PDA

View Full Version : Nikki and Debra to quit???????????/

Angeldelight
20-03-2005, 11:09
This is from the ITN website

Debra Stephenson and Nikki Sanderson, two of Coronation Street's top names, are reported to be quitting the soap.

Nikki, who plays Candice, has been quoted in a Sunday newspaper as saying: "My contract is up in September. At the end of the day, an actor's life is one where you do go from job to job. People understand it."

It has already been confirmed that her real-life boyfriend Danny Young - who plays Warren Baldwin - is leaving Corrie in July. Friends say the pair are so loved up that Nikki cannot bear to be parted from him.

Nikki also told the paper that her mate Debra - who plays Frankie Baldwin, the wife of Bradley Walsh's character Danny - is also quitting.

It seems she has been approached by at least three record labels following her success on Celebrity Fame Academy, and she wants to make a pop album in September.

Debra was quoted by the paper as saying: "I've had three offers since Fame Academy. I'm not going to turn this chance down. The idea is to get an album of songs together. I already have one I did for a hobby on the internet."