PDA

View Full Version : Nikki Sanderson felt sidelined by Corrie?

Emmak2005
26-06-2005, 15:53
Nikki Sanderson quit Coronation Street after becoming tired of being sidelined by the show's producers, The People claims today.

Despite playing hairdresser Candice Stowe for six years, the actress apparently felt that the soap's scriptwriters favoured her fellow cast-members Tina O'Brien (Sarah Platt) and Samia Ghadie (Maria Sutherland).

The newspaper claims that Sanderson told former boyfriend Jamie Meakin about her frustrations.

"The whole thing about Nikki leaving Corrie for love and a singing career is really only half the truth and bit of a smoke screen," Meakin revealed.

"Basically she hated the way she was generally treated. We had long chats about how she felt Tina and Samia were always given the better storylines and recognition.

"She would say, 'I'm just as good as anyone else' and get all upset. To be honest, Nikki was jealous of the attention Tina and Samia got all the time."

Nikki has denied the rumours, explaining, "I've never felt sidelined by anyone.

"You only have to watch the show to see that I've had some fantastic storylines which I have thoroughly enjoyed. The only person who knows the real reasons why I'm leaving the show is me.

"I knew there would be speculation but to say things that aren't true hurts."

http://images.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/corrie/160x120_corrie_nikkisanderson_candice.jpg Nikki Sanderson (Corrie's Candice Stowe)

Treacle
26-06-2005, 16:16
Fantastic storylines? All of her storylines have been dire. I did enjoy the weather girl thing though because it made me smile but it was of no depth or substance.

Jade
26-06-2005, 16:17
Another Former Boyfriends spills the beans!

Treacle
26-06-2005, 16:22
Another Former Boyfriends spills the beans!
Not as bad as Jessie Wallace's slimy ex though eh?

Johnny Allen
26-06-2005, 16:27
Has Nikki Sanderson ever thought that the reason Tina O'Brien gets better storylines is because she has been in it since she was a young child and maybe the fact that she is a much more talented actress?. As for Samia Ghadie getting better storylines, that's rubbish she doesn't have that many great storylines. Good riddance to Nikki and that dope of a boyfriend.

Jade
26-06-2005, 16:27
no, but its another bloke trying to make money off the back of their "famouse" ex-girlfriend.

Treacle
26-06-2005, 16:33
Has Nikki Sanderson ever thought that the reason Tina O'Brien gets better storylines is because she has been in it since she was a young child and maybe the fact that she is a much more talented actress?. As for Samia Ghadie getting better storylines, that's rubbish she doesn't have that many great storylines. Good riddance to Nikki and that dope of a boyfriend.
I don't think any of them have much purpose at the moment.

Sarah is only young - what will have happened to her in a few years time?

She's already been through the mill.

Debs
26-06-2005, 18:15
Has Nikki Sanderson ever thought that the reason Tina O'Brien gets better storylines is because she has been in it since she was a young child and maybe the fact that she is a much more talented actress?. Good riddance to Nikki and that dope of a boyfriend.

agree with you say 100%

Treacle
26-06-2005, 18:16
Nikki does not have an ounce of talent in her.