, 12:39
whats happening with the chloe thing i thought well what i read she goes to stay with them

darkangel1986@o
22-11-2005, 13:54
such a shame young couples marriages dont seem to last :nono:

Siobhan
22-11-2005, 15:38
hopeful course of the future...

-Martin sleeps with dawn and sonia leaves him
-Sonia takes martin back but then leaves him AGAIN when she discovers that she's got HIV thanks to his "canoodlings" with dawn (wouldn't that be unexpected?)
-Martin tries to kill himself :crying: (but it doesnt work)
-sonia and gus get together
-sonia discovers that she doesn't have HIV at all and she and martin remain friendly
-martin gets together with pat
-gus beds wellard and sonia leaves him
-sonia murders martin because he wont agree to have his hair re-styled
-sonia is jailed for murdering martin
-martin is ALIVE and visits sonia in jail using one of the following lines:
"Ello princess"
"Ello mum"
"Ello sweetheart"
-gus and martin both propose to sonia at the same time (despite her trying to murer him - this is ee for gods sake) but she rejects them both and gets together with jim
-dot ges depressed and forgets to wash her hair
-naomi snogs dawn
-naomi and dawn become a couple
-martin and sonia kill eachother when they ge drunk at the butchers

I can only see one thing wrong with this.. I don't like sonia getting with Jim cause its her grandad.. can she just not realise that the snog with Naomi make her realise she might be lesbian and get with Dot????

Kim
22-11-2005, 16:02
whats happening with the chloe thing i thought well what i read she goes to stay with them

I heard they get her back after her Gran Margaret dies of a heart attack or something.

melanielovesdennisrickman
22-11-2005, 17:34
I heard they get her back after her Gran Margaret dies of a heart attack or something.

I heard that too,when is that happenning??

Jada-GDR
22-11-2005, 20:16
soon hopefully

littlemo
22-11-2005, 20:33

Gus is a nice friend to Sonia, but she's never loved him. Even when they were in a relationship she thought of him more as a friend than a lover. And when she got back with Jamie (while her and Gus were seeing each other), she didn't even think he'd be upset, because she didn't count their romance as important. I don't think there's really a chance for those two, he's too simple for her.

I understand Martin and Sonia's relationship, when they started going out they had a lot in common (including a daughter). They've been through a lot together, and they can really talk (or used to) that's really important. I want them to make a go of things.

I don't understand Sonia's attitude of late. She's has a complete disregard for Martin's feelings. She just seems very selfish. Things definetely need to change.

Siobhan
23-11-2005, 10:29
Sonia attitude to Martin, is this because she feels let down by him? he went to rebeccas party and then tried to cover it up... I would feel let down badly if the man I loved who told me to move on from my daughter, went to her party, with him mum, and then lied to me....

stewartie2001
23-11-2005, 10:41
i am not saying by any means i agree with what martin does but i have to say hes not having all that easy a time of it either and its plain to see how he feels.I can see Sonia's career is important to her( and i am in the same boat) and i do admiore her but she needs to be careful to still pay attention to martin.Its true, i think what they say that if one partner pays away then its not a happy marriage.Fault on both sides id say, not just Martin

Siobhan
23-11-2005, 10:44
Oh yeah both are at fault.. Sonia is swamped with college stuff and Martin feels neglected...

sarah21
23-11-2005, 16:22
Sonia attitude to Martin, is this because she feels let down by him? he went to rebeccas party and then tried to cover it up... I would feel let down badly if the man I loved who told me to move on from my daughter, went to her party, with him mum, and then lied to me....

Yes exactly. Also Sonia has developed new interests and Martin isn't showing any interest in them at all. You can't ignore your partner like this. All Sonia is trying to do is train to become a nurse, so that she can better herself and have a career.

She didn't moan when Martin went off for a week to Asif's stag week and left her with his mother when things were really bad. She didn't give him a hard time over Sarah either. He is equally to blame as he should show an interest in what she is doing.

