PDA

View Full Version : Don Beech

suzewebb
18-03-2005, 08:20
Now that Eastenders execs have axed Danny and Jake Moon in a big to move Eastenders away from the 'gangster themes' which apparently have proven not to be popular with many fans......there is a question mark hanging over the character Johnny Allen, played by Billy Murray.

If Johnny is also axed then that would free Billy Murray up to do that return to Sun Hill or wherever Don Beech has fled to this time.

Whilst he is still contracted to BBC it is out of the question but things look dubious about the length of his contract there.

callummc
18-03-2005, 19:10
He said in an interveiw that he'd signed a 1 year contract that could possibly extend to 3 years,from what i read it dosn't sound like he's to happy there,and i personally think he's better in the bill,i suppose if EE decide to axe him early,they'l have to pay him of,and he'll be free to work where he wants as long as he lets his new boss know that EE could call him back if he was needed.

suzewebb
19-03-2005, 10:23
The contracts with such programmes are never BINDING... ie if the programme wants to terminate your contract early they can usually do so with no come back on them... however, if the actor wants to break the contract it is usually a different matter.

Like in any profession these days no contract is a guarantee. And in tv it all depends on the popularity and success of the character.

callummc
22-03-2005, 17:31
I think it depends on who they are and if they get special clauses in their contracy,which means are binding,i think that's why the moon bros are going,and johnnys staying in EE for now,i have a feeling though that his contract won't be renewed,good luck for us bill fines.

suzewebb
22-03-2005, 22:43
However, saying all that, I did watch EE tonight and thought that Billy Murray was excellent... especially the scenes with his daughter. I think EE would be fools to let go of such a class actor.

dddMac1
23-03-2005, 11:54
i quite like Johnny Allen if ItV can pinch Ross Kemp (grant) then the BBC can Pinch Don Beech

suzewebb
23-03-2005, 17:39
He should stay as Johnny for now...Beech can return any time... he usually does....