PDA

View Full Version : New 'EastEnders' exec appointed

twinkle_eyes83
24-02-2005, 18:12
The BBC has today appointed Kate Harwood as the new executive producer of its flagship soap EastEnders.

Harwood, currently an executive producer for BBC drama serials, is the replacement for Kathleen Hutchison, who was axed last month after just four months at the helm.

To her credit she has the dramas Crime And Punishment, Daniel Deronda, The Lost World and Final Demand.

A "delighted" John Yorke, controller of continuing drama series at the Beeb, said: "She has an excellent reputation across the industry, she understands how to tell stories and how to engage the viewer, it is a real coup for us to have her on board."

Harwood, who is expected to begin work within the next fortnight, added: "I am very excited by the challenge of taking on a show as wonderful as EastEnders. I've been a fan for many years and can't wait to meet the cast and to start working with the production team planning the show's future."

joanna
24-02-2005, 18:17
Kate Harwood? What does that name ring a bell for some other reason? :confused:

twinkle_eyes83
24-02-2005, 18:19
wel what do you mean ring a bell

joanna
24-02-2005, 18:23
Isn't she the one famous for getting rid of famous stars and bringing in unknowns? As long as she didn't do Eldarodo we should be ok :)

twinkle_eyes83
24-02-2005, 18:31
:confused: na she cant do that can she

Behemoth
24-02-2005, 20:31
Come on, lets give her a chance! She hasn't even started yet.....oh god, I hope she doesn't bring back the Ferreira's :O

Steve Owen
21-12-2005, 19:57
Nearly a year has passed and she's done well at the moment.

the_watts_rule
21-12-2005, 21:07
Nearly a year has passed and she's done well at the moment.

She has.

callummc
21-12-2005, 23:23
i'm sorry i don't agree,except for about 5 or 6 episodes i havn't seen anything that was good enough i'm afraid to say,corrie is still dominating the raings and emmerdale are still winning when they go head to head,if things continue she will be on dole in 12 months,so will the cast,i hope i'm wrong but when did you last hear "everybody talking about it",well talking about how good its been,not how boring its been,i am looking forward to the new year for enders and hoping that it does improve,but i'm not holding my breath

alan45
22-12-2005, 00:23
The BBC has today appointed Kate Harwood as the new executive producer of its flagship soap EastEnders.

."

Should that not read FLAGGING :)