PDA

View Full Version : Rita Freeman (Chloe Howman)

Perdita
06-08-2013, 06:16
Casualty introduces another new character this weekend as Chloe Howman joins the show's cast.

The actress has landed the role of Rita Freeman, who is joining the nursing team in the Emergency Department.

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/32/618x759/soaps-casualty-chloe-howman-rita-freeman.jpg
Chloe Howman as Rita Freeman in Casualty
© BBC / Richard Ansett
Chloe Howman as Rita Freeman

As Rita prepares to leave home for her first shift in the ED, she is faced with an unexpected delay as her flat's ceiling suddenly caves in.

Heading upstairs to investigate, Rita soon discovers the reason for the collapse - her neighbour's hoarding has spiralled out of control.

Finding her neighbour Jane trapped and in distress, Rita calls for an ambulance and meets some of the hospital's team members a little sooner than she thought…
http://i2.cdnds.net/13/32/618x412/soaps-casualty-rita-freeman-adrian-fletch-fletcher.jpg
Rita and Fletch in Casualty
© BBC / Simon Ridgway
Rita and Fletch

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/32/618x414/soaps-casualty-rita-freeman-dixie.jpg
Rita and Dixie in Casualty
© BBC / Simon Ridgway
Rita and Dixie

Casualty continues on Saturday at 9.10pm on BBC One.

alan45
10-08-2013, 00:15
Casualty fans are introduced to new nurse Rita Freeman in tonight's episode (August 10) as she arrives on screen with a bang.

Actress Chloe Howman has taken on the role of Rita, who is faced with a dangerous ceiling collapse at home just as she is about to leave for her first day at work!

We caught up with Chloe this week to hear what fans can expect from the show's latest addition.

How well have you settled in to life at Casualty?
"Everybody has been very accommodating. The regular cast are very much a family with the way they're so warm and welcoming, so I've had no problems settling in at all. Pretending to be a nurse, on the other hand, isn't as easy as I thought it would be! Remembering lines while you're flushing fluids or taking blood pressure can be tricky, and everyone else on the show makes it look so easy. It's not as easy as it looks!"

What was the audition process like for Casualty?
"It was quite a long process and I think they saw a lot of people for the role. I had a couple of auditions and then I had a screen test with the lovely Patrick Robinson and Jane Hazlegrove, who play Ash and Dixie. Then I got the part, which was obviously great!"

What can we expect from Rita?
"Rita is good fun, she's feisty and very direct. She's also very compassionate, understanding and good with patients. Rita is good at her job as she's efficient in the workplace and doesn't suffer fools gladly! She knows what she's doing."

Your first scenes involve Rita's ceiling caving in at her flat on the morning of her first day at work! What can you tell us about that?
"It's definitely a very dramatic entrance! I don't want to give too much away as I want people to watch it, but it's very exciting and I couldn't have asked for a better way to join the show. Lots happens in the episode so I really hope people will tune in and enjoy it."

With Rita being so direct, could she make some enemies?
"Rita is direct, but she's likeable at the same time. She's a very fair person and she gets on with her colleagues. Rita isn't nasty and she never tries to get one up on somebody else. She sees what's in front of her very clearly and she's not afraid to speak her mind. I think it's never what you say, it's the way you say it, and Rita has got excellent communication skills. She's very good at voicing what needs to be voiced!"

Have you been told much about Rita's past? Could she have any secrets?
"Definitely! She has got a past and that will all come out later on in the series. Life hasn't been particularly easy for Rita, but then I don't think it is for anyone on this planet, is it? We all have our little journeys, and life is never simple. But Rita is strong and she firmly believes that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger."

Does Rita have a family or is she on her own?
"At the moment, she's on her own."

Have you had many gory scenes to deal with?
"I have, it's all quite graphic! The make-up artists are amazing and everything does look very real, so it's very easy to give an honest performance. A lot of the wounds that come to us on set look horrible - of course it's not real, but it would be easy to think that it was!"

How does Casualty compare to your previous work?
"I've done lots of work and had the privilege to work with some incredible actors over the years. I believe that continues into this workspace. With people like Jane Hazlegrove, Sunetra Sarker, Patrick Robinson and Matt Bardock, they're all very seasoned actors who had done an enormous amount of work before joining Casualty. It's great to be among them and I've been very lucky.

