PDA

View Full Version : Scott and Bailey Series 2

alan45
20-02-2012, 23:37
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01456/TV02_01_1456300a.jpg

It looks like Suranne Jones's brash DC Rachel Bailey is taking a bit of a bashing in the new series of Scott & Bailey.

The ex Corrie star was sporting a nasty looking cut to her forehead while filming at a Manchester cafe on Friday.

The drama sees Bailey battering a lamppost while drunk and being attacked by a suspect

Katy
21-02-2012, 17:52
That looks like the Cafe outside shudehill bus station!

Perdita
29-02-2012, 16:39
Monday, 12 March 2012, 9:00PM - 10:00PM

Suranne Jones and Lesley Sharp resume their partnership in eight new compelling episodes of the northern-based crime drama Scott & Bailey.

SERIES OVERVIEW:

Acclaimed writer and co-creator Sally Wainwright has written the second series after once again joining forces with Consultancy Producer Diane Taylor, a retired Detective from Greater Manchester Police. Their unique partnership allows viewers and authentic look at the realities and responsibilities of working within a murder squad like Syndicate 9, a Major Incident Team within the Manchester Met Police.

Blending the gritty fast pace murder investigations with the warmth and chaos of their individual private lives, D.C. Rachel Bailey (Suranne Jones) and D.C. Janet Scott (Lesley Sharp) have a robust and engaging friendship which enables them to draw upon each other’s strengths and investigate the untimely and unnatural end to someone’s life.

Rachel Bailey is intuitive, bright, bold, and funny. She’s passionate about her job. Her one big flaw is her impulsiveness, which occasionally leads her boss, Detective Chief Inspector Gill Murray (Amelia Bullmore), to view her as a liability. Rachel persistently burns the candle at both ends, but her moments of intuitive brilliance make her a terrific copper and give her the potential to make a great D.C.I. one day. If only she can keep her chaotic personal life from impacting on her job.

Janet Scott is subtle, deep, reliable, a diplomat and a thinker. She has two teenage daughters and is in a marriage that over the years has become little more than a convenient arrangement for both her and husband Adrian (Tony Pitts). Janet’s a very private person, but when her marriage hits the rocks and Adrian walks out, her affair with Andy Roper (Nicholas Gleaves) becomes more public than she would ever have wanted.

Detective Chief Inspector Gill Murray leads a team of over thirty detectives, including Rachel, Janet and D.S. Andy Roper. A divorced single parent, Gill is a hugely capable woman, whose speedy thought processes require everyone around her to raise their game to keep up with her. Charismatic, funny, clever, fair-minded, occasionally scary, a paradigm of professionalism, Gill is an inspiring detective and leader, always at the centre of the office scene.

Many of the original cast return to the series including; Ben Batt as D.C. Kevin Lumb, David Prosho as D.C. Ian Mitchell, Tony Mooney as D.C. Pete Readyough and Delroy Brown as D.C. Lee Broadhurst, Sally Lindsay as Rachel’s sister Alison, Vincent Regan as D.C.S. Dave Murray and Tony Pitts as Janet’s husband Adrian.

Actors joining the second series include; Sean Maguire, Liam Boyle, Judith Barker, Pippa Haywood, Lisa Riley, Oliver Milburn, James Sutton, Jake Roche and Naomi Radcliffe.

Scott & Bailey was re-commissioned by Director of Drama Commissioning Laura Mackie and Sally Haynes, Controller of Drama Commissioning and is based on an original idea by Suranne Jones and Sally Lindsay.

The series is executive produced for ITV by Nicola Shindler, Director of Red Production Company (Exile, Unforgiven, Mark of Cain) and produced by Tom Sherry (New Tricks, Murphy’s Law, Fat Friends). Sally Wainwright has written episodes 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 8, and together with Nicole Taylor episode 4. Amelia Bullmore has written episode 7. The directors are China Moo-Young, Paul Walker and Morag Fullarton.

