PDA

View Full Version : Death in Paradise

tammyy2j
10-01-2014, 22:37
The BBC One detective drama is back for a third series on Tuesday, January 14 at 9pm, with Kris Marshall replacing the departing Ben Miller as series lead.

tammyy2j
04-03-2014, 01:15
Call The Midwife and Death In Paradise have both been re-commissioned by the BBC for a fourth series.

Meanwhile, crime comedy-drama Death In Paradise has also been given the green light for another season.

It stars Kris Marshall as a detective inspector sent to the fictional Caribbean island of Saint Marie to investigate a murder.

The show continues its third series run on BBC One on Tuesdays.

tammyy2j
04-03-2014, 01:15

tammyy2j
25-11-2015, 14:49
The makers of Death in Paradise have confirmed an array of guest stars for the crime drama’s fifth season.

Eight new episodes began filming on the French-Caribbean island of Guadeloupe this summer, with main cast members Kris Marshall, Joséphine Jobert, Danny John-Jules and Tobi Bakare all returning.

Guest stars in Season 5 will include Neve McIntosh (Doctor Who), Paul Nicholls (The C Word), Emma Rigby (Once Upon A Time), Heida Reed (Poldark), Julien Ovenden (Downton Abbey), Lloyd Owen (The Originals), Nigel Lindsay (Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa), Hannah Britland (Fresh Meat), Charlotte Hope (Game of Thrones) and Lucy Cohu (Broadchurch).

Paul Nicholls commented: “I’m very excited to have the opportunity to work with the fantastic cast and crew on the upcoming series of Death In Paradise. I play a fashion photographer in my episode which is very different from many of my previous roles so was a great challenge. Filming in Guadeloupe was incredible too. We had so much fun!”

Executive producer Tim Key added: “We are thrilled to be back in Guadeloupe for the fifth series of Death In Paradise and delighted to have such great talent involved in the show. The new series promises more twists, romances and shocks for viewers with some of our most ambitious stories yet. From deep-sea divers who get in over their heads to political scandals with deadly consequences, there’s something for everyone.”

Season 4 concluded on BBC One in February and the new episodes will begin airing in early 2016.

Perdita
25-11-2015, 15:15
I used to enjoy the series when it started but it seemed to have lost its shine lately :(

parkerman
25-11-2015, 15:45
I agree, Perdy. I think it lost something when Ben Miller left. Kris Marshall is very good, but I think the series lost its whole original premise of the Englishman abroad which was what made it a bit different from your run-of-the-mill detective series.

It also didn't help when Sara Martins left. Phwoarrrrr!