PDA

View Full Version : Leaving

tammyy2j
28-08-2012, 14:43
ITV's new drama Leaving has cast Helen McCrory and newcomer Callum Turner in lead roles.

The three-part series - from Public Enemies and Garrow's Law writer Tony Marchant - was first announced in January.

Leaving will focus on the relationship between disillusioned 25-year-old Aaron (Turner) and unhappy 45-year-old wife and mother Julie (McCrory).

When the pair begin working together at a Cheshire country house hotel, they share an intimate moment which takes them both by surprise and must face the consequences of their actions.

McCrory's recent credits include the role of Narcissa Malfoy in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and BBC Four's Jean Shrimpton biopic We'll Take Manhattan.

She and Turner are joined by Deborah Findlay (Cranford), Nick Dunning (The Iron Lady), Charity Wakefield (Casualty 1909) and Bart Edwards (EastEnders).

Amelia Young (United), Sean Gallagher (Coronation Street), Gregg Chillin (Being Human) and Celyn Jones (Above Suspicion) will also star.

Juliet Charlesworth (Clocking Off) will serve as producer, while Gaby Dellal (Angels Crest) will direct.

Leaving is produced by Red Production Company (Scott & Bailey, Exile) for ITV1, with filming currently under way in Manchester and Cheshire.

Perdita
28-08-2012, 15:08
Helen McCrory has revealed that husband Damian Lewis convinced her to do nude scenes.

The actress will appear in new ITV drama Leaving about a relationship between a couple with a 20-year age gap.

http://i1.cdnds.net/11/33/showbiz_helen_mccrory.jpg
© PA Images / Jonathan Short/AP/Press Association Images
http://i1.cdnds.net/12/03/300x225/pa-12496122.jpg
© PA Images

She explained that Homeland star Lewis thought she was "mad" to turn down roles because of nude scenes.

"He said to me, 'I think you're mad to always say, no, no, no. It's bonkers'. So I listened to him and I took the role. And I'm really happy that I did," she is quoted as saying in The Sun.

"It was totally freeing. In fact, I doubt I shall ever be clothed on screen again!"

The Harry Potter actress added that she feels now completely different about appearing naked on screen.

"At 21, I thought that kind of thing was exploitation. But now I'm in my 40s, I think it's art."

The three-part series Leaving will air on ITV1 in September.