EPISODE ONE:

Rachel’s (Suranne Jones) estranged brother, 28 year-old Dominic (Liam Boyle), turns up on Rachel’s doorstep in the rain at 11 o’clock at night. Reluctantly she takes him in, but makes it clear that he must get a job and put his criminal past behind him. Rachel tells Janet she’s got a brother, but says he’s been in London. She can’t tell her that he’s a convicted armed robber.

When Rachel is nearly strangled by a murder suspect, sexy, charismatic traffic cop and old flame Sean (Sean Maguire) comes to her rescue. It’s been 10 years since they last saw each other, but it’s clear they’re still attracted.

Janet tells Adrian (Tony Pitts) to leave after he argues with her mother, Dorothy (Judith Parsons), who’s living with them while she recovers from an operation. Janet’s shaken by the huge bust-up and tells Rachel what’s happened, but doesn’t want Gill (Amelia Bullmore) or Andy (Nicholas Gleaves) to know. Gill’s got enough on, but Janet doesn’t yet articulate why she doesn’t want Andy to know.

The story of the week is part one of a grisly two-parter. The badly burned body of a disabled man turns up in a remote part of North Manchester. A few days later another badly burned body is discovered. Syndicate 9 find themselves working alongside Syndicate 3, with the formidable, funny D.C.I. Julie Dodson (Pippa Haywood), who also happens to be Gill’s best mate.

The team start to realise that their victims weren’t just murdered, but were tortured too. They make an arrest, but when their prime suspect’s brother is brutally murdered, it becomes clear that their investigation has just scratched the surface.

alan45
02-03-2012, 17:54
Scott & Bailey
Episode: 2 of 8
Monday, 19 March 2012, 9:00PM - 10:00PM
Drama

EPISODE TWO:

Rachel (Suranne Jones) encourages Dom (Liam Boyle) to try and get a job, but with no success. He’s feckless, poorly motivated and lacks confidence. He goes to Rachel’s birthday celebration with the whole of Syndicate 9, but surrounded by so many police officers, we see how vulnerable he is.

Rachel wakes up to find sexy, charismatic Sean (Sean Maguire) in bed with her. He’s delighted. She’s wondering whether that wasn’t the best idea. He’s on her doorstep later on, wanting to stay the night. Rachel turns him away, too tired, but he does join her birthday celebration, where he charms Kevin (Ben Batt) and Rachel’s other colleagues.

Janet’s mum, Dorothy (Judith Barker), helps with the girls. Taisie (Harriet Waters) continues to be sad about her dad not being there, whilst Elise (Olivia Rose Smith) seems to have taken it in her stride. Dorothy of course feels guilty. At Rachel’s birthday celebrations Andy (Nicholas Gleaves) finds out from Taisie (Harriet Waters) that Adrian (Tony Pitts) and Janet (Lesley Sharp) have split up. He’s amazed and hurt that she hasn’t told him.

Having arrested four people for the series of grisly, brutal murders, the team face a wall of silence. But the Major Incident Team’s calm interview techniques prevail, and the banal truth emerges; in the sad, mindless, drug and alcohol infested world the murderers inhabit, the horrific crimes happened as a result of a five-pound debt over a dog.

alan45
09-03-2012, 20:32
Episode: 3*of*8
Monday, 26 March 2012,*9:00PM*-*10:00PM
Drama

Rachel (Suranne Jones) discovers Dom (Liam Boyle) renting himself out for sex with men. She goes ballistic, but is then heartbroken to realise that this is what he’s had to do in prison. She makes it clear he can’t do this anymore and that he has to get an HIV test. Dom goes AWOL as a result, but eventually comes round to accepting that he should get himself tested. But unknown to Rachel, he’s started drinking again, contrary to the conditions of his license.

Rachel learns from Gill (Amelia Bullmore) that the CPS are not going to charge Nick Savage with her attempted murder. Both women are appalled and Rachel questions her instincts and wonders how she can have been in love with such a man.

