PDA

View Full Version : New neighbours sets revealed

Mirjam
08-03-2013, 08:47
Neighbours producers have revealed new sets for the Australian soap which are part of an AU$1 million (£682,931) revamp on the show.

The makeover, which was paid for by production company FremantleMedia Australia, will see the introduction of three full-size backyards for numbers 22, 26 and 32 Ramsay Street.

CEO of Fremantle Ian Hogg told TV Tonight: "Neighbours is all about families and communities. At the centre of that is the Great Australian Dream, our homes, our backyards and our BBQs.

"We've taken the homes of Ramsay Street and we've relocated them a couple of hundred metres down the road. What that does is allow us to [build] sets.

"It's probably the biggest change to Neighbours that I can remember in a very, very long time. It's a big investment and I know for the writers it gives them greater flexibility and ultimately these programmes are about great stories and great casts."

The change, Hogg said, would "see the return on air with the fabulous production values of this show."

The rear gardens will first appear on screen in May this year.

Source: Digital Spy

Perdita
08-03-2013, 09:12
Not a spoiler, could a MOD please move it to General, thank you

Mirjam
08-03-2013, 09:15
Sorry, I thought all stories re Neighbours were posted here. My apologies.

Perdita
08-03-2013, 09:17
there are 2 threads for each soap .. Spoilers and General :)

Mirjam
08-03-2013, 09:19
Me being very blonde, I have this page set up as my favorite so never go to the other one :)

Perdita
08-03-2013, 09:24
Well, now you know you better set the General section up as favourite too :)

Mirjam
08-03-2013, 09:41
Will do, but the spoiler section remains my favorite :)

Perdita
30-04-2013, 11:38
Neighbours tar Alan Fletcher has praised the recent changes to the soap.

Producers recently revealed new sets for the Australian serial which are part of an AU$1 million (£682,931) revamp on the show.

Fletcher, who plays Ramsay Street's Karl Kennedy, said the set changes mean they can film more scenes outside.

Speaking to The West Australian, the actor said: "It means that we don't have to travel anywhere to get to the backyards, they're literally just out the door.

"We can completely control the environment because we're not actually in someone else's backyard so we can actually make it look and feel however we want.

"It gives us an opportunity to work outdoors more often because that's what the audiences want, they want to see the Australian outdoors, the blue sky, they want to see the backyards where people live."

He continued: "We were able to make them look really modern and flash with beautiful swimming pools and spa baths and things that the actual backyards don't necessarily have down on Ramsay Street."

Fletcher, who will have been on the show for 20 years next year, also revealed that he has no plans to leave at the moment.

He said: "I am planning to hang around for quite a while longer because I do love it too much. We're talking at the moment about a continuation."

LostVoodoo
01-05-2013, 12:27
Speaking of the sets, what is that house the Mason's are living in? I think it's supposed to be Tash and her dad's old house they're renting off him, but it looks completely different! Where did that kitchen come from?!