PDA

View Full Version : Switch

Perdita
29-03-2012, 11:27
ITV2 has announced new supernatural drama Switch.

Lacey Turner (EastEnders, Being Human) will star in the series, which will follow four female flatmates who are secretly witches.

She is joined by Nina Toussaint-White (Doctor Who), Hannah Tointon (The Inbetweeners) and Phoebe Fox (Black Mirror).

Turner will play "immaculately dressed" careerist Stella, while Toussaint-White has been cast as "sexy and stylish" fashionista Jude.

The group's moral compass Grace will be played by Fox, with Tointon starring as the "restless" and "spontaneous" Hannah.

The 'Witches of Camden' must face the challenges of living in contemporary London, as well as their sworn enemies the 'Witches of Kensington', Alexa, India, Romola and Remy.

Switch has been written by Chloe Moss (Prisoners' Wives) and Tim Price (Secret Diary of a Call Girl).

"Switch is a contemporary series about friendship with a spell-binding twist," said ITV's Laura Mackie. "Chloe and Tim have created four fun-loving, free-spirited characters and we're delighted with the direction the series takes."

Produced by Being Human's Philip Trethowan and executive produced by Touchpaper's Rob Pursey, six 60-minute episodes of Switch will go into production in London, Cardiff and Bristol for 11 weeks from April 2012.

tammyy2j
29-03-2012, 19:18
Sounds like a UK rematch of US show The Secret Circle

Caspiant
26-09-2012, 16:45
It also souds similar to Charmed.

tammyy2j
26-09-2012, 16:47
http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/switch/22719/what-is-itv2s-switch

New UK supernatural comedy-drama Switch is due on our screens next month, and here’s a little taste of what to expect…

From ITV2, home to the now-liquidated Katie Price/Peter Andre merger and The Only Way Is Essex, Switch’s channel-fellows may not be geek-friendly, but its pedigree certainly is. Produced by Being Human’s Philip Trethowan, co-written by Misfits producer Chloe Moss, and with a young cast who’ve popped up in The Fades, Doctor Who, Bedlam, and Being Human, Switch is a light-hearted spin on UK supernatural drama, and a surprising amount of fun.

Remember when Sabrina The Teenage Witch went to college but her storylines remained firmly in Junior High? Switch has the same daft approach to magic (no-one’s going all veiny Willow or The Craft psychotic in this show), but its characters engage in all the sex and swearing you’d expect from four early twenty-somethings. It’s a kind of Sabrina The Teenage Witch: After Hours without the talking cat, if you like.

The new six-episode series is a fluffy romp through the life of a Camden-based coven of 21st century white witches Stella (Lacey Turner), Jude (Nina Toussaint-White), Hannah (Hannah Tointon), and Grace (Phoebe Fox). The cast are comely types rather than Weird Sisters, and with a career-minded suited one, a hussy fashionista one, a hippie traveller one, and a sweet ‘n’ innocent one, the aesthetic is Spice Girls meets Sex And The City, if Scary, Ginger, Carrie and co. blew their student loans on WKDs and Topshop harem pants.

Each of the witches represents an element that handily provides a summation of their character: Stella is Earth - headstrong and reliable, Hannah is Air - floaty and insubstantial, Jude is Fire – feisty and hedonistic, and Grace is Water - useful, but a bit wet. The quartet is unable to conjure unless all four are present, a narrative trick which provides a neat analogy for teen friendship groups pulling apart as they transition into adulthood, when sleepovers and hair-braiding are swapped for the realities of flat-sharing and bill-paying.

Teens are very much the target audience for Switch, young female teens to be precise. The Switch crew are firmly hos before bros, and their supportive, affectionate friendship refreshingly deals in none of the back-stabbing, sabotaging bull**** too often seen between young women on screen.

Some girl-on-girl hostility does exist to spur the narrative along, when a class-based conflict has the down-to-earth Camden crew targeted by a filthy rich Kensington coven channelling Made In Chelsea. Overall though, the plots are kept light and mostly comic, with a healthy sense of their own ridiculousness.

That’s the element that separates Switch from The Secret Circle, Charmed, and even Buffy The Vampire Slayer - a show that had a peerless sense of humour but always foregrounded the dark, consequence-y side of magic use. Switch takes its magical elements with a good pinch of silliness, using them to accelerate and amplify the day-to-day realities of its characters’ lives (over-protective mums, horrible bosses, love objects who don’t notice them), rather than to form the show’s be-all-and-end-all.

The escapist element of conjuring spells to fix life’s little troubles - which, if the series continues in the vein of episode one, never goes exactly to plan - is enjoyable too, if a little familiar. The SFX budget may be noticeably tight (perhaps the producers could have used the same bank balance-expanding spell the girls must have used to pay the rent on their cavernous Camden flat?), but that shouldn’t unduly put off the fans Switch is targeting.

Essentially, Switch is a teen comedy soap with a good few laughs and an emotional bent. Its young cast is mostly very decent - Phoebe Fox and Lacey Turner the stand-outs at this stage - and its writing has a fun, decidedly British feel. Though it’s frothier than Being Human and nowhere as near the knuckle as Misfits, it’s original UK genre TV and as such, we welcome it with open arms.

