PDA

View Full Version : Pan Am

tammyy2j
28-07-2011, 14:34
New US drama Pan Am will air on BBC Two in the UK.

The channel has picked up the UK rights to the series, which focuses on the employees of the Pan Am airline in the 1960s, Broadcast reports.

Pan Am, which will premiere in the US in September, features a cast including Christina Ricci, Mike Vogel and Kelli Garner.

The BBC's head of acquisition Sue Deeks claimed that the show is a "breath of fresh air".

She also described the series as a "colourful and stylish drama set in a captivating era that changed the world".

BBC Two's controller Janice Hadlow added: "With a love story at its heart and a great unfolding plot that hints at the danger and mystery to come, viewers will be in for an exciting but turbulent ride."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A81AdhD4G7w&feature=player_embedded

Perdita
08-08-2011, 08:10
Pan Am executive producer Thomas Schlamme has said that the show should not be compared to AMC's Mad Men just because they are set in the same time period.

The ABC series, which launches this September, is based during the early 1960s and follows the famous Pan Am stewardesses on their travels around the world.

However, Schlamme has dismissed the inevitable comparisons between the two shows and insisted that there are few similarities.

"Television is just execution," he said, according to The Hollywood Reporter. "It's not the time period it takes place in, it's not the characters. It has nothing to do with Mad Men."

It was also confirmed that the show will slowly introduce darker elements, such as the espionage subplot shown in the pilot episode.

"The espionage aspect is part of Kelli [Garner's] character," creator Jack Orman explained. "On a show that can go anywhere, it's an aspect. We weave it in pretty effectively so it isn't just its own storyline."

It was also confirmed that despite the time period none of the main characters will be seen smoking, with Schlamme explaining that it's the one "revisionist cheat" enforced on the show.

Pan Am features an ensemble cast including Christina Ricci, Margot Robbie, Mike Vogel and Kelli Garner.

The series will launch on September 25 on ABC in the US and on BBC Two in the UK later this year.

Dazzle
08-08-2011, 17:30
Glad to hear Pan Am's going to be on BBC2 - I'm looking forward to watching it.

lizann
12-05-2012, 00:40
Pan Am could be revived on a cable channel, a report has suggested.

The '60s set drama started off strong for ABC with 11.06m viewers, but had dipped to just 3.77m by the season finale.

Though the network is expected to axe the series, producer Sony TV is keen to sell Pan Am to a cable channel, according to Deadline.

The series recently won the Golden Rose award for best series at the Rose d'Or Festival, which is thought to have revived interest.

Starring Christina Ricci, Margot Robbie, Karine Vanasse and Mike Vogel, the first 14-part season of Pan Am focused on the pilots and stewardesses of the famous airline at the beginning of the commercial jet age.

Vanasse originally tweeted that the series had been cancelled in November, but ABC later refuted the rumours.

The first season concluded on February 19.

tango_victor
26-03-2013, 00:24
Has this been canceled? I had wondered what happened to it. I saw a few of them and quite liked the show however the BBC gave it a poor time slot and so I had a feeling ratings for it would be somewhat poor. I thought it was a good show though but as someone who originally intended to become an airline pilot I suppose I'm somewhat bias.

annette_tr9
26-03-2013, 12:54
yes it was cancelled after 14 epsiodes. shame, i quite enjoyed it!

apparently because christina ricci was too short she had to wear high heels when filming and all the others only wore kitten heels!

annette_tr9
26-03-2013, 12:54
yes it was cancelled after 14 epsiodes. shame, i quite enjoyed it!

apparently because christina ricci was too short she had to wear high heels when filming and all the others only wore kitten heels!

(i dont know why this posted twice for me?!?!?)

Perdita
26-03-2013, 12:57
There seems to be a glitch with posts appearing twice, I find using the Go Advanced option when posting seems to stop it

tango_victor
26-03-2013, 14:31
Thank you kindly Anette. Very sad to hear it was axed. It's when shows like that, and Dallas, get axed that I get quite fed up with TV because I don't like constant reality TV taking over that makes rich stars out of talentless people.

I had a double post last night, no idea why though.