PDA

View Full Version : Hunted (previously known as Nemesis)

N.Fan
01-09-2012, 17:28
New 8-part international espionage series from the makers of Spooks.Which will air towards the end of 2012.

Nemesis centres around Sam,a member of an elite private intelligence firm who survives an assassination attempt that may have been ordered by her colleagues.

Sam is played by Grey's Anatomy and Alias actor Melisa George.Mistressess actor Adam Rayner features as Sam's colleague and love intrest.

Caspiant
25-09-2012, 16:03
Starts Thurs 4th Oct BBC1 9:00pm

Perdita
25-09-2012, 16:13
Confirmed for BBC One on 4 October at 9.00pm to 10.00pm

Episode One:

Mort. Sam Hunter, an operative for the elite private intelligence and security firm Byzantium, is finishing a mission in Tangier when an attempt on her life leaves her critically injured. Not knowing who tried to kill her, she disappears to a remote location to recover, regroup and retrain.
Returning to work unannounced nearly a year later, Sam surprises her co-workers, who are suspicious about her disappearance, especially Aidan Marsh, her secret lover. Her bosses, Rupert Keel and Deacon Crane, retain doubts about her, but need their best agent for an important new assignment. The team devises a plan to have Sam infiltrate a family headed by powerful millionaire Jack Turner, a man with a criminal past whose ambitions are at odds with Byzantium’s secret client.

Cast: Melissa George plays Sam Hunter (Alex Kent), Adam Rayner plays Aidan Marsh, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje plays Deacon Crane, Morven Christie plays Zoe Morgan, Lex Shrapnel plays Ian Fowkes, Stephen Campbell Moore plays Stephen Turner, Oscar Kennedy plays Edward Turner, Tom Beard plays Bingham, Patrick Malahide plays Jack Turner, Stephen Dillane plays Rupert Keel, Scott Handy plays Blank-faced man, Uriel Emil plays Hasan Moussa, Dhafer L’Abidine plays Bernard Faroux, Indira Varma plays Natalie Thorpe

tammyy2j
25-09-2012, 17:34
A new trailer for suspense thriller Hunted has been released by the BBC.
Written and created by American writer Frank Spotnitz (The X Files, Strike Back) and from the producers of Spooks and Life on Mars, Hunted is an original eight-part mini-series set in the world of international espionage.Hunted stars Melissa George as Sam, a highly skilled operative for an elite private intelligence company who survives an attempt on her life that may have been orchestrated by members of her own team.
Once she returns to the firm, she is forced to perform her highly dangerous secret missions "in the shadows" without knowing who to trust and who wants her dead.
Spotnitz said of the show: "I'm incredibly excited about the ambition of this series. It's got action on a cinematic scale, huge story twists and turns, and intriguing characters who are both emotionally and morally complex.
"I can't imagine a better cast, director or production team to bring it all to life."
Stephen Dillane (Game of Thrones), Morven Christie (The Sinking of the Laconia) Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Lost, Strike Back), and Lex Shrapnel (Captain America: The First Avenger) round out the show's cast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BnUkJc6qlg&feature=player_embedded

lizann
27-09-2012, 11:38
Reminds me of Spooks like the look of it

Perdita
27-09-2012, 12:50
In Hourglass, the third episode of spy thriller, Hunted, the family travels to a country estate, where Jack Turner and other interested parties bid on the dam contract.
As Sam tries to find out the amount of Turner’s offer, she runs into a man from her past, whom she suspects might have something to do with the attempt on her life.

Perdita
27-09-2012, 12:50
In Hourglass, the third episode of spy thriller, Hunted, the family travels to a country estate, where Jack Turner and other interested parties bid on the dam contract.
As Sam tries to find out the amount of Turner’s offer, she runs into a man from her past, whom she suspects might have something to do with the attempt on her life.

alan45
02-10-2012, 02:42
Prepare yourself for an action-packed thrill ride this Thursday night; new spy thriller Hunted - a collaboration between the BBC and US cable network Cinemax - is making its UK debut. Created by X-Files producer Frank Spotnitz, the show is pitched somewhere between Spooks and 24.

