PDA

View Full Version : Prisoners Wives

tammyy2j
25-01-2012, 15:57
Tiger Aspect Productions’ new BBC One drama series Prisoners’ Wives tells the story of four very different women, each struggling to cope with a significant man in her life serving time in prison.
Gemma, Francesca, Lou and Harriet are played by a strong and distinguished cast of female leads whose characters will clash and connect over the six episodes.
Written by Julie Gearey, this relationship-based ensemble drama is set and filmed in Sheffield and stars Emma Rigby, Polly Walker, Pippa Haywood and Natalie Gavin, supported by actors including Jonas Armstrong and Iain Glen.
Emma Rigby (Hollyoaks) plays Gemma; she has the perfect life - a perfect house, a perfect husband and a baby on the way. Despite a troubled upbringing, Gemma finally has the security and love she always craved… or so she thinks. Her life comes crashing around her when armed police storm her house and arrest her husband on suspicion of murder. Steve is adamant of his innocence - but should Gemma believe him?
Polly Walker (Rome, State Of Play) plays Francesca; a colourful and glamorous career criminal’s wife. She is happy to turn a blind eye to her husband’s crimes and let him call the shots in exchange for a life of luxury while he’s inside. But when she goes from riches to rags, Francesca is forced to question a marriage that consists of two hours a week in a prison visits hall. Is a relationship worth fighting for when you haven’t been touched in years - or can Francesca find happiness elsewhere?
Pippa Haywood (Green Wing, Brittas Empire) plays Harriet; a respectable middle-aged upstanding member of the local community. She led a quiet and sheltered life until her ‘tough love’ resulted in the imprisonment and estrangement of her only son. She is desperate to connect with him, but how far will she cross the line in order to earn his forgiveness?
Natalie Gavin (The Arbour) is Lou; a devoted mother to 7-year-old Mason. Her boyfriend Sean is serving time on her behalf. Desperate to keep mother and son together, he took the rap for Lou’s drug-dealing on the agreement that she would stop. Trapped in a crime-ridden estate, Lou sees dealing as her way to escape - but if she’s caught, she stands to lose everything.

thestud2k7
26-01-2012, 02:48
this does look good i hope i'm not disappointed

Katy
26-01-2012, 07:49
Whens this on? I seen the advrts and they look good. Hopefully its going to be some decent drama from the bbc

tammyy2j
26-01-2012, 11:45
Whens this on? I seen the advrts and they look good. Hopefully its going to be some decent drama from the bbc

Next Tuesday at 9pm on BBC 1

Perdita
26-01-2012, 13:13
Prisoners' Wives

Harriet is distraught when she discovers that Gavin has been attacked in prison.
Harriet is desperate to help her son, but has to face the harsh fact that bullying is a reality of prison life. The only possible way to secure Gavin’s protection is to ‘buy off’ the bully with drugs. Harriet agrees to help Gavin, but where will she get drugs from and how will she smuggle them in?

Gemma’s eyes are opened as she realises her husband is still keeping secrets from her. Finding herself homeless, Francesca is forced to reach out to her estranged father and her family move into her childhood home. And Lou is put on alert after the school tell her that they have notified Social Services about Mason’s worrying behavioural changes.

lizann
26-01-2012, 21:19
Robin Hood in prison

tammyy2j
27-01-2012, 14:57
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KaxkYTrv3Y&feature=player_embedded

Perdita
02-02-2012, 14:29
21 February 2012

Lou returns home from a night-time deal to find her flat door open and Mason’s bed empty. She panics - has he been abducted?
Then she spots him - he’s been sleepwalking. Guilt-ridden, Lou vows never to leave Mason home alone again and to become a more responsible mother. She wants to stop drug dealing. But leaving behind a world of criminality is never easy, and as Lou tries to go straight her innocent son gets himself into a lot of trouble.

Gemma is determined to see justice prevail and helps the police build a case against her husband. She goes to extraordinary lengths to protect her anonymity – but is it enough? Meanwhile, Francesca attends a prison-run marriage guidance course, under duress. Paul is hoping that they still have a future and does his best to win her back, but will Francesca capitulate?

Katy
02-02-2012, 16:22
i quite enjoyed the first episode. Preffered Polly Walkers seens to Emma Rigbys so hopefully we will se more of Francesca next week.