The story of the week concerns Jeremy Leach (Oliver Milburn), an infamous serial killer who was imprisoned thirteen years ago for the rape and murder of four women in the South West. Now another woman has been raped and murdered and Leach’s exact M.O. has been used. Because Gill helped catch Leach thirteen years ago when she worked as a special officer for the National Crime Faculty, she is brought in to advise on the new killing, and decides to take Rachel with her. Articulate and intelligent, Leach plausibly claims to be an innocent man, and that this latest killing shows that the real murderer is still out there.

N.Fan
10-03-2012, 16:06
Once again another good drama not on STV or Grampian only on ITV.It's totally annoying when this keeps happening with certain programmes,especially when everyone pays the same amount for a TV licence,but not everyone gets the chance to watch a certain programme:wall:

Chloe O'brien
11-03-2012, 17:07
Once again another good drama not on STV or Grampian only on ITV.It's totally annoying when this keeps happening with certain programmes,especially when everyone pays the same amount for a TV licence,but not everyone gets the chance to watch a certain programme:wall:

Up in Scotland we are getting repeats of "The Fixer" whoopee. I will be watching ITV on 853 Up your Scottish telly.

Perdita
12-03-2012, 09:45
Scott & Bailey won over millions of viewers when it aired its first series last year, and now it's back with some brand new episodes!

We're pleased to see the pair on our screens again, so we weren't going to miss out when stars Suranne Jones and Lesley Sharp chatted to reporters at the launch of the second series.

Read on to find out what the pair had to say about their characters, dark humour, and tangled love lives...

Lesley, you have children and you work, like Janet. Is it as hectic for you?
Lesley: "I do a very different job. I think what is really interesting about Scott & Bailey is that [writer] Sally [Wainwright] has managed to portray in a very warm but very real way in Janet a woman who is absolutely committed to the job that she does and wants to do it to the best of her ability, and is actually very comfortable with the procedure involved in doing that job very well.

"But where it goes awry is when there are no rules to follow - it's real life... Actually, sometimes going to work is easier than being at home and having to sort out the chaos, and I think Sally's done that brilliantly.

"I don't think it's done very often in a very real way. It's often one or the other - someone who's doing really well at work isn't engaged at home, or someone who's worn down and up to their eyes in domesticity actually doesn't do a very high-powered or respected job, and I think that that's one of the reasons why Janet made sense to a lot of people."

What can we expect to see in Scott and Bailey's relationship this series?
Suranne: "I think last season Janet tended to look after Rachel a lot. And I think that's alright for a certain period in someone's life, but then you have to let someone go and make their own decisions, choices, mistakes. So Sally was aware that there needed to be a shift in that.

"Because Janet's character has some home turmoil and has that to deal with, and Rachel has her brother and then [has to deal with the character played by] Sean Maguire, they both start off quite separate with their separate issues. So there isn't room to mollycoddle and look after each other, and I think that makes for a more interesting mix.

"[Rachel] has to deal with a lot herself without having to go to Janet, which gives us as actresses two separate and more interesting storylines that can cross over at work. And also we can talk on a more mature level. So there's a hope that Rachel is more rounded and becomes more mature during this series. There's a hope!"

Lesley: "I think as well that there's a limit to how much you can keep portraying the sort of Pygmalion dynamic of what their relationship was last year, which is the teacher and the pupil. I think that actually what's very satisfying in this series is that there's a coming together of them as partners, as colleagues, and the age differential doesn't matter.

"They rely on each other and they completely respect each other for the strengths that they have in the workplace, but you also find Janet - as someone who should be older and wiser - confiding in a younger woman about things that trouble her.

"I really like that they're friends and colleagues first, and the age thing and what would classically be perceived as the dynamic - the older one who instructs the younger one on how to do things - isn't there. They're just colleagues."

Suranne, you came up with the idea for the series. Do you still have any control over the show?
Suranne: "No. I think that Rachel is true to the character that was born. Rachel is flawed, she's maverick - she was meant to be what we usually perceive as a male voice character, so that's still stayed very true to that. Sometimes you'll get early scripts and you'll have an opinion, but no.

