PDA

View Full Version : Our Girl

Perdita
07-03-2013, 14:39
Day and time to be confirmed
BBC ONE

Molly Dawes left school with no qualifications and has ended up working in a local nail bar. She can see her mother, tired to the bone and now pregnant with her sixth child. She can see her father, depressed and angry since losing his job and now finding solace in a pint glass. She feels that life should amount to a whole lot more than that.
On the evening of her 18th birthday, she finds herself drunk and throwing up in the doorway of an Army Recruitment Office. She looks up and sees her reflection in the glass. She looks a mess. She looks into the body of the office and sees a life sized model of an Army girl. The Army girl is everything that Molly isn't but wants to be - respected.

The following morning Molly steels herself sufficiently to go into the Army Recruitment Office. After completing an aptitude test, a letter arrives inviting her to go on a two-day assessment course to see if she is a suitable candidate for basic training. This is the first thing she feels she has ever succeeded at in her life.

During the two-day visit, she finds it hard to settle. She is a wild child and refuses to be tamed. On the surface she is exactly the type of person the Army would not want, but they see some potential in her. If that potential can be harnessed they think she could be an asset to the service but ultimately it is up to Molly to find it within herself to complete the training and turn her life around...

Cast: Lacey Turner plays Molly Dawes, Matthew McNulty plays Corporal Geddings, Sean Gallagher plays Dave Dawes, Kerry Godliman plays Belinda Dawes, Katherine Pearce plays Katy, Dan Black plays Artan, Frieda Thiel plays Proud Mary, Vanessa Babirye plays Sharon, Cecilia Noble plays Elizabeth, Steven Miliier plays Corporal Leech, Stuart Wade plays Corporal Brammer, Fiona Skinner plays Corporal Richards, Lucy Briers plays Major O’Brien, Dominic Jephcott plays Major Hart, Branwell Donaghey plays Sergeant Adams, Modupe Adeyeye plays Jayne King, Laura Kirman plays Lauren, Beth-Zienna Williams plays Di, Harry Ferrier plays Chris Ingrams, Ciaran Clancy plays Alex, Philip Wright plays Mr Frewin, Teresa Churcher plays Mrs Frewin, David Ryall plays George, Paul Fox plays Sergeant Lamont.

Shall be watching this

tammyy2j
20-03-2013, 20:11
I think this airs next week

Katy
31-03-2013, 12:55
Did anyone watch this, I thought it was good and there was good performances by Lacey Turner, she does do emotion really well. I just didn't think that the story was convincing at all times.

I did enjoy it though,

Katy
31-03-2013, 12:55
Did anyone watch this, I thought it was good and there was good performances by Lacey Turner, she does do emotion really well. I just didn't think that the story was convincing at all times.

I did enjoy it though,

deadlydave
01-04-2013, 07:48
Thinking it could be a good wee series but is it another Soldier, Soldier or Tamzin Outhwaite "Redcap" style???

tammyy2j
20-09-2014, 21:18
The first full season of BBC One’s Our Girl will premiere on Sunday September 21st at 9pm, it has been announced.

Initially piloted as a 90 minute drama last year, Our Girl tells the story of East Londoner Molly Dawes, who joins the British Army as a medic. Molly Dawes is over the moon when she is sent to Afghanistan on one of the army’s final deployments. But when she arrives she quickly learns that she needs to prove herself to her new platoon. More than once she fails to make a good impression – but worse still, she has to deal with Smurf, an old flame who is part of the regiment and who is making her life harder than it should be. and her demanding commanding officer Captain James. The series is produced by BBC Drama production and stars Lacey Turner, Iwan Rheon and Ben Aldridge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTCjMNWKT9w&feature=player_detailpage

lizann
21-09-2014, 23:46
is matthew mcnulty in the series?

lizann
21-06-2015, 00:25
michelle keegan replacing lacey as lead

Dazzle
21-06-2015, 15:05
michelle keegan replacing lacey as lead

Congratulations to Michelle!

lizann
21-06-2015, 15:33
lacey should stick with this as her storylines in eastenders haven't been great since her return

Kim
21-06-2015, 17:56
I hope EastEnders start giving Lacey better material to work with now as it sounds as though it was her choice not to return to Our Girl for another series. She could have easily started yo-yoing in and out of EastEnders like some fellow cast members.

lizann
21-06-2015, 20:03
I hope EastEnders start giving Lacey better material to work with now as it sounds as though it was her choice not to return to Our Girl for another series. She could have easily started yo-yoing in and out of EastEnders like some fellow cast members.

another affair with her mate's fella riveting stuff in eastenders for her

tammyy2j
22-06-2015, 18:26
It is a shame Lacey isn't returning

tammyy2j
23-08-2016, 16:40
https://youtu.be/Xcdy5HkD6R0

Season 2 launches at 9pm on Wednesday 7 September on BBC One

Perdita
09-09-2016, 14:33
Episode 1

Captain James (Ben Aldridge) and 2 Section are horrified to hear what has happened to Georgie (Michelle Keegan) - and the situation soon takes a turn for the worse.

Will the team get to her in time?

lizann
05-10-2017, 23:04
series 3 starts on tuesday october 10th at 9pm

lizann
04-03-2020, 23:28
Will Attenborough (Major Crimes), Nico Mirallegro (My Mad Fat Diary), Kaine Zajaz (Informer), Amy-Leigh Hickman (Ackley Bridge), Josh Bowman (Time After Time), Nabil Elouahabi (The Night Of) Nebras Jamali (The Looming Tower), Badria Timini (Unforgotten) and Danny-Boy Hatchard (EastEnders) have joined show’s 4th season

hward
05-03-2020, 00:25
Thanks, will no doubt be watching, but I still think series 1 was best

lizann
05-03-2020, 00:49
Thanks, will no doubt be watching, but I still think series 1 was best

yes it was with molly