PDA

View Full Version : Mount Pleasant

tammyy2j
15-08-2011, 11:25
http://sky1.sky.com/sky1-hd-announces-star-studded-comedy-drama-mount-pleasant

Tiger Aspect today started production on Mount Pleasant, a new Sky1 HD eight-part comedy-drama, which will follow the life of Mancunian Lisa and the day-to-day adventures she has with her husband, friends and family.

Written by Sarah Hooper (Shameless), it boasts a veritable who's-who of British stars including Sally Lindsay (Coronation Street, Phoenix Nights) who takes the lead role of Lisa, Daniel Ryan (Skins, Just William) as her husband Dan, and a supporting cast that includes comedy veteran Bobby Ball, Pauline Collins (Upstairs Downstairs, Shirley Valentine), Angela Griffin (Waterloo Road, Hustle), Lisa Tarbuck (Linda Green, Extras), Paula Wilcox (Man About The House, A Touch of Frost), Sian Reeves (Cutting It, Emmerdale), Adrian Bower (Teachers), Neil Fitzmaurice (Peepshow), and Owen McDonnell (Single Handed). Phew!

Mount Pleasant Is Coming!Lisa is a real woman in a real marriage living in a real part of Manchester. She has no idea that another woman, Kate (Tarbuck), is making a play for her husband Dan (Ryan). On a daily basis Lisa has to fend off her temptress neighbour Bianca (Reeves), at the same time as toying with her own emotions when sexy singleton Jack (McDonnell) arrives in town. Lisa navigates the highs and lows with her best friends – and workmates - Shelley (Griffin) and Denise (newcomer, Ainsley Howard). She also remains a loving daughter to her ever-present parents Sue (Collins) and Barry (Ball).

Sky's Head of Comedy Lucy Lumsden commented: “I'm delighted with the wealth of talent that surrounds Mount Pleasant both on and off screen. What better way to kick off Sky's plans for original British comedy. Our customers are in for a treat.”

tammyy2j
15-08-2011, 11:27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn9W2ABMmRE

Katy
16-08-2011, 21:11
this looks good, sky one seem to have some good new comedies set for the coming weeks

tammyy2j
24-08-2011, 12:40
http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/interviews/a336384/mount-pleasant-is-roseanne-meets-cold-feet-say-cast.html

Mount Pleasant starts tonight at 9pm on Sky 1

layla
25-08-2011, 09:41
I was going to watch this. But missed it. Will have to see, if it's repeated in the week.

lizann
25-08-2011, 12:08
I wasnt a fan thought it was crap myself

Perdita
07-03-2013, 12:54
Former EastEnders star Samantha Womack has landed a role on Mount Pleasant.

The actress - who played Ronnie Mitchell on the BBC soap - told Click Liverpool that she will appear in the third series of Sky Living's comedy drama.

"I begin filming Mount Pleasant for TV alongside Pauline Collins [Sue] in Manchester soon," said Womack. "And there may be a musical towards the end of this year, beginning of next, so that'll keep me busy."

Womack, who left EastEnders in 2011 after four years on the show, revealed that she is eager to move into directing in the future, after shooting an anti-bullying video in 2005.

"There's a film in the back of my mind I'd quite like to get out there and the older you get, the more sort of self-conscious and less comfortable in front of the camera you become," she explained.

Sky Living confirmed in January that Mount Pleasant would be back for a third eight-part run to air in late 2013.

The series - which stars Sally Lindsay, Daniel Ryan, Bobby Ball and Angela Griffin - charts the unusual love lives and dramas of couples living in a cul-de-sac in the North of England.

Brucie
07-03-2013, 13:35
It's a shame that Mount Pleasant isn't on terrestrial TV, so more people might watch it - it's consistently good, and far better than any BBC/ITV comedy drama of recent times.

Katy
09-03-2013, 14:39
I agree, I really like it. Especially Sian reeves, she is so funny as bianca.

tammyy2j
03-09-2015, 22:25
The fifth season of Mount Pleasant will premiere on Sky1 on Friday September 11th at 9pm.

Created by Sarah Hooper, Mount Pleasant follows the daily lives of Lisa, her husband, her family and her friends. The series stars Sally Lindsay, Daniel Ryan, Samatha Womack, Nigel Harmon, Adrian Bower, Nicola Millbank, Neil Fitzmaurice, Ainsley Howard, James Dreyfus, Sian Reeves, Daniel Ings and Naomi Bentley.

The show’s fifth season sees Lisa and Dan’s marriage put to the test after they welcomed a baby last season. Their problems are highlighted by the arrival of very-much-inlove new neighbours Jenna and Cameron. War is immediately waged between Lisa and Jenna, whose noisy salon happens to be next-door to Lisa’s newly refurbished office. Elsewhere, Pauline attracts the attentions of pub owner Trevor, though there may be more to the ultra-suave publican than meets the eye, while Roger and Fergus become unlikely gym buddies.