PDA

View Full Version : Larry Hagman has died

alan45
24-11-2012, 04:56
LARRY Hagman — Dallas legend JR Ewing — died last night aged 81.

The actor’s closest co-stars, Linda Gray and Patrick Duffy, who played wife Sue Ellen and brother Bobby, were at his bedside in a Dallas hospital.
Linda’s agent Jeffrey Lane said: “Linda was with him.
“They had been friends for 35 years and they had worked together for many years so obviously it is devastating.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01626/pic2_1626003a.jpg Dallas days ... Patrick, left, with Larry and cast
Copyright CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.

“She called and told me. She sounded very sad.”
Larry was in the middle of filming the Dallas comeback series.
A spokesman for Hagman said the family were “devastated”.
Larry had a lifesaving liver transplant in August 1995 and had battled cancer. But he had been optimistic about the future and told how he was fighting the condition by becoming a vegan.
The dramatic moment when his Dallas character was gunned down in his office in 1980 inspired the legendary phrase “Who shot JR?”.
Sue Ellen’s sister Kristin Shepard — played by Mary Crosby — was unmasked as the killer in an episode watched by 350million viewers worldwide.
Linda said last night: “Larry Hagman was my best friend for 35 years.
“He was the Pied Piper of life and brought joy to everyone who knew him. He was creative, generous, funny, loving and talented. I’ll miss him enormously.”
Larry was born in Fort Worth, Texas, in 1931. His mother Mary Martin was a star of Broadway. He married Swedish-born Maj Axelsson in 1954 and the couple had two children — Heidi Kristina and Preston.
Larry openly admitted to alcohol problems during his life and would often drink champagne on set.
His relationship with the bottle led to his 1995 liver transplant. His wife was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s in 2008.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4662933/jr-star-larry-hagman-dead.html#ixzz2D6l6Gq7w

lizann
24-11-2012, 16:06
ah jesus the new show wont do well without him he created such a legend in JR - Rest In Peace Larry

Perdita
24-11-2012, 17:12
Larry Hagman best known for his iconic role as oil baron JR Ewing on Dallas, died yesterday (November 23) at the age of 81.

Born in Fort Worth, Texas, in 1931, the actor was the son of actress and Broadway star Mary Martin and attorney Ben Hagman. He lived with his grandmother in Los Angeles after his father left the family home when Larry was 5. His mother was often away touring.

A mischievousness child, he moved around various private schools before making his debut on the New York theatre scene in the early 1950s. He later starred in South Pacific on London's West End alongside his mother, before serving in the Air Force from 1952 to '56, stationed in London.

It was there that he met and married Swedish designer Maj Axelsson. The couple had two children, Preston and Heidi, and resided in Malibu.

Hagman soon returned to acting with his first recurring role as a lawyer on daytime soap The Edge of Night (1961-63). His first real taste of TV fame came on the NBC comedy I Dream of Jeannie, in which he played astronaut Captain Tony Nelson from 1965 to '70.

Stints in short-lived sitcoms The Good Life (NBC, 1971-72) and Here We Go Again (ABC, 1973) and roles in several TV movies followed, but it was his portrayal of JR Ewing in the CBS drama Dallas from April 1978 to May 1991 that made him an international star.

The show was a huge hit, attracting record ratings as audiences across the globe tuned in to see the latest exploits of the Ewings. In November 1980, over 350 million viewers watched worldwide to find out Who Shot JR.

Hagman's 2001 memoir Hello Darlin': Tall (and Absolutely True) Tales about My Life revealed the full extent of his battle with alcoholism. He had been diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver in 1992 and had a liver transplant three years later.

He more recently scored cameos in Nip/Tuck and Desperate Housewives, before resuming his role as JR in the new series of Dallas earlier this year.

Hagman revealed in October 2011 that he had been diagnosed with a "very common and treatable form" of cancer, but sadly passed away in his "beloved" Dallas following complications from the disease.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/s203/dallas/news/a440601/larry-hagman-1931-2012-obituary-for-dallas-jr-ewing-star.html#ixzz2D9nvXY9I

tammyy2j
25-11-2012, 01:15
R. I. P.

Chloe O'brien
25-11-2012, 01:23
I only heard about this on the news tonight. I was watching the last ever CSI Miami and afterwards the announcer said that tomorrow night they would be showing Larry's last interview about the return of Dallas. I thought that's strange because the tv mag says Dirty Harry's on tomorrow night. That's when I knew he had died. I turned it over to watch the news on ITV to have it confirmed.What a great loss this is. I was a huge Dallas fan when it was on the first time round. Never missed an episode in our house. J.R. was my and everyone's favourite character. He was fabulous. R.I.P Larry

Lomax
26-11-2012, 16:25
Dallas just won't be the same without JR.
R.I.P Larry

alan45
27-11-2012, 16:37
You seem to be obsessed with N Fan,there is obviously something wrong with you.The only trolls on this forum are alan45 and parkerman.I do not appreciate that you have insulted my R.I.P to a great actor like Larry Hagman,I hope you are proud of yourself.

School's out.

Give it up N Fan we are wise to you.

alan45
27-11-2012, 16:37
You seem to be obsessed with N Fan,there is obviously something wrong with you.The only trolls on this forum are alan45 and parkerman.I do not appreciate that you have insulted my R.I.P to a great actor like Larry Hagman,I hope you are proud of yourself.

School's out.

Give it up N Fan we are wise to you.

parkerman
27-11-2012, 16:51
Goodbye N.Fan.