PDA

View Full Version : Holby City Spoilers 8th January

alan45
10-12-2012, 06:52
Holby City bosses have announced that the show has filmed a special episode in Sweden.

Jac Naylor (Rosie Marcel) and Henrik Hanssen (Guy Henry) will take centre stage in the on-location scenes, as Jac is sent on a mission to discover exactly what has happened to the hospital's rogue leader.

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/49/618x412/soaps-holby-city-henrik-hanssen-jac-naylor-stockholm.jpg
© BBC

Pictured: Rosie Marcel and Guy Henry on location.

The storyline begins when Jac is told that Hanssen is in his native Stockholm and is blocking a financial offer from a Swedish pharmaceutical company that would pump £40 million into Holby.

Jac is instructed to track down Hanssen and find out why he is sabotaging such a lucrative opportunity for the hospital.

A Holby City statement explained: "What follows is a story exploring Hanssen's past, discovering why he has been missing for the past few months, and also looks towards his future and whether he will indeed return to Holby City Hospital."

Back at Holby, the episode also shows that Luc Hemingway (Joseph Millson) is haunted by events from the past. Despite Michael and Sacha's best efforts, he seems to be heading off the rails, but whether he can face his fears and get back on track remains to be seen.

Holby City's consultant series producer Justin Young commented: "We are very excited and proud to announce one of the most ambitious episodes Holby's ever made.

"With extraordinary performances and a stunning visual backdrop, it's an epic, cinematic episode which takes viewers on what we hope will be an unforgettable journey to the very heart of our two most enigmatic characters: Luc Hemingway and Henrik Hanssen.

"It's a story about love, confronting the past, and - for one of our characters - new beginnings."

Holby City airs the episode on Tuesday, January 8 at 8pm on BBC One.

alan45
09-01-2013, 00:23
Holby City star Joseph Millson has left the show after a year in the role of Luc Hemingway.

Luc made his final appearance on the BBC medical drama this evening (January 8) as he vowed to go travelling, with hints that he was heading to India for a reunion with Eddi McKee (Sarah-Jane Potts).

Millson said today: "I enjoyed every moment of my time on Holby City. I believe it is a greatly underappreciated gem in the BBC's crown. Every single department excels, and at its best - tonight's 'Hanssen/Hemingway' episode for example - the writing and production are as good as ANY single dramas out there.

"I am long enough in the tooth to know how rare really perfect working environments are, and the set of AAU was a playground that I ran to every morning.

"I can't find the words to say how I loved working with all the cast and crew, and the gift that it was to work so much with the wonderful Sarah-Jane Potts."

He continued: "Luc was the most three dimensional of characters and I thank the writers for him. He is so different from me and although a troubled soul, he was and will continue to be an inspiration to me in real life.

"I sincerely hope he might find his way back into the world of Holby again one day. That would be nice. Thank you to everyone who enjoyed it and supported Luc and 'Leddi'. As they say; 'it's been real'."

Meanwhile, Holby City's consultant series producer Justin Young paid tribute to Millson for his work on the programme.

Young said: "We were hugely sad to say goodbye to Joe. We loved collaborating with him on the complex, unpredictable, brilliant Luc Hemingway and we will really miss him.

"The audience response to Luc, and to the Luc-Eddi story, has been absolutely phenomenal, and we were so pleased that we were able to give them the hope of a happy ending after all.

"It feels all too soon to say goodbye to Joe, but we are leaving the door wide open, and hopefully Luc's caravan might return to Holby again some day."

Luc first appeared on Holby City in November 2011. Show bosses did not officially announce his exit until now to give viewers an element of surprise with tonight's special episode.

alan45
09-01-2013, 00:23
Holby City star Joseph Millson has left the show after a year in the role of Luc Hemingway.

Luc made his final appearance on the BBC medical drama this evening (January 8) as he vowed to go travelling, with hints that he was heading to India for a reunion with Eddi McKee (Sarah-Jane Potts).

Millson said today: "I enjoyed every moment of my time on Holby City. I believe it is a greatly underappreciated gem in the BBC's crown. Every single department excels, and at its best - tonight's 'Hanssen/Hemingway' episode for example - the writing and production are as good as ANY single dramas out there.

"I am long enough in the tooth to know how rare really perfect working environments are, and the set of AAU was a playground that I ran to every morning.

"I can't find the words to say how I loved working with all the cast and crew, and the gift that it was to work so much with the wonderful Sarah-Jane Potts."

He continued: "Luc was the most three dimensional of characters and I thank the writers for him. He is so different from me and although a troubled soul, he was and will continue to be an inspiration to me in real life.

"I sincerely hope he might find his way back into the world of Holby again one day. That would be nice. Thank you to everyone who enjoyed it and supported Luc and 'Leddi'. As they say; 'it's been real'."

Meanwhile, Holby City's consultant series producer Justin Young paid tribute to Millson for his work on the programme.

Young said: "We were hugely sad to say goodbye to Joe. We loved collaborating with him on the complex, unpredictable, brilliant Luc Hemingway and we will really miss him.

"The audience response to Luc, and to the Luc-Eddi story, has been absolutely phenomenal, and we were so pleased that we were able to give them the hope of a happy ending after all.

"It feels all too soon to say goodbye to Joe, but we are leaving the door wide open, and hopefully Luc's caravan might return to Holby again some day."

Luc first appeared on Holby City in November 2011. Show bosses did not officially announce his exit until now to give viewers an element of surprise with tonight's special episode.