PDA

View Full Version : Geroge Binns

Perdita
14-08-2012, 17:57
Holby City newcomer Leander Deeny has promised that his character George Binns will have a big role to play on the show in the coming months.

George makes his debut in tonight's (August 14) episode of the BBC medical drama, having been recruited by Henrik Hanssen to improve Holby's financial situation.

Deeny and co-star Guy Henry, who plays Hanssen, both appeared on Lorraine today (August 14) to promote the new storyline.

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/33/618x421/soaps_holby_city_guy_henry_leander_deeny_lorraine. jpg
© Rex Features / Ken McKay

Pictured: Guy Henry and Leander Deeny on Lorraine.

Teasing George's arrival and future, Deeny commented: "I'm a business manager, so I come in with the bad news about having to save money, which of course is a big part of life in the NHS now. George is not a baddie exactly, but he's been brought in to make people's life more difficult.

"That's why Hanssen brings him in at the beginning, and it's the start of quite an important journey for Hanssen, I think. George is the first step in a long road that leads somewhere quite terrible."

Speaking of joining the long-running drama, he enthused: "I couldn't be more excited. It's such a popular show and such a good show - it's so well-written. Right from the first audition, I've just felt really privileged and really happy to be involved in something that's such good quality, and where the actors are so good."

Henry, meanwhile, reflected on his own Holby City debut - confessing that he found his first day daunting.

He said: "[It was] really terrifying. I started a couple of years ago and I was really, really frightened. It's ridiculous… [But] Holby has a reputation in the business for being welcoming and kind, and long may that continue."