Siobhan
23-11-2005, 17:13
I am agreeing with Sonia... she is trying to better herself and she does feel let down alot by Martin.. must also be difficult living with your mother in law especially when your husband always sides with his mother.

stewartie2001
23-11-2005, 19:30
and a mother in law like pauline too.....lol...

littlemo
23-11-2005, 23:41
I am agreeing with Sonia... she is trying to better herself and she does feel let down alot by Martin.. must also be difficult living with your mother in law especially when your husband always sides with his mother.

I still feel bad for Martin. I agree that Sonia should have a career, but that shouldn't be a substitute for her husband. It just seems as if lately she has thought Martin's boring, i'll go and have fun with my friends. Like she regrets being tied down to him, and spending time with her friends is more fun. It probably would have been better if she had gone off and did the college thing, before she got married. It might just be the way it comes across though.

I think Sonia did try at the beginning to include him in whatever her college friends were doing, but he doesn't like the crowd, because he doesn't have anything in common with them. So Sonia should spend time with Martin alone.

As for the whole Rebecca thing he made a mistake. It's difficult to know what to do in that situation. Especially when Sonia's mood swings tend to go up and down like a yoyo.

Just to point out I do like Sonia, I'm just trying to see it from an opposite view point.

Bryan
29-11-2005, 15:59
i think this was hinted heavily last night that theres something between martin and dawn, so maybe this is true...

the_watts_rule
29-11-2005, 16:49
i think this was hinted heavily last night that theres something between martin and dawn, so maybe this is true...

Sounds Good, Fireworks will be set off lol

Siobhan
29-11-2005, 16:55
I still feel bad for Martin. I agree that Sonia should have a career, but that shouldn't be a substitute for her husband. It just seems as if lately she has thought Martin's boring, i'll go and have fun with my friends. Like she regrets being tied down to him, and spending time with her friends is more fun. It probably would have been better if she had gone off and did the college thing, before she got married. It might just be the way it comes across though.

I think Sonia did try at the beginning to include him in whatever her college friends were doing, but he doesn't like the crowd, because he doesn't have anything in common with them. So Sonia should spend time with Martin alone.

As for the whole Rebecca thing he made a mistake. It's difficult to know what to do in that situation. Especially when Sonia's mood swings tend to go up and down like a yoyo.

Just to point out I do like Sonia, I'm just trying to see it from an opposite view point.

That is true and I like Martin too but he did always choose his mum over her and that alone can cause stress on a relationships let alone trying to have a career and worry about a child too

tammyy2j
30-11-2005, 14:10
Good Martin and Sonia are a boring couple

Richie_lecturer
30-11-2005, 15:05

In response to your post, just remove the word 'maybe' from it and you have your answer. :cool:

the_watts_rule
30-11-2005, 16:20
Good Martin and Sonia are a boring couple

Not all the time.

Kim
30-11-2005, 16:28
Just lately they have been.

littlemo
01-12-2005, 21:55
He was good at finding out the truth about Naomi and Sonia tonight, wasn't he?! (well partial truth). I'm glad things have finally been revealed and Sonia and Martin can now attempt to sort out their differences. Perhaps time apart from each other would make them realise what they have.

I really like Martin and Sonia as a couple. For so long they had an amazing marriage, but things have come between them a bit, and I think part of it is to do with Sonia spending lots of time with her friends, and not making room for Martin in her life. They need to find a common ground. Something which they both enjoy doing, and is just as important as whatever Sonia happens to be doing with her friends.

crazygirl
07-04-2006, 14:39
sharon marshall said martin gets off with someone its out of 3 women carly wicks, denise fox & dawn swann! does anyone have any idea which one it is?

