PDA

View Full Version : Candice Quits!

Princess
21-06-2005, 19:00
According to the TV gossip section on AOL Nikki Sanderson has quit her role as Candice. She will be written out later in the year after 6 years of working on the show.

Chris_2k11
21-06-2005, 19:16
I didn't realise she'd been on it for that long! :eek: lol :D

Emmak2005
21-06-2005, 21:14
According to the TV gossip section on AOL Nikki Sanderson has quit her role as Candice. She will be written out later in the year after 6 years of working on the show. Here's the full version from the digital spy site.

Nikki Sanderson is to quit Coronation Street later this year.

The actress - who plays sexy Candice Stowe - is set to walk the cobbles for one last time in the autumn, after six years in the ITV soap.

Her on-screen and real-life boyfriend, Danny Young (Warren Baldwin), was axed recently and rumours ensued that Nikki would soon follow (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds20019.html) suit. Bosses were quick to rubbish (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds20044.html) the claims, suggesting that she was 'having a ball' and had 'no intention of leaving the soap'.

Talking of her departure, she said: "I have had the most fantastic and memorable time here at Corrie. I made the decision to leave as it is time for me and Candice to leave the cobbles on a high.

"I am really sad to be going because I will miss everybody. I am excited about what the future holds and I'd like to thank everybody for the fantastic opportunities I have been given."

Executive producer Tony Wood commented: "Candice is a character with a great deal of ambition and we felt it was not believable that she would stay in Weatherfield forever.

"At the same time Nikki has indicated that she wants to try her hand at other projects - it therefore suits Coronation Street and Nikki for the character to be written out this autumn.

He added: "Nikki has been a real asset to the show and the writers have had great fun writing for Candice. We wish her all the best for the future."

Candice's exit storyline has not yet been confirmed.

Treacle
21-06-2005, 21:17
I won't be sorry to see her go.

Jade
21-06-2005, 21:20
I won't be sorry to see her go.

No nor me!! or that drip that plays Warren!!

Emmak2005
21-06-2005, 21:22
I guess Warren's gone now. Because he hasn't been seen on screen for ages. How very kind the scriptwriters are, not! I don't see why Danny Young is getting so much stick. Ok, so he's a bit of a cocky young actor, but weren't they all at one time.

alan45
21-06-2005, 23:59
Good riidance. Candice had become a complete pantomime character and Im glad to see the back of the helim voiced Warren (reminds me of Mickey Millers voice in EE)

Treacle
22-06-2005, 00:09
Atleast Joe Swash can act! Even if it is below par, it just goes to prove how bad Danny Young is.

alan45
22-06-2005, 00:10
Danny Young is typical of a lot of young stars who make it onto a top TV program and then think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread

Treacle
22-06-2005, 00:20
He is awful and has given them so much bad publicity such as underage drinking, fighting in clubs etc.

alan45
22-06-2005, 00:40
TRue and they are so far up their own ar*es to realise that the gutter press are just out waiting for them to make drunken prats of themselves

Treacle
22-06-2005, 00:44
Still it's better than getting any bad press for the programme itself like EastEnders has been doing.

Luna
22-06-2005, 07:58
Yeah....no more weather girl :) :) :)

Debs
22-06-2005, 09:20
oh well cant say it is much of a loss to me

daisy38
22-06-2005, 09:30
No nor me debs, i thought she was rubbish!

Debs
22-06-2005, 10:09
i like seeing what she stupid thing she will do next but she really is no loss to me! i dont think she can act that well.

xCharliex
22-06-2005, 11:16
Aw i like Nikki Sanderson, shes a really nice girl in real life 2, shes a good actress, i dont think you can put it down 2 bad acting, its just her character she plays.

On the subject of Danny Young, i dont know if any of you saw a drama a while back on BBC1 with Tamzin Outhwaite, it was called 'Out of Control' and there is no way he was rubbish in that, he was brilliant.

Bryan
22-06-2005, 11:30
i heard this last year! that her and debra stephanson had quit, was on the front of a national newspaper!

i will be glad to see the back of her, i hate the character, and i personally hate the actress, as i do not think she can act, and as Madonna Mania showed us she can't sing either

give up hope nicki, you aren't going to make it once you leave coronation street!

bondboffin

eastenders mad
22-06-2005, 11:41
really i thought she was leaving ages ago

Treacle
22-06-2005, 12:50
She can't act anyways.

Jade
22-06-2005, 12:55
xCharliex - Please remove one of your Bannars - stacked bannars are aginst the rules.