Switch is due to air on ITV2 next month.

tammyy2j

alan45
It also souds similar to Charmed.

Just as you sound familiar to N Fan :)

alan45

Caspiant
27-09-2012, 16:28
Just as you sound familiar to N Fan :)

Just as you sound familiar to Parkerman.:p

alan45
27-09-2012, 16:58
Just as you sound familiar to Packerman.:p

Who is Packerman????

alan45
27-09-2012, 16:58
Just as you sound familiar to Packerman.:p

Who is Packerman????

Caspiant
28-09-2012, 15:15
Who is Parkerman????

Don't know who or what are you.?????:p

alan45
28-09-2012, 15:39
So sad that you have to thank your own posts using your other name. Why cant you just make up your mind who you want to be.

BTW if you want to quote my posts please quote them properly and do not change them, Thank you :readtheru

Caspiant
28-09-2012, 16:48
Even sader that you are deluded enough to think I am using another name.:p

Perdita
03-10-2012, 07:16
Episode: 1 of 6
Tuesday, 16 October 2012, 10:00PM - 11:00PM

Switch is an upbeat, comedy drama series about a coven of witches living in the heart of Camden. Stella (Lacey Turner), Grace (Phoebe Fox), Jude (Nina Toussaint-White) and Hannah (Hannah Tointon) are best friends trying to make their way in the big smoke – forging friendships, negotiating love lives and beating out career paths. They’re trying to live a modern life, not one based on their mothers’ old rituals, but modern life has its problems. Luckily, with a spell book nestled on the shelf, these girls have got a better chance than most of adding a little bit of magic to their lives.

Episode one:

Stella (Lacey Turner) is in deep trouble. Summoning the girls home with a “Switch” text, she’s desperate to cast a spell to save her skin. Hannah (Hannah Tointon) flies home from India, Jude (Nina Toussaint-White) abandons customers in work while Grace’s (Phoebe Fox) romantic encounter is interrupted. With chaos under control and buoyed by initial success, Stella’s confident enough to stand up to her boss, Janet (Amanda Drew). She gets sacked. The Witches of Camden cast another spell, but rusty after months of being apart, it results in a magical race against time to undo their own mistakes. When Grace’s mum, Gloria (Caroline Quentin), turns up out of the blue Grace is forced to cut the apron strings or be a mummy’s girl forever. Meanwhile commitment-phobe Hannah must choose between life on the road or life with her coven.

Perdita
03-10-2012, 07:17
This is them

http://www.itv.com/img/150x113/SWITCH-75077336-afbc-477f-88e5-3d9f78c52bee.jpg

Perdita
03-10-2012, 07:17

tammyy2j
03-10-2012, 10:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=buxEjvDqKvo

tammyy2j
10-10-2012, 14:29
Former EastEnders actress Lacey Turner returns to our screens next week in Switch, a new ITV2 drama about a quartet of young witches living in London.

TV&Satellite Week magazine caught up with her to find out more...

Tell us about your character, Stella...
“She works in advertising and is quite organised and a bit of a control freak. In order to cast a spell, or ‘switch’, the girls need all four natural elements – earth, fire, water and air – in one place, and Stella represents earth because she is quite grounded. Of the four girls, she really is the mother hen and looks out for everyone.”

What was the appeal for you?
“It is just light-hearted and it’s great because everything is about vampires or ghosts now and there hasn’t been much about witches for a long time. I also liked it because it is more about their friendship, they just happen to be witches. They are four normal girls trying to live normal lives and every now and again they just use a spell to try to help things along.”

Did you do any research for the role?
“I did a bit of research into witchcraft, but also I did some into some office life because Stella does presentations, which I have never done, and I have never worked in an office and never worn a pencil skirt – and never will again because I can barely bend over.”

What was it like doing the spells?
“They were really hard because we all speak them together and at one point I was reduced to tears trying to get through it, so my co-star Phoebe Fox kindly stepped in and sellotaped the lines to her forehead. We would have been there all day otherwise.”

You’ve done Being Human, Bedlam and now this. Are you a fan of the supernatural?
“I am a massive fan of the film Practical Magic, but I wasn’t into things like Twilight. But then Being Human came up and I did it and loved it, and since then I have become a bit of a fan, I am on a roll with the supernatural.”

Have you worked with any of the other three girls before?
“I worked with Nina Toussaint-White on EastEnders and I have known Hannah Tointon since we were 11 or 12 and did Whistle Down the Wind together. Phoebe Fox was the only one I didn’t know previously. When we all met, we said that the most important thing was that the girls’ friendship seemed real and that was easy because we all clicked straight away even though we are all so different.”

Do you still watch EastEnders?
“To be honest, I don’t watch any telly at the moment. I don’t have the time so I have lost track of what is going on, but when my little sister was in it as Shenice, she recorded the bits she was in and made us sit and watch them. It is just nice working on new things now though and branching out and seeing what is out there.”

