PDA

View Full Version : Line of Duty Series 2

Perdita
26-07-2012, 08:24
Line of Duty has been recommissioned for a second series by the BBC.

The police thriller starring Lennie James, Martin Compston and Vicky McLure will shortly return to BBC Two, it has been confirmed.

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/25/618x402/uktv_line_of_duty_cast.jpg
© BBC / World Productions/Ed Miller

Janice Hadlow, controller of the channel, said: "I'm so pleased to have this brilliantly realised thriller on BBC Two; it is a wonderful addition to the channel's rich landscape of drama.

"With fantastic writing from Jed Mercurio, great characterisation, tightly plotted detail and riveting performances from a stand out cast, I'm thrilled that this complex, contemporary drama has captured the imagination of such a loyal and appreciative audience."

Ben Stephenson, BBC Drama controller, added: "Jed Mercurio and World Productions have realised a brilliant series for BBC Two with Line of Duty that encapsulates my vision for bold, authored and utterly original drama on the channel."

The first series of Line of Duty concluded on BBC Two last night (July 24).

alan45
26-07-2012, 10:22
Following outstanding ratings and critical acclaim Ben Stephenson and Janice Hadlow announce Jed Mercurio’s Line Of Duty has been re-commissioned for a second series from World Productions for BBC Two.

A truly original piece that continues to signal BBC Two's confident new direction following the re-birth of drama on the channel.

Last night 3.3 million viewers tuned in to see DCI Tony Gates, a complex and elusive anti-hero, shockingly take his own life in the dramatic series finale.

The series average overnight of 3.2 million makes it the biggest new series on the channel since Rome in 2005, with last week’s episode consolidating with 4.2 million viewers.

Jed Mercurio's cat-and-mouse thriller took a probing look into modern policing by following one multi-stranded investigation over five hours. With an electric performance from Lennie James, and two of the most exciting talents in British TV - Martin Compston and Vicky McClure – who played the relentless anti-corruption officers on his trail. alongside a brilliant supporting cast including Gina McKee, Neil Morrissey, Adrian Dunbar, Kate Ashfield, Craig Parkinson and Paul Higgins.

Ben Stephenson, Controller, BBC Drama, says: “Jed Mercurio and World Productions have realised a brilliant series for BBC Two with Line Of Duty that encapsulates my vision for bold, authored and utterly original drama on the channel.”

Janice Hadlow, Controller, BBC Two, says: "I’m so pleased to have this brilliantly realised thriller on BBC Two; it is a wonderful addition to the channel's rich landscape of drama. With fantastic writing from Jed Mercurio, great characterisation, tightly plotted detail and riveting performances from a stand out cast, I’m thrilled that this complex, contemporary drama has captured the imagination of such a loyal and appreciative audience."

Simon Heath, World Productions, says : "It's a privilege to be working with Jed again on a second series of Line Of Duty, following AC12 on a new and controversial anti-corruption investigation."

Written and produced by Jed Mercurio (Bodies, Cardiac Arrest) the series was executive produced by World Productions’ Simon Heath (United, Outlaws, Hancock & Joan) and Stephen Wright for the BBC. Directed by David Caffrey and Douglas Mackinnon.

Following the success of Line Of Duty see more brand new Original British Drama coming soon to BBC Two here.

alan45
26-07-2012, 10:22

N.Fan
26-07-2012, 16:36
I'm glad there is going to be another series,the first one showed how corrupt the police really are but as usual they always get off with it.

Dutchgirl
27-08-2012, 13:17
Loved it. It had some good twists and turns.

alan45
17-01-2014, 11:03
Week Commencing 1st Feb (date and time to be confirmed)

AC-12 and the Major Violent Crime Unit lock horns over the tragedy at the hospital and the evidence surrounding the ambush. Meanwhile, Kate continues to work undercover with Lindsay in Missing Persons.

They look into the disappearance of 15-year-old Carly Kirk, a case Lindsay appears personally invested in.

She is secretive and volatile as the evidence against her mounts, but it’s clear she won’t go down without a fight. As Lindsay starts to scrutinize the background of the AC-12 officers, they’re forced to go on the defensive – Kate, Steve and Hastings all have reasons for wanting to keep their private lives under wraps.

As public and private pressure on the case reaches frenzied levels, it appears that the team’s conduct might compromise the case against Lindsay.