"Along the line things have been tweaked and changed... Also, the script is a very Sally Wainwright script - the light and dark and the comedy element. So it's very much a Sally Wainwright-Diane Taylor creation but the idea was born by myself and Sally Lindsay, and still, to this day, I hold fast with Rachel and can be very protective of her because I think that's the thing that did survive. Being close to it sometimes isn't always great because you go, 'Oh, what about Rachel? What about Rachel?' But I think it's good."

Amelia Bullmore, who plays Gill Murray, has written an episode this series. Does that appeal to you?
Suranne: "I don't know how Amelia has done it actually! I think she left Scott & Bailey and then she did another Twenty Twelve and Sherlock and then something else. And she had a play on and then she wrote episode seven. And both of us left Scott & Bailey and went on to do other projects and then we still felt that we were like, 'Oh my God, this has come round quick'.

"So yes, I have things that have sat there that Nicola keeps telling me I should write, that I keep walking past. But life's just so busy and those two or three days that you get off, we get so excited about that, don't we?"

Lesley: "I think the thing is that Amelia is a very experienced and gifted writer. What she's managed to achieve in the episode that she's written for Scott & Bailey is that she's been absolutely true to her own voice as a writer but has absolutely understood the requirements of the show.

"The finesse with which she's managed to write a cracking episode of television which does not seem out of place amongst the others is phenomenal and that's not easy. That's not everybody who can do that. You have to know what you're doing, you have to be experienced. You can't just say, 'I'm an actress in Scott & Bailey, I'm going to write an episode'. In addition to being a very gifted actress, Amelia is also a very gifted writer."

And she is a very important part of the show, isn't she?
Suranne: "[She's] brilliant, and has been written up because of that very reason this year. You only went home with Scott and Bailey last year and this year you go home with Scott and Bailey and Murray. I think that Sally and Amelia have a brilliant relationship because you can just see when Amelia comes on screen that Sally loves writing for her.

"She does a really difficult task - not only is Jill funny and brilliant and loveable but she's a storyteller, and what Amelia does with those expositional scenes is jaw dropping sometimes, because she gets the story out. We're all sat round a table making our notes going, 'God, I really understand every word of that - you've told the story, you've picked the pace up and you've moved it along'. It's brilliant - she's brilliant."

How do you think Scott & Bailey gets away with its humour, which sometimes comes at crime scenes, for example?
Lesley: "The thing that is established is that all of the people who work in major incident teams take their jobs incredibly seriously, and one of the things that Diane said to us was that she feels that it's a matter of respect for someone who's been murdered to find out what happened to them in the last minutes of their lives.

"So they're taking their jobs incredibly seriously. And because that's on the go it doesn't mean that they don't have a sense of humour. In fact, it's the reverse which is often the case when you're out on the coal face of some of the grimmest, meanest scenes - you can find things incredibly funny.

"That is the reality of those policemen and women that Diane talked to us about and it's certainly something that Sally Wainwright was keen to explore because people don't want to be hit over the head all the time with how terrible these scenes are, because actually that's not what it's like for people who are members of major incident teams. They go to work and they have a good time doing their job with good colleagues, but what they're investigating is not necessarily the prettier aspects of human nature."

And we don't see the body or crime either, really.
Lesley: "I definitely think we don't rub people's faces in the extremity of the more depraved aspects of human behaviour. They're talked about but they're not necessarily flagged up in a special effects corpse or someone with extremist makeup."

Suranne: "When you've got lines like, 'W**ked over him while he stuck a Phillips screwdriver into him' or, 'We found Keith Fleming's semen in someone's anal swab'... that's quite explicit."

Lesley: "It tells the story."

Suranne: "And by the time we've moved on you go, 'Huh? What?' and you've moved onto someone else and Jill's cracking a joke with someone, and you go, 'Huh? Oh God, OK' and your imagination does the rest. I think that's what again is quite brilliant."

Did either of you ever think about joining the police when you were growing up?
Lesley: "I think funnily enough there are definitely similarities [between acting and the police]. I think as a police officer when you're dealing with a member of the public you put something on because you have to appear to be this person who knows what they're talking about, and of course you're also trying to figure out the Rubik's cube of why people behave in the way that they do.