Florijo
07-04-2006, 14:49
Denise Fox? She is the mother is she not of the new family coming in, that is meant to be Kevin's lost interest. Are you sure it was not Chelsea Fox, her daughter.

crazygirl
07-04-2006, 14:55
[QUOTE=Florijo]Denise Fox? She is the mother is she not of the new family coming in, that is meant to be Kevin's lost interest. Are you sure it was not Chelsea Fox, her daughter.[/QUOTE) sorry my mistake i have just checked!
i have it on my sky+ box (sad me) yes it is chelsea fox not denise :lol:
sorry about that

i_luv_dennis
07-04-2006, 15:29
i heard that aswell i think it will be carley or dawn

Siobhan
07-04-2006, 17:21
i heard that aswell i think it will be carley or dawn

It was in one of the soap mags that is Carly or Dawn.. Carly helps him getting over his marriage as she has just split up with her husband so my money is on her

eastenders mad
07-04-2006, 18:07
I thought it was going to be Dawn

x Amby x
07-04-2006, 18:35
I hope its Dawn, i think that Dawn and Martin have a spark between them, and they have flirted back and forth since they met each other wheras Carly hasn't been on the Square that long!

willow
07-04-2006, 18:47
i think he will probably have a go with both of them!!!!!

prettypayal
07-04-2006, 20:43
i was hoping that sonia and martin would get back together

littlemo
07-04-2006, 21:31
i was hoping that sonia and martin would get back together

Maybe sometime in the future, but not for a long while I reckon!

I know it's not Chelsea he goes out with because she's going to be having a fling with Grant. I'd actually prefer it to be Carly, because she seems a bit more fun, and I reckon she needs somebody to keep her mind off Nico (even though I would have liked to have seen more of Nico, it's a shame he's left).

I think it's great Martin's going to have someone new. I think he's great! He deserves happiness.

matt1378
08-04-2006, 02:01
yeah i reckon it will be Carly

Xx-Vicky-xX
08-04-2006, 07:32
I said in a topic that asked who we would like to see get together that i would love to see him be with Carly so i hope its her and i hope Pauline doesnt try and ruin it like she did with that girl lastnight

crazygirl
08-04-2006, 11:28
that paulinr fowler is a pain in the bum! how embarrassing for martin when he was with that girl last night

JustJodi
08-04-2006, 12:00
sharon marshall said martin gets off with someone its out of 3 women carly wicks, denise fox & dawn swann! does anyone have any idea which one it is?

I would like to see him with either Dawn or Carly,,,, since none of us have really seen what this Denise person looks like,, so I suggest we just wait till the family takes up residence on the square before taking any more guesses

soapyclean
08-04-2006, 12:44
crazygirl, Pauline knew that Martin wasn't going to make the pain go away by sleeping with anybody. So it was good that she interfered, save Martin heart ache in the morning, so hope he gets with Carly just as Sonia wants him back :rotfl:

xcutiekatiex
08-04-2006, 18:00
i rekon it will probabaly be carley

littlemo
08-04-2006, 18:29
crazygirl, Pauline knew that Martin wasn't going to make the pain go away by sleeping with anybody. So it was good that she interfered, save Martin heart ache in the morning, so hope he gets with Carly just as Sonia wants him back :rotfl:

It's true he wouldn't have made the pain go away, but it is still incredibly embarrassing! He's 20. His mother needs to mind her own business.

I don't know why he didn't move out when he married Sonia. Sonia's got her independence now living out of Pauline's, I find it strange Martin doesn't want the same thing.

kinkybootz
08-04-2006, 18:41
I thought it was going to be dawn, but good luck to him as he having bad time, date them all ha ha

crazygirl
09-04-2006, 12:10
crazygirl, Pauline knew that Martin wasn't going to make the pain go away by sleeping with anybody. So it was good that she interfered, save Martin heart ache in the morning, so hope he gets with Carly just as Sonia wants him back :rotfl:let sonia have a taste of her own medicine now that would be funny

livergirl24
09-04-2006, 12:32
i think they should bring in some girl in sonias family and for martin to get with her that would ruffle sonias feathers a bit lol
i hope martin gets with carly shes not as up tight as dawn

Jada-GDR
09-04-2006, 22:29
it says in inside soap that it could be carly or dawn. pooh, he needs someone with more personality. like pat :D

soapyclean
10-04-2006, 07:46
OH yeah Pat and Martin, can just see it rofl :D

eastenders mad
10-04-2006, 09:57
eugh that will be rather werid i don't think that will happen

tammyy2j
10-04-2006, 10:29
Good for him i think it will be Dawn or Carly not Denise

Richie_lecturer
14-04-2006, 01:11
According to the Sun and ITV1 Teletext, P.300 (news headlines).

