PDA

View Full Version : a great viewing

deadlydave2
07-12-2013, 21:50
So whats a good series to really throw yourself into to watch at the moment? something that gets you thinking constantly after watching? anything on?

Dazzle
08-12-2013, 17:12
So whats a good series to really throw yourself into to watch at the moment? something that gets you thinking constantly after watching? anything on?

My favourite at the moment, and one of my most favourite ever, is Danish political drama Borgen, shown on BBC4. It doesn't sound very interesting but it's actually quite enthralling and thought-provoking. The third series is being shown at the moment and will be on iplayer, but I'd watch it from the beginning.

If you look on Amazon it's got almost perfect reviews.

It's subtitled, which I know puts a lot of people off, but you really do forget your reading subtitles after a short while.

deadlydave2
08-12-2013, 21:15
Subtitles don't bother me and thanks for the recommendation!

I'll check it out. thanks for that

Siobhan
09-12-2013, 07:58
Try Hannibal.. that has me thinking a lot.. Really enjoying the series (only shown now in Germany but the DVD is already out).. can be gory in parts but really enjoyable to watch.

annette_tr9
09-12-2013, 13:24
this year i thought Bates Motel was an excellent series....

american horror story is good (weird though!) and each season is a different story

older series i am still enjoying are walking dead, supernatural and true blood

on a completely different angle i am really enjoying devious maids. it's a good replacement for desperate housewives

annette_tr9
09-12-2013, 13:24

deadlydave2
09-12-2013, 13:26
Some great suggestions. Really appreciate it!!!

Dazzle
09-12-2013, 15:40
Yes I've really enjoyed Hannibal and Bates Motel this year, too.

moonstorm
10-12-2013, 08:30
Sorry Dave, I am going to hijack your thread for a moment. Can someone give me feedback on Breaking Bad? My friend was on the phone last night asking me to start watching it as she loves it and needs someone to discuss it with. She said it was the best programme she had ever seen!

tammyy2j
10-12-2013, 21:51
Scandal is very good

Dazzle
11-12-2013, 12:14
Sorry Dave, I am going to hijack your thread for a moment. Can someone give me feedback on Breaking Bad? My friend was on the phone last night asking me to start watching it as she loves it and needs someone to discuss it with. She said it was the best programme she had ever seen!

It's an excellent TV programme, definitely amongst the very best I've seen. It's very dark and dramatic, with top-notch acting and writing. It won 10 Emmy Awards including several for Best Actor for Bryan Cranston. Here's a summary from TV.com (mild spoilers!):

Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) stars in this drama focused on a mid-life crisis gone bad for an underachieving high school chemistry teacher who becomes a drug dealer after discovering he has lung cancer. With a new sense of fearlessness based on his medical prognosis, and a desire to gain financial security for his family, Walter White joins forces with an old student, Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul), in a quest that follows their entry into a dangerous world of drugs and crime.

I definitely recommend it :)

moonstorm
11-12-2013, 14:55
Cheers for that Dazzle. Definately looks good. Will give it a go! x

lizann
11-12-2013, 18:04
bates motel and broadchurch are good