Thanks

Treacle
22-06-2005, 12:59
Yeah and they're big ones too :)

xCharliex
22-06-2005, 13:38
I dont kno how people can say shes a bad actress when you have only ever seen her acting as one role. Like i said before its down to the character she plays that she comes across as a bad actress, i really dont think Corrie would have kept her for 6 years if she was that bad

Treacle
22-06-2005, 18:05
She's awful and so is her character. What with all the other deadwood in the programme, they desperately need to get rid of her!

Debs
22-06-2005, 18:15
I dont kno how people can say shes a bad actress when you have only ever seen her acting as one role. Like i said before its down to the character she plays that she comes across as a bad actress, i really dont think Corrie would have kept her for 6 years if she was that bad

i dont agree that is is the character that is making her seem a bad actress. she can blame it on that if she wants!!!! she is bad bad bad!! lets wait and see when/if she gets another role in something how her acting is then.

Treacle
22-06-2005, 18:20
If she gets another role lol :) People like her are 250 a penny.

Debs
22-06-2005, 18:25
maybe i could take over her role i cant act either

Treacle
22-06-2005, 18:29
She's like a wooden tree. Vile creature, she doesn't even look that nice.

Debs
22-06-2005, 18:44
no wq wooden trees make better actors!!!!! LOL

Treacle
22-06-2005, 18:47
Yeah, you can say that again debs babe x

Tamzi
22-06-2005, 18:57
All I can say is I'm gald she's gone, she didnt bring much to the show.
xxx

Treacle
22-06-2005, 18:59
And she's taking nothing away with her either, no way can she possibly land another job unless she meets some insane casting director.

Debs
22-06-2005, 19:01
it quite good really we get rid of candice and her annoying little boyfriend!!
good in every way

xCharliex
22-06-2005, 21:13
Well i hope she does well in the future, shes a better actress than that Zoe from Eastenders, and better lookin! Plus Corrie is a much better soap. Im sure her fans will miss her, 2 be honest i cant say ive missed her in the soap, but good luck 2 her

Treacle
22-06-2005, 21:20
I disagree, I think Dove is a much better soap than any of them :)

Also Michelle Ryan can act and has to had to prove it in the Kat/Zoe mother storyline. Just because Zoe got tangled up in the Shannis fest she's getting a hard time of it but she did do quite well in the Kat storyline and she acted great. I can't imagine Candice ever being able to outdo that performance.

As for her good looks, I think they're far too over-rated, I've had better looking terriers!

xCharliex
22-06-2005, 21:30
Think we just have diff opinions

Treacle
22-06-2005, 21:39
We definately do if you think Michelle Ryan can't act, mind you it's to be expected if you're a fan of Patsy Kensit.

xCharliex
22-06-2005, 21:45
Sorry but how old are you? Hardly a mature thing to say coming from an expecting mother! Im not here to start a row, i have better things to do. Just because i prefer different actors/actresses to you doesnt mean you have to be so rude

Treacle
22-06-2005, 21:49
Sorry but how old are you? Hardly a mature thing to say coming from an expecting mother! Im not here to start a row, i have better things to do. Just because i prefer different actors/actresses to you doesnt mean you have to be so rude
Ok it wasn't very mature but if that's what you base acting talent on?
Michelle Ryan outdid anything Nikki has done in 6 years with just the Kat mother storyline.

xCharliex
22-06-2005, 21:51
I cant condone that, it was a great storyline, she acted her socks off, that was a few years back, i just dont think shes that great of an actress over the past couple of years. I just put it down to different tastes! Im not really a huge fan of Eastenders nowadays, its just a bit silly rite now.
Like i said im not here to argue more of a debate, lol. No hard feelings

Treacle
22-06-2005, 21:54
Well she hasn't changed she can still act like that but nobody's had any decent material to do in 2003/2004 thanks to Louise Berridge and tying Zoe up with Shannis was a nightmare and now a lot of people (mainly Shannis fans) dislike her but she's still a good actress. Candice I'm afraid is Hollyoaks material, she was awful in the beginning and she's only marginally improved now but I suppose we both have differing opinions on that but you were the one that brought Michelle Ryan into the conversation so I decided to defend her honour!

xCharliex
22-06-2005, 21:56
Ok well i guess thats wat i was doin on Nikki Sandersons behalf. Spose im biased as ive met her and shes a really nice girl. And as 4 Patsy, well i just think shes stunnin and fits in2 Emmerdale due 2 her role.

Treacle
22-06-2005, 22:02
Well Emmerdale don't seem to go for acting talent anyways, it's not just Patsy who lets the side down. That's just my opinion though.

alan45
23-06-2005, 07:59
Spose im biased as ive met her and shes a really nice girl. And as 4 Patsy, well i just think shes stunnin and fits in2 Emmerdale due 2 her role.

