PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon A Time

Perdita
28-01-2012, 07:18
FAIRYTALES will come to life on Channel 5 this spring after the station snapped up a hit US drama.

Once Upon A Time, which stars Robert Carlyle as imp Rumpelstiltskin, follows the life of Emma Swan, who discovers she has links to the magical world of Grimm.

Emma (Jennifer Morrison, 32) is stunned to learn that she is the long-lost daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming.

According to an enchanted book of fairytales, they sent her away to protect her from the curse of the Evil Queen.

She was exiled to modern- day America, with no memory of her previous existence.

And she soon realises the town where she lives is more than it seems.

It’s a place where magic has been forgotten, where fairytale characters are alive and where the Evil Queen, known as Regina, is secretly plotting her revenge.

Robert, 50, says: “All the fairytale characters that you know and love now live in the real world but they don’t realise who they really are.

“I play Rumpelstiltskin, who in the real world is Mr Gold.

“He may know a little bit more than the others but most of them don’t under- stand where they have come from.

“Their fairytale happy ending has been taken away from them and they are now in the real world.

“It’s from the guys who wrote Lost, so that interest- ed me right away.

“Weirdly, Rumpelstiltskin was the first play I ever saw. I was about six and this travelling theatre came to Glasgow with their version.

“I always remembered the character, not the name, but I was fascinated by the way he was.

“So it’s strange that I am now playing him.”

Sounds like this could be good :)

N.Fan
29-03-2012, 18:06
Once Upon A Time

Channel 5 Sunday 1st April 8pm

The hit US fairytale drama,which stars Jennifer Morrison and Robert Carlyle,focuses on a small town where fairytale characters are trapped in the real world with no idea of their true identity.

tammyy2j
29-03-2012, 20:24
Promo Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rga4rp4j5TY

alan45
30-03-2012, 02:21
:readtheruThere is already a thread about this http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?129692-Fairytales.:readtheru

lizann
30-03-2012, 15:42
Looks interesting

tammyy2j
14-05-2012, 12:24
I cant believe they killed off the Sheriff :crying:

N.Fan
27-07-2012, 17:05
It's about time some off the characters got their memories back,apart from that it's still a good drama.

N.Fan
28-08-2012, 16:58
I was glad that the series ended with the curse being lifted and everyone got thier memories back,the next series should be interesting.

tammyy2j
28-08-2012, 17:20
I wonder who Henry's dad is?

Should be interesting next season as they now who they are especially Margaret being Emma's mother and David her father (they are same age abouts:p)

tammyy2j
04-04-2013, 16:14
Emma Rigby has joined ABC's Once Upon a Time spinoff series.

Once Upon a Time in Wonderland will feature Lewis Carroll's heroine Alice (Sophie Lowe) as its central character.

Ex-Hollyoaks star Rigby will play the Red Queen in the pilot, Deadline reports.

The 23-year-old actress is best known to UK audiences for playing Hannah Ashworth on Hollyoaks between 2005 and 2010. More recently, she has appeared on Fresh Meat, Prisoners' Wives and Ripper Street.

Also starring in Once Upon a Time in Wonderland is Being Human actor Michael Socha - who will play suave adventurer The Knave of Hearts.

The pilot will start filming on April 7 in Vancouver, immediately following the season two wrap of parent show Once Upon a Time.

lizann
05-04-2013, 21:46
it is back this sunday on channel 5

tammyy2j
15-05-2013, 16:31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v8hwx2xHnM&feature=player_embedded

Spin Off show trailer