PDA

View Full Version : The Following

deadlydave
13-04-2013, 04:34
is there a thread anywhere on 'The Following' does anyone know??

Dazzle
13-04-2013, 19:31
is there a thread anywhere on 'The Following' does anyone know??

There is now :D

Seriously, though, I don't think there's another thread on The Following.

Is it any good? I've got it taped, but haven't really fancied watching it yet. I've heard it's unnecessarily violent.

deadlydave
13-04-2013, 20:17
I actually think it is amazing!

Some like Kevin Bacon as an actor some say he is wooden. I think he plays an excellent role, i couldnt actually imagine anyone else playing the main role!

I dont want to spoil anything (just yet!) for you while you havent watched it! But i highly reccommend you do! so many twists and turns! Love the series!!!

Dazzle
13-04-2013, 20:55
I actually think it is amazing!

Some like Kevin Bacon as an actor some say he is wooden. I think he plays an excellent role, i couldnt actually imagine anyone else playing the main role!

I dont want to spoil anything (just yet!) for you while you havent watched it! But i highly reccommend you do! so many twists and turns! Love the series!!!

I like Kevin Bacon (and James Purefoy) which is why I've been taping it. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll try and watch it soon :)

tammyy2j
13-04-2013, 23:13
Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy have great chemistry and work well together some of the plot becomes far fetched but it is enjoyable

deadlydave
13-04-2013, 23:16
Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy have great chemistry and work well together some of the plot becomes far fetched but it is enjoyable

Is it far fetched though? When you think about the story and the amount of planning in the whole thing i would actually deem it to be really quite possible for someone to carry out that plot, with such planning in it. Very good chemistry in thecasting of both actors. Something possibly to challenge 24 and Homeland possibly for viewing figures.

Brucie
18-04-2013, 15:33
As much as I like the Following, I have to say that it would be immeasurably better if the FBI weren't being portrayed as incredibly stupid. That's where it gets far fetched - James Purefoy and his rag tag bunch of nutters have been running rings around the FBI. It seems like only Kevin Bacon's character is capable of killing a bad guy, whereas any bad guy/girl is more than capable of taking out one or two FBI agents. For this reason it doesn't bear comparison with 24 and Homeland.

lizann
18-04-2013, 21:49
As much as I like the Following, I have to say that it would be immeasurably better if the FBI weren't being portrayed as incredibly stupid. That's where it gets far fetched - James Purefoy and his rag tag bunch of nutters have been running rings around the FBI. It seems like only Kevin Bacon's character is capable of killing a bad guy, whereas any bad guy/girl is more than capable of taking out one or two FBI agents. For this reason it doesn't bear comparison with 24 and Homeland.

even joe's son is smarter than the fbi

lizann
18-04-2013, 21:49

even joe's son is smarter than the fbi

deadlydave
04-05-2013, 16:34

Totally have to agree with you there Brucie, homeland/24 tip it to the post when it comes to the intelligence of the FBI. But the grip factor of it i think beats 24. I think homeland has spread the story along as in we totally dont know which way Brodie in Homeland will play it where as we have totally seen where Joe is going with The Following. Still loving it though....

Brucie
07-05-2013, 16:42
They certainly kept the killing going right up to the end! I reckon that "you know who" will be causing mayhem again in season 2, despite having been declared dead by the hapless FBI!

lizann
08-05-2013, 00:31
no way is joe dead if he is the show is dead

lizann
24-01-2014, 00:54
good to see it is back with the new creepy twins