Patsy Kensit stunning :sick:

And she is the most wooden of actors

Her acting in Emmerdale is atrocious. The part of Sadie King is a fantastic one let down by PKs total inability to carry out the part. She just has the one expression (probably due to the BOTOX) and delivers all her lines in a monotone voice with absolutely no emotion whatsoever :moonie:

eastenders mad
23-06-2005, 09:09
yeah she does play SAdie really good

Luna
23-06-2005, 09:11
Sadie is a brilliant charcter didn't like her at first though but she grew on me

alan45
23-06-2005, 09:34
Sadie IS a brilliant character but unfortunately Patsy Kensit is a rubbish actor

Treacle
23-06-2005, 11:02
It's the fact her face doesn't reflect emotion really well even when she does a crying scene, it looks so false.

Luna
23-06-2005, 11:18
Isn't most of Patsy False?

xCharliex
23-06-2005, 11:57
yeah she does play SAdie really good

Thanx, @ least im not the only one who thinks so

Treacle
23-06-2005, 12:04
Isn't most of Patsy False?
Plastic, she's almost like a Barbie.

alan45
23-06-2005, 12:19
Plastic, she's almost like a Barbie.

At least Barbie can act :lol:

Treacle
23-06-2005, 12:41
At least Barbie can act :lol:
LOL. One more injection and her forehead will never move again.

xCharliex
23-06-2005, 13:27
I cant get over how immature some of you are, take it you get kicks out of mocking ppl. Guess its just down to jealousy really, who wouldnt want to be rich and famous!
Plus i think you'll find theres another thread about Patsy, why dont you air your opinions there instead.

Treacle
23-06-2005, 13:37
I cant get over how immature some of you are, take it you get kicks out of mocking ppl. Guess its just down to jealousy really, who wouldnt want to be rich and famous!
Plus i think you'll find theres another thread about Patsy, why dont you air your opinions there instead.
Jealous? Please, none of those things can bring her happiness. I'm not short of a bob or two thanks to my wonderful other half and I don't have press and photographers following me around either. I'm also perfectly happy in my life so don't you suggest I'm jealous of her because I wouldn't entertain the idea.

Anyways you can't :nono: tell anyone to discuss this elsewhere when you brought Michelle Ryan into the conversation and there's dozens of threads about her/Zoe in the EastEnders forum.

Toodle pip :)

Keating's babe
23-06-2005, 13:41
The actress who plays Candice (Nikki) has always come across in interviews as a down-to-earth kinda girl. Candice has got on my nerves recently with the weather girl storyline but on the whole I think she's great and will miss her.

Treacle
23-06-2005, 13:43
If she could act then I would miss her.

xCharliex
23-06-2005, 13:44
Hmm ok, firstly i was'nt just aiming the jealousy directly at yourself, and lets just say im not short of a bob or to either. But thats not the point. Im glad your happy, i wouldnt like to hear anybody was un-happy.
A toodle pip is what exactly?
I think we have both realised its not nice to mock people we both like even if we do have different opinions. I was using Michelle Ryan as a comparison to Nikki Sanderson considering their the same age and working in the same business. I could have used any other actress in the same catergory, it just happened to be her as Eastenders is a popular soap like Corrie, god knows why because its hardly a great soap nowadays.

Back on topic, i sitll think its ashame she has decided to move on, and hopefully she will prove herself to people who dont think shes a good actress

Keating's babe
23-06-2005, 13:45
Toodle pip means cheerio.

Just to butt in to the debate... I think Michelle Ryan is fabulous as Zoe and cannot understand how everyone seems to hate her, purely because of the Sharon and Dennis storyline. Hmmm after all is said and done it's only a soap. :rotfl:

Treacle
23-06-2005, 13:47
EastEnders is back on form and will soon go back to being untouchable so it's wrong to say Corrie can't be removed from the top soap slot. It looks like ITV is dying a death so if the whole thing goes down the pan Corrie will be in trouble unless Granada find somewhere else for it to go :D

Anyways she's not the worst actress in the Street but she's still bad. Of course I wish her well, if she can make some money out of it and carve a career then she should go ahead and do it but I'm just not keen on her atall.

Treacle
23-06-2005, 13:48

Just to butt in to the debate... I think Michelle Ryan is fabulous as Zoe and cannot understand how everyone seems to hate her, purely because of the Sharon and Dennis storyline. Hmmm after all is said and done it's only a soap. :rotfl:
I always get confused too, Kacey Ainsworth/Little Mo is also very good, look at her abuse storyline but she's been tied up in Mofie and now people dislike her, she must be peeved off, she's not been back long either.

xCharliex
23-06-2005, 13:48

Your right it is just a soap.