Perdita
09-02-2012, 11:06
28 February 2012

Gemma is distressed when she discovers that Andy has been released on police bail because of insufficient evidence.

Detective Hunter reassures her that she has to stay calm and keep acting normally with Steve while they build a case against him and Andy. But when Gemma visits Steve – on Family Day at the prison – she starts to fear that Steve knows she has betrayed him…

Meanwhile Paul sends Francesca an anniversary card containing a map, detailing where they can sneak off to have sex on family day. It seems like mission impossible, but will they pull it off?

Lou moves in with Harriet and is fitted with an electronic tag. But with Mason still in care, will she get him back and how will she break the news to an unsuspecting Sean?

And with Harriet’s attentions firmly focussed on helping Lou and Mason, Gavin starts to feel usurped, jealous and angry. What will he do next?

JustJodi
10-02-2012, 07:04
I have been enjoying the show so far,, all of the characters are pretty good. I really like Francesca and Gemma...

Katy
10-02-2012, 07:31
i definitley preferred the second episode to the first one. Im not to sure why but i think its because i prefer the character of Francesca and not Gemma. Think i just prefer her characters back story.

moonstorm
10-02-2012, 08:20
Gemma spent the whole of the fist episode crying, which was a bit boring, second one definately better.

Perdita
10-02-2012, 08:25
I am really enjoying this programme and so far like all characters

Abigail
12-02-2012, 17:38
I wasn't really impressed by the first episode but I'll give the second one a go. It seems to be a better episode.

Perdita
16-02-2012, 12:54
Tuesday 6 March

9.00-10.00pm

Gemma is terrified when Andy tells her that he and Steve know she’s been talking to the police.

Andy instructs her to withdraw her statement. But when she tells DC Hunter, he whisks her straight into witness protection. As David explains that this is forever Gemma starts to lose her nerve: is this what she wants?

She becomes increasingly agitated and is on the verge of leaving David’s protection when she starts to go in to labour. And as her contractions kick in, Gemma is shot at through her hotel window. Will Gemma and her baby survive?

Also, Francesca reluctantly agrees to collect some illegal money from the airport for Paul’s business but little does she realise that she is being followed. Who is following her and what do they want?

Harriet senses a spark with Prison Chaplain Ian. Seemingly reconciled with Gavin and with encouragement from Lou, Harriet makes her move on her man. But out of practice in the love game, things don’t turn out quite as Harriet had hoped...

And as Lou is joyfully reunited with Sean upon his release from prison, she vows to have the time of her life - for she knows she is on borrowed time. From prisoner’s wife to prisoner, it’s only a matter of time before Lou is sent down.

N.Fan
08-03-2012, 15:57
Was a bit annoyed they didn't show what happens to Steve.

tammyy2j
26-04-2012, 15:28
BBC One drama Prisoners' Wives has been given a second series, it has been confirmed.

Creator Julie Gearey revealed to the Radio Times that she is already "bursting at the seams" with new stories for the second run.

Series two will be a slightly shorter run of four episodes, which will air in 2013.

Emma Rigby, Polly Walker, Pippa Haywood, Natalie Gavin, Jonas Armstrong and Adam Gillen starred in the South Yorkshire-based drama about four women coping without their partners, who are all in prison.

The first run ended earlier this year with over 5 million viewers for the sixth episode.

Its first series was highly praised by critics, with The Guardian describing the show as a "thrusting character-driven piece with a cast you can't take your eyes off".

tammyy2j
18-02-2013, 16:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5w2QEsxYYB0

lizann
19-02-2013, 13:57
so gemma and lou are gone

Katy
20-02-2013, 11:39
I loved this last time. Is that Sally carmen who is going to be in this new one instead of Emma rigby, hope so as I think she is great. Saw her recently in a play in Manchester and she was amazing,

tammyy2j
20-02-2013, 14:39
I loved this last time. Is that Sally carmen who is going to be in this new one instead of Emma rigby, hope so as I think she is great. Saw her recently in a play in Manchester and she was amazing,

I see Kelly from Shameless there not sure the actress name

JustJodi
20-02-2013, 17:25
I am so ready for this series.......