Apparently he's leaving at the same time as Sonia, although in his case it doesn't look like he wants to return. I think this news is true, as there's a quote from James himself, speaking to the Sun.

Blimey Pauline's going to be a bit isolated.

Rach33
14-04-2006, 01:50
just read it myself and I'm not surprised there is not much more left to do with Martin

Lindy
14-04-2006, 07:14
If it's true i'm sure Eastenders will confirm after the bank holiday weekend.

Florijo
14-04-2006, 07:57
This is more than likely to be true. I don't think he had much choice and I don't blame him. I can't help but think that neither James nor Natalie were that happy that TPTB split Martin and Sonia up and that is why they have decided to leave, plus they must have gotten bored of the naff storylines they have been given. It is always sad to see a long standing character decide to leave. I just hope that June Brown, Adam Woodyatt nor Pam St Clement are next on the exit list.

lollymay
14-04-2006, 08:36
Its a shame that hes leaving but the martin caracter hasn't had any really good story lines. does mean the end of the rebecca carachter then?

Chris_2k11
14-04-2006, 08:38
Well I won't miss him.

:o

Kim
14-04-2006, 09:55
This has been confirmed in today's sun. http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5766/451c177c5zc.th.jpg (http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=451c177c5zc.jpg)

Jojo
14-04-2006, 10:18
Good to see Martin will enjoy himself loads with the laydees before he goes though :D :D

Shame, but he has been in it for yonks and theres not an awful lot more they can do with Martin - perhaps they will leave together and decide to make a completely fresh start away from everything including Pauline :searchme:

Siobhan
14-04-2006, 10:20
Good to see Martin will enjoy himself loads with the laydees before he goes though :D :D

Shame, but he has been in it for yonks and theres not an awful lot more they can do with Martin - perhaps they will leave together and decide to make a completely fresh start away from everything including Pauline :searchme:

that would be good but sonia is coming back so how would she do that and explain why Martin is not coming back :searchme:

Jojo
14-04-2006, 10:22
Reading article Kim posted it said the door was being left open so who knows - maybe Sonia is going to be another Sharon (oh please help us!! ) :rotfl:

Siobhan
14-04-2006, 10:25
Reading article Kim posted it said the door was being left open so who knows - maybe Sonia is going to be another Sharon (oh please help us!! ) :rotfl:

I loved the way the articule says "fan's are gripped with the current storyline...." yeah gripped to a book they picked up cause they are not watching the most boring storyline for them to date

Jojo
14-04-2006, 10:26
I loved the way the articule says "fan's are gripped with the current storyline...." yeah gripped to a book they picked up cause they are not watching the most boring storyline for them to date And gripped to watching Corrie or Emmerdale instead cos its so dire at the moment :rotfl: Needless to say, my sky + has been overactive of late again :lol:

Bryan
14-04-2006, 12:19
EastEnders actor James Alexandrou has decided it's time to leave Albert Square after playing Martin Fowler for 10 years.

The news comes only a week after Alexandrou's on-screen wife Natalie Cassidy, who plays Sonia, announced she was to take a break.

Of his departure, he told The Sun: "I've decided to leave the show to experience other aspects of my industry.

"Having turned 21, I feel it is an appropriate time to go. I owe everything to the show. But I would love to come back one day."

"I owe everything to the show. I would love to come back one day - that is, if EastEnders will have me.

