PDA

View Full Version : grant to stay with itv?

chance
20-03-2005, 11:42
ITV chiefs are trying to prevent Ross Kemp from returning to EastEnders, by offering him a £500,000 contract to star in a new series of Ultimate Force, according to The People today.

Recent rumours have suggested that EastEnders producers are keen for Kemp, who played Grant Mitchell, to sign a new two-year contract, offering him £500,000 a year.

However, ITV executives are apparently hoping that, by offering him the same salary for considerably less work, Kemp will be convinced not to return to the BBC.

An ITV source told the newspaper, "Ross is far from signed, sealed and delivered to EastEnders. If he stays with ITV, he would earn the same for six hours' screen work a year as for 44 weeks of hard graft."

A spokesman for EastEnders said, "We are in early negotiations, but nothing is settled."

callummc
20-03-2005, 12:41
Well if you wereRoss kemp which would you choose,i'm glad in a way i like ultimate force,he can allways put EE on the backburner and will probably be eellcome back in the future,unless EE get the needle and do what they did to Anita Dobson.

littlemo
20-03-2005, 15:53
There have been a few things I've liked with Ross Kemp on ITV but I'd rather see him as Grant on EE, that way we can see him nearly every night. Plus I loved his character. I don't think it's all about money, what they are offering him to go back to EE isn't to be sniffed at. I don't think there's that much difference.

*JSW*
20-03-2005, 16:01
Well I for one wouldn't like to see Grant back at EE I simpily believe that he's had his time and has moved on. I don't want to see KH2 bring back all the characters from the 90s so basically we're left with a 1998 version of EE. We know how badly wrong it can go and simpily trying to emulate the success of a by-gone era is foolish and will look badly on EE. I hope this isn't the way EE goes....

Freds
20-03-2005, 19:41
We need new good characters, not old alright characters!!!!!
give us somethig new!!!!!

chance
20-03-2005, 20:14
i personally think he could save the show from getting the chop!