PDA

View Full Version : 'Casualty' duo Ruth, Jay to leave show

Perdita
21-10-2011, 14:22
Casualty characters Ruth Winters and Jay Faldren are to leave the show, it has been confirmed.

The pair, played by Georgia Taylor and Ben Turner, will both make their departures later this year and show bosses have promised that they have a dramatic exit storyline in store.

Ruth and Jay bow out before Christmas and their final episode has been billed as "explosive and heart-stopping", holby.tv reports.

Meanwhile, a Casualty spokesperson told Digital Spy today: "After four action-packed years playing Dr Ruth Winters in Casualty, Georgia Taylor has decided to leave the show.

"Georgia is a brilliant actress and we cannot thank her enough for her fantastic work portraying Ruth's numerous highs and lows. We wish her the very best for the future and, although we know our viewers are going to miss her, we don't think they'll be disappointed with the character's extremely dramatic exit later this year!"

The representative added: "We also bid a reluctant goodbye to Ben Turner who, for three years, has set our female fans' hearts racing as nurse Jay Faldren. Ben's charm and sense of fun will be greatly missed on the Casualty set and we wish him every success in his future career.

"Casualty is currently introducing a wave of new talent to the show including Michael Obiora, Madeleine Mantock, Charlotte Salt and Oliver Coleman and there will be some very exciting changes to Holby's emergency department as the programme switches to HD in the New Year."

Casualty continues tomorrow at 9pm on BBC One.

tammyy2j
21-10-2011, 14:37
Shame great characters :(

parkerman
21-10-2011, 18:41
show bosses have promised that they have a dramatic exit storyline in store.

Yes, but will it rock the bedpans?

Perdita
21-10-2011, 18:49

If so, I hope the bedpans are empty :p

alan45
21-10-2011, 19:22

It's bound to raise the temperature somewhat and there may be blood spilt in the ED if they are moved to the HDU and Us & Es are required.

Still maybe Ruth/Georgia/Toyah can return to the cobbles and mend Leeannes broken heart, cure Peters alcoholism, cure Carlas nymphomania, find Les and most importantly practice euthanasia on Stellaaaarrrrgggghhh,

Chloe O'brien
21-10-2011, 21:21
Shame great characters :(

Yeah they are. I remember when Ruth first appeared on Casualty. There were many discussions on here on how a cold-hearted bitch she was. Then when she tried to take her own life she became one of the best loved characters.Even when she broke Jay's heart when she got married. I will miss Ruth and it's a credit to Georgia. She is a million miles away from the young Toyah Battersby. Good luck to them both.

xcarlyx
27-11-2011, 19:12
I really like their relationship at the moment and now their leaving.
Jay is the best looking character aswell :(

Perdita
07-12-2011, 15:27
Georgia Taylor has revealed she'd love to try a comedy role out now she's leaving Casualty.

The actress bows out of the medical drama later this month, and admitted she wouldn't mind a change of pace from playing troubled Dr Ruth Winters.

She said: "Oh God I'd love to do comedy if something came along, but I'm open to anything. All actors love those dramatic meaty roles. You'd be lying if you said that you didn't, but yeah I'd definitely be up for some comedy."

She added that she also aspired to work for director Jim Loach, who is Ken Loach's son, saying: "I worked with him years ago. He did a block of Corrie and an episode of Casualty. Essentially he is a film maker; I think that's where his strengths are in doing his own piece of work that he's been involved in the development of, and just a really gentle soul, and just made the most beautiful film last year, so to work with him would be terrific."

As for her own departure, Georgia revealed that Ruth would be leaving with on/off love Jay Faldren.

She said: "I think they want to keep it a little bit open ended; you can say that Ben Turner and I are leaving together but whether we leave dead or alive..."

Jessie Wallace
07-12-2011, 16:22
I've got a horrible feeling it's gonna be get your hankies episode :(

Perdita
07-12-2011, 21:02
Fire is going to rage through the department, my guess is they are both going to die :(