PDA

View Full Version : Alex Broadhurst

Perdita
24-01-2012, 22:12
Former Coronation Street star Sasha Behar has landed a new role on Holby City.

The actress, best known for playing memorable Weatherfield villain 'Mad' Maya Sharma, is to appear as new consultant Alex Broadhurst - who arrives at the hospital next month as part of a storyline for established character Michael Spence (Hari Dhillon).

Holby City's new producer Justin Young teased the upcoming arrival of Alex in an interview with Inside Soap.

Young commented: "She's smart, dry and professional. Hanssen brings her in to steady the ship and assess whether Michael is capable of taking over his old job after the plastics scandal.

"Michael has no idea how to handle Alex, and she's immune to his charms. She's a rival to Michael, and it's all about whether he can figure her out."

Young also revealed that former EastEnders star Hannah Waterman and ex-Emmerdale actor Luke Tittensor will soon be making guest appearances on Holby.

"Hannah… plays a very sassy patient who has a lovely episode with Michael," he said. "Luke Tittensor is also coming into Holby as Eddi's younger brother Liam. He'll be arriving next month, so that's very exciting. Luc takes Liam under his wing and that unsettles her."

Holby City airs on Tuesday nights at 8pm on BBC One.

Perdita
01-02-2012, 17:31
Holby City newcomer Sasha Behar has revealed that her character Alex Broadhurst will be very different to her classic Coronation Street role as 'Mad' Maya Sharma.

The actress, who portrayed Maya between 2003 and 2004, appears on Holby from next week. Viewers will see new consultant Alex arrive at the hospital as part of a storyline for established regular Michael Spence (Hari Dhillon).

Behar told What's On TV of Alex's personality: "She's a high-flyer, who's proved everything she needs to prove and is just there to do the best job she can. She certainly hasn't come in to put anyone's nose out of joint.

"Alex and Michael are on a collision course the moment they meet. She doesn't know that Michael thinks he's already the boss, and he doesn't know she's been told to apply for the job as clinical lead of AAU. Hanssen's got them both as puppets on a string."

Asked whether Alex could be unhinged like Maya, she replied: "There must be something in my make-up - I seem to bring a little bit of that with me, wherever I go. But, as much as it's hard to live Maya down, Alex goes in a very different direction."

Alex will be on Holby City for a six-episode stint before leaving the hospital.

Behar added: "Her exit [is] to do with something that's revealed about why she came to Holby in the first place."