"In the past, I did a series called Life Begins with Caroline Quentin, Anne Reid and Frank Finlay. I've also done lots of one-off films for Channel 4 and ITV, and worked with some incredible people. That continues on the Casualty set."

Do you have anything special planned for when your first episode goes out?
"I think I'm going to sit quietly with my other half and children, and watch with a pillow over my face! I'm not brilliant at watching myself and I don't think any actor is, but it is important to. We need to make sure that our characters' journeys are translating on screen, so it's important to watch even though it's not always easy to!"

alan45
10-08-2013, 00:16
Casualty fans are introduced to new nurse Rita Freeman in tonight's episode (August 10) as she arrives on screen with a bang.

Actress Chloe Howman has taken on the role of Rita, who is faced with a dangerous ceiling collapse at home just as she is about to leave for her first day at work!

We caught up with Chloe this week to hear what fans can expect from the show's latest addition.

How well have you settled in to life at Casualty?
"Everybody has been very accommodating. The regular cast are very much a family with the way they're so warm and welcoming, so I've had no problems settling in at all. Pretending to be a nurse, on the other hand, isn't as easy as I thought it would be! Remembering lines while you're flushing fluids or taking blood pressure can be tricky, and everyone else on the show makes it look so easy. It's not as easy as it looks!"

What was the audition process like for Casualty?
"It was quite a long process and I think they saw a lot of people for the role. I had a couple of auditions and then I had a screen test with the lovely Patrick Robinson and Jane Hazlegrove, who play Ash and Dixie. Then I got the part, which was obviously great!"

What can we expect from Rita?
"Rita is good fun, she's feisty and very direct. She's also very compassionate, understanding and good with patients. Rita is good at her job as she's efficient in the workplace and doesn't suffer fools gladly! She knows what she's doing."

Your first scenes involve Rita's ceiling caving in at her flat on the morning of her first day at work! What can you tell us about that?
"It's definitely a very dramatic entrance! I don't want to give too much away as I want people to watch it, but it's very exciting and I couldn't have asked for a better way to join the show. Lots happens in the episode so I really hope people will tune in and enjoy it."

With Rita being so direct, could she make some enemies?
"Rita is direct, but she's likeable at the same time. She's a very fair person and she gets on with her colleagues. Rita isn't nasty and she never tries to get one up on somebody else. She sees what's in front of her very clearly and she's not afraid to speak her mind. I think it's never what you say, it's the way you say it, and Rita has got excellent communication skills. She's very good at voicing what needs to be voiced!"

Have you been told much about Rita's past? Could she have any secrets?
"Definitely! She has got a past and that will all come out later on in the series. Life hasn't been particularly easy for Rita, but then I don't think it is for anyone on this planet, is it? We all have our little journeys, and life is never simple. But Rita is strong and she firmly believes that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger."

Does Rita have a family or is she on her own?
"At the moment, she's on her own."

Have you had many gory scenes to deal with?
"I have, it's all quite graphic! The make-up artists are amazing and everything does look very real, so it's very easy to give an honest performance. A lot of the wounds that come to us on set look horrible - of course it's not real, but it would be easy to think that it was!"

How does Casualty compare to your previous work?
"I've done lots of work and had the privilege to work with some incredible actors over the years. I believe that continues into this workspace. With people like Jane Hazlegrove, Sunetra Sarker, Patrick Robinson and Matt Bardock, they're all very seasoned actors who had done an enormous amount of work before joining Casualty. It's great to be among them and I've been very lucky.

"In the past, I did a series called Life Begins with Caroline Quentin, Anne Reid and Frank Finlay. I've also done lots of one-off films for Channel 4 and ITV, and worked with some incredible people. That continues on the Casualty set."

Do you have anything special planned for when your first episode goes out?
"I think I'm going to sit quietly with my other half and children, and watch with a pillow over my face! I'm not brilliant at watching myself and I don't think any actor is, but it is important to. We need to make sure that our characters' journeys are translating on screen, so it's important to watch even though it's not always easy to!"

Katy
12-08-2013, 22:30
I really liked her !!

I don't know what I have seen her in but she looked really familiar!!