PDA

View Full Version : enders set for another showdown

chance
17-03-2005, 09:57
Soap heavyweights Emmerdale and EastEnders are set for another head-to-head ratings battle tonight.

The Dales is celebrating its milestone 4000th episode with a one-hour special at 7pm, featuring a climactic showdown on a ferry, while in Albert Square, a relatively uneventful episode sees a new character turn heads at 7.30pm.

Direct competition between the two soaps has spelt disaster for EastEnders on numerous occasions over the past few years, and tonight is expected to be no exception.

callummc
17-03-2005, 10:32
iiii'm afraid to say EE dosn't stand a chance at the moment,emmerdale have a very strong storyline coming up,but if the rumours are true that it's lorraine chase that's leaving,things might change back soon cos she's the 1 of the reasons they've beenn doing so well.

Treacle
17-03-2005, 10:48
Emmerdale might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

*vcl*
17-03-2005, 13:40
Emmerdale might as well enjoy it while it lasts.
I agree, eastenders has had its bad times before but it always come back to the top, give it few months with the new producer and we will soon be seeing the good old times back.

emmerdale and corrie are good soaps but Eastenders is always the best in the long run!

Meh
17-03-2005, 13:42
There's a lot of hard work to do to get EE back on track.
Kudos to Emmerdale - maybe EE can learn a few things of them.

Torrie
17-03-2005, 15:29
It's just a shame that the papers are going to be full of how EE lost out again - blatantly ignoring the fact that it's a special 1hr episode of Emmerdale and an ordinary episode of EE. I'd love to see how Emmerdale would fare if they put an ordinary episode up against EE.

dddMac1
17-03-2005, 15:36
Eastenders does not stand a chance the now of beating the likes of Emmerdale cause it aint strong enough maybe when phil kat come back

callummc
17-03-2005, 16:18
Eastenders does not stand a chance the now of beating the likes of Emmerdale cause it aint strong enough maybe when phil kat come back
Phill and Kat won't do it alone,cos EE dosn't really have any bad actors just bad scripts,it may have done better if they had shut down a couple of months ago,ripped up all the ridiculas scripts and reopened tonight with an hour special,emmerdale woudn't have stood a chance.

Siobhan
17-03-2005, 16:54
Emmerdale came back after the plane crash and introduce a very young cast of people. also brought in a number of super bitches, who left the gangster/big men standing.. Kim, Charity etc... maybe that is what EE needs to develope the kick ass female roles

Torrie
17-03-2005, 17:23
I agree that EE needs a better balance of strong female characters, but I think they may possibly be starting to address that. Chrissie is a good start. As was Jane, although she's starting to mellow a little - she was really fab at the start. Kat when she comes back will hopefully be more like her old self and if the writing was a bit better for her character, Sam could also be quite a good female character. And this new girlfriend of Johnny's is supposed to keep him on his toes. There isn't really anyone to fill the superbitch role though.

Siobhan
17-03-2005, 17:32
If we didn't see Chrissie giving in to Sam's blackmail she could have been the superbitch... it is still possible though... What she needs is to use Den's standing and cash to work her way into that role..

Toxic
17-03-2005, 18:37
I think EE is much better than Emmerdale..

Soaps King
27-03-2005, 14:54
Maybe chrissie kills sam when she leaves in November? Its a possibilty

eastendersisdab
28-03-2005, 15:20
but if she did she would be in jail this very min cos zoe would go and tell the coppers