Hunted stars Melissa George - the veteran of such US series as Alias, In Treatment and Grey's Anatomy - in the lead role of Sam Hunter, a security operative who returns to work after surviving an assassination attempt which may have been organised by one of her co-workers...

On a trip to London, the Australian actress spoke to assembled journalists - including Digital Spy - about her action-packed role, the tough physical training required for the show and how her spy skills have helped her out in real life!

What sort of person is Sam Hunter?
"I think from the age of 8 years old when she had her mother killed in front of her, she's become a very different Sam Hunter than maybe how she would have turned out if her mother were still alive. I think she became very defensive; she became a spy to find her mother's killer... I think that's one of the reasons.

"She is a very good spy... and she takes it very seriously. In the opening scene in Morocco, you see someone try to kill her. Now she has two things going on in her life - being a spy is a hobby for her, I really believe that. Going to back to [private security agency] Byzantium, it's like, 'I need a job', but really she's focused on who tried to kill her.

"I think that makes her very strong - the fighting in the show is very real, so it's weird because I think the line between Sam and me has become confused, even for me. It was so real when we were shooting that I couldn't figure out... was it Melissa doing [the fighting] or was it Sam?

"She's also vulnerable to a point - she can't show that in front of her co-workers, but you see a maternal side. She's a lot of things - she's very troubled, but so she should be with what she's been through."

Where do we find Sam when Hunted begins?
"You see her in Morocco at the top of her game - she uses her sexuality a little bit [in her work] and why not, I guess? I read it and I was like, 'Oh, okay, I knew that was coming!'

"You see the stuff with her boyfriend [Adam Rayner's fellow spy Aidan], and she's obviously pregnant with his child. Then you see her on a mission that goes terribly wrong...

"From then on... she's getting tough and getting her strength back, and then she just drops by [at Byzantium]. My idea was for her to always put her feet on the table in Byzantium, because she doesn't give a s**t, but I don't think that's going to [be in the final show] - they didn't want that, [she has to show] a little bit of respect!"

How did you become involved in Hunted originally?
"When you do TV as an actress you have to be careful - as it could potentially be long-term - so a couple of things go through your mind. Who's going to be the showrunner? Who's writing it? Who are you working with? Do you love the character enough that you're going to live her for the next five years?

"I personally get off on playing complex leading ladies - which I loved when I did The Slap, and In Treatment - because in my own life I'm not that. I'm a loving sister, daughter and girlfriend, so why would I want to play that when I play that in all my life?

"It's just the way I run my career - [for this show] I was walking in New York and my agent called me and said, 'We have this script for you and you better get it, that's all I'm saying'. I was like, 'Thanks no pressure!'

"When I recorded one scene for Frank [as an audition], I pressed play and I just got choked up, saying 'I know she's been through a lot, this girl, and I know I can do it' - I've never tried to impress anyone so much before as when I met Frank - I was pulling all the tricks out!

"When I pressed 'cut' on the tape, I was just like, 'I hope I'm this girl, I would love it'. Then [shooting starts and] reality hits and everyone is in pain, and you're like, 'This is not normal, is it?' and the BBC and HBO are like 'No, this is a lot for one girl'. But I'm an Australian girl, so we're ready to go!"

Does it feel different acting in an epic spy thriller like this, as opposed to something more intimate and small like In Treatment?
"Yeah, it does, because In Treatment was almost like meditation. You had to sit there and allow the human interaction to play out. This was like a blur between [large and small]... in the first 20 minutes, it's all inside her - there isn't a lot of talking.

"But there's a lot of disruption in my life as well. I was constantly uprooting and going to a street in London, then going to Tangiers and then a back alley somewhere, so the show itself was difficult, but also to keep my energy up with chopping and changing locations... that was a lot."