Switch begins on ITV2 on Monday, October 15 at 10pm

tammyy2j
10-10-2012, 14:29

alan45
15-10-2012, 22:58
Switch

Episode: 3*of*6
Monday, 29 October 2012,*10:00PM*-*11:00PM

Stella (Lacey Turner) hasn’t had a date in years. In fact, she’s not fancied anyone in years. The girls are forced to confess that they cast a spell years ago to help her forget an ex-girlfriend.But not getting over Lucy (Rosamund Hanson) has stopped Stella from moving on. Stella must be re-introduced to nightmarish Lucy and find peace with their past relationship. Unfortunately, Stella falls in love with Lucy again. The girls must watch as the destructive relationship threatens to destroy not only everything Stella has worked so hard for, but also their precious coven. Meanwhile, Hannah (Hannah Tointon) gets into a spot of bother with a new career choice, Jude (Nina Toussaint-White) encounters problems when she takes a short cut to the top of her career ladder, and is Grace (Phoebe Fox) in love with Jude’s (Nina Toussaint-White) boyfriend?

alan45
15-10-2012, 22:58
Switch

Episode: 3*of*6
Monday, 29 October 2012,*10:00PM*-*11:00PM

Stella (Lacey Turner) hasn’t had a date in years. In fact, she’s not fancied anyone in years. The girls are forced to confess that they cast a spell years ago to help her forget an ex-girlfriend.But not getting over Lucy (Rosamund Hanson) has stopped Stella from moving on. Stella must be re-introduced to nightmarish Lucy and find peace with their past relationship. Unfortunately, Stella falls in love with Lucy again. The girls must watch as the destructive relationship threatens to destroy not only everything Stella has worked so hard for, but also their precious coven. Meanwhile, Hannah (Hannah Tointon) gets into a spot of bother with a new career choice, Jude (Nina Toussaint-White) encounters problems when she takes a short cut to the top of her career ladder, and is Grace (Phoebe Fox) in love with Jude’s (Nina Toussaint-White) boyfriend?

Perdita
24-10-2012, 20:00
Episode: 4 of 6

Monday, 5 November 2012, 10:00PM - 11:00PM

The girls’ coven of anniversary is approaching, and preparations for celebrations are in place. But when Grace (Phoebe Fox) gets mugged, she wants to leave London for good. The girls do the only thing they think will help – they cast a confidence spell to help Grace cope with city life. Stella (Lacey Turner), meanwhile, has problems of her own when India, one of their nemeses from the Witches of Kensington, turns up to work at the PR Agency. Intent on destroying Stella’s career and the company with it, India casts a charm on the whole office. Hannah (Hannah Tointon) enjoys being market holder on a stall of Jude’s (Nina Toussaint-White) designs, until all the stock is stolen. All in all, things don’t look good for a happy celebration. But there are darker forces at work and things soon get out of hand.

N.Fan
25-10-2012, 15:40
This is a good supernatural comedy,but not quite as good as Charmed.Liked when they were using the remote control to pause the kids,something I bet most parents wish they had.:)

alan45
26-10-2012, 15:49
Switch
Episode: 5 of 6
Monday, 12 November 2012, 10:00PM - 11:00PM
Entertainment & Comedy

Grace (Phoebe Fox) and Gerry’s (Jamie Davis) relationship seems to be blooming nicely. Having just split up with Gerry herself, Jude (Nina Toussaint-White) is feeling weird about this. When she calls Mike (Kevin Bishop) over, she’s looking for some no-strings comfort sex, but she gains so much more. Hannah (Hannah Tointon) takes up tutoring with a little magical twist and gains Tuppence (Lilly Lucia Ainsworth) – a privileged, precocious and pretty lonely pupil. Grace’s anxiety levels reach fever pitch when she becomes convinced that Gerry doesn’t like her as much as she likes him. Stella (Lacey Turner) is set on finding her one true love through efficient means. When things inevitably go disastrously wrong, it’s time to reach for that spell book!

alan45
26-10-2012, 15:49
Switch
Episode: 6 of 6
Monday, 19 November 2012, 10:00PM - 11:00PM
Entertainment & Comedy

EPISODE SIX

It’s the Summer Solstice and the girls go to Grace (Phoebe Fox) and Hannah’s (Hannah Tointon) hometown of Lower Sooth to celebrate. Hannah is disappointed when her mum, Esme (Imogen Stubbs) is nowhere to be found, Grace is shocked when Gerry (Jamie Davis) turns up despite them casting a spell so that he wouldn’t and Jude (Nina Toussaint-White) is looking forward to a bit of excitement in the forest with her first love, Jack (Howard Charles). But these are the least of their concerns when the Witches of Kensington arrive – with Alexa’s mother, Karina (Diana Kent) in tow. This super-coven is set on bringing the Witches of Camden down. Before the longest night of the year is out, there is a scandalous showdown to survive and some shocking home truths to be shared.

tammyy2j
26-10-2012, 15:56
I dont like any of the four witches so not sticking with the show myself

N.Fan
03-11-2012, 15:20
The first two episodes were good but the third episode wasn't quite as good,but still going to watch it again.