Katy
20-02-2013, 21:39

Yes thats her thanks tammy. She was kelly from shameless abd she has recently been in the first episode of jimmy mcgoverns latest movin on a few weeks back.

Katy
20-02-2013, 21:39

Yes thats her thanks tammy. She was kelly from shameless abd she has recently been in the first episode of jimmy mcgoverns latest movin on a few weeks back.

Perdita
27-02-2013, 14:24
In Series Two of Prisoners’ Wives you can look forward to the return of glamorous gangster’s wife Francesca and long-suffering prisoner’s Mum, Harriet. They are joined by two new characters Kim the respectable wife of a man falsely accused of the most heinous crime, and Aisling, the gutsy teenage daughter of a repeat offender.
As each of the women struggle with the fall-out from their loved one's imprisonment, viewers can expect crime and jeopardy, joy and laughter, sex and secrets. This series, Francesca is forced to confront the ugly reality of her husband’s world. As the line blurs between criminal and criminal’s wife, she and her family face devastating consequences. For Harriet, there’s a chance at happiness in her relationship with prison Chaplain Ian – but how will her son Gavin react to a new man in her life? Meanwhile Aisling is desperate for her father to behave in prison and get out in time for her wedding, and Kim’s past comes back to haunt her in her fight to clear her husband’s name.

Gangster’s wife Francesca is at the heart of an escalating gangland turf-war. When her home is set alight with her family inside, Francesca wants to run away - but is persuaded by her husband Paul that he will keep her safe. But as Francesca finds herself duped by Paul, under scrutiny from the police, at odds with her terrified family and living as a prisoner in a high-security apartment, things seem far from ‘safe’.

Meanwhile, Kim’s perfect world is turned upside-down when her loving husband and the father of her three young boys is accused of the most heinous of crimes. Kim is convinced that the allegation is malicious, but as her husband is sent to prison on remand, no one will listen to her.

Harriet is delighted that her son Gavin has found friendship with a group of Muslim inmates and wants to convert to Islam. Harriet is on her own spiritual journey with Jesus… or should that be the prison chaplain? As Harriet pursues her own happiness, Gavin’s protective friends are revealed to be not what they seem.

And Aisling is exasperated that her repeat offender dad is back inside. Brendan promises his only daughter that he’ll keep his head down and make sure he’s released in time for her wedding, but can Brendan keep his promise?

Kim Haines is played by Sally Carman, Fran Miller is played by Polly Walker, Aisling O'Connor isp layed by Karla Crome, and Harriet Allison is played by Pippa Haywood.

Perdita
07-03-2013, 14:30
28th March 2013

Francesca is determined to focus on her fractured family. As she shows her drug-dealing son Matt some tough love and tries to rebuild bridges with her father and daughter, she puts the family ‘business’ (money laundering) on the back burner. But with DCI Fontaine’s surveillance stepping up a gear, is Francesca in too deep to escape the long arm of the law?
Meanwhile, Aisling has to deal with the devastating news that her father is dying. Grief-stricken, she finds comfort in reckless Matt rather then her fiancé Ben. Harriet’s affair with Ian appears to be going from strength to strength, but when Gavin’s actions breach prison security, Ian finds himself professionally compromised with calamitous consequences. And as Kim’s adultery is exposed, the once responsible mother falls into disarray.

tammyy2j
07-03-2013, 15:40
I think it starts back on the 14th of March 2013 at 9pm

Perdita
14-03-2013, 12:19
Thursday 4th April 2013

When Francesca is released from police custody, she is devastated to learn that her father and daughter want nothing to do with her.
Francesca finally realises that being a good mother and a gangster’s wife are irreconcilable, but just as she is prepared to go straight, her worst nightmare is realised; her daughter becomes the target of a gangland crime and her son turns gangster to protect his sister.

Meanwhile, Mick’s release from prison is far from joyful. Kim is desperate to rebuild their marriage, but Mick, traumatised by his imprisonment, wants little to do with her. Harriet is heartbroken when Ian ends their relationship. She blames her son Gavin - will she ever be able to forgive him? And as Aisling makes plans to move away following Brendan’s death, will Matt’s promise to keep out of trouble convince her to stay? And will Matt be able to keep his promise?

*-Rooney-*
21-03-2014, 14:54
is this coming back for a 3rd series or has it been axed?