"Of course, for actors, that's what we do - we pretend to be other people, so hopefully members of the audience won't just think, 'Oh, it's her again', they'll believe in the characters you're portraying. And also we're trying to make as complex and as realistic as possible psychological Rubik's cubes for the head of the characters that we're playing. So there are parallels."

Lesley, Janet's lover Andy is played by your husband Nicholas Gleaves. Does that make the scenes easier?
Lesley: "I think the thing is that we're fortunately very good colleagues and we appreciate the work as colleagues. It's like working with anyone that I've known for a very long time. What we're engaged in is doing the best possible work that we can, so that's how we go about it."

How did you end up working on the same show?
Lesley: "It had nothing to do with either of us. Nick's an actor and I'm an actress - we don't have the same agent. There's a script with a role in it that was right for him and it so happened that there was a role that was right for me and we both got cast, but it wasn't a conversation that we had that it would be a good idea if we did a television series together because that's not the way life works."

Neither of your characters are strangers to tangled love lives - what can we expect in that area?
Suranne: "You would think Rachel Bailey would have learnt an awful lot from last year, and there is a couple of things I read about, 'God, how could she not know? She's a detective! How could she not know, for example, he's been having an affair for two years?' But we hear about it all the time - professional, intelligent women this happens to.

"Anyway, we left her with Nick putting a contract out to kill her, so she's kind of off men. Men is off the agenda. Also, with Janet's help, Gill gives her another chance and she doesn't lose her job, so she's very ambitious at the beginning.

"Then Sean McCartney, played by Sean Maguire, tips up at the end of episode one and is this annoying presence in her life. He is constantly rubbing her up and they're arguing, then he's asking her to marry him. Sally compared it to The Taming of the Shrew at one point. It's like he's trying to wear her down. It's something that you kind of think women will go, 'Can you not see that maybe this guy is interesting and right for you?' Of course, Rachel can't.

"She's not interested in her history, either - she's interested in moving forward and he represents her past. And then we hear what's happened to Nick Savage in about episode three or four and that becomes confusing for her as well. [Janet's] in a mess as well!"

Scott & Bailey begins tonight (Monday, March 12) at 9pm on ITV1.

N.Fan
12-03-2012, 15:41
Up in Scotland we are getting repeats of "The Fixer" whoopee. I will be watching ITV on 853 Up your Scottish telly.
Is 853 0n SKY,if it is I only have Freeview.

Chloe O'brien
16-03-2012, 18:56
Is 853 0n SKY,if it is I only have Freeview.

No Virgin I don't know what number sky is. If you can't get it you should be able to see it on itvplayer.

Katy
17-03-2012, 12:41
Suranne jones os looking very thin.

Perdita
19-03-2012, 13:02
Scott & BaileyEpisode: 4 of 8
Monday, 2 April 2012, 9:00PM - 10:00PM

Dom (Liam Boyle) goes for his HIV test and it’s negative. But Dom’s euphoria leads him to do something stupid that not only puts his life in danger, but also means that Rachel misses her sergeant’s exam. She is beside herself with anger.

Sean (Sean Maguire) and Rachel (Suranne Jones) continue to have great sex and make each other smile. He thinks they should stop wasting time, accept that they’re destined to be together, and get married. She’s not convinced.

Janet (Lesley Sharp) has been persuaded to give it a whirl with Andy (Nicholas Gleaves), but now she’s having regrets. She didn’t finish with Adrian (Tony Pitts) just to make room for Andy. She decides to tell Andy that it isn’t what she wants. She thought it might’ve been, but it isn’t. Andy finds it hard to accept. In fact we get the very strong idea that he isn’t going to accept it.

The story of the week involves the hunt for missing 8-year-old Dylan Nicol. When his body turns up, it’s clear that Dylan has been the victim of a paedophile. The story is a portrait of a plausible, deeply deceitful man who consciously puts himself right at the heart of the investigation and right at the heart of the vulnerable family whose child he has cruelly violated.

