PDA

View Full Version : Gemma Atkinson joins 'Casualty'

Perdita
17-05-2011, 12:41
Ex-Hollyoaks actress Gemma Atkinson is joining Casualty as a new paramedic.

The actress - best known for her role as Lisa Hunter in the Channel 4 soap - will play Tamzin alongside second new recruit Omar, who will be played by Sex and the City 2's Dhafer L'Abidine.

With Tamzin tipped to cause a stir among males at the hospital, Atkinson said of her new role: "I am absolutely thrilled to be joining the show and really looking forward to getting to know all the cast and crew.

"I used to watch it as a child so to be involved is fantastic."

Atkinson previously claimed that she had turned down an offer to return to Hollyoaks because she did not want to "get stuck in that rut again" while focusing on movie work.

Casualty producer Oliver Kent said: "Tamzin is going to bring a touch of glamour to the paramedic team and set some hearts racing in the emergency department while Omar's melting roadside manner is going to raise the temperatures of Holby's female patients."

Atkinson and L'Abidine begin filming this month and will make their on-screen debut in the BBC show from September.

Casualty entered the Guinness World Records last year after being named the longest-running primetime medical drama in TV history.

tammyy2j
17-05-2011, 13:05
She is an awful actress

Perdita
12-08-2011, 16:42
Casualty's new recruit Gemma Atkinson has revealed that she helped to create her character in discussions with the BBC.

The former Hollyoaks actress was cast in the long-running medical drama earlier this year in the role of Tamzin Bayle, a new paramedic who joins the team in tomorrow night's episode.

Atkinson told TV Times of how she landed the part: "I did a workshop with the BBC, where I sat down with producers and directors and they asked me what sort of character would I like to play if I were to join Casualty.

"I thought the obvious choice would be a nurse so I said a paramedic, as I thought that would be something a bit different. They went away and then they called me back a few weeks later and said that they'd like to write me into the series."

Atkinson said that there are clear differences between Tamzin and Lisa Hunter, the character she played on Hollyoaks for five years.

"I think Tamzin's a lot more clued up in life than Lisa," the 26-year-old commented. "She's a lot older and wiser, but she's still got the girl-next-door charm that Lisa had, which is great."

Casualty continues tomorrow night at 8.35pm on BBC One.

Perdita
05-05-2012, 17:54
Casualty actress Gemma Atkinson has confirmed that she will return to the show.

The former Hollyoaks star was cast in the series last year as a new paramedic called Tamzin.

She was initially on the show for three months, but today confirmed via Twitter that she is currently filming new episodes in Cardiff.

Atkinson tweeted: "For those asking, the reason im working in Cardiff now is because ive joined Casualty again. Watch this space for Tamzins return ;) (sic)."

It was reported last year that Atkinson was searching for work in the US.

She was also lined up for her first Bollywood film.

Perdita
13-09-2014, 13:24
Casualty star Gemma Atkinson has discussed her exit from the show, teasing an emotional storyline.

The actress, who plays paramedic Tamzin Bayle, returned to the show for the third time in May.
http://i1.cdnds.net/12/46/618x511/341918-low_res-casualty.jpg
Gemma Atkinson as Tamzin Bayle in Casualty
© BBC
Gemma Atkinson as Tamzin Bayle

Speaking to Digital Spy at the National Lottery Awards, she said: "I won't tell you how or why but it's really, really good. It's going to have a lot of people in tears.

"I was brought back for a storyline and there was nowhere else to take the storyline.

"It was one of those endings where you go 'OK, I can come back later on' but it won't really work because of something that happens previously which hasn't been screened yet.

"So it was one of those situations where it's been amazing but this is my third stint now," the former Hollyoaks actress added.

However, the 29-year-old said the door has been left open for a possible fourth stint on the show.

"Maybe around Christmas and the new year she might pop back. But the way it ends, she has to clear off."

Atkinson confirmed that her final appearance is scheduled for mid-October.