How much training was required for the role of Sam?
"I worked on my core training in New York with my trainer - we did almost like gladiator training with a cart. I had two ropes around my wrist and had this cart with steel weights in the back and was just pulling it from one end of the gym to the other and it was really hard.

"They gave me steel balls and I felt like I was in the movie Gladiator - I was like, 'Are you kidding me right now?'. They'd throw it at my stomach and I'd have to catch it, fall back onto a mat and then throw it whilst I was doing a sit-up!

"Then when I got to London, I had a team of five street fighters to teach me - they taught Bond, Bourne and Batman and they're very capable men - and I'm the only woman who's been taught this fighting technique called Keysi.

"I did a month of Keysi training. The fight you see in Morocco is all me and I was very much ready for it. I'm not so much ready today - I'm going to go to Harrods and have tea later in my stilettos!"

You sustained some injures while filming as well, right?
"Yeah, my right wrist and my left hip. I got really injured, and the stunt men got really injured too. I also developed a new muscle in my wrist - It's like Popeye, you can move it! That's not very me! I was developing muscles that nobody gets - I had an elbow muscle!

"I was walking in Manhattan at night in the Lower East Side at night, and I felt like I was in-character a bit. A funny thing happened in Harrods actually - I was in a queue and this vase was falling - it fell, and I caught it like one inch before it hit the ground.

"The guy knew I was an actress and he said, 'What role are you playing right now?'. I said a spy, and everyone in the line was laughing! Certain roles prepare you for certain things in life, like vases in Harrods!"

The role is so action-led - do you like to challenge gender stereotypes and take roles that men would usually play?
"I think so - I never get the girl next door or the loving wife."

Would you like to play those kinds of roles?
"Yeah - I like Downton Abbey, y'know! But I doubt you'd see Sam Hunter in that show, running through, 'Quick everyone, duck down, she's going to take you down!'

"When I used to watch films, I used to love seeing classic-looking women in situations where they don't belong. To me, it's fascinating, [like], 'What is she doing there?' When I see Sam Hunter in some moments I think she doesn't belong there, but it's fun to watch her get out of that situation - and it's also thrilling as an actress.

"It's weird when you take on a role - you have to be very careful because it's going to become you and you're going to lose it! It's not [just] a pay cheque - you've got to love it and hopefully people see on screen that you love it and it's not just a job."

Hunted begins this Thursday at 9pm on BBC One

alan45
02-10-2012, 02:42

Perdita
04-10-2012, 13:25
Ep 4/8

Day and time to be confirmed
BBC ONE and BBC HD

In Kismet, episode four of the spy thriller, Jack Turner is forced to bid more than he can afford, and Sam aims to discover how he will raise the money in a short time.
Turner appears to have hatched a diabolical plan with hedge fund manager Lewis Conroy (Richard Dormer), and Sam searches for the connection. Meanwhile, Aidan discovers some of Sam’s secrets and begins an investigation of his own.

Perdita
11-10-2012, 14:01
Ep 5/8

Confirmed for BBC One on 1 November at 9.00pm to 10.00pm

Sam awakes to find a familiar face in her hospital room, who promises to be an ally.
He alludes to a connection from her past and refuses to give complete information, but does divulge a secret that leads her to take action.

Perdita
18-10-2012, 14:23
Ep 6/8

Thursday 8 November
9.00-10.00pm
BBC ONE and BBC HD

In Polyhedrus, episode six of spy thriller Hunted, Sam suspects Jack Turner intends to assassinate Fatima Zahir, a Pakistani presidential candidate opposed to the sale of the dam he’s trying to buy.
She and the team race to save Zahir’s life, only to discover Turner has an even more important target – a scientist possessing a deadly secret that implicates Byzantium’s own client.

N.Fan
18-10-2012, 17:07
It seemed a bit far fetched when Sam was able to go into the basement twice and also leave the house twice without anybody noticeing.
Apart from that it's still a good drama.

Perdita
22-10-2012, 21:17
Melissa George has spoken about a potential second series of her spy thriller Hunted.

