PDA

View Full Version : Chris Parker sueing the Sun!

*JSW*
17-03-2005, 23:11
Ex EastEnders actor Chris Parker has launched legal action against The Sun over a story it printed earlier this year.

The 21-year-old, who played Spencer Moon, agreed to leave the soap in January after a failed suicide attempt last November.

The Sun had reported that instead of leaving by mutual agreement, Parker was sacked after refusing to see the show's psychologist.

Speaking today, Parker's solicitor, Jonathan Coad of Simkins, said that legal papers had been filed at the High Court in London.

He added that an earlier attempt of calling for an apology had been rejected by the newspaper.

From Digital Spy.

I'm not sure what he aims to achieve. He doesn't have any credibility. Unless he thinks this will get him in the spotlight. Wonder how he's paying for it? (Unless he's using Legal Aid?)

Torrie
17-03-2005, 23:21
I heard this earlier today, but I didn't realise exactly what he was sueing over - I guessed it might be over invasion of privacy and thought he wouldn't have a leg to stand on, but he might win this one if he can prove it isn't true. It won't do him any favours though and I'm sure papers are well used to paying out over things like this and it probably won't cost them a thought.

badactor
17-03-2005, 23:33
Poor lad he can't win, we all know the power of the red tops.
Be prepared for some highly negative attacks on his private life, most of which will probably be made up...

oh how i loathe the tabloid press, hypocrites the lot of them and they wield far too much power, and use it with great ruthlessness, and answer to nobody, the press complaints commission is toothless, politicians are too frightened to take them on, they make slanderous accusations about public figures and us ordinary members of the public, a lot of which is made up, and when the courts order them to print a apology they hide it away in small print on page 34. :mad: :mad:

Meh
17-03-2005, 23:37
Blame Rupert Murdoch. There should be law preventing so much of the media being i the hands of one person.

But to go back on topic, I wonder what the actual suit filed will be?

Jade
17-03-2005, 23:46
aw cant we have a debate about Media Monoply? I guess it would be slander? I bet Max Clifford is involved somewhere

Meh
17-03-2005, 23:54
You could always start one in the General Discussion forum!

Max Clifford is a ..... (just in case they can sue me :D)

*JSW*
17-03-2005, 23:54
aw cant we have a debate about Media Monoply? I guess it would be slander? I bet Max Clifford is involved somewhere
Well I think we can say safely that its not Chris Parker controlling this. I highly doubt he'll win.

Off-topic again but you realy do notice how much of the worlds information sources are dominated by all the same people. Whether it be Bill Gates or Rupert Murdoch, particularly the later. How his personal political views dominate everything he owns and uses it to voice his opinions is wrong. And what makes it worse is that so many people are oblivious to it.

Back on topic and I really don't see Chris Parker winning. On what grounds? For what real reason? This case seems a little off to me....

Jade
17-03-2005, 23:58
Well the Sun reported he was sacked and he wasnt? Is that Slander?

Advertising is just as bad especially the way it influences your opinions sub-consiously (?)

Torrie
18-03-2005, 00:04
They'll probably argue the paper printed an untruth which caused emotional stress to Chris and had a negative impact on his career - he wouldn't want a reputation as unstable or uncooperative, etc. Given that he talked to the press about his suicide attempt, it would be really stupid of him to make any mention of invasion of privacy so he'll probably stick to the unreliability of their claim.
If he wins, it'll be because it may cost the paper less to settle than to pursue a court case and it'll prevent any negative press that may come back on them. On the other hand, they make take the "who does he think he is?" attitude and set out to knock him down a peg.
I'd have thought Chris would have preferred to be out of the spotlight instead of inviting a media circus - though it might not be that high profile anyway 'cos he's only an ex soap actor, it's not as if he's super famous.

Jade
18-03-2005, 00:05
It maybe the old "no publicity is bad publicity"?

*JSW*
18-03-2005, 00:05
But really I don't see why someone would sack over that. Mabye if you were reported to be on drugs or suchlike but to simply say i'm sueing you for saying I was sacked when I wasn't I left for my own reason is totally childish and in simpiler terms lame. I see manipulation all over this....

Meh
18-03-2005, 00:07
Can someone quickly update me on what happened? Something about him being gay or something?

Jade
18-03-2005, 00:08
To be honest I dont see why he (Chris Parker) really cares, surley he must have other more important things to think about in the first place.

I wonder if it has anything to do with tabloid reports about his sexuality?

*JSW*
18-03-2005, 00:14
To be honest I dont see why he (Chris Parker) really cares, surley he must have other more important things to think about in the first place.

I wonder if it has anything to do with tabloid reports about his sexuality?
I thought the sexuality reports would have found their ways to court over this "case". There seems to be something fishy surrounding this....

Jade
18-03-2005, 00:18
I thought the sexuality reports would have found their ways to court over this "case". There seems to be something fishy surrounding this....

I agree!!! (Makes a change :) )

I think what happend was there were tabloid rumors about him being gay and he "apparently" paid a page 3 girl (pure class) to say she had a one night stand with him. Then she blabbed the whole thing to the tabloids

Torrie
18-03-2005, 00:24
Maybe it's not just the claim that he was sacked - it's the way it was put across. The tabloids are always trying to blow things out of proportion and create a story where there is none and their claim makes it look like Chris was sacked when he wasn't, but it also implies that it bosses felt there was a need for him to seek psychological help of some kind and his refusal makes him seem either irrational or in denial over his state - given that he had tried to commit suicide refusinghelp doesn't look like a sensible move.

Meh
18-03-2005, 00:30
Jeez. Why didn't he just go and actually sleep with someone famous and leak that to the tabloids?

Jade
18-03-2005, 00:35
Maybe he did sleep with the Page 3 girl and she made the rest up?

Meh
18-03-2005, 00:40
Could have been. Who do you believe?

Jade
18-03-2005, 00:46
I'm not sure it sounds like he is very young and confused or got some very dodgy advice.

Also its very common at that age to have doubts about sexuality so maybe he was trying a bit of both? (sorry couldnt think of a better way of putting it)

callummc
18-03-2005, 12:08
Who really cares if he's gay or not,he was probably scared that the tabloids would find out and lose him his job,which happrned in the end,lets face it he can't beat the tabloids,and if he wins this one well the papers will then persecute him till they manage to get a juicy story,and then they'l distroy him again,he'd probably be better of he just let it go,and moved on.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
19-03-2005, 11:36
I hate the big gossipers when they make the smallest issues so big. Everyone is a human being even actors so why should they be treated diferently?! Poor Chris.

easyterms
05-04-2005, 21:50
aw no chris wasnt sacked he left on mutual agreement so when the sun says he was sacked they were wrong. How do you know the sun isnt lying about him being gay. I really doubt he is gay as he said, "he gets lots of fanmale from gay blokes, and they are barking up the wrong tree!" which proves that he is not gay. So what if he didnt sleep with a page 3 model and i dont think it was an actual page 3 model, i think her name was lara, a friend of chris.
Stop being mean to chris as he has done nothing wrong and was a really good actor in eastenders.