PDA

View Full Version : Truckers

tammyy2j
23-04-2013, 15:34
Stephen Tompkinson is to star in new BBC One drama Truckers.

The DCI Banks star will play the lead Malachi Davies in the five-part series from Made In Dagenham writer William Ivory.

Each episode of the show will follow a different worker at a haulage company who undergoes a life-changing journey.

"Occasionally in my career, I've been able to say an immediate yes to a project without seeing a script, simply because of the writer's name," said Tompkinson.

"Truckers is certainly up there with William Ivory's other celebrated works and it is indeed an honour to be a part of it and a genuine thrill to be bringing it to BBC One."

The BBC's Polly Hill, Head of Independent Drama, added: "We are thrilled to see Stephen Tompkinson back on the BBC. Billy's wonderful scripts are both emotional and funny, as they examine the truthfulness of modern life and relationships.

"Stephen will be a brilliant Malachi, and seeing him star in this original drama will be a real treat for our BBC One audience."

Truckers will start filming next month in Nottingham.

deadlydave
21-05-2013, 13:04
Stephen Tompkinson is to star in new BBC One drama Truckers.

The DCI Banks star will play the lead Malachi Davies in the five-part series from Made In Dagenham writer William Ivory.

Each episode of the show will follow a different worker at a haulage company who undergoes a life-changing journey.

"Occasionally in my career, I've been able to say an immediate yes to a project without seeing a script, simply because of the writer's name," said Tompkinson.

"Truckers is certainly up there with William Ivory's other celebrated works and it is indeed an honour to be a part of it and a genuine thrill to be bringing it to BBC One."

The BBC's Polly Hill, Head of Independent Drama, added: "We are thrilled to see Stephen Tompkinson back on the BBC. Billy's wonderful scripts are both emotional and funny, as they examine the truthfulness of modern life and relationships.

"Stephen will be a brilliant Malachi, and seeing him star in this original drama will be a real treat for our BBC One audience."

Truckers will start filming next month in Nottingham.

I personally really do rate Tompkinson. Think he is a great wee actor who can play a vary of roles. Looking forward to this one.

tammyy2j
07-10-2013, 20:57
BBC One’s new 5 episode dramedy series Truckers will premiere on Thursday October 10th at 9pm, it has been announced.
Created by William Ivory, Truckers has been described as a bitter-sweet character-driven show about getting by in difficult times. The series follows a rogue’s gallery of irascible characters, men and women, all of whom work for the same haulage company driving 40 ton articulated lorries across the Midlands. In each episode a trucker undergoes a life changing journey and the audience is taken along for the ride. The series is produced by Company Pictures and stars Stephen Tompkinson (DCI Banks), Ashley Walters (Inside Men), John Dagleish (Lark Rise To Candleford), Harry Treadaway (Control), Sian Breckin (Donkey Punch) and Jenn Murray (The Fades).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TUERTdMK2VU

tammyy2j
07-10-2013, 20:57