PDA

View Full Version : Neighbours theme tune

alan45
18-03-2013, 01:05
The search for a new solo singer for the Neighbours theme tune has entered a new stage today (March 18) as Channel 5 has revealed the top five UK finalists.

As announced last month, the Ashes-style 'Neighbours Remixed' competition is pitting Britain against Australia in a hunt for a new vocalist to record a revamped version of the iconic theme song.

The five UK contenders who have made it through to the next stage are musical theatre actor Daniel Boys from Hampshire, Carl Davis from Liverpool, Harry Goff from Reading, Rebecca Carter from Cheltenham and Victoria Beaumont from London.

Channel 5 will now invite the British public to pick an overall UK winner, who will fly to Melbourne and face a head-to-head sing-off with the Australian winning representative.

Each finalist's entry will be played over Neighbours' current opening title sequence on Channel 5 this week.

Once all five have been broadcast, the public will be invited to choose their favourite singer in an online poll and the finalist with the most votes will head down under for the sing-off.

Greg Barnett, Channel 5's Commissioning Editor for Entertainment, Daytime and Soaps, said: "I'm delighted we had such interest and support for 'Neighbours Remixed'. We had a very hard job whittling the entrants down to our top five, but each of them would bring something unique and special to the Neighbours theme, and I'm convinced any of our finalists could beat the Aussies!"

All five finalists' entries can be found at the 'Neighbours Remixed' website, where the public can also back their favourite when voting opens at 5.35pm on Friday, March 22.

Perdita
26-03-2013, 15:06
The original singer of the Neighbours theme music has joined the judging panel for the 'Neighbours Remixed' competition.

Barry Crocker, who sang over the opening titles between 1985 and 1992, will join forces with the soap's executive producer Richard Jasek and music director Chris Pettifer to help decide a winner of the contest.

Launched last month, 'Neighbours Remixed' is an Ashes-style competition which pits Brits against Aussies in the search for a brand new soloist for the programme's theme.

Crocker told the show's official website: "The Neighbours theme song is iconically Australian and recognised around the world. Having sung the original theme song 28 years ago, I am delighted to be involved in finding the next voice of Neighbours."

With ten finalists still in the running, fans in the UK and Australia are currently voting for who will represent their country in the final round.

The two winning representatives will meet in Melbourne next month and go head-to-head in a sing-off, judged by Crocker, Jasek and Pettifer.

The overall winner will feature on a revised version of the Neighbours opening titles, which make their debut on screen next month

Perdita
08-04-2013, 18:44
Neighbour's new theme tune singers Daniel Boys and Stephanie Angelini are seen receiving the result of the 'Neighbours Remixed' competition in this behind-the-scenes video.

As announced earlier today, Boys and Angelini will both feature as a duet on the soap's opening and closing titles following a surprise tie in the singing contest.

Neighbours' executive producer Richard Jasek said today: "Both Stephanie and Daniel have exquisite voices and together created a harmony which took us all by surprise. We couldn't let the opportunity go to put these extraordinary performers together, and the end result has far exceeded all expectations." The new Neighbours theme tune and revamped opening titles make their debut next Monday (April 15) on Australian broadcasts.[/video]

Neighbours' executive producer Richard Jasek said today: "Both Stephanie and Daniel have exquisite voices and together created a harmony which took us all by surprise. We couldn't let the opportunity go to put these extraordinary performers together, and the end result has far exceeded all expectations."

The new Neighbours theme tune and revamped opening titles make their debut next Monday (April 15) on Australian broadcasts.

Perdita
15-04-2013, 09:53
The winner of the Neighbours Remixed competition has been tipped for a cameo role in the soap.

UK winner Daniel Boys will be unveiled today as the new singer of the show's official theme song. He won the competition in a tie with Australian representative Stephanie Angelini. As a result, they will now feature as a duet on the opening and closing titles of the long-running soap.

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/14/618x456/showbiz-daniel-boys.jpg
© PA Images / Matt Crossick/EMPICS Entertainment
Daniel Boys

Boys, a former contestant on BBC One's Any Dream Will Do, has since revealed that winning the competition has made him keen to have an acting part on the soap.

Speaking to the Daily Star, he said: "I've loved Neighbours since I was kid and to sing the official theme tune is a dream come true.

"When I visited Ramsay Street I dropped lots of hints about actually appearing on the show too. I've always wanted to be on it.

"And to my surprise a few people said it was a good idea. So watch this space. You might see me propping up the bar in Lassiters."

The new Neighbours theme tune will debut today at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Naughty Girl
28-04-2013, 22:29
i not keen on the new theme :( out of tune :D