© Copyright ITV plc 2012

alan45
26-03-2012, 15:33
Scott & Bailey
Episode: 5 of 8
Monday, 9 April 2012, 9:00PM - 10:00PM
Drama

Angry and upset about missing her sergeant’s exam, and about the fact that Nick Savage is not being charged with her attempted murder, Rachel (Suranne Jones) gets drunk with Janet (Lesley Sharp) After a robust night out, Janet puts Rachel to bed, and we see guilty Dom (Liam Boyle) look after her. He’s appalled by the state she’s in - he isn’t used to seeing her so vulnerable.

Sean (Sean Maguire) rings Rachel to say he’s booked the registry office. It’s all a bit of a daft joke, but at the same time he does appear to be serious about it. At a time when Rachel’s inner demons are giving her hell, she’s made to realise that Sean’s relentless cheerfulness does make her smile.

Andy (Nicholas Gleaves) tries to talk to Janet, but as far as she’s concerned she’s stated her case and he should accept that. He insists she’s not in a good place to be making decisions at the moment, and that he’s prepared to give her all the time and space she needs. But when she gets home, Andy’s there, ingratiating himself with her mother and with Elise (Olivia Rose Smith). Janet’s amazed that he’s not listening to what she’s saying. She tells him she finds his behaviour threatening and will tell Gill (Amelia Bullmore) if he doesn’t start to get the message.

In this episode we have two crime stories. Janet finally faces the interview with Geoff Hastings (Kevin Doyle), for which she’s been preparing for months, and learns much more than she bargained for, whilst Rachel and the rest of the team investigate the brutal, racially motivated murder of a 21 year-old taxi driver.

alan45
30-03-2012, 15:05
Scott & Bailey
Episode: 6 of 8
Monday, 16 April 2012, 9:00PM - 10:00PM
Drama

Acclaimed writer and co-creator Sally Wainwright has written the second series after once again joining forces with Consultancy Producer Diane Taylor, a retired Detective from Greater Manchester Police. Their unique partnership allows viewers and authentic look at the realities and responsibilities of working within a murder squad like Syndicate 9, a Major Incident Team within the Manchester Met Police.

Blending the gritty fast pace murder investigations with the warmth and chaos of their individual private lives, D.C. Rachel Bailey (Suranne Jones) and D.C. Janet Scott (Lesley Sharp) have a robust and engaging friendship which enables them to draw upon each other’s strengths and investigate the untimely and unnatural end to someone’s life.

Rachel (Suranne Jones) finds Dom (Liam Boyle) drinking a can of lager with Sean (Sean Maguire). She takes it off him and tells Sean that Dom has a problem.

Sean wants Rachel to meet his son from his now defunct marriage, if she’s going to be his ‘other mummy’. Haydn (Harry Simpson) is eight years old and a chip off the old block. Rachel can think of nothing worse. Sean continues to talk like they’re getting married, whilst Rachel insists they’re not, even though they’re still very sexy together.

Andy (Nicholas Gleaves) asks Janet (Lesley Sharp) out for a drink, he wants to talk. She turns him down, and he accuses her of having ‘had him on.’

Gill (Amelia Bullmore) has had to leave the briefing on a mercy dash for Sammy (Jake Roche) – Dave’s (Vincent Regan) drunk and maudlin and Sammy doesn’t know what to do with him. Gill calls Janet and asks her to help get Dave round to his mother’s. She tells Janet that she’s noticed a bad atmosphere between her and Andy and worries that it could affect the team. Janet tells her that Andy turned up at her house, uninvited, and that she found his behaviour intimidating.

A woman with a green face and head, and dressed in a sexy Ann Summers’ policewoman’s outfit, turns up dead in a field at Dob Cross. Gill makes the assumption that the killer is a lover. The only trouble is Susie Binns had more lovers than most people have hot dinners. Which one of them will it be? And why has she got a green face?

alan45
05-04-2012, 17:30
Episode: 7 of 8
Monday, 23 April 2012, 9:00PM - 10:00PM
Drama

Suranne Jones and Lesley Sharp resume their partnership in 8 new compelling episodes of the northern-based crime drama Scott & Bailey.

