PDA

View Full Version : New Tricks Series 10

Perdita
15-11-2012, 06:27
Nicholas Lyndhurst is to join the cast of popular BBC drama New Tricks.

The Only Fools and Horses star will debut in the crime drama's tenth series, according to the Radio Times.

Original stars Amanda Redman and Alun Armstrong are both set to exit the programme, following the departure earlier this year of James Bolam (Jack Halford).

"I am thrilled to have been asked to join New Tricks," Lyndhurst said in a statement. "I have always admired the clever mixture of charm, wit and intelligence the show brings to its audience, and feel very flattered to be part of the BBC's top drama series."

Exec producer Richard Burrell added: "I think that the audience are going to have great fun watching him as a new member of the anarchic UCOS team, ensuring that solving cases for the Met is never dull. We can't wait to start working with him."

In addition to his famous role as Rodney Trotter on Only Fools and Horses, 51-year-old Lyndhurst has starred in BBC Two sitcom Butterflies and time-travel comedy Goodnight Sweetheart.

His most recent TV role was in Only Fools prequel Rock & Chips, in which he played Rodney's father Freddie 'The Frog' Robdal.

moonstorm
15-11-2012, 08:38
Filming is about to start on a new 10-part series of New Tricks.

The series starts with a two-parter being filmed in Gibraltar with the arrival of Nicholas Lyndhurst as a new recruit to Detective Superintendent Sandra Pullman’s team of retired police officers reinvestigating the Met’s unsolved crimes.

Nicholas Lyndhurst’s career has spanned nearly 40 years in some of the Britain’s best-loved television shows, from Only Fools And Horses and Butterflies to David Copperfield, After You’ve Gone, Goodnight Sweetheart and Rock & Chips.

The actor said: “I am thrilled to have been asked to join New Tricks. I have always admired the clever mixture of charm, wit, and intelligence the show brings to its audience, and feel very flattered to be part of the BBC’s top drama series.”

Executive Producer Richard Burrell said: “We are very excited to have Nicholas joining the cast of New Tricks. I think that the audience are going to have great fun watching him as a new member of the anarchic UCOS team ensuring that solving cases for the Met is never dull. We can't wait to start working with him."

They are filming in Gib at the end of the month - when I am in SCOTLAND! Nothing ever happens in Gib, then we get this and I am going to miss it! Not fair.

moonstorm
15-11-2012, 08:38
Filming is about to start on a new 10-part series of New Tricks.

The series starts with a two-parter being filmed in Gibraltar with the arrival of Nicholas Lyndhurst as a new recruit to Detective Superintendent Sandra Pullman’s team of retired police officers reinvestigating the Met’s unsolved crimes.

Nicholas Lyndhurst’s career has spanned nearly 40 years in some of the Britain’s best-loved television shows, from Only Fools And Horses and Butterflies to David Copperfield, After You’ve Gone, Goodnight Sweetheart and Rock & Chips.

The actor said: “I am thrilled to have been asked to join New Tricks. I have always admired the clever mixture of charm, wit, and intelligence the show brings to its audience, and feel very flattered to be part of the BBC’s top drama series.”

Executive Producer Richard Burrell said: “We are very excited to have Nicholas joining the cast of New Tricks. I think that the audience are going to have great fun watching him as a new member of the anarchic UCOS team ensuring that solving cases for the Met is never dull. We can't wait to start working with him."

They are filming in Gib at the end of the month - when I am in SCOTLAND! Nothing ever happens in Gib, then we get this and I am going to miss it! Not fair.