Im a cheerio, wow i never knew people could be breakfast cereals, i'd much prefer to be called a Frostie tho :rotfl:

Treacle
23-06-2005, 13:49
Your right it is just a soap.

Im a cheerio, wow i never knew people could be breakfast cereals, i'd much prefer to be called a Frostie tho :rotfl:
Cheerio can be another word for goodbye. Have the schools really got that bad? :eek:

Treacle
23-06-2005, 13:50
I've said it before and I'll say it again Dove is the best soap although Imperial Lather is catching up slowly. I also think Palmolive could be back in the running.

Keating's babe
23-06-2005, 13:50
I always get confused too, Kacey Ainsworth/Little Mo is also very good, look at her abuse storyline but she's been tied up in Mofie and now people dislike her, she must be peeved off, she's not been back long either.

EXACTLY... poor Mo is now getting it in the neck. :angry:

I am actually one of the minority and prefer Mo and Alfie. <ducks before flying objects come my way>.

Treacle
23-06-2005, 13:51
I don't like Mofie but people are forgetting what Little Mo gave to the programme before this.

Keating's babe
23-06-2005, 13:51
Cheerio can be another word for goodbye. Have the schools really got that bad? :eek:

I wouldn't know whether schools are that bad seeing as I'm 30 this year. :angry:

xCharliex
23-06-2005, 13:52

I wouldnt know i left school a while ago, but that saying had never gone round my school, sounds like a bit of an old skool word. But ill remember that one for future reference :thumbsup:

Treacle
23-06-2005, 13:55
I think I got it off EastEnders when Dot was driving.

xCharliex
23-06-2005, 13:56
Ah right could explain why ive never heard of it havent seen it in a while all the way through

Treacle
23-06-2005, 14:10
I've been hooked this week, it's been the best soap :D

Anyways I'm glad Warren's going and I read that she thought the pair of them could be a double act on-screen for ages, was she dreaming? They're no Jack & Vera, Dot & Jim, Den & Ange etc...

alan45
23-06-2005, 14:57

Patsy Kensit brings the mocking upon herself. She cannot act to save her life IMHO. I cannot imagine ever being jealous of her. Who would want to have poison injected into their lips anyway. :moonie:

Treacle
23-06-2005, 14:58
Patsy Kensit brings the mocking upon herself. She cannot act to save her life IMHO. I cannot imagine ever being jealous of her. Who would want to have poison injected into their lips anyway. :moonie:
Well said Al.

She goes off and marries all these men as well. I've stuck to the one husband. Well for long enough, I have been married before but still she's been married more than me.

xCharliex
23-06-2005, 18:41
OMG what the hell is the big deal. Shes not the only person whos had surgery and been married a few times, look at Elizabeth Taylor. I cant see how its anyones business to what people do with their image and lifestyle. I cant believe your still continuing this conversation :lol: for someone who doesnt like they lady you sure hell as go on about her a lot

Treacle
23-06-2005, 19:07
Oh it's because we're jealous :)

xCharliex
23-06-2005, 20:00
Ah right guess that explains it

alan45
23-06-2005, 21:10
Oh it's because we're jealous :)

Oh yes so jealous of Patsy Botox :sick:

Treacle
23-06-2005, 21:49
Oh yes so jealous of Patsy Botox :sick:
Patsy Woodenzit yeah, we're so like jealous, she needs to go back to drama school.

Jade
23-06-2005, 21:50
Patsy Woodenzit yeah, we're so like jealous, she needs to go back to drama school.

Back to Drama school!!! doesnt look like she went in the first place!!, couldnt act her way out of a paper bag!!! (do they teach that at Drama school?)

Treacle
23-06-2005, 21:52
Back to Drama school!!! doesnt look like she went in the first place!!, couldnt act her way out of a paper bag!!! (do they teach that at Drama school?)
I've been to drama school and I have no idea how she even got in! You have to have talent.

xCharliex
23-06-2005, 22:50
How comes your not our TV screens then? If you were talented you sure would be.

So does anybody know how Candice is going to be written out the soap?

Jade
23-06-2005, 22:53
Dont think it's been revealed yet, but I'm guessing its got somthing to do with Warrens exit, am thinking he gets signed to another football team, and she follows him??

xCharliex
23-06-2005, 22:55
Could be, has he actually left yet? Haven't seen him on screen for a while now.

Treacle
23-06-2005, 22:58
How comes your not our TV screens then? If you were talented you sure would be.