Episode seven:

Sean (Sean Maguire) has another surprise up his sleeve for Rachel (Suranne Jones). He’s seen her mum, who he says would love to see Rachel. But Rachel’s spent years trying not to think about her mum, so Sean’s notion doesn’t go down too well. Persistent as ever, Sean shows Rachel some old family photos, and she starts to wonder whether being a mother of three at her age might be a tougher task than she’d ever imagined.

Unable to accept that Janet (Lesley Sharp) has called a halt to their affair, Andy (Nicholas Gleaves) punishes her by keeping her out of the heart of the investigation. When Janet rebels and goes out to meet a witness, Andy’s anger is palpable, and the ensuing row very quickly becomes personal and excruciatingly exposing. Janet can’t understand how the situation has got so bad, but Gill (Amelia Bullmore) can. She tells Andy that he has a duty to tell Janet what she already knows.

When Leon Foster turns up dead, with a bullet hole in his head, it looks at first like a typical gang killing. But the discovery that Leon has been sexually mutilated raises suspicions that this was a domestic murder. When lines of enquiry take Janet and Rachel into a world of baby mothers and line-ups, they’re shocked by what these girls consider to be normal or even flattering behaviour.

alan45
16-04-2012, 14:09
Scott & Bailey
Episode: 8 of 8
Monday, 30 April 2012, 9:00PM - 10:00PM
Drama

LAST IN SERIES:

Hung-over from a hen night, Rachel’s (Suranne Jones) day goes from bad to worse when D.C.I. Julie Dodson (Pippa Haywood) arrives at the station to tell her that Nick Savage has been brutally assaulted and that she’s top of the list of suspects. Feeling vulnerable and scared, and unable to recall the events of the previous night, Rachel is struggling to convince even herself that she didn’t do it.

Having thought she’d made her peace with Andy (Nicholas Gleaves), Janet (Lesley Sharp) is shocked to discover that Andy has given her misinformation, resulting in Gill (Amelia Bullmore) missing an appointment with the Coroner. Unable to get to the bottom of who is messing her around, a furious and heartbroken Gill tells Janet and Andy that one of them will have to leave the syndicate.

When Gill first meets Margaret Selwyn, it’s to tell her that her husband’s death seems to have been accidental – he slipped in the bath and banged his head. But when Margaret’s two daughters, Joanne and Catherine, tell Janet that their mother often talked of her plans to kill their dad, Gill is forced to re-investigate the case.

Perdita
16-04-2012, 14:10

alan45
16-04-2012, 16:11
Scott & Bailey
Episode: 8 of 8
Monday, 30 April 2012, 9:00PM - 10:00PM
Drama

LAST IN SERIES:

Hung-over from a hen night, Rachel’s (Suranne Jones) day goes from bad to worse when D.C.I. Julie Dodson (Pippa Haywood) arrives at the station to tell her that Nick Savage has been brutally assaulted and that she’s top of the list of suspects. Feeling vulnerable and scared, and unable to recall the events of the previous night, Rachel is struggling to convince even herself that she didn’t do it.

Having thought she’d made her peace with Andy (Nicholas Gleaves), Janet (Lesley Sharp) is shocked to discover that Andy has given her misinformation, resulting in Gill (Amelia Bullmore) missing an appointment with the Coroner. Unable to get to the bottom of who is messing her around, a furious and heartbroken Gill tells Janet and Andy that one of them will have to leave the syndicate.

When Gill first meets Margaret Selwyn, it’s to tell her that her husband’s death seems to have been accidental – he slipped in the bath and banged his head. But when Margaret’s two daughters, Joanne and Catherine, tell Janet that their mother often talked of her plans to kill their dad, Gill is forced to re-investigate the case.

Pity this is the last episode. Let's hope they make a third one

N.Fan
17-04-2012, 16:08
I hope it's not long until they show Scott and Baily series 2 on STV.