The drama - created by Frank Spotnitz (The X-Files) - is currently airing on BBC One in the UK and on Cinemax in the US.

"[Frank has] given me a pretty good idea [of where series two would go]," George told IGN.

"It's all going to be about Sam's journey, finding out and putting the pieces together. She won't be the nanny anymore."

The actress - who plays Sam Hunter - added that a second series of Hunted would be set in Berlin.

"Next year it's in Berlin, and there's a whole link to Hourglass, which is the covenant group that killed her mother," said George. "So there will be a lot of accents and things like that."

The Australian star previously stated that her Hunted role "could potentially be long-term", adding that she may be playing Sam "for the next five years".

N.Fan
23-10-2012, 16:34
As long as there is no sub-titles in the second series.

Perdita
25-10-2012, 15:48
Ep 7/8

Thursday 15 November
9.00-10.00pm
BBC ONE and BBC HD

In Khyber, episode seven of the spy thriller, Jack Turner demands he be awarded the dam contract, revealing he has evidence implicating Byzantium’s client in a terrible crime.
With the operation nearly over, Aidan presses Sam to revisit childhood memories of her mother’s murder and her own kidnapping – to understand the reasons why the Hourglass conspirators have targeted her for death.

Perdita
01-11-2012, 14:23
Ep 8/8

Thursday 22 November
9.00-10.00pm
BBC ONE and BBC HD

In Snow Maiden, the final episode of the spy thriller, Byzantium is ordered to kill Jack Turner, but when the assassination attempt fails, Sam is exposed as a spy, and trapped inside the house.
Turner produces the evidence he has against Byzantium’s client, while Sam – secretly being poisoned to death – at last begins to recover terrible memories that explain why the Hourglass conspirators want her dead.

N.Fan
03-11-2012, 16:17
Melisa George who plays Sam is on the Jonathan Ross Show on Sat 3rd Nov.

alan45
24-11-2012, 01:35
Hunted drew to a close on BBC One earlier this week, but now you can relive all eight exciting hours with Sam Hunter (Melissa George) as the spy thriller hits the shelves in DVD and Blu-ray formats.

To mark the home media release, Digital Spy spoke to series creator Frank Spotnitz about his writing process on series one, how his leading lady influenced the character of Sam and where Hunted is heading in future...

Hunted has been in the works for several years now. Are you happy with the finished product?
"Yeah, I'm really pleased and proud of it."

You worked on Strike Back prior to Hunted - was there a big difference going from such a masculine show to a series with a female lead?
"Well, it's funny because Strike Back was sort of an accident. I had come here [to the UK] to do Hunted and found I had a 6-month delay before I could start, so I went around looking for something to do and Strike Back happily fell in my lap.

"It was every kind of male fantasy - it was so much fun to write something like that. I did research for that - just like I did for Hunted - and met a bunch of SAS guys. I'd previously met a bunch of Navy SEALS for another project I'd written in the States and they're very inspiring - so that was a blast."

So was it a big change then tackling a show with a female protagonist?
"I'd already written the first hour of Hunted before I did those four hours of Strike Back, so I had that in my head. They're so different tonally and Sam Hunter's a really damaged, complicated person.

"The terrible events of her past really explain the terrible events of her present - it's really because of what happened to her as a child that these things are happening to her now. That was all in my head from the beginning, so it wasn't difficult to get back into it."

Was it a difficult balance to strike - having Sam be damaged but still likeable and engaging for an audience?
"Yes absolutely, it's very challenging because you want to be truthful about her and how she would be. That's what makes her interesting and if you smooth off the edges, you don't have the character anymore.

"So I think the strategy was to make [her] likeable because of the things she does, and to make the audience want to know more about her in those first few hours. Then slowly you get more and more invested in her - it kind of creeps up on you over time. But I think the plot is such a rollercoaster ride and there's so many hard twists and turns that [are] engaging even before you really know who Sam Hunter is."