So does anybody know how Candice is going to be written out the soap?
Because I preferred other options for my future. I could have carried on learning drama but it wasn't for me. I joined at a time in my life that I needed to try something new. I did and I stuck at it for a while before leaving and no way would Patsy Kensit ever be allowed to enter one of those places! Atleast not if it's reputable. Just been on Spotlightcd and seen who her agent is, that explains it then!

xCharliex
23-06-2005, 22:59
Because I preferred other options for my future. I could have carried on learning drama but it wasn't for me. I joined at a time in my life that I needed to try something new. I did and I stuck at it for a while before leaving and no way would Patsy Kensit ever be allowed to enter one of those places! Atleast not if it's reputable. Just been on Spotlightcd and seen who her agent is, that explains it then!

And what reputable drama school did you go to then?

Treacle
23-06-2005, 23:00
And what reputable drama school did you go to then?
I went to Anna Schers and it was decent.

xCharliex
23-06-2005, 23:04
Yes ive heard of it was going to go there myself at one point

Treacle
23-06-2005, 23:55
It's good but you have to have atleast a little bit of talent. I thought you did for all of these kind of places. Obviously Patsy didn't attend drama school then.

alan45
24-06-2005, 01:26

Well then you should realise how utterly talentless PK is :sick:

Treacle
24-06-2005, 02:18
She really is awful.

iocioc
24-06-2005, 08:53
whose going to be sarah's new best friend bet it be maria

xCharliex
24-06-2005, 09:04
It's good but you have to have atleast a little bit of talent. I thought you did for all of these kind of places. Obviously Patsy didn't attend drama school then.

Actually your wrong there, you dont have to be talented to actually attend all top drama schools, as long as you have the money to pay the doors are wide open.
Still dunno what the big deal is with you and Patsy Kensit! I think you have made your opinions loud and clear, why keep repeating yourself?

xCharliex
24-06-2005, 09:05
whose going to be sarah's new best friend bet it be maria

I cant see it being Maria, there quite different people and Maria's older. Violet seems more Sarah's type of mate

Treacle
24-06-2005, 10:27
I don't know what the deal is with you and Michelle Ryan (who can act) but yet you saw fit to bring her into it.

Anyways back on topic - Nikki doesn't deserve a big exit storyline because she's not considered a big character.

xCharliex
24-06-2005, 12:21
I think you'll find you have brought up Patsy Kensit far more than myself bringing up Michelle Ryan, i think you should grow up a bit.

I think Nikki should get a good storyline for her exit considering shes been on the show for 6 years, Lucy-Jo did and she was only there a couple of years. Cant see them killing of Nikki though

Treacle
24-06-2005, 14:34
Lucy-Jo could act although she never proved it until the end so she deserved her exit storyline.

Katy
24-06-2005, 17:04
i think that everyones being a bit harsh on nikki. i feel that Nikki portrays the character very well and candice isnt the most exciting person. She could surprise us all when she moves on from corrie.

i cannot see a big exit though i'm just hoping its not in the back of a streetcars cab. That would be pants.

cornetgal xxx

Treacle
24-06-2005, 17:18
I hope it is, I consider her to be an extra so don't understand why she needs an exit storyline atall.

Princess
24-06-2005, 17:20
I hope it is, I consider her to be an extra so don't understand why she needs an exit storyline atall.

Yeah she hasn't really had any big storylines and she's never been one of the street's main characters.
To me she'll just always be Sarah's best friend.

Katy
24-06-2005, 17:29
In my opinion she is like an extra but she must have done something right for corrie to keep her in it for 6 years or whatever it is.

Treacle
24-06-2005, 17:39
Probably kept her in for a bit of totty even though she's way overhyped, the state of her.

Abbie
24-06-2005, 20:41
oh so shes actually leavin oh well i never really liked her anyway

Treacle
25-06-2005, 00:59
Only a few people did :)

eastenders mad
25-06-2005, 10:25
yeah she is so boring getting now.

alan45
25-06-2005, 10:40
Yes her acting seemed to go down around the same time as she paired up with Warren. His poor acting obviously rubbed off on her

Treacle
25-06-2005, 10:46
Yes, Warren could never talk though but Candice could.

alan45
25-06-2005, 10:52
Yes, Warren could never talk though but Candice could.

Helium voice was rubbish but Candice could talk for England as an Olympic Sport. What an airhead

Treacle
25-06-2005, 11:05
She didn't have anything interesting to say though.

alan45
25-06-2005, 12:13
I thought the similarity between her and a certain failed pop star was remarkable

Treacle
25-06-2005, 13:25
Which one?