PDA

View Full Version : Mayday

tammyy2j
01-03-2013, 21:57
Mayday is a brand new drama for BBC One, starring Sophie Okonedo, Aidan Gillen, Peter Firth and Lesley Manville. It was written by Ben Court and Caroline Ip (Whitechapel) and directed by Brian Welsh (Black Mirror, In Our Name).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j2U6jIUdrQs

lizann
02-03-2013, 01:03
this is suppose to be like the killing which i enjoyed

Brucie
07-03-2013, 10:28
this is suppose to be like the killing which i enjoyed

That's what the publicity said, but whilst the killing was good, this is rubbish - stretched out over 5 days with virtuallly nothing moving on each day." Mayday" is an internationally recognised distress signal, as now used by the viewers of this turgid affair!

Dazzle
07-03-2013, 11:37
That's what the publicity said, but whilst the killing was good, this is rubbish - stretched out over 5 days with virtuallly nothing moving on each day." Mayday" is an internationally recognised distress signal, as now used by the viewers of this turgid affair!

I'm really enjoying Mayday. It is a slow-burner, but I prefer a psychological thriller to something action-packed, personally.

I'm also rather fond of Aiden Gillen :wub:, so that's another plus point!

moonstorm
07-03-2013, 11:48
Rather fond!! The man is sex on legs! Do you remember him from "As Queer as Folk" or is that before your time Dazzle? Mayday is good but a wee bit slow for my liking.

Dazzle
07-03-2013, 12:07
Rather fond!! The man is sex on legs! Do you remember him from "As Queer as Folk" or is that before your time Dazzle? Mayday is good but a wee bit slow for my liking.

I used to love, love, LOVE Queer as Folk - it was where I first saw and fell in love with Aiden Gillen :)

Dazzle
07-03-2013, 12:07

tammyy2j
07-03-2013, 14:04
I used to love, love, LOVE Queer as Folk - it was where I first saw and fell in love with Aiden Gillen :)

He is Irish and I never knew that till a friend of mine told me as they watched him on The Wire

Perdita
07-03-2013, 14:35
Although I like Aiden Gillen as eye candy I just did not take to the show

Chloe O'brien
08-03-2013, 22:41

Oh Moonie you're my kind of girl when it comes to men. "Aidan Gillen" stunning man. He was brilliant as Stuart Jones in QAF. It's one of the reasons I watched Mayday because he was in it. I did enjoy it but I also felt a bit short-changed as I was convinced that Fiona the policewoman was the killer and not her husband that would have made it more realistic, as it would have tied up a lot of loose questions on how the rest of the village were involved. As my theory was that Aidan Gillen's character had a fling with Fiona 20 years earlier then dumped her, she's never forgiven him and she's murdered Hattie because she found out he's had a fling with her. She murders Hattie and leaves her in the lake in the woods. Peter Firth's character has seen them in the woods and been playing with himself while watching. Linus see's this and blackmails him. Seth finds Hattie in the water and drags her up the tree to dry but he's off his trolley so he thinks he's the murderer. But know they go with a plot about paganism and decided to have the copper as the murderer just because Hattie cursed him by saying he would be impotent after he tried to come on to her. Good drama rubbish ending.

Chloe O'brien
08-03-2013, 22:41

Oh Moonie you're my kind of girl when it comes to men. "Aidan Gillen" stunning man. He was brilliant as Stuart Jones in QAF. It's one of the reasons I watched Mayday because he was in it. I did enjoy it but I also felt a bit short-changed as I was convinced that Fiona the policewoman was the killer and not her husband that would have made it more realistic, as it would have tied up a lot of loose questions on how the rest of the village were involved. As my theory was that Aidan Gillen's character had a fling with Fiona 20 years earlier then dumped her, she's never forgiven him and she's murdered Hattie because she found out he's had a fling with her. She murders Hattie and leaves her in the lake in the woods. Peter Firth's character has seen them in the woods and been playing with himself while watching. Linus see's this and blackmails him. Seth finds Hattie in the water and drags her up the tree to dry but he's off his trolley so he thinks he's the murderer. But know they go with a plot about paganism and decided to have the copper as the murderer just because Hattie cursed him by saying he would be impotent after he tried to come on to her. Good drama rubbish ending.

JustJodi
08-03-2013, 23:48
Ok Ok I had to actually go back and find out who the bejezus u guys were talking about, sex on legs???? I found him a bit too SLEAZY for my taste,, but to each their own LOLI actually thought young Linus was cute :-) I agree it was a good drama but lousy ending.....

Chloe O'brien
08-03-2013, 23:51
Oh Jodi he's no sleazy. He's got lovely eyes and if you seen Queer as Folk you would just fall in love with him. On the subject of sex on legs I'm watching Red Dragon with Edward Norton. Another stunning man.

Katy
09-03-2013, 14:41
I have all these recorded. Going to definitely watch it now if Aiden Gillen is in it!!