Did Melissa George's performance affect how you wrote for Sam?
"Her performance definitely affected my writing. I'd written the first episode and I'd started work on the second when she was cast. That's one of the joys of doing television for me, despite the pressure to have all your scripts written before you film. They want you to write all eight before the cameras roll, so they can schedule it more effectively.

"But I love watching what actors do and then writing to the reality of who you've cast, rather than to who you imagine the character to be."

Which elements of Sam's personality did you bring out more because of Melissa's performance?
"I could see this amazing duality that she plays, and that's really why Melissa was cast in the part over anybody else - she's always got more than one thing going on at the same time. A lot of the people who came in to read for Sam - they were fabulous actresses, but their idea of being 'strong' was to be tough and hard...

"Melissa, for me... I guess you could say she's tough and hard, but you always see there's a vulnerability underneath. I loved that, so I looked for opportunities to show that in her scenes."

Did you approach Hunted differently knowing that it had to appeal to a UK and a US audience?
"Well, my feeling was, if it doesn't work for a British audience, it's not going to work for anybody. This is a British show first - I worked with three British writers on the scripts for six months, and wanted to make it throughly and truly British. I thought if I got to the specific truth of that, then it would appeal to American audiences as well, and it has."

The show has quite an international cast. Was that an intentional move to appeal to both audiences?
"Not really - if anything I was a little wary of that, because there have been a lot of shows that try to touch all those bases - different countries and stuff. So we were careful about trying to have too many nationalities and trying to please too many constituencies.

"There are some guest characters who aren't British, but aside from Deacon Crane, they're all Brits. And even Deacon is played by a British actor [Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje] with an American accent."

The first series of Hunted ends on quite an open note...
"A lot gets resolved, but there are definitely questions for the future and I hope to be answering those right around this time next year. I think it's satisfying, but there's certainly questions left open as well."
There's been a lot of speculation about the show's future - is it correct that Cinemax will be producing the show solo going forward?
"Yeah. This is the hazard of doing co-productions - it makes it complicated sometimes if you lose one of your partners. But we're going forward - it's sort of a spinoff of itself and it'll focus more squarely on the character of Sam Hunter. Hopefully it'll be on around this time next year."

There have been rumours that series two will be set in Berlin - is that still the plan?
"No, it's going to change - that was when we still had the BBC as a partner and now it's one of those funny things where it's the same character, but it's a different series. As it happens, from the way episode eight ends, it actually makes it quite organic to launch off into a different series, but it's not the direction we would've gone in had we stayed with the BBC."

Are you hoping to find another UK outlet for Hunted now that the BBC has pulled out?
"I would very much expect there'll be a UK broadcaster for it, yeah."

Cinemax work with Sky on Strike Back - could that be a potential avenue?
"It's occurred to me! It has occurred to me... I'm pretty confident that British viewers will get to see Sam Hunter as she continues

lizann
24-11-2012, 16:08
someone please explain the messy ending

moonstorm
24-11-2012, 19:16
Wish I could! No idea what on earth happened! Who was the Chinese guy? And why, oh forget it too many questions.

Chloe O'brien
25-11-2012, 01:07
someone please explain the messy ending

It's one of these plots that starts at the end and works it's way backwards. When the series began 8 weeks ago we seen Sam hidden away in the Highlands of Scotland fighting back to health, holding her breath under water and running up hills. We thought this was her recovering from being shot in the cafe and loosing her baby, but it was her recovering from being shot by Deacon. Her baby survived and no-one knows she's alive, well maybe no-one and that has set up the plot for the second series. No idea who the Chinese guy was, but everyone wants her dead.

tammyy2j
25-11-2012, 01:09
Was the baby Aidan's?

Chloe O'brien
25-11-2012, 01:16
Was the baby Aidan's?

Yeah but he thought she had lost it when she was shot, unless the next series comes up with another plot.

Chloe O'brien
25-11-2012, 01:16
Was the baby Aidan's?

Yeah but he thought she had lost it when she was shot, unless the next series comes up with another plot.