A BBC spokesman told DS: "James has been a fantastic member of the cast and he goes with our best wishes. His character will not be killed off and the door will be left open for a potential return."

Alexandrou's final scenes are scheduled to be filmed in the summer of next year and look set to be aired in the autumn.

littlemo
14-04-2006, 12:46
Him and Sonia are leaving at the same time. Maybe they will realise that they should give their marriage another go. But that they can't do it in Walford because of Naomi and Pauline giving them a hard time.

I'm not sure what will happen to Rebecca. Either she could go with Martin and Sonia or stay with Pauline in Walford. But I don't think Sonia would be happy about that.

Em
14-04-2006, 12:53
sonia will be back though, so even if they leave together it wont end happily. I think he is a good actor, and can see why hes leaving as there isnt really anywhere else for his character to go.

x Amby x
14-04-2006, 13:18
Oh i don't want James to leave! :( lol! I hope he comesback someday! I think that Martin and Sonia will leave together!

Emmak2005
14-04-2006, 15:13
According to the Sun and ITV1 Teletext, P.300 (news headlines).

Apparently he's leaving at the same time as Sonia, although in his case it doesn't look like he wants to return. I think this news is true, as there's a quote from James himself, speaking to the Sun.

Blimey Pauline's going to be a bit isolated.

Hi. Well I just read this story on digital spy and was a little surprised. But he's on screen till the summer of 2007 at least. It wouldn't surprise me if Natalie Cassidy (who plays screen wife Sonia) decided to persue other aspects of her career with a permanant break from the show.

James has been in ee now for 10 years (or near enough anyway) and that's almost a lifetime to be in the same job for that long. So no wonder he has decided to spread his wings a bit. Good luck to him I say. If you believe you have the talent (which his stint on the show has proved) then why not move forward with your goals I say.

Florijo
14-04-2006, 15:16
I think James might follow Susan Tully's (Michelle Fowler) lead and go into directing as I've read he has done/is doing a directing course or something to do with directing anyway.

callummc
14-04-2006, 15:30
only a few words to say on this sbject,good ridance to bad rubbish

sarah21
14-04-2006, 15:52
Why is this in the spoilers when Natalie leaving is in the rumours? Natalie's is the one that has been confirmed.

I'm sorry to see both of them go. They are great young actors and although some of the kids on here don't like or understand the current storyline, everyone is talking about it.

As for there is nothing more they can do with them, what a load of rubbish. There is loads more for them to do and I hope they will be back one day. Good luck to them both.

Siobhan
14-04-2006, 15:58
Why is this in the spoilers when Natalie leaving is in the rumours? Natalie's is the one that has been confirmed.

I'm sorry to see both of them go. They are great young actors and although some of the kids on here don't like or understand the current storyline, everyone is talking about it.

As for there is nothing more they can do with them, what a load of rubbish. There is loads more for them to do and I hope they will be back one day. Good luck to them both.

Natalie was only confirmed last night.. have moved it now as both have been confirmed now

Jojo
14-04-2006, 16:26
I was just going to say this has now been confirmed by the BBC....

DaVeyWaVey
14-04-2006, 19:02
I am sad to see Martin go as he and Sonia have both been great characters but i think it was about time Martin had left as in my opinion, his character has ran out of steam and i can't see him in any more exciting storylines. Also Martin and Sonia haven't been getting the most brilliant storylines of late either. I just hope that this won't be the "will they leave together or leave apart" scenario like they did with Kat and Alfie :rolleyes: Well i wish James all the luck for the future :)

alan45
14-04-2006, 19:29
Goodbye Martin, good riddance. Whats the betting he will come back begging for a job when his new career fails.

Abi
14-04-2006, 19:34
All i can say, is about time! He's been a useless charcter for months now, its about time someone made the decision to get rid of him. Good riddance.

matt1378
15-04-2006, 00:22
who's gonna run the fruit n veg stall?

Richie_lecturer
15-04-2006, 00:35
Freddie Slater and Ben Mitchell.